PDA

View Full Version : Labour: allow illegal aliens to complete degree

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Labour: allow illegal aliens to complete degree

The Labour parliamentary party has submitted a proposal for draft law which allows illegal aliens following intermediate vocational education to do apprenticeships.

The move comes after the municipality of Amsterdam clashed with the conservative government of Prime Minister Mark Rutte over the issue. The cabinet argues that illegal immigrants are not allowed to do apprenticeships because these are a form a work and illegal immigrants are not allowed to work.

Earlier this week, Amsterdam Labour Finances and Economy Alderman Lodewijk Asscher defended the capital’s position on the matter saying apprenticeships are a mandatory part of the intermediate vocational curriculum. Children whose requests for a residence permit are still being reviewed should be able to complete their education in the meantime.

Source: Radio Netherlands (http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/labour-allow-illegal-aliens-complete-degree) (6 April 2012)

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Labour, with all due respect, in the most unparliamentarily language, fuck you !

Get your priorities right. We have a financial crisis going on and the fate of some illegals shouldn't concern us in the slightest. Illegal is illegal and thus they shouldn't be allowed to enroll anyway as they are taking away places from local students but they should be chucked over the border. Now: do what you've been founded for and stand up for the Dutch working and lower middle class that is taking hit after hit in this crisis.

Anarch
04-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Illegal aliens should be deported by the cheapest means necessary as swiftly as possible, assuming borders actually have any meaning.

CelticViking
04-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Labour Party sucks all over the world it seems.

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Well.. the Conservatives (CDA, VVD or even the PVV) aren't any better though.

Albion
04-06-2012, 03:41 PM
For a moment I thought this was about UK Labour, this sounds like something they'd do as well.

Joe McCarthy
04-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Well.. the Conservatives (CDA, VVD or even the PVV) aren't any better though.

The PVV is no better than Labour? :rolleyes: I guess letting illegal immigrants finish degrees is something Geert Wilders is likely to favor, eh? :rolleyes2:

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 03:50 PM
The PVV is no better than Labour? :rolleyes: I guess letting illegal immigrants finish degrees is something Geert Wilders is likely to favor, eh? :rolleyes2:
The PVV did vote for the inclusion of foreign laws (http://sargasso.nl/archief/2011/09/29/pvv-stemde-zelf-voor-toepassing-sharia-rechtspraak/)into Dutch court cases (Sharia law). That's just one example. But I recommend you to stay out of Dutch politics.

Joe McCarthy
04-06-2012, 04:03 PM
The PVV did vote for the inclusion of foreign laws (http://sargasso.nl/archief/2011/09/29/pvv-stemde-zelf-voor-toepassing-sharia-rechtspraak/)into Dutch court cases (Sharia law). That's just one example. But I recommend you to stay out of Dutch politics.

You've made this claim before and I've been unable to confirm it in English language media. Suggesting Wilders supports Sharia law doesn't pass the smell test. The particulars here would no doubt shed a different light on the subject.

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 04:05 PM
You've made this claim before and I've been unable to confirm it in English language media. Suggesting Wilders supports Sharia law doesn't pass the smell test. The particulars here would no doubt shed a different light on the subject.
Then you have to learn another language for once in your life or use Google Translator because if you want to meddle in foreign politics you have to be able to speak the language.

Dutch government site about the law (https://zoek.officielebekendmakingen.nl/stb-2011-272.html). (official). The official voting record (https://zoek.officielebekendmakingen.nl/h-tk-20102011-4-23.html).

Aan de orde zijn de stemmingen in verband met het wetsvoorstel Vaststelling en invoering van Boek 10 (Internationaal privaatrecht) van het Burgerlijk Wetboek (Vaststellings- en Invoeringswet Boek 10 Burgerlijk Wetboek) (32137).

(Zie vergadering van 23 september 2010.)

De voorzitter:
Ik constateer dat dit wetsvoorstel met algemene stemmen is aangenomen.

Mary
04-06-2012, 04:11 PM

lol. If a contract is made under Sharia law, then it has to get arbitrated under that law, even if it is in a Dutch court.

On topic: there's no reason why people living in a country should not have access to education, regardless of their residential status.

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 04:15 PM
lol. If a contract is made under Sharia law, then it has to get arbitrated under that law, even if it is in a Dutch court.
A contract made in the Netherlands is only valid when it fits Dutch law. That's a basis for legal and national sovereignty.

On topic: there's no reason why people living in a country should not have access to education, regardless of their residential status.
Leave that to the Dutch.

Mary
04-06-2012, 04:18 PM
A contract made in the Netherlands is only valid when it fits Dutch law. That's a basis for legal and national sovereignty.

Sharia law fits Dutch law. It's the principle of freedom of contract.

Leave that to the Dutch.

No. This is an EU-wide issue. What happens in one country will have effects on all the other countries because of the principle of free movement.

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Sharia law fits Dutch law.
No it doesn't. Study Dutch law before you come back. Dutch law formulates (in quite some detail) what a contract entails.

No. This is an EU-wide issue. What happens in one country will have effects on all the other countries because of the principle of free movement.
Schengen does not affect this as the principle of the free movement of people only covers EU citizens.

Mary
04-06-2012, 04:22 PM
No it doesn't. Study Dutch law before you come back.

Yes, it does. Go study Dutch law yourself. It's contractual freedom. :D

Schengen does not affect this as free movement of people only refers to EU citizens.

Schengen means that there are no border controls. That means your problem becomes someone else's problem if you mess around.

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 04:23 PM
No it doesn't. Study Dutch law before you come back.

Yes, it does. Go study Dutch law yourself. It's contractual freedom. :D
First study Dutch law and then come back.

Schengen means that there are no border controls. That means your problem becomes someone else's problem if you mess around.
Wrong. Schengen means that there are no inter-European borders but an African or Afghan illegal isn't covered by that and this is as such just another matter of Dutch national sovereignty..

Mary
04-06-2012, 04:26 PM
First study Dutch law and then come back.

Go study Dutch law yourself.

Wrong. Schengen means that there are no inter-European borders but an African or Afghan illegal isn't covered by that and this is as such just another matter of Dutch national sovereignty..

Yes, they covered by the absence of border controls. That means if you deny education to your illegals, they can easily move to a different country. Using the Schengen treaty in that way constitutes a breach of loyalty.

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Go study Dutch law yourself.
I am Dutch and you haven't got a clue of it.

Yes, they covered by the absence of border controls. That means if you deny education to your illegals, they can easily move to a different country. Using the Schengen treaty in that way constitutes a breach of loyalty.
Wrong. It means that we Dutch can quite easily expel them. Not to Germany or so.. but to their own country. Deal with it.

Mary
04-06-2012, 04:30 PM
I am Dutch and you haven't got a clue of it.

Yeah, I do. This is basic contract law. Only a total clown would complain about it.

Wrong. It means that we Dutch can quite easily expel them. Not to Germany or so.. but to their own country. Deal with it.

You're not talking about expelling. You are talking about access to education. Otherwise your thread would have been called "expelling illegal immigrants" and not "Labour: allow illegal aliens to complete degree"

Can't you stay on topic in your own thread?

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I do. This is basic contract law. Only a total clown would complain about it.
Wrong. Dutch law regulates the form of contracts and as such the validity of contracts are regulated by law.

You're not talking about expelling. You are taking about access to education. Otherwise your thread would have been called "expelling illegal immigrants" and not "Labour: allow illegal aliens to complete degree"

Can't you stay on topic in your own thread?
Wrong. There is a reason why it causes an uproar in this country as Labour comes up with an idea that goes against Dutch immigration laws. Now, Mary, we are done with the debate: get out of the thread.

Mary
04-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Wrong. Dutch law regulates the form of contracts and as such the validity of contracts are regulated by law.

You obviously don't know anything about that. Or you would be posting the applicable sections, right?

Wrong. There is a reason why it causes an uproar in this country as Labour comes up with an idea that goes against Dutch immigration laws. Now, Mary, we are done with the debate: get out of the thread.

Which part of Dutch immigration does it go against? Could you quote it?

I'm not going anywhere. :D

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 04:36 PM
You obviously don't know anything about that. Or you would be posting the applicable sections, right?

Which part of Dutch immigration does it go against? Could you quote it?

I'm not going anywhere. :D
You could read the Vreemdelingenwet. And yes you are because the only reason why you are here is trolling.

Mary
04-06-2012, 04:39 PM
You could read the Vreemdelingenwet. And yes you are because the only reason why you are here is trolling.

You are claiming that a contract concluded under Sharia law goes against Dutch law. The burden of proof is on you. I kindly ask you to quote that statute in the Dutch legal code that says this is the case.

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 04:41 PM
You are claiming that a contract concluded under Sharia law goes against Dutch law. The burden of proof is on you. I kindly ask you to quote that statute in the Dutch legal code that says this is the case.
You can look it all up for yourself (http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overeenkomst_%28Nederland%29). Here.. I will even help you. And when you have read the entire Wetboek in Dutch and when you have read the entire Vreemdelingenwet in Dutch you come back to me.

Until then: shut it.

Mary
04-06-2012, 04:43 PM
You can look it all up for yourself (http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overeenkomst_%28Nederland%29). Here.. I will even help you. And when you have read the entire Wetboek in Dutch and when you have read the entire Vreemdelingenwet in Dutch you come back to me.

Until then: shut it.

You are the one making the claim. Not me. That means you need to show that your claim is correct.

So I ask again: Which section of the Dutch legal codes forbids contracts under Sharia law?

I am not going to buy your claim on your say so. Anyone can claim anything. You need to provide some substance to your claim.

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 04:44 PM
You are the one making the claim. Not me. That means you need to show that your claim is correct.

So I ask again: Which section of the Dutch legal codes forbids contracts under Sharia law?
Read the Wetboek and then come back to me. Dutch contract laws date back to the 19th century and as such no Sharia was included in it. The only thing applicable here is Dutch law.

Directions for you: De algemene regeling voor de overeenkomst wordt gegeven in titel 5 van boek 6 van het Burgerlijk Wetboek (http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burgerlijk_Wetboek_%28Nederland%29).

Sharia vs Dutch law (http://www.terechtgesteld.nl/?p=17). Commentary about the inclusion of Sharia law in Dutch law. One thing that would make the inclusion of Sharia law impossible is the fact that someone can be tried twice for the same offence.

The PVV (http://www.trouw.nl/tr/nl/5164/Islam/article/detail/2936336/2011/09/29/PVV-zit-fout-Nederland-gebruikt-geen-islamitisch-recht.dhtml) was rather hypocritical about it when they supported it first and then attacked the inclusion of Sharia law under Dutch law. Sharia law is currently not in use in the Netherlands although judges are allowed to look at foreign laws in order to find more understanding for the court case from a foreign legal perspective but rarely include the knowledge in their verdicts.

Mary
04-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Read the Wetboek and then come back to me. Dutch contract laws date back to the 19th century and as such no Sharia was included in it. The only thing applicable here is Dutch law.

Directions for you: De algemene regeling voor de overeenkomst wordt gegeven in titel 5 van boek 6 van het Burgerlijk Wetboek (http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burgerlijk_Wetboek_%28Nederland%29).

Sharia vs Dutch law (http://www.terechtgesteld.nl/?p=17). Commentary about the inclusion of Sharia law in Dutch law. One thing that would make the inclusion of Sharia law impossible is the fact that someone can be tried twice for the same offence.

The PVV (http://www.trouw.nl/tr/nl/5164/Islam/article/detail/2936336/2011/09/29/PVV-zit-fout-Nederland-gebruikt-geen-islamitisch-recht.dhtml) was rather hypocritical about it when they supported it first and then attacked the inclusion of Sharia law under Dutch law. Sharia law is currently not in use in the Netherlands although judges are allowed to look at foreign laws in order to find more understanding for the court case from a foreign legal perspective but rarely include the knowledge in their verdicts.

Let's do this again:

1) You need to prove your claim.

2) You can do so by quoting the exact statute in the Dutch legal code which forbids contracts under Sharia. Not just referring me to the legal code and saying "it's in there somewhere". Then I could claim anything and refer people to the Spiderman comic book.

3) Dutch law allows the application of Sharia law. How do I know this? Because the principle of contractual freedom is the same in all civil law.

4) Please let us focus on the basic question: where is this prohibited?

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Let's do this again:

1) You need to prove your claim.

2) You can do so by quoting the exact statute in the Dutch legal code which forbids contracts under Sharia. Not just referring me to the legal code and saying "it's in there somewhere". Then I could claim anything and refer people to the Spiderman comic book.

3) Dutch law allows the application of Sharia law. How do I know this? Because the principle of contractual freedom is the same in all civil law.
First you are going to look at the law books I have provided for you and then you're going to come back.

Mary
04-06-2012, 04:55 PM
First you are going to look at the law books I have provided for you and then you're going to come back.

You need to quote the applicable statue.

It's not my job to prove your claim.

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 04:56 PM
You need to quote the applicable statue.

It's not my job to prove your claim.
Go Mary. There is no further debate. Rely on the Dutch sources I have given you. Read and come back.

Mary
04-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Go Mary. There is no further debate. Rely on the Dutch sources I have given you. Read and come back.

No. Here's how it works:

* I can make a contract under whatever law I like. There is no prohibition against doing this. Which means it is perfectly legal.
* I can then go to court in the Netherlands and have this contract enforced under that law under which it was originally made.
* This a good thing and you should think so too.

PetiteParisienne
04-06-2012, 05:01 PM
The fact that illegal immigrants can get into higher education is shocking in and of itself. Bureaucracy is a joke. The mind boggles.

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 05:07 PM
No. Here's how it works:

* I can make a contract under whatever law I like. There is no prohibition against doing this. Which means it is perfectly legal.
* I can then go to court in the Netherlands and have this contract enforced under that law under which it was originally made.
* This a good thing and you should think so too.
* Wrong. That has to be a codified official law (f.i American or Canadian or German) and Sharia is not codified and official (meaning it is not the law of the land in a country) and it can only be done abroad.
*As stated before. Nope.
* I disagree. If a contract was made under Chinese law because it was made with a Chinese company then that should be legal. If a marriage contract was made between two foreigners that were not here at that time then that marriage should be made legal under Dutch law but that procedure is not always automatic:

Example: in the Netherlands same-sex marriage is allowed. F.I in Japan it is not and as such would the Japanese not recognise a Dutch same-sex marriage. Polygamy is illegal in the Netherlands and as such would be polygamous marriage made abroad not be recognised under Dutch law.

Titel XIII. Misdrijven tegen de burgerlijke staat (http://wetboek.net/Sr/237.html)

Artikel 237

1Met gevangenisstraf van ten hoogste 4 jaren of geldboete van de vierde categorie wordt gestraft: 1*. hij die opzettelijk een dubbel huwelijk aangaat;2*. hij die een huwelijk aangaat, wetende dat de wederpartij daardoor een dubbel huwelijk aangaat. 2 Indien hij die opzettelijk een dubbel huwelijk aangaat, aan de wederpartij zijn gehuwde staat heeft verzwegen, wordt hij gestraft met gevangenisstraf van ten hoogste zes jaren of geldboete van de vierde categorie. 3 Ontzetting van de in art. 28, 1e lid, onder 1, 2 en 4 (http://wetboek.net/Sr/237.html?r=1452881135), vermelde rechten kan worden uitgesproken.
Artikel 33 (http://wetten.overheid.nl/BWBR0002656/Boek1/Titel5/Afdeling1/Artikel33/geldigheidsdatum_05-01-2011)

Een persoon kan tegelijkertijd slechts met één andere persoon door het huwelijk verbonden zijn.

The fact that Amsterdam has, in 2008, reportedly registered such marriages as concluded abroad caused a stir in the Netherlands as it directly violates Dutch law.

Mary
04-06-2012, 05:29 PM
* Wrong. That has to be a codified official law (f.i American or Canadian or German) and Sharia is not codified and official (meaning it is not the law of the land in a country) and it can only be done abroad.
*As stated before. Nope.
* I disagree. If a contract was made under Chinese law because it was made with a Chinese company then that should be legal. If a marriage contract was made between two foreigners that were not here at that time then that marriage should be made legal under Dutch law but that procedure is not always automatic:

Example: in the Netherlands same-sex marriage is allowed. F.I in Japan it is not and as such would the Japanese not recognise a Dutch same-sex marriage. Polygamy is illegal in the Netherlands and as such would be polygamous marriage made abroad not be recognised under Dutch law.

The fact that Amsterdam has reportedly registered such marriages back in 2008 as concluded abroad caused a stir in the Netherlands as it directly violates Dutch law.

1) Sharia is the legal system in a number of Muslim countries. So if you want Sharia law, you take the law of a country that practices Sharia. I'm sure they have it codified there.

2) Yes. See above. The court is obliged to uphold valid contracts.

3) It's not the government's business to decide under what legal code people should conclude their contracts.

4) Polygamy or gay partnership are against the law in a number countries. That's not what we're talking about.

5) A better example is:

A woman (Fatima) enters into a marital contract with a Muslim man (Mahmoud) under Iranian law, where she promises to be virgin on the wedding night, and in return she receives a bride price of 100 gold coins.

If Fatima turns out to not be a virgin, can Mahmoud sue Fatima for breech of contract in the Netherlands?

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 05:33 PM
1) Sharia is the legal system in a number of Muslim countries. So if you want Sharia law, you take the law of a country that practices Sharia. I'm sure they have it codified there.
I looked it up. And I can't find it.

2) Yes. See above. The court is obliged to uphold valid contracts.
If signed in accordance to Dutch law. If the contract itself violates Dutch law then the court would annul it too. So.. foreign law only applies where it doesn't violate Dutch law.

3) It's not the government's business to decide under what legal code people should conclude their contracts.
Wrong. That's why there is a Dutch law that even extends down to contract laws. Dutch law here is the decisive factor.

4) Polygamy or gay partnership are against the law in a number countries. That's not what we're talking about.
Exactly the same principle applies here. Contracts signed here have no validity if found to be at odds with local foreign law.

5) A better example is:

A woman (Fatima) enters into a marital contract with a Muslim man (Mahmoud) under Iranian law, where she promises to be virgin on the wedding night, and in return she receives a bride price of 100 gold coins.

If Fatima turns out to not be a virgin, can the Mahmoud sue for breech of contract?
Probably not. Unless it would be interpreted as that Fatima has committed fraud and that the marriage was concluded onder valse voorwendselen. (under fake pretences) Which is, by my knowledge, possible under Dutch law but that's not Sharia.

Mary
04-06-2012, 05:42 PM
I looked it up. And I can't find it.

If signed in accordance to Dutch law. If the contract itself violates Dutch law then the court would annul it too. So.. foreign law only applies where it doesn't violate Dutch law.

Wrong. That's why there is a Dutch law that even extends down to contract laws. Dutch law here is the decisive factor.

Exactly the same principle applies here. Contracts signed here have no validity if found to be at odds with local foreign law.

Probably not. Unless it would be interpreted as that Fatima has committed fraud and that the marriage was concluded onder valse voorwendselen. (under fake pretences) Which is, by my knowledge, possible under Dutch law but that's not Sharia.

1) Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_system_of_Iran

2) I never talked about contracts that violate Dutch law. Just because a contract is concluded under Sharia does not make it invalid.

3) No one in the Netherlands in obliged to conclude their contracts according to Dutch law. They can have whatever law they want. As long as the contract does not break Dutch law, Dutch courts are obliged to uphold it.

4) Again, I never talked about contracts that explicitly breached Dutch law.

5) Why not? If the contract was concluded under Iranian law, then Iranian law gets applied in arbitrating the dispute. That means the court may order Fatima to pay back the bride price, even though no such stipulation exists under Dutch law.

This is how Sharia gets applied in Western courts.

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 05:45 PM
1) Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_system_of_Iran

2) I never talked about contracts that violate Dutch law. Just because a contract is concluded under Sharia does not make it invalid.

3) No one in the Netherlands in obliged to conclude their contracts according to Dutch law. They can have whatever law they want. As long as the contract does not break Dutch law, Dutch courts are obliged to uphold it.

4) Again, I never talked about contracts that explicitly breached Dutch law.

5) Why not? If the contract was concluded under Iranian law, then Iranian law gets applied in arbitrating the dispute. That means the court may order Fatima to pay back the bride price, even though no such stipulation exists under Dutch law.

This is how Sharia gets applied in Western courts.

That's what it says: as long as it doesn't violate Dutch law and a lot of law systems would be at odds with Dutch law. When it comes to Fatima: it would probably be considered fraudulent under Iranian law and since Dutch law could consider it to be fraudulent contract it is not impossible that the contract would be annulled (divorce - if requested by the husband) and she would have to reimburse him.

Mary
04-06-2012, 05:49 PM
That's what it says: as long as it doesn't violate Dutch law and a lot of law systems would be at odds with Dutch law. When it comes to Fatima: it would probably be considered fraudulent under Iranian law and since Dutch law could consider it to be fraudulent contract it is not impossible that the contract would be annulled (divorce - if requested by the husband) and she would have to reimburse him.

1) Not all contracts under Sharia violate Dutch law.

2) We're not applying Dutch law to Fatima. We are applying Iranian law, because the contract was concluded under Iranian law. And under Iranian law she would probably have to back the bride price, yes.

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 05:51 PM
1) Not all contracts under Sharia violate Dutch law.
Not at all of them but those that do have no value under Dutch law.

2) We're not applying Dutch law to Fatima. We are applying Iranian law, because the contract was concluded under Iranian law. And under Iranian law she would probably have to back the bride price, yes.
Wrong. We are speaking Dutch law here because the verdict can't be reached under Iranian law but that would be included in the verdict.

Mary
04-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Not at all of them but those that do have no value under Dutch law.

Yes, but that's no different from any other legal system.

Wrong. We are speaking Dutch law here because the verdict can't be reached under Iranian law but that would be included in the verdict.

The verdict itself is under Dutch law. The legal principles used to arbitrate the dispute are the same as in Iran, which means Sharia-based.

* Dutch contract - Dutch rules
* Iranian contract - Iranian rules

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Yes, but that's no different from any other legal system.
Of course. The same goes for a Belgian or British contract that violates Dutch law.

The verdict itself is under Dutch law. The legal principles used to arbitrate the dispute are the same as in Iran, which means Sharia-based.
But not Sharia law. It is based on Iranian law not Sharia law. That's just one of those lovely little legal things you need to understand. It's not the same thing. ;)

Mary
04-06-2012, 06:07 PM
But not Sharia law. It is based on Iranian law not Sharia law. That's just one of those lovely little legal things you need to understand. It's not the same thing. ;)

Iranian law is based on Sharia. We can discuss if it deserves to be called "real Sharia" but the point is that they have different legal principles from those in the West.

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Iranian law is based on Sharia. We can discuss if it deserves to be called "real Sharia" but the point is that they have different legal principles from those in the West.
Yes but as such it would have no value if it violates Dutch law. So use this as an example:

Fatima has cheated on Mahmoud.

Mahmoud takes Fatima to court and wants to have her stoned to death because that would be the punishment under Sharia.

Can't.

Mary
04-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Yes but as such it would have no value if it violates Dutch law. So use this as an example:

Fatima has cheated on Mahmoud.

Mahmoud takes Fatima to court and wants to have her stoned to death because that would be the punishment under Sharia.

Can't.

I agree. But then we're talking about Criminal Law. Because adultery is a crime under that system. Most "Muslim" disputes are about contracts or family matters. Then the court awards monetary compensation.

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 06:16 PM
I agree. But then we're talking about Criminal Law. Most "Muslim" disputes are about contracts or family matters.
Then that is where Dutch commerce or family law comes in with a view on the laws of their home country where the contract was signed to begin with.

Mary
04-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Then that is where Dutch commerce or family law comes in with a view on the laws of their home country where the contract was signed to begin with.

Again:

Dutch contract - Dutch rules
"Muslim" contract - "Muslim" rules

Smaland
04-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Labour: allow illegal aliens to complete degree

The Labour parliamentary party has submitted a proposal for draft law which allows illegal aliens following intermediate vocational education to do apprenticeships.

The move comes after the municipality of Amsterdam clashed with the conservative government of Prime Minister Mark Rutte over the issue. The cabinet argues that illegal immigrants are not allowed to do apprenticeships because these are a form a work and illegal immigrants are not allowed to work.

Earlier this week, Amsterdam Labour Finances and Economy Alderman Lodewijk Asscher defended the capital’s position on the matter saying apprenticeships are a mandatory part of the intermediate vocational curriculum. Children whose requests for a residence permit are still being reviewed should be able to complete their education in the meantime.

Source: Radio Netherlands (http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/labour-allow-illegal-aliens-complete-degree) (6 April 2012)

Unfortunately, there are American states that allow illegal aliens to attend college. :mad:

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Again:

Dutch contract - Dutch rules
"Muslim" contract - "Muslim" rules
Again:

Only when it doesn't break Dutch law.

Nixon
04-06-2012, 06:30 PM
I for one am happy about this. Israel is 'an apartheid racist state' that 'commits genocide' the Dutch should allow as many Muslims as possible to move there and get a free University education.

It's only fair.

The Lawspeaker
04-06-2012, 06:57 PM
I for one am happy about this. Israel is 'an apartheid racist state' that 'commits genocide' the Dutch should allow as many Muslims as possible to move there and get a free University education.

It's only fair.
No trolling. Besides: the Labour Party is not in office and are performing very badly in the latest polls.