PDA

View Full Version : Strange dreams thread

Eldritch
05-23-2009, 07:36 AM
Sometimes I take half a Xanor (Xanax for you across the pond) before going to bed. It does make me sleep more soundly and I wake up feeling more rested. It does have an odd side effect, though: incredibly bizarre dreams. I don't mean horrible nightmares, just seriously weird dreams.

Take last night: me and a group of friends and collegues had made a bet with Satan that in 10 days, he would make us all do something that violates our own personal sense of morality and ethics. During the experiment, we'd all stay in one big house, Big Brother style.

In the dream, I'm alone in the living room of the house when Satan comes in. He's very suave, impeccably polite and slightly effeminate. He shows me some pictures of Hell (it looks more like Mordor in the LotR movies than the classic fiery pit), and then heads for the liquor cabinet. After Satan gets drunk and passes out, I lock all doors and then burn the house down.

Wonder what old Sigmund would have had to say about this. :rolleyes:

Brynhild
05-23-2009, 08:31 AM
If I could have a stab in the dark, it is a very vivid dream you had and in particular about Satan.

You may have some idea about what the dream would entail, but it also depends on how you have viewed Satan to be. To lock up the house and burn him inside it could suggest a part of you that you're releasing. Something which has haunted you for a very long time has finally become something you are able to walk away from.

As for your rights being violated, this cannot and will not ever happen again, hence the need to destroy Satan and free yourself from his control.

You imagined Hell to be like Mordor and that's the ring's final resting place so that Sauron is destroyed and the world can be at peace once more. It's a rather interesting parallel IMO. To burn something is very cleansing and very thorough.

As for what Sigmund would've thought, he'd have come up with some phallic excuse!

Lady L
05-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Whenever I have taken Xanax or any other nerve pills they make me also dream very out of the ordinary for myself. :confused:

And, sometimes when I am out of pot I will dream about it. It sometimes will be me looking for it, someone sharing with me, etc :D

Often times, I will have problems falling asleep. I will be tired but so wound up, I lay there thinking, thinking, thinking, and everyone else is snoring! :tongue I get so annoyed. I wouldn't mind taking the PM over the counter medicines but whenever I have took them, they give me restless leg syndrome ...:confused:

A strange dream I had the other morning was me and my family were at a haunted house, the theme was " there was something in the water " causing all the ruckus, it wanted us to " play games " with it...:rolleyes: and it was as we had been doing what it wanted us to but then we said No More! and got the hell outta there, we moved to a new house...and I think it followed us there. It was also one of those dreams where it felt like I was watching it as a movie, and that it wasn't really us, but it was. :confused: It was also another, where I wake myself up by talking to myself in the dream...telling myself to wake up, its just a dream. :cool:

Ladejarlen
05-27-2009, 12:47 AM
I dreamt one night that I bought white toulips for a pretty girl I know. I bought them from Abbath in Immortal, and they came with blood stains on them. But it looked very nice. Abbath gave me 3 different animal skulls as a bonus... I remember I was up in the mountains to buy these flowers.

Barreldriver
05-27-2009, 02:40 AM
An odd dream I've had:

I was standing in my backyard amongst the pine trees. It begins to rain lightly, a gust begins. My yard slowly disappears and next thing I'm on a shoreline surrounded by fog, I begin to wander around in the fog and next thing I know I'm falling dead drop, I land inside of a ship, like one of those stereotypical pirate ships, for the rest of the dream I'm just sailing endlessly on this ship going nowhere, then I completely black out.

Óttar
05-27-2009, 03:54 AM
A recent dream.

Before going down to Florida to visit my mother, father and grandmother recently I had a dream where I was in a competition between two teams. One team wore yellow flags and the other team wore orange flags. We all had parachutes and the object was to fly through the air and attempt to cut the strings of the other team, so that they would fall to their deaths. I was jumping from building to building to find an opponent, and I asked one of my teammates "How do I work this string to navigate gravity?", he told me "the slightest tug will send you thousands of feet in the air."

Before going to Florida I was very angry that I was still expected to see family members when I had my own life in Boston. My mom always talks this crap about how my grandmother is dying and I should see her and all this. It's all just a guilt-trip manipulation ploy... We're all dying, she could still be dying for years yet. :mad:

Another dream I had back in 2007 before going to study abroad in northern India. They put me on malaria medication before I went, and the drugs make you have freaky dreams let me tell you. It confirms some Freud. the imagery is crystal clear.

I dreamt I was outside a building and I looked over and saw a male prostitute dressed in tight pants, shirtless, with a brown fur coat. I found myself walking around inside a house for a while, I looked over and this same hustler was bloody, dying in a bed ready for his last breath. Then I walked into the bathroom, and I rinsed my face, but the water was blood and I looked into the mirror and I had morphed into a blonde girl. I walked outside and it was my neighborhood where I grew up, there were a bunch of half cat half human kids, dressed in people clothing, sitting where I used to sit while waiting for the school bus.

The last dream I had on this stuff, I was at an aquarium and I saw the glass and the water and there was a huge blue sperm-whale, and suddenly another gigantic brown whale came up from behind and swallowed it whole.

:033102st:

Barreldriver
05-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Well, here's last nights dream, or all I can remember of it, it had something to do with me and this team of mercenaries in old English armor and weaponry having to retrieve some crystal object, midway through the dream it turned into legos, everything except the people, all my weapons turned to lego weapons the buildings lego buildings and the crystal one of those green lego crystal things. Last event I remember is being behind one of those sci-fi blast doors trying to load my damn lego crossbow that's only the size of my thumb, and the arrows falling out each time I go to shoot, then it gets upgraded like in video games, with weapon bonuses and crap, it turns into this crossbow that's fired like those water noodle squirt guns, and it shot out a wave of arrows killing those lego rock monster things from the rock raiders series. :P

Ulf
05-28-2009, 11:34 AM
I frequently dream in black and white and/or without 'seeing' anything. I dream in emotions.

Lately I've dreamt of nothing but oblivion. How sweet it is...

Lulletje Rozewater
06-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Last night I dreamt that I had 8 dogs,when I woke up I had ten and new girlfriend.
How strange reality is?????? ;)

Rainraven
06-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Ok I had a really freaky dream last night.

Me and a friend were stuck in some sort of coal mine with a friend of mine. We obviously couldn't get out and then it all just turned sort of nightmarish. We had no food or way to survive and there was another man there, he had himself somehow hooked up to a maybe and was taking blood from it because it would keep him healthy for longer. We found a body of another man and we were going to eat him but his body was bloated and all black inside from working in the coal mine so we but a blanket over him and used him as a pillow. There was another baby but it was dead, and its body was fine and so my friend asked if I wanted to half it.

Thankfully I woke up then but it was very disturbing :(
I get nightmares about once a month and I always know that they're just dreams but I never seem able to wake myself up :(

Groenewolf
07-21-2009, 05:02 AM
This dream was last night. Was somewhere in a city harbour or something. At least it was in a city. There was talk about a sunken tower in the water. And there where two docks.

A beautiful girl took me across one of those docks. At the end of the these docks I had a weird feeling and said lets go backs. Wich we did. But something happend to her and she was dragged (?) into the water.

Then I went in to some kind of conspiracy bookstore and was treatend by someone, or informend. Do not remember clearly now. But somehow latter I dived in the water heavly armed. And came across some kind of underwater ufo and went inside it. And used those weapons on the crew. But can not remember what they looked like.

P.S. also woke up with the feeling it was friday.

Tabiti
07-21-2009, 05:56 AM
Yesterday dreamed that cigarettes are on double price. Wasn't a nightmare, because I'm non smoker;)

Óttar
07-27-2009, 03:51 AM
I have one to take the cake!

I dreamt there was a hospital room with men performing an autopsy on a dead man's body. He had a gigantic scrotum and they cut it off, and then, they filled his body with embalming fluid, so much so that he swelled up, got extremely bloated, and exploded! puke

f*****ng nightmare!

Lady L
07-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Yes, last night I dreamed I had went into another country, I was to give Absinthe some special jug of liquid which was to remind her of her mother :confused: I was pouring it out on to a tray and I was telling her I really got a vibe from it. :confused: But it was like I was not welcome there and whenever cars would drive by I was to hide. And, wouldn't you know here comes a car and I go to hide under another car- it was dark but their lights caught me and they saw me, so they stopped. I started to run off and began hearing gun shots and I thought seriously Oh god I'm fixing to die. I made it away though and went into some shop asking 3 decent locals how could I survive here and how could I get home...? They gave me advise and I left. The only other part I remember is having somewhat of a motel room and others telling me to hide my blankets because if the natives saw me with blankets it would make them mad. It was a place with a warm climate so they looked down on people who got cold. :confused:

I think I have watched to many locked up abroad's ;)

:confused:

Graham
07-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Had a dream that I was at work, then I woke up and had to go to work. Nightmare

Barreldriver
07-27-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if "strange dreams" bear any significance in reality, meaning daily life.

Each odd dream I have seems to indicate some significant event in my life, or so that's the trend that has happened so far, most events that happen within the next few days to a week after the dream, and lately they have been quite depressing.

One of them hinted at the event of me losing my job, the feeling from the dream continuing into my daily routine, at work, at home, relaxing, etc... I had this sense of ill boding in regards to my financial status and occupational status.

I'm also having re-occuring dreams with particular events, persons, or objects making an appearance of some sort. Most of which are again depressing or not pleasant in regards to myself.

I've also been having dreams about events that took place in my childhood, things that I had pushed back and hoped to forget about. The latter wish seems to not have come true since the memory still exists via my dreams.

Osweo
07-27-2009, 07:24 PM
I've also been having dreams about events that took place in my childhood, things that I had pushed back and hoped to forget about.
Oh, I always dream about that. People I haven't seen for twenty years or more. They must just have imprinted on my memory when it was at its most impressionable, I suppose.

Here's an odd one from this morning;
It started in the kitchen of a self-catering holiday cottage, where the owners had left a bookshelf full of folklore and fairytales, botany and topography. (Heaven for me! :P) I found it all a bit disorganised and sorted it out. Then I was walking down a country lane, perhaps in Dorset, as one of three literaturavedi. I don't know the English that fits that perfectly - afficionados of literature? Literature-scholars?
Anyway, they were walking along, in Nineteenth Century dress, discussing Thomas Hardy (who I haven't read for years and years). One of them, a youngish man with curly fairish hair in a very smaart brown suit, then wondered if it wouldn't be more 'useful' of them, to the nation, and to English literature, to seek out the 'next Hardy' or the like. They mused on how this would be done, and supposed that publishers are in the best position to spot such 'rising stars'. However, they resolved on setting up a bookshop, and then I was 'spirited away' and forward in time, into this bookshop. There was a great waterlogged hole in the cellar, rectilinear in shape, full of black mud. We had to drain it, (reminding me of the well they excavated at Brading Roman Villa on the Isle of Wight), and hoped to find something of interest. Great big pieces of cast iron were found, as though part of some furnace or kitchen range. I don't remember what was next, but I was in front of just such a range, in full working order, in the nearby house of some local humble fisherman. That's all I remember, but there was more. I awoke with the sense of having witnessed something truly profound. I often have that feeling, but am little able to justify it with the memories that survive...

Óttar
07-27-2009, 07:55 PM
literaturavedi. I don't know the English that fits that perfectly - afficionados of literature? Literature-scholars?

Belle-letree' ? Men of letters ? :p

sturmwalkure
07-28-2009, 02:11 AM
I get so many strange dreams, next time I'm going to try and write one down while it's fresh in my mind.

Barreldriver
07-28-2009, 02:15 AM
I get so many strange dreams, next time I'm going to try and write one down while it's fresh in my mind.

I'm scared to do that lol. Somethings happen in my dreams that I'd rather not. lol

Gooding
07-28-2009, 02:16 AM
I had a wierd dream that involved my prostrating to Allah and praying to St. Celestina. This is not a joke. This is not meant to piss anyone off. Could anyone please tell me what the possible meaning of this might be? Who the hell was St. Celestina?:confused::confused: I've been pondering monotheism lately, but my wife has forbidden me the Christian kind and the Jewish kind takes too long. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me..

Osweo
07-28-2009, 06:57 PM
I've been pondering monotheism lately, but my wife has forbidden me the Christian kind and the Jewish kind takes too long. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me..
Christ, man, the division into parochial little 'kinds' is the leakiest part of popular monotheism, from a logical point of view! Why not have your OWN kind?

Or if you insist on 'revelation', what about Lord Frith? - Always made far more sense to me than the Jesus stuff.