PDA

View Full Version : Classify Bruno Mars.

Sikeliot
04-07-2012, 02:55 AM
Obviously non-European but what components do you see? What would you guess him to be?

To me he looks like some mixture of Polynesian or SE Asian, and black.

http://cdn.idolator.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/bruno-mars-promo.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WInqx59YacY/Tvxc8qV99sI/AAAAAAAAEoA/1Smco01rfew/s1600/Bruno-Mars-Pictures-Latest-5.jpg

ChocolateFace
04-09-2012, 05:30 AM
he looks atleast part indian

Iroczor
04-09-2012, 05:40 AM
He's a Filipino rican?

CelticViking
04-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Peter Gene Hernandez is Filipino & Puerto Rican.

Filipino are mixed with Micronesian and Malanesians.
Some have European blood too.

He looks Filipino.

Sikeliot
04-09-2012, 06:51 AM
I see the Filipino and I see some black admixture.. but not much Caucasoid.

CelticViking
04-09-2012, 06:54 AM
I see the Filipino and I see some black admixture.. but not much Caucasoid.

Micronesians are connected to the other Asians
and Malanesians is connected to the Abo.

Heather Duval
07-04-2017, 12:53 PM
I used to think he is black but not surprised, some Filipinos can looks like niggas and because he is Puerto rican surely has SSA
http://www.rap-up.com/app/uploads/2014/12/bruno-mars.jpg

ariel
07-04-2017, 12:58 PM
He quarter jewish....

Selurong
07-04-2017, 01:00 PM
I used to think he is black but not surprised, some Filipinos can looks like niggas and because he is Puerto rican surely has SSA

Some Filipinos have legit Black ancestry, since in the past, the Spanish recruited, and complained about Black soldiers being sent to settle the Philippines.

Letter from Fajardo to Felipe III From Manila, August 15 1620.(From the Spanish Archives of the Indies):

"The infantry does not amount to two hundred men, in three companies. If these men were that number, and Spaniards, it would not be so bad; but, although I have not seen them, because they have not yet arrived here, I am told that they are, as at other times, for the most part boys, mestizos, and mulattoes, with some Indians (Native Americans). There is no little cause for regret in the great sums that reënforcements of such men waste for, and cost, your Majesty. I cannot see what betterment there will be until your Majesty shall provide it, since I do not think, that more can be done in Nueva Spaņa, although the viceroy must be endeavoring to do so, as he is ordered."

Tukhara
07-04-2017, 01:12 PM
I have no clue how I would classify him but I'd guess him as Pacific Islander.

Odin
07-04-2017, 11:02 PM
Triracial.

Heather Duval
07-04-2017, 11:17 PM
Some Filipinos have legit Black ancestry, since in the past, the Spanish recruited, and complained about Black soldiers being sent to settle the Philippines.

Letter from Fajardo to Felipe III From Manila, August 15 1620.(From the Spanish Archives of the Indies):

"The infantry does not amount to two hundred men, in three companies. If these men were that number, and Spaniards, it would not be so bad; but, although I have not seen them, because they have not yet arrived here, I am told that they are, as at other times, for the most part boys, mestizos, and mulattoes, with some Indians (Native Americans). There is no little cause for regret in the great sums that reënforcements of such men waste for, and cost, your Majesty. I cannot see what betterment there will be until your Majesty shall provide it, since I do not think, that more can be done in Nueva Spaņa, although the viceroy must be endeavoring to do so, as he is ordered."

filiniggas

Bobby Martnen
03-12-2018, 09:42 PM
His Philippine mother is 1/8 Spanish, and his Puerto Rican dad is 1/2 Ashkenazi.

Mixdguy17
05-24-2021, 09:42 PM
His dad looks purely Caucasian if u ask me, but Bruno ended up expressing mostly his fillipino side in his phenotype, he can pass as fully fillipino if u ask me.

One of the best fucking artist to ever exist.

https://youtu.be/eT-3Dl2PMLM

South Mongoloid + Med.

butterburger
05-24-2021, 10:01 PM
To me he looks either Samoan, or Tongan

Daven
05-25-2021, 07:59 AM
His Philippine mother is 1/8 Spanish, and his Puerto Rican dad is 1/2 Ashkenazi.

No. His dad is an American of Puerto Rican and Jewish descent (born and raised in New York). That would make Bruno 50% Filipino, 25% Puerto Rican and 25% Jewish. I never understood why people ignore his Jewish side.

Daven
05-25-2021, 08:07 AM
His dad looks purely Caucasian if u ask me, but Bruno ended up expressing mostly his fillipino side in his phenotype, he can pass as fully fillipino if u ask me.

One of the best fucking artist to ever exist.

https://youtu.be/eT-3Dl2PMLM

South Mongoloid + Med.

He's a culture vulture. Like a tribute singer that pays homenage to passed music eras. Steals the sound from earlier known black musicians and present it to the new generations as if he was the genius or the creator. All artists get their inspiration from other sources but in his case is extreme and I mean straight up copy. You're probably too young to understand. I don't blame the African Americans for being pissed. This Pacific islander pretending to be a light skinned black. I even seen Latino articles labeling him as Afrolatino LMAO. I suspect that's the reason why his label sells him as half Puerto Rican when he's not. USA Ricans are heavily into black culture. It's all for the convenience and to what appeals the most. I only liked him early in his career when he was doing pop.

LorenzoSpitaleri
05-25-2021, 01:06 PM

Looks pseudo-Gracile Indid here. Perhaps Gracile Med + Deutero Malayid? I don't see anything directly negroid, but by being 1/4 Rican he surely would have something in there which might have altered complexion and hair type only very slightly. And even then the hair could be just jewfro, or at the extreme range of Mediterranean. Probably a convergence of genes.

Some better images:
https://i.imgur.com/A3ioGFw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/U7I2ZQK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7B2Qg6Z.jpg
Seems chamaecranic, mesocephalic I assume? Mild prognathism is likely a filipino trait in this case. Seems to have a mild brow ridge aswell.

He has a much ligther-skinned brother called Eric and I fail to see anything negroid in the guy, but an even stronger Mongoloid influence. Their mother looked fully South Mongoloid. Father didn't look black either but could be a hidden gene perhaps.

Alexandro
05-25-2021, 02:28 PM
Muttoid.

What the future human race will look like.

Mixdguy17
05-25-2021, 04:31 PM
He's a culture vulture. Like a tribute singer that pays homenage to passed music eras. Steals the sound from earlier known black musicians and present it to the new generations as if he was the genius or the creator. All artists get their inspiration from other sources but in his case is extreme and I mean straight up copy. You're probably too young to understand. I don't blame the African Americans for being pissed. This Pacific islander pretending to be a light skinned black. I even seen Latino articles labeling him as Afrolatino LMAO. I suspect that's the reason why his label sells him as half Puerto Rican when he's not. USA Ricans are heavily into black culture. It's all for the convenience and to what appeals the most. I only liked him early in his career when he was doing pop.

Oh come on dude, stop with that culture vulture crap, its so fucking annoying, post malone was getting the same shit, if u are born talented for a certain kind of music u should do it, no one should be allowed or not allowed to do music bcs of their race, that's discrimination on itself, imagine all the stars, talents and songs we would miss if that would happen. He is INCREDIBLE doing R&B and he shouldn't be doing anything else. I would go as far as calling him the MJ of our generation, such a complete and talented artist. Even Chombo said so.

P.S Also stop with the age stuff, its very annoying, I am 22 years old! everyone refers to my age as if I was 14, and just came out of the womb.

Daven
05-25-2021, 09:59 PM
Oh come on dude, stop with that culture vulture crap, its so fucking annoying, post malone was getting the same shit, if u are born talented for a certain kind of music u should do it, no one should be allowed or not allowed to do music bcs of their race, that's discrimination on itself, imagine all the stars, talents and songs we would miss if that would happen. He is INCREDIBLE doing R&B and he shouldn't be doing anything else. I would go as far as calling him the MJ of our generation, such a complete and talented artist. Even Chombo said so.

P.S Also stop with the age stuff, its very annoying, I am 22 years old! everyone refers to my age as if I was 14, and just came out of the womb.

I never saw you this angry before LMAO. Chill out.
Yes, I know he is talented but still not original. He's stealing from black musicians and that is fact. A nadie le gusta la apropiacion cultural. He doesn't create shit nor add anything new neither. All he does is to recreate what others did in the past with black singers in the back to pass himself as African American. Bruno seems like one of those singers that put their voices to tribute famous artists. Like those you see in Universal studios and Las Vegas.

Ps. Michael Jackson???? Do you an idea of how big was Michael in life??? MJ was a global MEGA STAR known in India, Africa, Latin America, Asia, etc, etc, etc. at a time we didn't even have TV cable (let alone internet lmao!) known all over and in all social classes. I was a little kid leaving in campo rural-like Moca sin cable en mi casa (it was the 1988-1989) and I knew exactly who he was. Everyone in my neighborhood and school too. He was like the coolest thing along younger Madonna. MJ had toys, movies, cartoons, etc. inspired in him. He was a global pop icon. Bruno who??? It has to be a joke for godsake.

Daven
05-25-2021, 10:25 PM
Looks pseudo-Gracile Indid here. Perhaps Gracile Med + Deutero Malayid? I don't see anything directly negroid, but by being 1/4 Rican he surely would have something in there which might have altered complexion and hair type only very slightly. And even then the hair could be just jewfro, or at the extreme range of Mediterranean. Probably a convergence of genes.

Some better images:
https://i.imgur.com/A3ioGFw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/U7I2ZQK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7B2Qg6Z.jpg
Seems chamaecranic, mesocephalic I assume? Mild prognathism is likely a filipino trait in this case. Seems to have a mild brow ridge aswell.

He has a much ligther-skinned brother called Eric and I fail to see anything negroid in the guy, but an even stronger Mongoloid influence. Their mother looked fully South Mongoloid. Father didn't look black either but could be a hidden gene perhaps.

For him to look SSA influence his Puerto Rican grandfather will need to be a griffe or a pred. SSA Latino. 12% SSA will not reflect like that (in case the latter was a mulatto) let alone 8%, 6%, etc. in case the abuelo was a terceron or quadroon.

Either way it looks like his quarter Puerto Rican was pred. euro because his dad looks exactly like a hybrid between a Jewish and a whitish Rican (I will call it jewishized Rican, lol). So even if his boricua 1/4 was quadroonish Bruno would come most likely come out as around 6% SSA (which is basically what many mestizos in Latin American are). Likely that he is no more than 6% negroid.

Mixdguy17
05-25-2021, 10:33 PM
I never saw you this angry before LMAO. Chill out.
Yes, I know he is talented but still not original. He's stealing from black musicians and that is fact. A nadie le gusta la apropiacion cultural. He doesn't create shit nor add anything new neither. All he does is to recreate what others did in the past with black singers in the back to pass himself as African American. Bruno seems like one of those singers that put their voices to tribute famous artists. Like those you see in Universal studios and Las Vegas.

Ps. Michael Jackson???? Do you an idea of how big was Michael in life??? MJ was a global MEGA STAR known in India, Africa, Latin America, Asia, etc, etc, etc. at a time we didn't even have TV cable (let alone internet lmao!) known all over and in all social classes. I was a little kid leaving in campo rural-like Moca sin cable en mi casa (it was the 1988-1989) and I knew exactly who he was. Everyone in my neighborhood and school too. He was like the coolest thing alone younger Madonna. MJ had toys, movies, cartoons, etc. made of him. He was a glob pop icon. Bruno who??? It has to be a joke for godsake.

Music is universal and does not belong to anyone, if u have talent to do a certain type of music, u should do it, no one should deny u it for something so stupid like race, anyone can do any ype of music they are good at. He is not stealing from anyone, culture appropriation is the dumbest term ever, I saw a video of a black girl going on off on a white guy for having cornrows, its so dumb, since when in honoring and being interested in other cultures or types of music stealing?. So are we supposed to stay in our cultural bubble and not interact with others? If i decide to do music I can only do reggaeton and latin music bcs if not I am stealing? It's ridiculous.

Ofcs he is taking stuff from other singers, it's called inspiration, and everyone does it, but he adds his own essence which make sit unique, u cannot create new stuff, everything is created, u can only take stuff that's already there and add upon it, thats innovation, people think that being innovative is creating stuff that didn't exist, but thats further from the truth, everything there is already exist, materially, executed, or conceptually, every singer that has innovated has done what Bruno is doing.

Yes, Ik who MJ is. Who doesn't?. He is probably the best artist to have ever existed. Bruno can be the new one of the new generation, one of the most complete and talented artist to be alive.

I was annoyed, not mad, maybe the exclamation marks gave the wrong idea, but I wasn't pissed off, the age thing it's just what annoyed me, everyone in this forum puts me down bcs of my age as if somehow I am a teenager or a little kid, and its really annoying.

Whatch this video

https://youtu.be/1G5htN_eFUU

Daven
05-25-2021, 10:40 PM
Music is universal and does not belong to anyone, if u have talent to do a certain type of music, u should do it, no one should deny u it for something so stupid like race, anyone can do any ype of music they are good at. He is not stealing from anyone, culture appropriation is the dumbest term ever, I saw a video of a black girl going on off on a white guy for having cornrows, its so dumb, since when in honoring and being interested in other cultures or types of music stealing?. So are we supposed to stay in our cultural bubble and not interact with others? If i decide to do music I can only do reggaeton and latin music bcs if not I am stealing? It's ridiculous.

Ofcs he is taking stuff from other singers, it's called inspiration, and everyone does it, but he adds his own essence which make sit unique, u cannot create new stuff, everything is creating, u can only take stuff that's already there and add upon it, thats innovation, people think that being innovative is creating stuff that didn't exist, but thats further from the truth, everything there is already exist, materially, executed, or conceptually, every singer that has innovated has done what Bruno is doing.

Yes, Ik who MJ, who doesn't?. He is probably the best artist to ever exist. Bruno can be the new one of the new generation, one of the most complete and talented artist to be alive.

I was annoyed, not mad, maybe the exclamation marks gave the wrong idea, but I wasn't pissed off, the age thing it's just what annoyed me, everyone in this forum puts me down bcs of my age as I somehow am a teenager or a little kid, and its really annoying.

Whatch this video

https://youtu.be/1G5htN_eFUU

You need to understand that Bruno is passing himself as a light skinned Afro-descendant. It's the impression many whites have about him. Many even swear his Puerto Rican side was Afrolatino. Go figure.
Honestly. This dummy Mars pretending he grew up in the black culture when the dude is from Hawaii raised around Pacific islanders. That's culture vulture. When you paint yourself as part of a group you don't belong to and on top still from them for convenience. At least Jennifer Lopez was from the Bronx and whoever is from there is around blacks all over. Bronx culture is black culture to a massive extent. Why he doesn't embrace his Filipino side as much? There you go.

Mixdguy17
05-25-2021, 10:47 PM
You need to understand that Bruno is passing himself as a light skinned Afro-descendant. It's the impression many whites have about him. Many even swear his Puerto Rican side was Afrolatino. Go figure. This dummy pretending he grew up in the black culture when the dude is from Hawaii raised around Pacific islanders. That's culture vulture. At least Jennifer Lopez was from the Bronx and whoever is from there is around blacks all over. Bronx culture is black culture to a massive extent. Why he doesn't embrace his Filipino side as much? I'm sure is for convenience.

Where is there videos of him claiming he is black, or that he isn't philippino or Latino? I want to see that, if u show me a video of him claiming that I will admit I am wrong, but if this is all from what u get from him or your interpretation of just his face or look, then I wont let that slide, bcs it's ridiculous, it just reminds me of those people that hate on an artist bcs they think they are asssholes or engreidos, without giving a single proof, just bcs they "know so", or "get that feeling from him", I like u Daven, u are one of my fav members but that's just a conduct that gets so much on my nerves. His ambiguous look is not his fault, I dont think its fair to call someone out for doing something wrong, when it not even in their control and specially when they aren't even doing anything. The guy is extremely talented, and it just so happens that he has a talent that lends itself to Rhythm and blues.

Mixdguy17
05-25-2021, 10:51 PM
You need to understand that Bruno is passing himself as a light skinned Afro-descendant. It's the impression many whites have about him. Many even swear his Puerto Rican side was Afrolatino. Go figure. This dummy pretending he grew up in the black culture when the dude is from Hawaii raised around Pacific islanders. That's culture vulture. At least Jennifer Lopez was from the Bronx and whoever is from there is around blacks all over. Bronx culture is black culture to a massive extent. Why he doesn't embrace his Filipino side as much? I'm sure is for convenience.

Where is there videos of him claiming he is black, or that he isn't philippino or Latino? I want to see that, if u show me a video of him claiming that I will admit I am wrong, but if this is all from what u get from him or your interpretation of just his face or look, then I wont let that slide, bcs it's ridiculous, it just reminds me of those people that hate on an artist bcs they think they are asssholes or engreidos, without giving a single proof, just bcs they "know so", or "get that feeling from him", I like u Daven, u are one of my fav members but that's just a conduct that gets so much on my nerves. His ambiguous look is not his fault, I dont think its fair to call someone out for doing something wrong, when it not even in their control and specially when they aren't even doing anything. The guy is extremely talented, and it just so happens that he has a talent that lends itself to Rhythm and blues.

Is this guy also a culture vulture? Its such a dumb term, completely misused by now as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLTKLapmM0Q&ab_channel=CarlMaloneMontecidoCarlMaloneMontecido

Daven
05-25-2021, 10:55 PM

I just don't like culture vulture and his is one. He's not an original singer neither. Many people dislike him because of that. I'm old enough to know better (this doesn't have to do anything with your age but just saying).

Daven
05-25-2021, 10:58 PM
1:01 I'm black.. I'm absolutely black. This girl is a Miami Cuban btw. LMAO.

https://youtu.be/haL4tiGheB0

Mixdguy17
05-25-2021, 10:59 PM
I just don't like culture vulture and his is one. He's not an original singer neither. Many people dislike him because of that. I'm old enough to know better (this doesn't have to do anything with your age but just saying).

He is not a culture vulture and he is extremely talented. How is he not an original singer? Does he not make his own songs? If u dont like him that's fine, but to deny his talent out of spite is dumb.

Mixdguy17
05-25-2021, 11:01 PM
1:01 I'm black.. I'm absolutely black. This girl is a Miami Cuban btw. LMAO.

https://youtu.be/haL4tiGheB0

People like that have image and insecurity problems, however ive never observed this conduct on Bruno.

Daven
05-25-2021, 11:04 PM
He is not a culture vulture.

Yes he is.

Andullero
05-25-2021, 11:05 PM
Yes, Ik who MJ is. Who doesn't?. He is probably the best artist to have ever existed. Bruno can be the new one of the new generation, one of the most complete and talented artist to be alive.

Sorry bro, but no, just no. Just like there was one MJ in basketball (despite what the Lebronsters say), there can only be one MJ in music. And Mars have enough years on him for us to know that he has almost reached his ceiling, so to speak.

Mixdguy17
05-25-2021, 11:06 PM
Sorry bro, but no, just no. Just like there was one MJ in basketball (despite what the Lebronsters say), there can only be one MJ in music. And Mars have enough years on him for us to know that he has almost reached his ceiling, so to speak.

I disagree vastly bro

Mixdguy17
05-25-2021, 11:06 PM
Yes he is.

ok Daven, thats fine, think as u wish

Daven
05-25-2021, 11:12 PM
Mixguy you have to be kidding. Michael Jackson was insanely massive. You probably have no idea because are only 22. When you were born he was in decay because of his scandals but even with that he was still a MEGA superstar globally speaking and loved all over. Now you are tripping and I just can't, I just can't. Don't do that, stop it.

Andullero
05-25-2021, 11:13 PM
Mixguy you are wrong. Michael Jackson was insanely big. You probably have no idea because are only 22. When you were born he was in decay because of his scandals but even with that he was still a MEGA superstar globally speaking. Now you are tripping and I just can't, I just can't. Don't do that, stop it.

And that was WITHOUT internet. Imagine how far he would have gone if he would have had that crutch.

LorenzoSpitaleri
05-25-2021, 11:15 PM
For him to look SSA influence his Puerto Rican grandfather will need to be a griffe or a pred. SSA Latino. 12% SSA will not reflect like that (in case the latter was a mulatto) let alone 8%, 6%, etc. in case the abuelo was a terceron or quadroon.

Either way it looks like his quarter Puerto Rican was pred. euro because his dad looks exactly like a hybrid between a Jewish and a whitish Rican (I will call it jewishized Rican, lol). So even if his boricua 1/4 was quadroonish Bruno would come most likely come out as around 6% SSA (which is basically what many mestizos in Latin American are). Likely that he is no more than 6% negroid.

That's why I said "convergence of genes". If he has anything negro it would explain his tight curls (not afro), and his general swarthyness, but this could be just for the extreme range of mediterranean/assyroid and south mongoloid respectively (S. Mongoloids are usually darker). Also the chance of him having distant Negrito ancestry which is even more unlikely than the SSA, but could happen surely.

Tutankhamun
05-25-2021, 11:19 PM
I disagree vastly bro

What are you talking about Friend? Michael Jackson could be human trash, but as a singer without a doubt he was one of the greatest of all time.

Daven
05-25-2021, 11:20 PM
And that was WITHOUT internet. Imagine how far he would have gone if he would have had that crutch.

No bro, it was actually WITHOUT TV CABLE lmaoooo.

Most Latin American didn't have it back then, We first got TV cable at home like in early 1991 (maybe late 1990) and it was because papi brought one of those tv club boxes from the USA (was that the name?). There was no service in Moca yet. Parabolas existed but I'm not sure why we never had one. I think it was because of the way the house was built.

EDIT: It's not a secret that all this stream and digital era crap overblows people's records in sales. Back in the 1980s and 1990s you actually had to sell albums and be #1 in the radio to be at the top. There was also A LOT of competition (in the 80s especially).

Andullero
05-25-2021, 11:23 PM
No dude, WITHOUT actuall TV CABLE lmaoooo

We first got TV cable at home like in early 1991 (maybe late 1990) and papi had to buy one of the tv club boxes (was that the name?) because there was no service in Moca yet. Parabolas exists but I'm not sure why we never had one. I think it was because of the way the house was built.

Over here in the capi, only the DN had cable TV. All of us that lived on the other side of the bridge were out in the dark, literally. As for parabolas, it used to be only a thing of the affluent, and only with time it was that the price of affording it began to level off.

Mixdguy17
05-25-2021, 11:23 PM
What are you talking about Friend? Michael Jackson could be human trash, but as a singer without a doubt he was one of the greatest of all time.

I disagree on what he said about Bruno, about MJ i agree every single bit, I would say MJ is the best artist to have ever lived.

Daven
05-25-2021, 11:38 PM
Bruno is more comparable to Prince in terms of dominating. The thing is that Prince was considered a king of pop at some point. He was also original in terms of producing music. Wasn't stealing from anyone nor tried to recreate other people's hits. It was a different era too. He even made movies. Prince was never global like Michael or Madonna though. But God, I can't believe he wasn't gay. The dude was so effeminate.