PDA

View Full Version : Greek newscaster attacked on-air by eggs and yogurt

Vojnik
04-09-2012, 06:24 AM
A Greek news show host may want to hold off on dairy for a while after protesters blasted him with eggs and yogurt during an on-air studio interview Friday evening.

The 17 angry activists-with their faces covered by handkerchiefs -broke into the Epiros TV1 newsroom with a message for anchor Panagiotis Vourhas: Keep neo-Nazis off your show, Epiros TV1 said according multiple sources.

A video clip of the surprise attack shows Vourhas' guest rushing off the set as soon as the first wave of attack was launched.

But the newscaster keeps his cool and nonchalantly wipes the yogurt and egg off of him and his laptop.

The attack came in response to an interview Vourhas conducted the previous week with a member of the Chrysi Avgi party.

Chrysi Avgi -- or the Golden Dawn party -- is a far-right leaning political party that is openly neo-Nazi and anti-immigrant.

Members of the Golden Dawn party are believed to be behind attacks on immigrants and nationals with a foreign appearance, AFP reports.

An estimated one million illegal immigrants live in Greece. The Mediterranean nation is planning to set up 30 detention centers to house illegal immigrants, and the first is set to open in a few weeks.

The controversial centers could cost Greece hundreds of millions of dollars in EU funding, according to the Greece news agency 24 Chasa.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/greek-newscaster-attacked-on-air-eggs-yugurt-article-1.1058295?localLinksEnabled=false#commentpostform

O1Jl-ud2KFU

Members of the Golden Dawn party are believed to be behind attacks on immigrants and nationals with a foreign appearance, AFP reports

So members of this far right political party even attack there own kind?

Leader of Chrysi Avgi, Ultra nationalist party. :D

http://i44.tinypic.com/2rhb9zp.jpg

Γέλως
04-09-2012, 07:03 AM
You didn't get it. This journalist was attacked by antifas for taking a 3-minute interview (via the telephone) on-air, with a member of Golden Dawn.

Anyway, Golden Dawn is going to be on the next parliament and these antifas can't do anything about it.

Vojnik
04-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Anyway, Golden Dawn is going to be on the next parliament and these antifas can't do anything about it.

Oh really, I heard that Chrysi Avgi barely received 5% of votes in the last election, correct me if i'm wrong.

rashka
04-09-2012, 07:11 AM
I am trying to understand on whose side these protesters-yoghurt throwers, were and who exactly were these protesters?

Γέλως
04-09-2012, 07:14 AM
Oh really, I heard that Chrysi Avgi barely received 5% of votes in the last election, correct me if i'm wrong.At the last national elections, they didn't even receive 1% of the votes. However they received 5,3% in Athens, at the municipal elections. I believe they are going to receive more than 5% at the next national elections (said to be done in a month or two).

Vojnik
04-09-2012, 07:17 AM
At the last national elections, they didn't even receive 1% of the votes. However they received 5,3% in Athens, at the municipal elections. I believe they are going to receive more than 5% at the next national elections (said to be done in a month or two).

Is that enough to guarantee them a seat in parliament?

Vojnik
04-09-2012, 07:19 AM
I am trying to understand on whose side these protesters-yoghurt throwers, were and who exactly were these protesters?

They were protesting against the show which allowed Ultra nationalist members to speak.

Γέλως
04-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Is that enough to guarantee them a seat in parliament?
Yes, the limit is 3%. 5% means the they can elect 15 or so parliamentarians.

rashka
04-09-2012, 07:29 AM
They were protesting against the show which allowed Ultra nationalist members to speak.

What is wrong with being patriotic?

Vojnik
04-09-2012, 07:40 AM
What is wrong with being patriotic?

The problem is that these people are attacking there own people for looking foreign in appearance. Is that what you call "patriotic"?

Γέλως
04-09-2012, 07:42 AM
The problem is that these people are attacking there own people for looking foreign in appearance. Is that what you call "patriotic"?What? Where?

Vojnik
04-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Members of the Golden Dawn party are believed to be behind attacks on immigrants and nationals with a foreign appearance, AFP reports

rashka
04-09-2012, 07:48 AM
The problem is that these people are attacking there own people for looking foreign in appearance. Is that what you call "patriotic"?

I wasn't talking about the act of throwing eggs. I was talking about the fact that there is an ultra nationalist group that wants to be heard and that is what radio and tv is for.