PDA

View Full Version : Your views on Norwegian-style political youth camps?

The Journeyman
04-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Do you think children should be encouraged to join political youth camps for a certain party ideology? I think I must have changed my political views at least 4 times since I was 13 years old and can't imagine having a mature grasp of politics and world affairs in my early to mid teenage years. The brain keeps developing well into your mid-twenties, after all.I think it's irresponsible for this reason for adults to be pushing their ideology on people who are not truly developed.

Apparently I keep hearing and reading that these organisations don't indoctrinate these youths, but allow them open debate etc. This seems like a bit of a stretch as I've seen and read about the one-sided activism, I'm sure there aren't very mixed crowds in these camps for proper debate.

The Journeyman
04-18-2012, 05:43 PM
How does one's political youth camp gain more followers anyhow? Apparently the Labor Party's camp is the most popular.

Hevneren
04-18-2012, 05:43 PM
You seem obsessed. :rolleyes:

Vasconcelos
04-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Unless anyone posting actually knows how these "summer caps" work, any opinion is worth only slightly more than a turd.

The Journeyman
04-18-2012, 05:51 PM
It was actually a question I asked in my initial post of the day, and now I'm expanding on it. Care to add anything useful?

Vasconcelos
04-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Yes I would...it's in the wrong section. Since it concearns Norway alone it should be on their section of the forum, not "European Culture".

The Journeyman
04-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Unless anyone posting actually knows how these "summer caps" work, any opinion is worth only slightly more than a turd.

I agree. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. ;)