PDA

View Full Version : Your Phenotype Inheritance

Ánleifr
04-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Just curious if most people inherit their phenotype from their paternal or maternal line or if it is just a random 50/50 shot? Please vote where you received your predominate phenotype.

Mortimer
04-19-2012, 03:36 PM
everyone tells me my mum

Queen B
04-19-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't know.
I have my mom's head shape, and eye-and-above area, and my dad's lips and nose.
My colors are from both of my granpfathers.

Vasconcelos
04-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Interesting thread. :thumb001:

I'm usually classified as being Atlantid to Atlandomed with slight hits of CM eventho not many people refer it, however my parents are:

Mother - "Gracilmediterranid/Mediterranid/intermediate between atlanto-gracil with a slight influence from Alpinid imo" (by Agrippa). She's got very pinkish skin.
Father - Basically Mediterranid with CM (Berid) which was enhanced by age.

Both are short..actually most of my family is under 1,70m, with some females (my mother included) being clearly under 1,60m.
I'm 1,74m, only ancestors who were this "tall" were my maternal Grandfather and her wife's father..my maternal grandmother says they were "tall like me" (she's ~1,53 so you get why she says "tall").

I don't really look very similar to either of them, but to one of my maternal uncles, despite being nearly 10cm taller. Guess I look most out of my mother's side of the family.

Ánleifr
04-19-2012, 03:46 PM
I think it's crazy how phenotypes seem to randomly come out. You can have a son who inherits his phenotype from his mother who turns around and gives it to his son and his daughter could have received his wife's phenotype and his sister could have received their fathers phenotype....but phenotype really is so important, it is what gives us our looks!

Corvus
04-19-2012, 03:47 PM
I think dominantly from my father. My mother is much fairer.
But we all know theses genes are recessive.

Ánleifr
04-19-2012, 03:53 PM
I think dominantly from my father. My mother is much fairer.
But we all know theses genes are recessive.

Interesting.....I didn't know that phenotype was recessive. So with recessive genes "two copies of the gene (need to be present, one from the mother and one from the father) for the trait to be expressed". So if your Atlantid that means that you received that gene from both parents even if one or both of them is not Atlantid, correct?

Corvus
04-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Interesting.....I didn't know that phenotype was recessive. So with recessive genes "two copies of the gene (need to be present, one from the mother and one from the father) for the trait to be expressed". So if your Atlantid that means that you received that gene from both parents even if one or both of them is not Atlantid, correct?

Well I am not an expert on this.

The term "recessive gene" is part of the laws of Mendelian inheritance created by Gregor Mendel. Examples of recessive genes in Mendel's famous pea plant experiments include those that determine the color and shape of seed pods, and plant height.

Let`s keep it simple. If your father is blackhaired and your mother blonde
the propability that your children are also darker is higher, because the blonde traits are recessive according to Mendel`s rules.
That fits in my case, but my sister for example is also much lighter than me.

Pallantides
04-19-2012, 04:00 PM
I think I'm more simillar to my mother

Arne
04-19-2012, 04:03 PM
I have the pale skin and the lips of my Mom
More the Nose of my Dad.
But my physical Characteristics could be more obtained by my maternal grandma.
She was very aurignacid and longheaded, but darker (more celtic i guess)
My height comes from my Maternal side aswell.
They had some huge People on their Line with height of 190 cm.

Lithium
04-19-2012, 05:48 PM
I look mostly as my maternal grandfather and my mother, they are redheads though. I have my pigmentation and height from my father and my paternal grandmother.

rhiannon
04-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Definitely my father....who got most of his from his mother. I look a lot like his mother....she was a 50/50 German/Irish mix.

Leliana
04-19-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm like a 70% mix of my mum and 30% of my dad. My mother goes after my grandfather. :)

Ánleifr
04-19-2012, 08:48 PM
wow! according to the poll phenotype is all over the place lol

Geronimo
04-19-2012, 09:06 PM
I look very much like my father (CM) but I inherited the height from my mothers family (aurignacians - dinarids and north-pontids). My father looks like his father while my mother is a copy of her father. Pigmentation wise we're all the same - dark-haired with blue eyes and pale skin.

SilverKnight
04-19-2012, 09:08 PM
I got the looks from both but more from my mother and she got her atlantid looks from her father..

StonyArabia
04-19-2012, 09:18 PM
My maternal lineage for the most part.

brunette
04-19-2012, 09:22 PM
Alpine Med Pontid + CM.

The master race, Gods chosen and nothing but. :D

Geminus
04-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Quite a mixture. My father is rather Keltic-Nordic + some CM and my mother Nordid + Chromagno-Alpinid. I'm mostly Nordid + CM with slight Dinarid ;)

Piparskeggr
04-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Skipped three, my direct paternal great grandfather Lewis Robinson to me...

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=147&pictureid=4027

This picture was taken of him in 1911 for his 20th wedding anniversary, he was 39. I was 21 and had this picture made for my paternal grandparents after my gramma mentioned how much I looked like my g grandfather.

brunette
04-19-2012, 09:38 PM
And obviously most of it is from my Mother. My height though came from my Father.

Tarja
04-21-2012, 12:40 AM
Feature-wise I think I'm quite an equal mash of both parents, but overall look more like my Mother. However, neither have been classified so I couldn't say from whom I inherited my phenotype. I have my Father's colouring, anyway. :) My Mother was a green-eyed brunette.

Rødskjegg
04-21-2012, 01:38 AM
Almost every male on my paternal side resemble me and my father.

Caismeachd
04-21-2012, 03:24 AM
Mine skipped over and I don't look like either of my parents but more a mixture of my grandparents on either side.

Riki
04-21-2012, 03:32 AM
"Neither, my phenotype skipped a generation and is like my maternal grandfather"

But my Mother looks like my Grandfather.So I also look like my Mother.
But when comparing old Pictures of my Grandfather when he was about my age.It's like looking at a copy of me.We even laugh about It.

Well.Actually I'm the copy.

Kalitas
04-21-2012, 03:32 AM
50/50 in my case

Kazimiera
04-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Definitely my mom.

exceeder
04-23-2012, 05:10 AM
Generally my mother. I think that i have superficial similarities to my dad (smile for instance)... usually described as a more 'classical' version of my dad (I guess softer features... I think my dad is mostly a kind of exagerated dinarid type with alpinid and and a strong (west) med components.

That said, my phenotype is (i feel) much closer to my mom though. Also phenotypically speaking, I feel I am closer to my mothers maternal side. Apparently I looked alot like my maternal grandmothers brother and I am often told that is where i get my features from (so the maternal grandmother is what I voted - by deference to my grandmothers brother.). He was polish but died during WW2 and I only saw one blurry picture of him, but from what I could tell there was a definite Pontid component and judging by the headshape & nose, there was also some dinaroid there.

So I guess my atlantid/nordomed + dinaroid
OR
atlantid/atlanto-pontid + dinaroid
OR
Pontid + Norid classification(s) (Those 3 are the ones i've gotten the most, so whichever you chose to go by) would be the closest to my great uncles Pontid + Dinaroid (with a possible nordoid?).

Fincher
11-15-2016, 10:42 PM
I seem to take after my maternal grandfather:

http://i.imgur.com/1hK7Y7Kr.jpg

Poise n Pen
11-16-2016, 12:33 AM
I basically got both of them not so much blended as added together.

CordedWhelp
11-16-2016, 12:35 AM
Men on my mother's side mainly+moderate but noticeable influence from my father.

Kriptc06
11-16-2016, 12:35 AM
from my dad, and my dad looks 50/50 from his parents

Bell Beaker
11-16-2016, 12:40 AM
A mix I guess but most say my mom.

I have to create a own thread about that.

Cody Gearhart
11-16-2016, 12:48 AM
Don't know. I look like my uncle on my moms side but he's Borreby. But my dad is Subnordid + Borreby but I don't look like my dad. I am Subnordid. But my mom is Nordid. So not sure where I got my phenotype from. I look like my mom more when my hair gets longer. Shorter hair I look like my uncle on my moms side. It's weird. I also am taller than my dad but shorter than my uncle on my moms side due to the influence from my fathers height. I honestly don't know what phenotype my grandmother on my fathers side is.

Norka
11-16-2016, 01:00 AM
Got the it from my dad who got it from my grandmother all of us are tall blonde giants from the far North East of Europe!

Imamudin
11-16-2016, 01:16 AM
Got the it from my dad who got it from my grandmother all of us are tall blonde giants from the far North East of Europe!

Hahaha you just look like a blonde Baltid castrate completely without any muscles and lanky akward physique :lol:

Pahli
11-16-2016, 01:20 AM
Hahaha you just look like a blonde Baltid castrate completely without any muscles and lanky akward physique :lol:

He's almost 2 meters tall, don't underestimate him.

Imamudin
11-17-2016, 12:52 AM
He's almost 2 meters tall, don't underestimate him.

Sorry but the almost 2 meter do unfortunately not change his bad bone structure. In his case it merely lets him appear lanky and long drawn like a white asparagus.

Pahli
11-17-2016, 12:53 AM
Sorry but the almost 2 meter do unfortunately not change his bad bone structure. In his case it merely lets him appear lanky and long drawn like a white asparagus.

Well you can always meet him in real life :laugh:

LoLeL
11-17-2016, 06:47 AM
My mother and she got hers from her mother. I think my mother side has dominant phenotype DNA codes! :lol00001: Because all of their children are very similar to them.

Newman
11-17-2016, 07:52 AM
From no one. Even my great grandparents, none look like me.

StixNstones
11-20-2016, 01:57 PM
I look like my aunts (father's sisters) and nothing like my mother. But I somehow look a lot like my brother and people say he looks a lot like our mom. I chose the second option (father and he got it from his mother), but we don't really look alike either.

Norka
11-20-2016, 02:13 PM

What do you have to say Nolshestoy? Пидор ты нахуй мою фотографию сохранил? Че бля бабы не дают обезьяне и тебя на парней повело? Какой ты нахуй чеченец когда ведешь себя как битый шакал? Ты давай тут дерьмо не пиши ты личку лучше пошли псина.

Dominicanese
11-20-2016, 02:24 PM
im identical to my dad and he looks like his mom (my grandmother)

Goujian
11-27-2016, 08:54 AM
Everyone tells me that I resemble my mother, especially my maternal grandfather. I have some of my father's features.

Dominicanese
11-27-2016, 02:44 PM
i need to take a shit

Chris596
01-21-2020, 03:15 PM
Honestly I have no idea. To a certain extent from both of my grandparents I think.

El_Jibaro
10-04-2021, 07:50 AM
I got it mostly from my mother, although she is a little bit lighter than me (north Atlantid). My father is like an Alpine Med or Berid, something like that. A wog :laugh:.

My mother looks almost identical to my grandmother...strong genes.

DavidOng
10-04-2021, 05:14 PM
Euro-Asian.

alnortedelsur
10-04-2021, 05:27 PM
I came up like half way in looks between both of my parents. Maybe a bit closer in looks to my mom, but still look similar to both.

Regarding my grandparents, I don't think I look particularly similar to any of them. Just that my paternal grandpa had blue eyes, like my dad and myself.

mashail
10-04-2021, 05:55 PM
I think I got my eye color from my dad, it's green, and mine is hazel.
My skin tone is like my dad I burn very fast.
My nose is mixed between both mom and dad, lips my father.
My hair color like my mom's its light brown or medium brown.
My height is 165 which is much taller than my mom and much shorter than my dad .

Roy
10-04-2021, 06:43 PM
I am mostly like my father, but I have my mom's eyes. My dad on the other hand is very different than his parents (my paternal grandparents).

RenaRyuguu
10-18-2021, 04:28 AM
My father but I think my phenotype is a bit sharper now cuz I lost a ton of weight soo yaa I mean weighing 58 kg at 5'7 changes it def

Dick
10-18-2021, 04:35 AM
My mother and she got hers from her father (late grandpa in my avatar)

Celestia
10-18-2021, 04:43 AM
I look like my mama. My sisters and I all look more like our mama

Paraguayo HFD
10-18-2021, 04:55 AM
I think i look mostly like my maternal grandmother

Tsuin
10-18-2021, 05:08 AM
Got it from my mother who got her looks from her mom. Got my height from my father

Ellethwyn
11-13-2021, 11:11 PM
Just curious if most people inherit their phenotype from their paternal or maternal line or if it is just a random 50/50 shot? Please vote where you received your predominate phenotype.

I think daughters take after their father's phenotype, and sons their mothers.

I definitely inherited my father's. He was blonde hair/ blue eyed Spaniard. My mom is a dark brunette/ green eyed Irish/German.

Donhueas
11-13-2021, 11:27 PM
Mdjfudkslsdjfugligodoe

Rafael Passoni
11-13-2021, 11:39 PM
No one of my recent ancestors look like me.

Donhueas
11-14-2021, 12:06 AM
I think balanced between my parents and these in turn balanced between their parents, perhaps being my father a little more like his father.

axel.aleman
11-14-2021, 12:19 AM
Mezcla de mi padre, abuela paterna y bisabuela materna.

Textura del cabello: mi padre
Color de tez y cráneo: abuela paterna
Nariz: bisabuela materna

Gallop
11-14-2021, 12:20 AM
Many years ago I asked my maternal grandmother about this and she told me that my siblings and I were a mix of both parents, we didn't really pull more to one side or the other.

Dick
11-14-2021, 04:29 AM
I think daughters take after their father's phenotype, and sons their mothers.

I definitely inherited my father's. He was blonde hair/ blue eyed Spaniard. My mom is a dark brunette/ green eyed Irish/German.

More or less I suppose but there's always exceptions to the rule. For example my father looks like his dad and his brother looks like his mom

Creoda
11-14-2021, 07:21 AM
Neither parent that much, roughly equal inheritance and they're quite different. Maybe slightly more to my mother. I might look most similar to my paternal grandmother though, for her eye area and being a KN-'CM' combination.

oszkar07
11-14-2021, 07:34 AM
I think I am a blend of my parents, my eye colouring and hair colour and build is more from my Fathers side. My facial features are combined subtle influences from both my parents.

OreoMan
11-14-2021, 01:58 PM
My mom is biracial whilst my dad is a white-American with Anglo-Saxon heritage.

I get my lips from my father

my nose shape from both my mother and father. Both of them have pretty small greek noses.

For my hair texture and color. I don't get it from either of them. I have more of a light brown wavy textured hair. Whilst my mom has dark curly hair and my dad has Red straight hair.

My facial shape also mirrors both of my parents. They both have v-cut faces. The only caveat is that both my mom and dad have much more of a sharper profile than I do. Perhaps I need to hit the gym lol.

My height is also pretty average I'm 6'1(186cm). My dad is around 5'10(178cm) and my mom is 5'2(158 cm).

For my skin tone I'm not as light as my father, but light enough for my Persian friend to believe that I might also be Persian.

Lastly, for my eyes. My mom has light brown eyes, and my father has greenish-blue eyes. I don't really know how to describe them, but they fall on the light side of both green and blue. I ended up having hazel eyes. The outer end of my eyes is a darker blue while the color of my eyes near my pupils are yellowish-brown.

Kriptc06
11-14-2021, 02:01 PM
I look mostly like my father, very little to my mother (but still a little). My father looks like a mix of his parents, a tiny little more like his dad. My grandfather looks like his mother (although I don't know what my great-grandfather looked like).

I posted both my father and grandfather here for classification some time ago, you guys mostly said "atlanto-med".

Kriptc06
11-14-2021, 02:13 PM
I think balanced between my parents and these in turn balanced between their parents, perhaps being my father a little more like his father.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/image.php?u=30375&dateline=1635358674

KirillMazur
09-07-2022, 02:36 PM
Everything is simple with me - I'm just the arithmetic mean between my great-grandfather (blond, Belarusian roots, West/Ost/Baltid) and great-grandmother (Crimea, Black Sea region, Pontid-Gorid) on the paternal side.

Roy
09-07-2022, 03:34 PM
I look a lot like my father when it comes to facial features but my pigmentation is that of my mom (brown hair and brown/hazel eyes). My dad on the other hand do not look like an ''even mix of his parents'' neither much more like either of his parents but moreso like his ... tall and slender paternal grandfather.

Celestia
09-07-2022, 03:41 PM
I look almost identical to my mom and she looks like hers

Pro.crasti.nation
09-07-2022, 04:03 PM
I look like my father and his father before him. I expect the same is true of my father. The only differences are a slightly darker hue, being able to tan (dad would burn and turn into a red lobster, in Bangladesh!) brown eyes and a loss of a few inches in height (dad was around 6'2 and granddad was over 7'5!).

WeirdLookingFellow
09-07-2022, 04:18 PM
My dad mixed with my maternal grandpa.

mitalit
09-07-2022, 04:33 PM
I look more like my father and he looks like his mother. Although I would say I have traits of all my grandparents

Jingle Bell
09-07-2022, 05:50 PM
Everyone says I'm a blacker version of my dad lol:swl

Tongio
09-07-2022, 06:27 PM
I look almost identical to my mom and she looks like hers

H1 strong since last ice age.

Tongio
09-07-2022, 06:35 PM
I look a lot like my mother and paternal grandfather, both stemming from the light ethiopian(mediterranean) phenotype with dinaroform tendencies and some blondism, not much from my paternal grandma wich is a shame cause she has quite the robust jawline and nice green eyes.

Ellethwyn
09-07-2022, 08:38 PM
I think I take more after my father. I have his snub nose, though mine is a bit different. My mother has more of a Dinarid nose. Same coloring as my father. I also have the same bone structure as my paternal grandmother. She had wide/flared cheekbones. I have a mix of my parents eyes, I think.

https://i.imgur.com/nTmL9jv.png
https://i.imgur.com/feupBKj.png

Jana
09-07-2022, 08:54 PM
Paternal side overwhelmingly (father, grand-father) with minor influence from maternal side (mother, grand mother)

Benyzero
09-07-2022, 09:19 PM
"both in equal measure"

Tooting Carmen

PlattitüdenPaule
09-07-2022, 09:58 PM
I look like an exact clone of my father and respectively his father when they were my age with the only exception of me being blond instead of red haired.

rothaer
09-07-2022, 11:32 PM
I assess myself as a combination with abt. equal proportions from both sides (hence also not predominantly resembling a singular grandparent).

There was no such alternative in the poll, so I didn't vote.

billErobreren
09-08-2022, 12:07 AM
An even blend, I got my long limbs and sad looking eyes from my mother, and the barrel chest from her father. I tend to lean slightly toward her family by an eyelash.

CordedWhelp
09-08-2022, 12:10 AM
More from my father’s father, with lesser bits from the others. Similar goes with my sister. My paternal grandfather had some “strong” genes!

Eliades
09-08-2022, 12:30 AM
Literal 50/50, Mom/Dad. I think my Mom just a little more, because tend to say she looks like a female version of me a lot.

Fortnite777
09-08-2022, 01:37 AM
I look like 3/4 my father + 1/4 my mothers mothers father. My brother looks like the 3/4 MMF 1/4 F

MandM
09-08-2022, 03:51 AM
From both of my grandfathers, but mostly from my fathers father

hazmatnik
09-08-2022, 03:55 AM
I got it 50/50 my father had a sharp chin but i'm pumpkinhead as my mom but with fathers features.

Richmondbread
09-08-2022, 09:21 PM
Contrary to what people say here, I look a lot more like my mother's side of the family than my dad.

Sent from my F91 5G using Tapatalk

RogueState
09-08-2022, 09:31 PM
I look the most as my maternal grandfather, he was young kid when they left his native village between Andrijevica and Plav (in Montenegro) because of the WWII to go to Serbian Sandzak

Smaug
09-08-2022, 10:05 PM
I look like more my mother’s paternal side.