PDA

View Full Version : Football: FIFA Euro 2012. Who will win?

Adrian
04-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Netherlands, Spain and Germany are considered as favorite teams of this championship. Italy, England, France also have good teams. Other teams can not be considered outsiders because surprises are always present in European Championship.

I think Netherlands will win the championship.

Please vote :)

purple
04-20-2012, 06:18 PM
germany
germany
germany

Virtuous
04-20-2012, 06:19 PM
I don't know who will win, but I can't wait for the Europeans to come, summer nights, chilled beer, football on big screen...enthusiasm.Just great :D.

Adrian
04-20-2012, 06:21 PM
The poll is ready.

Sikeliot
04-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Spain or Netherlands, can't decide which. I'll go with Spain since they're my Iberian brothers and sisters.

Geronimo
04-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Germany has an amazing young team that will dominate world football in the next 5-7 years. What I like about this team is that it's predominantly white with authentic germans in it.

purple
04-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Spain are cheaters and divers..All the time..

And just because Spain won the WC..doesnt mean the cheating wont be spotted this time..:D

Libertas
04-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Spain are cheaters and divers..All the time..

And just because Spain won the WC..doesnt mean the cheating wont be spotted this time..:D

No, they are not.

They win because they are skilful and have team spirit.

As if Germany hasn't produced divers like Klinsmann.

Queen B
04-20-2012, 06:30 PM
We can make it again despite the odds :coffee:

Adrian
04-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Group stage

Group A
Poland
Greece
Russia
Czech Republic

Group B
Netherlands
Denmark
Germany
Portugal

Group C
Spain
Italy
Republic of Ireland
Croatia

Group D
Ukraine
Sweden
France
England

Gratis
04-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Germany has an amazing young team that will dominate world football in the next 5-7 years. What I like about this team is that it's predominantly white with authentic germans in it.

Germany has plenty of players of foreign lineage.

As for who will win, probably Spain, again.

Tony
04-20-2012, 08:17 PM

I don't find anything to be glad, if you say so you must be very young.

In the last years Germany enrolled several non-German and non-White players:
Cacau=black Brazillian
Klose=Pole
Gomez=Spanish/German
Boateng=Ghanian/German
Khedira=Tunisian
Ozil=Turk
Podolski=Pole
Aogo=Nigerian

note:very likely all of these will be called up for Euro 2012...

Homogenity aside they, with Spain and Holland have the best chances to win.
The only thing that play against them are the fact that most of them, or in Real Madrid or in Bayern, are being overstressed till the end in both their own national league and Champion's League.

That's why I choose Italy, at least we save energy by being out of the CL/El semifinals, I hope...

Hurrem sultana
04-20-2012, 08:21 PM
i hope Germany or Netherlands

Gratis
04-20-2012, 08:26 PM
As well as other players who are frequently capped or called-up, such as Marin and Trochowski. Their youth teams are even more foreign, full of Turks and blacks.

Óttar
04-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Schwarz
Rot
Gold

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=195&pictureid=1522

Hart
Mit
Stolz

Vasconcelos
04-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Spain will win again, I think, but Germany and the Netherlands are close behind. I still hope one of these two (or both) will fail to pass the group stage.

Geronimo
04-20-2012, 08:42 PM

Cacau=black Brazillian
Klose=Pole
Gomez=Spanish/German
Boateng=Ghanian/German
Khedira=Tunisian
Ozil=Turk
Podolski=Pole
Aogo=Nigerian

note:very likely all of these will be called up for Euro 2012...

Homogenity aside they, with Spain and Holland have the best chances to win.
The only thing that play against them are the fact that most of them, or in Real Madrid or in Bayern, are being overstressed till the end in both their own national league and Champion's League.

That's why I choose Italy, at least we save energy by being out of the CL/El semifinals, I hope...

Cacau, Boateng and Aogo - 3 blacks
Ozil and Khedira - 2 muslims
Podolski, Klose and Gomez are europids so I see nothing wrong with them

5 non-europids is not much when compared to France, England, Portugal or Holland. Cacau and Aogo wont make the final tournament. It's a shame that Germany calls up these untermensch when they have perfectly good german players capable of replacing the likes of Ozil, Khedira or Boateng who's actually a really bad defender.

by the way I specified that the team is predominantly white, not completely white :)

Hurrem sultana
04-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Podolski, Klose and Gomez are europids so I see nothing wrong with them

are you american?

Geronimo
04-20-2012, 08:48 PM
are you american?

How is that relevant to the fact that Podolski, Klose and Gomez are europids ?

Hurrem sultana
04-20-2012, 08:53 PM

because an european does not think in those "terms",a polish dude will always be "utlänning" in the eyes of a swede etc

Geronimo
04-20-2012, 08:56 PM
because an european does not think in those "terms",a polish dude will always be "utlänning" in the eyes of a swede etc

I'm a european and I think in those "terms" but I do find mudslims to be untermensch and "utlänning" :)

Hurrem sultana
04-20-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm a european and I think in those "terms" but I do find mudslims to be untermensch and "utlänning" :)

:thumb001:

so there you see

Gratis
04-20-2012, 08:58 PM

It's the German national team, not the Europid national team.

Geronimo
04-20-2012, 09:00 PM
It's the German national team, not the Europid national team.

In your place I would worry more about Canada team :rolleyes:

Gratis
04-20-2012, 09:27 PM
In your place I would worry more about Canada team :rolleyes:

Nice way of evading the argument when you're wrong. You applauded them for being authentically German, just pointed out they have quite a few who aren't actually and you changed your tune saying that they're European so it doesn't matter. Wasn't even a criticism of Germany. My location is irrelevant here anyways because from what I gather you're not German either so you're in no more of a position to discuss them than I am.

Óttar
04-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Hey at least Germany's team isn't France. I don't care about the two strikers being Polish. Good neighbor policy. :thumb001:

Graham
04-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Spain for winners. Ukraine for the hooligan winners cup :P

Leliana
04-21-2012, 04:17 PM

Cacau=black Brazillian
Klose=Pole
Gomez=Spanish/German
Boateng=Ghanian/German
Khedira=Tunisian
Ozil=Turk
Podolski=Pole
Aogo=Nigerian

Cacau and Aogo play too bad and they'll receive no nomination. The maximum is a seat on the substitutes' bench for Cacau.

As well as other players who are frequently capped or called-up, such as Marin and Trochowski. Their youth teams are even more foreign, full of Turks and blacks.
Marin and Trochowski didn't play any good matches this season. They will stay at home.

The standard formation for Euro 2012 could be: Neuer - Lahm - Mertesacker - Badstuber - Boateng - Khedira or Götze - Kroos - Müller - Özil - Podolski - Klose or Gomez.

6 or 7 fully Germans, 1-2 half Germans and 1-2 extra Europeans: It's not perfect but compared to teams like France it's okay. :)

Jon Snow
04-21-2012, 04:29 PM

Agreed; there are some truly fantastic young Germans out there. Big big fan of Goetze, Hummels, and Reus in particular.

Anyway, it's funny that the last three major international tournament champions (Spain '10, Spain '08, Italy '06) were about as racially/ethnically homogenous as it gets for large European nations. Countries like France and England, with all of their "superior" black athletes, never seem to win anything. :D

Geronimo
04-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Cacau and Aogo play too bad and they'll receive no nomination. The maximum is a seat on the substitutes' bench for Cacau.

Marin and Trochowski haven't shown any good performances this season. They will stay at home.

The standard formation could be: Neuer - Lahm - Mertesacker - Badstuber - Boateng - Khedira or Götze - Kroos - Müller - Özil - Podolski - Klose or Gomez.

6 or 7 fully Germans, 1-2 half Germans and 1-2 extra Europeans: It's not perfect but compared to teams like France it's okay. :)

I'm sorry but you just can't leave out Hummels (best CB in the country) and Goetze (best young attacking midflielder in the world). Also what happened to Schweinsteiger and Schurrle !? Khedira is a defensive miedfielder so if Goetze was to play in the starting eleven he would have to replace Kroos or Ozil but not Khedira.

My german 11 would be : Neuer - Lahm - Hummels - Badstuber - Schmelzer - Schweinsteiger - Goetze - Müller - Schurrle - Podolski - Gomez.

Leliana
04-21-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm sorry but you just can't leave out Hummels (best CB in the country) and Goetze (best young attacking midflielder in the world). Also what happened to Schweinsteiger and Schurrle !? Khedira is a defensive miedfielder so if Goetze was to play in the starting eleven he would have to replace Kroos or Ozil but not Khedira.

My german 11 would be : Neuer - Lahm - Hummels - Badstuber - Schmelzer - Schweinsteiger - Goetze - Müller - Schurrle - Podolski - Gomez.
Meh, I'm no football expert. :D I mentioned Götze but forgot about Schweinsteiger. That Schmelzer and Schürrle play in the starting eleven isn't very likely.

StonyArabia
04-21-2012, 04:39 PM
I am cheering all the way for Spain, and hopefully they will win again.

Geronimo
04-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Meh, I'm no football expert. :D I mentioned Götze but forgot about Schweinsteiger. That Schmelzer and Schürrle play in the starting eleven isn't very likely.

You're right, Schmelzer will be Boateng's back-up although I think Schmelzer is the better footballer. Schurrle has done very well in the national team but most likely will be Ozil's understudy, once again a mistake IMO. Out of the foreign legion only Khedira brings quality to this german team because you don't have another world class defensive midfielder like him.

Corvus
04-21-2012, 07:36 PM
I think Poland is the favourite to win. They have great individual players
and the home advantage.

Hurrem sultana
04-21-2012, 07:43 PM
how is it going for Barcelona? :D

sydvice2
04-23-2012, 09:06 AM
spain,spain,spain,spain

Graham
04-23-2012, 07:17 PM
how is it going for Barcelona? :D

On a loosing streak now. European Championship's is a good chance for the the double. Copa del Rey and Euro 2012. :D

ficuscarica
04-25-2012, 06:52 AM
Germany will win and people will open a "most hated" nation (aka most envied nation) thread again. :)

Adrian
04-25-2012, 10:24 AM
Germany will win and people will open a "most hated" nation (aka most envied nation) thread again. :)

At least you have a good football team ;)

Vojnik
04-25-2012, 10:49 AM
España will win.

angel
05-14-2012, 06:51 PM
What's happened with the French squad is remarkable. Laurent Blanc has begun a revolution of expelling the black thugs and replacing them with quality native and Arab players. Not since 1998-99 have the French looked so classy. I think they can go far.

This was the French squad that crashed in South Africa. But except for Evra, Lloris, and Ribery none of these players will be in Russia and Poland.
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/022/373/102178212_crop_650x440.jpg?1283799127

This was Laurent Blanc's squad that won 2-1 in the friendly game in Germany last February: 7 Whites, 2 North Africans, and only 2 blacks. The front-line will be lead by Whites and Arabs, with the one or two blacks occupying the dirty, slave work in the defensive midfield position.
http://www.football365.fr/medias/146103_.jpg

Anthropologique
05-14-2012, 06:54 PM
I have no idea. Any of the following could win:

Germany
Italy
Spain
Portugal
Netherlands

Guapo
05-14-2012, 07:00 PM
football is a wog sport

Corvus
05-14-2012, 07:01 PM
football is a wog sport

That`s why I like it :D

Rereg
05-14-2012, 07:23 PM
I hope that polish national team will achieve a good result and I would see Spain as future winner of EURO 2012. :)

angel
05-16-2012, 01:33 AM
Laurent Blanc just announced his his France squad:

http://www.sportpulse.net/content/euro-2012-laurent-blanc-announces-preliminary-squad-france-3522
Hugo Lloris (Olympique Lyon), Steve Mandanda (Olympique Marseille), Cedric Carrasso (Girondins Bordeaux).

Defenders: Patrice Evra (Manchester United), Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal), Adil Rami (Valencia), Mathieu Debuchy (Lille), Anthony Reveillere (Olympique Lyon), Mapou Yanga Mbiwa (Montpellier), Gael Clichy (Manchester City), Philippe Mexes (AC Milan).

Midfielders: Yoann Gourcuff (Olympique Lyon) Yohan Cabaye (Newcastle United), Samir Nasri (Manchester City), Alou Diarra (Olympique Marseille), Yann Mvila (Stade Rennes), Marvin Martin (Sochaux), Blaise Matuidi (Paris St Germain), Florent Malouda (Chelsea).

Forwards: Mathieu Valbuena (Olympique Marseille), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich), Olivier Giroud (Montpellier), Jeremy Menez (Paris St Germain), Loic Remy (Olympique Marseille), Hatem Ben Arfa (Newcastle United).

So the squad so far contains 12 Whites, 4 Arabs, and 9 Blacks. I expect the starters to be 6 Whites, 3 Arabs, and only 2 blacks.

---

The Dutch squad was also announced:

http://www.rnw.nl/africa/article/holland-squad-trimmed-27-men
Goalkeepers: Tim Krul (Newcastle United/ENG), Maarten Stekelenburg (Roma/ITA), Michel Vorm (Swansea City/WAL)

Defenders: Vurnon Anita (Ajax), Khalid Boulahrouz (Stuttgart/GER), Wilfred Bouma (PSV Eindhoven), John Heitinga (Everton/ENG), Joris Mathijsen (Malaga/ESP), Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord), Gregory van der Wiel (Ajax), Jetro Willems (PSV Eindhoven)

Midfielders: Ibrahim Afellay (Barcelona/ESP), Mark van Bommel (AC Milan/ITA), Nigel de Jong (Manchester City/ENG), Siem de Jong (Ajax), Adam Maher (AZ Alkmaar), Stijn Schaars (Sporting Lisbon/POR), Wesley Sneijder (Inter Milan/ITA), Kevin Strootman (PSV Eindhoven), Rafael van der Vaart (Tottenham Hotspur/ENG)

Forwards: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke/GER), Luuk de Jong (FC Twente), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool/ENG), Jeremain Lens (PSV Eindhoven), Luciano Narsingh (Heerenveen), Robin van Persie (Arsenal/ENG), Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich/GER)

So there are 15 Whites, 3 Arabs, 1 mixed-race Asian, and 8 Blacks. The starting line-up should have 7-8 Whites.

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
05-16-2012, 01:38 AM
I want the dutch to win because they are the most fun, funny how easy of a group England got haha

they got 2nd in the world cup so maybe they still have it :D hopefully

angel
05-16-2012, 01:52 AM
I think that the only easy group is the one with Spain, Italy, Ireland, and Croatia. The first two are far superior teams. If I had to compare the national teams to league clubs, I'd say that Spain=Barcelona, Italy=Juventus, Ireland=Aston Villa, and Croatia= a mid-table German club.

In the other groups, any team can beat the other.

alb0zfinest
05-16-2012, 02:14 AM
Why am i the only one for England?

iNird
05-16-2012, 02:24 AM
I usually root for Germany out of the European teams. England in 2nd. I don't like Italy because i find their style of play too defensive and boring, and Spain dives a lot.

I also like rooting for Croatia out of the balkan teams.

I think Germany wins Euro 2012. The team is extremely young and talented. I think they will be favorites for the World Cup as well.

disclaimer:

I live in America and don't know much about soccer.....i mean football. [/SIZE] :D

angel
05-16-2012, 02:29 AM
I'm not impressed with the Germans, especially after the French beat them on their own turf last February.

Osprey
05-16-2012, 02:44 AM
Since the English team is well, Non English, My money is on Germany

Osprey
05-16-2012, 02:45 AM
I'm not impressed with the Germans, especially after the French beat them on their own turf last February.

Miro was not with them.

angel
05-16-2012, 03:26 AM
The Portugal squad was announced:

http://blogs.canada.com/2012/05/15/euro-2012-cristiano-ronaldo-captains-revamped-portugal-squad/

Goalkeepers: Rui Patricio (Sporting Lisbon), Eduardo (Benfica), Beto (CFR-Cluj/ROM)

Defenders: Bruno Alves (Zenit Saint-Petersburg/RUS), Fabio Coentrao (Real Madrid/ESP), Joao Pereira (Sporting Lisbon), Pepe (Real Madrid/ESP), Ricardo Costa (Valencia/ESP), Rolando (FC Porto), Miguel Lopes (Sporting Braga)

Midfielders: Carlos Martins (Granada/ESP), Joao Moutinho (FC Porto), Custodio (Sporting Braga), Miguel Veloso (Genoa/ITA), Raul Meireles (Chelsea/ENG), Ruben Micael (Real Zaragoza/ESP)

Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid/ESP), Hugo Almeida (Besiktas/TUR), Helder Postiga (Real Zaragoza/ESP), Nani (Manchester United/ENG), Nelson Oliveira (Benfica), Ricardo Quaresma (Besiktas/TUR), Silvestre Varela (FC Porto)

So it's 18 native Portuguese, 2 Brazilians, and 3 Blacks. Of these, I'd only expect Pepe, Alves, and Nani to start. Portugal's main weakness is with the striker position. They haven't had a good striker since Pauletta.

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
05-16-2012, 10:27 PM

So it's 18 native Portuguese, 2 Brazilians, and 3 Blacks. Of these, I'd only expect Pepe, Alves, and Nani to start. Portugal's main weakness is with the striker position. They haven't had a good striker since Pauletta.

with nani and ronaldo they have good strikers, I think it is in the midfield it seems if they cant make plays for ronaldo they are fail

Damião de Góis
05-16-2012, 10:33 PM

There's only one brazilian on that list, Pepe. Bruno Alves is half brazilian but born in Portugal. Rolando and Nani are both born in Cape Verde. Quaresma is gypsy/angolan born in Portugal. Varela is african but born in Portugal too. Ricardo Costa i don't know what he is, but born in Portugal too.

Now about football, my hopes are not too high... i don't expect us to pass the group.

ficuscarica
05-16-2012, 10:34 PM
This is most likely, but unexpected things are to be expected:

1. Germany
2. Spain
3. Netherlands
4. Italy

Rouxinol
05-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Couldn't care less.

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
05-17-2012, 02:11 AM
I want the Netherlands to win just to see what kind of crazy celebration they will come up with

~Elizabeth~
05-17-2012, 04:19 AM
I voted Greece since it's not multiple choice.
Other choices would have been Poland and Ukraine.

Aces High
05-17-2012, 06:22 AM
England will win....with Roy Hodgson at the wheel.......:rofl_002:

MST3K
05-17-2012, 08:51 AM
1.Spain
2.Germany
3.Ireland

Virtuous
05-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Who will win me do not know, but as always I'll side with Italia!...but I might sympathize con I Tedeschen :D, and I'll cheer for Poland for some particular reason :rolleyes:.

(yes I posted 2 times, problem?)

angel
05-17-2012, 04:47 PM
The English squad was announced, and a lot of the picks are disappointing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/9269437/John-Terry-named-in-England-squad-for-Euro-2012-finals-Andy-Carroll-and-Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain-also-make-cut.html
Joe Hart (Man City), Robert Green (West Ham), John Ruddy (Norwich).

Defenders: Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Man United), John Terry (Chelsea), Joleon Lescott (Man City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton).

Midfielders: Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Man City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Ashley Young (Man United), James Milner (Man City).

Strikers: Wayne Rooney (Man United), Danny Welbeck (Man United), Andy Carroll (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham).

Hodgson left out Grant Holt, who scored the most goals after Rooney among English players last season. Defoe and Welbeck are preferred, who are typical black strikers with very little technique or skill, no intelligence, poor first touch, and so on. With Rooney out in the first 2 games, are they seriously going to put two incompetent black strikers on the front line??

Walcott is the worst winger I've ever seen: he can't dribble, can't cross, and is also bad at finishing. Adam Johnson is England's most talented attacker, but he's been left off the team.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is their Great Black Hope, a new Walcott. I haven't seen enough of him to judge him yet, but the English media always hype up their very mediocre players.

Jon Snow
05-17-2012, 06:40 PM

Hodgson left out Grant Holt, who scored the most goals after Rooney among English players last season. Defoe and Welbeck are preferred, who are typical black strikers with very little technique or skill, no intelligence, poor first touch, and so on. With Rooney out in the first 2 games, are they seriously going to put two incompetent black strikers on the front line??

Walcott is the worst winger I've ever seen: he can't dribble, can't cross, and is also bad at finishing. Adam Johnson is England's most talented attacker, but he's been left off the team.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is their Great Black Hope, a new Walcott. I haven't seen enough of him to judge him yet, but the English media always hype up their very mediocre players.

Agreed with all of the above, and then some:

Michael Carrick being left out is absolutely baffling. He should walk in to the starting XI, but he hasn't even made the squad. :confused:

Stuart Downing making the squad is a joke. I'd rather see him wearing the England kit than any of the blacks and browns that are frequently paraded around as "Englishmen", to be sure, but the fact remains that Downing hasn't a single Premier League goal or assist to his name, having played an entire season as a first-choice winger. That spot should be Adam Johnson's, but even Matt Jarvis would make a better choice.

Phil Jagielka missing out is puzzling. He's one of the best defenders in England IMO.

Glen Johnson making the team is just lulzy, and I'll leave it at that.

Finally, with respect to the level of play he's capable of, I was disappointed to see Gerrard given the captaincy. He's never really impressed for England, but more importantly his leadership role means he's nailed on to start every game that he's healthy. I'd rather see the captaincy given to Joe Hart, who should start every game on merit, and probably will for the next decade.

Catrau
05-17-2012, 07:00 PM
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w420/1Catrau/pt.jpg

:thumb001::thumb001::thumb001::thumb001:

Corvus
05-17-2012, 07:16 PM

I think you would be an advocate for an all white English team.
But I think these times are gone

Mediterranean Cowboy
05-17-2012, 07:19 PM
I feel pity for my brethren from England and France, whose teams have been completely taken over by blacks. What a shame to these once great national teams.

Aces High
05-17-2012, 07:24 PM
I thought with Capello as manager we would finally win something....now its back to the comedy of errors and jobs for the boys.
What a joke.

angel
05-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Italy's provisional squad has Balotelli and a Nigerian "Angelo Ogbonna" who's a center half for 2nd division Torino. I wouldn't expect Ogbongo to get in ahead of Chiellini & Barzagli. But this is very shocking - for Italy to go from legends like Inzaghi, Del Piero, etc to starting a greasy, overrated thug like Balotelli. The only reason he's in the squad is because of Rossi's tragic injury.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Angelo+Ogbonna+Italy+Training+Session+Press+iYsI5k WbgT6l.jpg

Il Principe
05-24-2012, 11:23 PM
Whoever wins this Euro cup, I want the French team to lose. Mainly for this reason:

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8858/r05r05k.jpg

Damião de Góis
05-24-2012, 11:28 PM
^ They already had their share of foreigners in the 50s:

Abbes; Kaelbel, Lerond; Penverne, Jonquet, Marcel; Wisnieski, Fontaine, Kopa, Piantoni, Vincent.

Mediterranean Cowboy
05-25-2012, 02:31 AM
Whoever wins this Euro cup, I want the French team to lose. Mainly for this reason:

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8858/r05r05k.jpg

Wow, that is really quite a shocking change in 50 years.

I know many French voted FN, but still, how the hell do they let themselves get conquered like this?

Turkophagos
06-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Polacks promised us hell tonight. Bring it on mofos.

Let the tournaments begin!

Anthropologique
06-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Wow, that is really quite a shocking change in 50 years.

I know many French voted FN, but still, how the hell do they let themselves get conquered like this?

Blame it on the uber politically correct elements that dominate the country. Disgraceful!!

Turkophagos
06-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Spanish cunt referee is butchering us!

Vasconcelos
06-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Spanish cunt referee is butchering us!

Indeed, it's pathetic..

Rastko
06-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Slawa ,Polska!

poiuytrewq0987
06-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Greece is being stomped by Poland, it's so funny. :D Let's see if they'll make a comeback in 2nd half. ;)

Vasconcelos
06-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Greece is being stomped by Poland and the referee, it's so funny. :D Let's see if they'll make a comeback in 2nd half. ;)

Fixed.

Turkophagos
06-08-2012, 05:11 PM
GOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Queen B
06-08-2012, 05:12 PM
GOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh

:cheer_icoon::cheer_icoon::cheer_icoon:
:victory0::victory0::victory0:

Rereg
06-08-2012, 05:15 PM
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh

:cheer_icoon::cheer_icoon::cheer_icoon:
:victory0::victory0::victory0:

Honestly I was very suprised. :)

poiuytrewq0987
06-08-2012, 05:16 PM
GOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

and a very, very lucky goal that one was. :thumb001:

Rereg
06-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

WWaLxFIVX1s

1:1

Vasconcelos
06-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Impressive Greek performance in the 2nd half, Salpigidis was a game changer.

Turkophagos
06-08-2012, 05:56 PM
1-1 instead of 3-1 for Greece thanks to the referees.

That Spanish bastard was on a mission there.

Turkophagos
06-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Impressive Greek performance in the 2nd half, Salpigidis was a game changer.

Fortounis too, his passes were high quality ones:

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Europe/Euro/article1805532.ece/BINARY/w460/fortounis_kostas.jpg

poiuytrewq0987
06-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Fortounis too, his passes were high quality ones:

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Europe/Euro/article1805532.ece/BINARY/w460/fortounis_kostas.jpg

Looks Hellenized Slav. :coffee:

Turkophagos
06-08-2012, 05:59 PM

He's from Thessaly, no Slavs there.

Vasconcelos
06-08-2012, 06:01 PM

Please stop, your obsession with Greeks is annoying. This is a football thread, keep it that way.

poiuytrewq0987
06-08-2012, 06:02 PM
He's from Thessaly, no Slavs there.

the area suffered from the Slavic incursions in the 6th–8th centuries

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Thessaly#Middle_Ages

The Belegezites (Greek: Βελεγεζίται) were a South Slavic tribe that lived in the area of Thessaly in the Middle Ages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belegezites

:coffee:

Libertas
06-08-2012, 06:03 PM
This game was the pits.

poiuytrewq0987
06-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Please stop, your obsession with Greeks is annoying. This is a football thread, keep it that way.

Not gonna take advice from a Czech wannabe.

Vasconcelos
06-08-2012, 06:11 PM

What?

Queen B
06-08-2012, 06:14 PM
the area suffered from the Slavic incursions in the 6th–8th centuries

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Thessaly#Middle_Ages

The Belegezites (Greek: Βελεγεζίται) were a South Slavic tribe that lived in the area of Thessaly in the Middle Ages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belegezites

:coffee:

oh, the Slavic warrior sperm again. This strong sperm not only overshadowed the Greek, but still goes on after some thousand years.

Get over your obsession and stay on topic Dusan.

Take advice from a moderator and once, stay on topic.

Turkophagos
06-08-2012, 08:50 PM
http://resources.sport-fm.gr/supersportFM/images/news/12/06/08/223707.jpg

http://resources.sport-fm.gr/supersportFM/images/news/12/06/08/223632.jpg

http://resources.sport-fm.gr/supersportFM/images/news/12/06/08/223642.jpg

http://resources.sport-fm.gr/supersportFM/images/news/12/06/08/223648.jpg

http://resources.sport-fm.gr/supersportFM/images/news/12/06/08/223659.jpg

Greece or Poland?

Comte Arnau
06-08-2012, 08:56 PM
1-1 instead of 3-1 for Greece thanks to the referees.

That Spanish bastard was on a mission there.

http://thumbs.ifood.tv/files/imagecache/600x500/Crying%20baby.jpg

Lucumone
06-08-2012, 08:57 PM
It will be a fight between Germany,the Netherlands and probably Spain,a good surprise could be Russia while us (Italians) are so weak this year..

Grizzly
06-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Russia looked really good against the Czech Republic. Arshavin was extremely dangerous and looked like a world class player right there. It didn't even matter if Zherkov couldn't hit the broad side of a barn..

Netherlands should be fun to watch tomorrow. I'm expecting a defensive lineup out of them tomorrow meaning some great players like Van Persie, Hunterlaar or Van Der Vaart may be benched. I also want to see a banana be thrown :D

Vasconcelos
06-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Netherlands should be fun to watch tomorrow. I'm expecting a defensive lineup

That won't happen, they have one of the most offensive teams in the tournament and they sure as hell won't play defensively against Denmark.

Duke
06-08-2012, 09:12 PM
LOL nobody voted for Russia, i think they have a good chance, they show that tonight, and against italy

Dacul
06-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Well Russia played as a great team tonight.
4-1 against Czech Republic.

Lucumone
06-08-2012, 09:13 PM
LOL nobody voted for Russia, i think they have a good chance, they show that tonight, and against italy

They are not in our group,lucky for them:D
We lost 3 -0 a couple of days ago....

Duke
06-08-2012, 09:17 PM
They are not in our group,lucky for them:D
We lost 3 -0 a couple of days ago....

yes, for what they showed, i wouldn't wont either :D

Grizzly
06-08-2012, 09:21 PM
That won't happen, they have one of the most offensive teams in the tournament and they sure as hell won't play defensively against Denmark.

If I'm not mistaken Netherlands usually play with two defensive/holding midfielders so either Van Brummel, De Jong or Strootman will play in those positions. Robben will probably play as the right winger/fielder with Affellay on the left side as he's naturally left footed. This leaves Sneijder as the attacking mid with either Van Persie or Hunteelar as a lone striker(probably Van Persie)

I'm thinking something like this
--------Van Brummel----De Jong
Robben-------Sneijder--------Afellay
---------------Van Persie

But I hope to see Hunteelar and Van Der Vaart play as they are great attacking players.

Turkophagos
06-08-2012, 10:20 PM
http://thumbs.ifood.tv/files/imagecache/600x500/Crying%20baby.jpg

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Photo/competitions/General/01/80/99/60/1809960_s1.jpg

I bet he's Catalan.

El Gre
06-08-2012, 11:55 PM
That Spanish ref was an absolute disgrace. I sure hope he gets sent home after that disgusting performance. 2 non existent yellow cards and then a NON hand ball call. Still the Greeks showed determination and overcame the adversity and got a result. WELL DONE TO THE BOYS!!!!

korkolola
06-09-2012, 12:03 AM
I hope the Netherlands are successful this year. One of those few teams that do not torment you with over-defensive game and shitty acting :)

Leliana
06-09-2012, 12:27 AM
The teams in Group A are death either way. :icon_skull: They will meet Group B in the quarter finals, and Group B contains Holland, Germany, Portugal and Denmark.

Sorry but 'bye bye' Greece, Russia, Poland and Czech Republic. :cool: Whoever of them suceeds in the group stage is going to drive home after clashing with the group B teams in quarter finals.

Svarog
06-09-2012, 03:51 AM
The teams in Group A are death either way. :icon_skull: They will meet Group B in the quarter finals, and Group B contains Holland, Germany, Portugal and Denmark.

Sorry but 'bye bye' Greece, Russia, Poland and Czech Republic. :cool: Whoever of them suceeds in the group stage is going to drive home after clashing with the group B teams in quarter finals.

This reminds me on exact same comments in 2008

Everyone who remembers the game knows it could have been easy 6:1

RE058c4s-9g

Until this game Netherlands was unbeaten with goal difference 9:1

Underastimation is sure the way to win euro ;)

How else Chelsea won CL, no one took them seriously.

Svarog
06-09-2012, 03:58 AM
Im not gonna be stuborn and overly enthusiastic like some people here, then have my own words bite me in the ass later but Russia have only 2 players not playing in Russian Premier league, huge advantage compared to teams that have all of their players playing in different country.

Andrey Arshavin can be a nasty motherfucker when he have a good day can outplay C.Ronaldo on the wing, ask the Dutch, and then Czechs last night.

Dzagoev is one of the most talented players I've been able to watch in the last 10 years

Pavlyachenko, class. Russian players are not star players that teenage girls get wet about but as a team they are tactically perfect and work great together; imo, easy pass in a group, on a good day can beat any team from group B, yes, including Germany. ESPECIALLY if they get underastimated, you'll have 3 behind your back before even realising.

Svarog
06-09-2012, 04:08 AM
My Ideal English line up would be, ignoring racial crap and injuries:

Joe Heart GK

Baines LB John Terry CB Cahil CB Richards RB

Barry MC Gerrard MC

Adam Johnson AM L James Milner AM R Lampard AM C

Rooney FC

I would also take Kevin Nolan and Holt
Who knows, maybe Joey Barton too, just for the laughs :D
I can almost bet Joey would leave his heart out on the field for English team, tho, maybe he'd fight bit too much never know with him.

Queen B
06-09-2012, 01:17 PM

We did 2004 once, we can do it again :cool:

aimar
06-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Spain

Beethoven
06-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Spain got technically smartest players. I think they would easy eat Germany

Spain already won euro 2008 and World Cup 2010