PDA

View Full Version : [REC] (movie)

Lumi
04-22-2012, 03:37 PM
A couple of nights ago, I was at a friends. We decided to watch a movie called [REC], a Spanish horror movie. To be honest, I was a bit skeptical. I've watched a lot of horror movies, so I'm pretty immune to what people consider "scary".
I'm one of those people that would take a lot to scare stupid.
After watching [REC], well... Lets just say that I was so scared, I couldn't move.
It was better than any horror movie that I had ever seen.
I've never been afraid of the dark, but holy Hell, now I am.
It was well filmed, better than anything that Hollywood could ever come up with.
Hollywood tried to come up with an American version of [REC]. I think they called it Quarantine. It was crap.

Here's a link to the IMDb of [REC]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1038988/

I highly recommend it.
Has anyone else seen it?

dralos
04-22-2012, 03:39 PM
i just watched rec3,i like it,good movie

Lumi
04-22-2012, 06:38 PM
I've only seen [REC] 2. I hated it. It totally spoiled the whole image that [REC] left behind.

dralos
04-22-2012, 06:40 PM
I've only seen [REC] 2. I hated it. It totally spoiled the whole image that [REC] left behind.
i've only seen rec3 in the movies,and i find it quite good,i was just offering some popcorn to a girlfriend of mine when the one of the zombies yelled like a fool lol scarred the shit out of me,dropped the popcorn:D

jerney
04-22-2012, 08:15 PM
I actually liked the American version better because of the ending. In the Spanish version it dealt with a bunch of religious stuff right? It's been a while since I watched either, but I recall a different ending in the American version which I enjoyed more. Other than that though, the movies were practically a carbon copy of one another.

Lumi
04-22-2012, 09:00 PM
I actually liked the American version better because of the ending. In the Spanish version it dealt with a bunch of religious stuff right? It's been a while since I watched either, but I recall a different ending in the American version which I enjoyed more. Other than that though, the movies were practically a carbon copy of one another.

The first [REC] ended with the tv reported being pulled away by the dead girl.
The second [REC] had all the religious stuff in it.

dralos
04-22-2012, 09:02 PM
the third is very religious too,they stop the zombies by saying biblical verses all the time

jerney
04-22-2012, 09:52 PM
The first [REC] ended with the tv reported being pulled away by the dead girl.
The second [REC] had all the religious stuff in it.

oh haha, then yeah, the Spanish version was the one I liked better

Strawberry
04-22-2012, 09:56 PM
Yeah it was scary, i like the spanish one

Comte Arnau
04-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Tbh, REC 1 is the only I liked back in the day. It was original then. I already didn't like REC 2 much, but -even though I like Leticia Dolera- I was clearly disappointed with REC 3, specially when they stop the hand-recorded thing and the film starts to look Hollywoodish. This is the trailer, you can see what I mean.

ADVshkVcAU4

Apparently, Balagueró had little to do with this one (REC 3 Genesis), but he will be in charge of REC 4 Apocalypsis, so I expect the 4 to be better.

I haven't seen the Hollywood remake and frankly, I don't think I do. The only remake of a Spanish movie I've seen was Vanilla Sky (Abre los ojos), and it was copied frame by frame too, just with a different soundtrack.

jerney
04-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Wait, now I'm confused. I could just look it up myself but I'm lazy.. anyway REC 2 the Spanish version is where they go off the deep end with all the religious stuff, or is it the American version that does it?

Incal
04-22-2012, 10:20 PM
I liked both the first and the second one. I'm waiting for the third one.

dralos
04-22-2012, 10:25 PM
I liked both the first and the second one. I'm waiting for the third one.
the third one is out,i've seen it

Incal
04-22-2012, 11:34 PM
the third one is out,i've seen it

Not around here. And probably never will. Just the first one made it here, I watched the second on DVD. I'll have to pay a visit to my pirate dealer for the third one it seems.

sydvice2
04-23-2012, 09:41 AM
rec is one of my favorited european movie

Lumi
04-24-2012, 07:45 PM
Wait, now I'm confused. I could just look it up myself but I'm lazy.. anyway REC 2 the Spanish version is where they go off the deep end with all the religious stuff, or is it the American version that does it?

The Spanish version does.
I dunno about the American version.

Y'know, it's odd. Despite how much that movie scared the living Hell out of me, I wanna see it again xD