PDA

View Full Version : Doris Pack, threatened with a lawsuit George Ivanov

Queen B
04-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Euro Deputy Doris Pack threatened with a lawsuit against FYROM’s President George Ivanov for defamation yesterday, unless he apologizes for a false claim he made regarding her.

“I have issued request to withdraw the statement, because I have not said anything. I have not talked to him and he may not mention my name. If he does not withdraw the statement, I will meet him in court. No matter what country’s he is President I cannot allow anyone to defame my name for personal or political benefit,” the Euro Deputy repeated in a telephone interview for Channel 5.

Ivanov held a press conference in which he claimed that the country is under fierce pressure to resolve the name. In this context as a missed opportunity unveiled an alleged information from the Euro Deputy Doris Pack, that the country could have closed the issue 15 years ago.

Ivanov said in the press conference that the Euro Deputy made such statement when they met during the 15th anniversary of the Srebrenica massacre in July. Doris Pack assured that she hasnever met Ivanov and has not spoken with him on this subject.

The Office of the President clarified that Ivanov had suggested to the rapporteur Doris Pack who was reporting [as Euro Deputy] on the Balkans at that time, there is plenty of information and that she might have witnessed missed opportunities for membership to the EU and NATO under the temporary reference.