PDA

View Full Version : help with diff between keltic nordic and norid

ricko0812
04-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Is there a difference between a norid and keltic nordic? If so, then what is it.

thanks

Artek
04-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Basically, the biggest difference is that Norid looks more like a blonde Dinarid type.
"Keltic Nordic" looks more like a Nordid, just has quite strong Dinaroid admix.

ricko0812
04-28-2012, 06:53 PM
this may be a stupid question, but does that mean that a norid is just a blonde dinarid? Is norid in the nordic spectrum then?

Kalitas
04-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Most of the times Norids take the form of blonde light eyed dinarids, with brachycephalic and planoccipital skulls and convex noses, while Keltic Nordids are just dinarized Nordids, showing mesocephalic and curvoccipital skulls, prominent noses (but almost never convex) and receding jaws.

ricko0812
04-28-2012, 07:06 PM
so i am just trying to soak this all in. so a norid then is just a dinarid that shows more nordic pigmentation but is a dinarid. keltic nordic is a nordic altered by dinarid processes then but not necessarily dinarid admixture? am i getting this right?

Silver Lining
05-08-2018, 06:40 PM
Noric is a blond Dinarid. Keltic-Nordic is Nordid with Dinaroid traits (and perhaps Alpine and early Proto-Mediterranoid), BUT low-skulled, in total contrast to the high-skulled Dinaric.

Wrong
05-08-2018, 06:45 PM
Noric is a blond Dinarid. Keltic-Nordic is Nordid with Dinaroid traits (and perhaps Alpine and early Proto-Mediterranoid), BUT low-skulled, in total contrast to the high-skulled Dinaric.
Most of the Keltic-Nordic plates look high or medium-vaulted.

Silver Lining
06-07-2018, 01:08 PM
Most of the Keltic-Nordic plates look high or medium-vaulted.

occasionally, you are right. But not that pronounced IMO.

Noric=short-headed,Keltic-Nordic:long-or-medium headed

Both could be connected to the Bell Beakers. We now know that they are Indo-European, thus I guess a large factor in the emergence of Keltic Nordics is the Bell Beaker type.

Xacal
06-07-2018, 01:10 PM
Keltic Nordid = depigmented Baskid
Norid = depigmented Dinarid

Wrong
06-08-2018, 12:40 AM
occasionally, you are right. But not that pronounced IMO.

Noric=short-headed,Keltic-Nordic:long-or-medium headed

Both could be connected to the Bell Beakers. We now know that they are Indo-European, thus I guess a large factor in the emergence of Keltic Nordics is the Bell Beaker type.
I am speaking of the cranial HEIGHT, not length or breadth. Cranial height is completely irrelevant to measuring cephalic index.

Prettydambrittish
06-08-2018, 12:44 AM
Is there a chart that shows taxonomic features and names?

Columella
06-08-2018, 07:44 AM
Coon (tRoE 1939)
Noric Pole https://www.theapricity.com/snpa/bilder/troe353.jpg
Keltic Nordic Irish https://www.theapricity.com/snpa/bilder/troe295.jpg

There are similarities, face lenght and nose spine. However from a cranial point of view quite opposite. Noric is round headed, high headed and short headed. KN is longheaded, low headed and with a protruding occiput.
Obviously the can overlap and produce intermediate Types in Britain and Ireland and I guess
In Benelux and N France too.

Columella
06-08-2018, 07:54 AM
Is there a chart that shows taxonomic features and names?

There are many systems, often outdated and conflicting. And most fora users do a pic or mix according to their idea or stick obsessively to one.
Here a long thread with many systems
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?73486-quot-it-is-so-easy-that-a-six-year-old-girl-can-do-it-quot