PDA

View Full Version : Swiss MP: "Germans Stealing Our Jobs"

Dan1
04-30-2012, 11:21 AM
http://www.thelocal.de/money/20120426-42177.html

http://www.natalie-rickli.ch/sites/default/files/225702_1074336177464_1197980758_30220116_5389_n_0. jpg

A right-wing Swiss politician left her audience gobsmacked when she denounced German immigrants who were coming to Switzerland and “stealing our jobs”.

Natalie Rickli is a member of the Swiss People’s Party (SVP), the biggest party in the country, notorious for its anti-immigration campaigns generally directed against Muslims and people of non-white or non-European heritage.

“Honestly, people are getting worried because there are too many Germans living in Switzerland,” she said while taking part in Sunday’s SonnTalk political talk show on the Telezüri channel.

Wednesday’s Frankfurter Rundschau newspaper said she talked of a flood of Germans coming over the border and putting pressure on the job and housing markets. She claimed she had received countless letters from Swiss people who had lost their jobs to young Germans.

“There are many, many Swiss who think like this,” she told the host, but could not give any examples, instead referred to the ‘young Germans’ who were allegedly snapping up jobs.

Other guests on the talk show were shocked by Rickli’s claim, including the head of the Green Liberal Party Martin Bäumle who told Rickli that the idea of preventing Germans from entering Switzerland was “obscene” as the majority of them were doing “a super job.”

The Swiss government just passed a law limiting how many Eastern European immigrants would be granted a work permit this year. The limit applies to eight countries including Poland and Hungary.

The reform has been under discussion for some years in Switzerland and was touched on by Rickli on the television show. She told the host that she wished the law had been passed in 2009, when there was a chance of it including Germany.

Geminus
04-30-2012, 12:27 PM
From what I've read most people in Switzerland have no problems with the Germans. I wouldn't have a problem either if Swiss people moved to Germany...

Aces High
04-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Yes...those pesky Germans obeying the law going to work and not claiming benefits........paying their rent on time and keeping the place clean and tidy....:rolleyes:

Stupid cow.

SilverKnight
05-01-2012, 09:44 PM
2 + 2 = 5 mentality. What about the mussies invading Europe and sucking up her welfare money like a mosquito...

Riki
05-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Today the Germans,tomorrow someone else.
Can't you feel the European desUnion.

Supreme American
05-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Is German being used as codeword for Raghead or Wog or something?

No doubt the "human rights groups" are nipping at her heels as we speak... :coffee:

Supreme American
05-01-2012, 11:14 PM
From what I've read most people in Switzerland have no problems with the Germans. I wouldn't have a problem either if Swiss people moved to Germany...

A lot of Swiss ARE ethnic Germans, are they not?

StonyArabia
05-01-2012, 11:19 PM
A lot of Swiss ARE ethnic Germans, are they not?

Swiss are Germans, French, Italians, and Romanish not Gypos but descendants of the Romans and the Celtic tribes.

Sebastianus Rex
05-02-2012, 01:30 AM
Many people live in France, Germany or Italy near the swiss border and work in Switzerland because the wages are higher but they prefer to live out of Switzerland because housing is cheaper as well the overall living cost. So many thousands cross the border everyday to go to work.

Siberyak
05-02-2012, 01:42 AM
Many people live in France, Germany or Italy near the swiss border and work in Switzerland because the wages are higher but they prefer to live out of Switzerland because housing is cheaper as well the overall living cost. So many thousands cross the border everyday to go to work.

Have a lot of Portuguese gone to Switzerland to work?

Sebastianus Rex
05-02-2012, 02:04 AM
Have a lot of Portuguese gone to Switzerland to work?

Yes, we can say so. Around 200.000 portuguese live in Switzerland and in the last few months due to high unemployement here in Portugal many people are emigrating again, so the number will surely rise.

Here's the main groups of foreign nationals in Switzerland:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Switzerland

-Italians, estimated at roughly 500,000

-Germans and Austrians, estimated at roughly 300,000

-Former Yugoslavia: this includes South Slavs and Kosovo Albanians. Roughly 250,000 Albanians and 250,000 South Slavs (Serbs, Croats, Macedonians)

-Portuguese: 200,000

immigrants from Turkey (several ethnic groups, mostly Turks and Kurds): ca. 120,000

Turks ca. 60,000

Kurds, ca. 60,000[1]

French: 90,000

Spanish: 70,000

Tamils, ca. 50,000

Latin America (various nationalities), ca. 50,000 (including ca. 20,000 Brazilians)

Arabs (North Africa and Near East), ca. 30,000

Sub-Saharan Africa (various ethnic groups), ca. 20,000

ficuscarica
05-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Those numbers sound like paradise. Most immigrants European, rather a small number of muslim immigrants.

Peyrol
05-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Actually, germans are one of the 4 constituent ethnicities

http://www.lexilogos.com/images/suisse_carte.gif

ficuscarica
05-02-2012, 10:22 AM
The allemanic group is the biggest group in Switzerland. But I think they are also the most hostile towards Germans, as most Germans move to these areas and they have to do most with Germans. Also, they don´t see themselves as Germans at all, only as Germanic in an ethnic sense.

Peyrol
05-02-2012, 10:24 AM
The allemanic group is the biggest group in Switzerland. But I think they are also the most hostile towards Germans, as most Germans move to these areas and they have to do most with Germans. Also, they don´t see themselves as Germans at all, only as Germanic in an ethnic sense.

Same for the lombard-swiss in Ticino and Grigioni about other italians.

Anyway, is a great country, i hope they would rest europeans forever

bhj4Rh0ebU0

sturmwalkure
05-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Seriously, this is really sad that she is complaining about Germans when there are thousands of non-Whites in their beautiful country, destroying the gene pool, sucking off welfare, and committing crimes.

Jon Snow
05-03-2012, 01:43 AM
This reminds me of the English media's obsession with Polish (and other Eastern European) immigrants.

Yes, there are far too many of them in England--they drive down the wages of the working class, bring a higher crime rate than is seen amongst the natives, and are a threat culturally and genetically to the existence of the English peoples.

The "conservative" media outlets love to spout off about this (well, not the latter, but the point stands).

What they're too frightened to say, however, is that all of the above negatives are found at much higher levels amongst non-European immigrants, who are significantly more burdensome, violent, and alien than the Poles.

The same cowardly mindset is at work here. Seriously, you're complaining about immigrants from Germany? It'd be nice to see a few more of those here in the States to help balance out the endless brown tidal wave that is sweeping the land.

Quorra
05-03-2012, 02:53 AM
She's being politic. I suppose she's just trying to separate race from immigration.

It's not a bad idea but it'll require patience and a lot of people to get on board.

If you remove the factor of race you can focus on the other issues of immigration like overpopulation and destruction of young Swiss peoples future in economic terms, with out being screamed down at every turn by idiots

I realise as native Europeans it must be hard for you to pretend race is not the issue when it's so very important.

Peyrol
05-03-2012, 09:36 AM
brj2UkUPjCI