PDA

View Full Version : In the eyes of the law, queers are better than the English

Beorn
05-28-2009, 01:19 PM
GAY FLAGS… BUT NO ST GEORGE

Police chiefs were blasted yesterday for flying Gay Pride flags from their stations after snubbing the St George’s cross last month.
Patriotic locals could not believe their eyes when they saw the rainbow flag marking the International Day Against Homophobia.

Last night they accused police top brass of shocking double standards the flags were flying over police stations across Merseyside, including Southport.
Furious resident Freda Barker-Baskerville said: “I was livid when I saw the rainbow flag.

“They are discriminating against the ordinary English person.”

Yesterday the force’s chief constable Bernard Hogan-Howe tried to soothe the anger by revealing that the Merseyside force would pay £300 for a St George’s flag that would be flown from the Merseyside Police HQ in Liverpool next year.Source (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/82403/Gay-flags-but-no-St-George)

Treffie
05-28-2009, 01:30 PM
PCNess at its best, or worst. :rolleyes:

Aemma
05-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Huh, what's the appropriateness of flying that flag on civic property? It doesn't make any sense since it doesn't reflect the entire community does it. Where do you draw the line on such things? Do groups that support heterosexualism now get a flag made up too and ask that it be flying proudly?

This makes no sense to me.

:confused:

Lulletje Rozewater
05-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Huh, what's the appropriateness of flying that flag on civic property? It doesn't make any sense since it doesn't reflect the entire community does it. Where do you draw the line on such things? Do groups that support heterosexualism now get a flag made up too and ask that it be flying proudly?

This makes no sense to me.

:confused:

It does to me>
For every dragon queer there is a St. George that slays it:D