PDA

View Full Version : 'Man Utd fan kills four in Nigeria'

Beorn
05-28-2009, 08:53 PM
'Man Utd fan kills four in Nigeria'

A Manchester United fan in Nigeria has allegedly killed four people when he drove into a crowd of Barcelona supporters after his team's Champions League defeat. Police said the crowd in the town of Ogbo were celebrating Barcelona's victory when the minibus drove into them.
A police spokeswoman said ten people were injured and the driver was arrested.
She said: "The driver had passed the crowd then made a U-turn and ran into them."
Barcelona beat Manchester United 2-0 in what has been hailed as a "dream final" between two of Europe's best clubs.
Both teams have large fan bases in Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation.

Source (http://news.uk.msn.com/world/article.aspx?cp-documentid=147619487&ocid=hotmail)

There's always one who takes it a step further.

It's only a football result.

Óttar
05-28-2009, 11:18 PM
This is exactly why the next World Cup will be held in South Africa. The English fans behaved abominably in Germany, singing songs with lyrics like "My granddad killed your granddad, toora loora..."

Útrám
05-28-2009, 11:24 PM
"Football is not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that" — Bill Shankly

Someone took that literally.

Loyalist
05-29-2009, 03:03 AM
This is exactly why the next World Cup will be held in South Africa. The English fans behaved abominably in Germany, singing songs with lyrics like "My granddad killed your granddad, toora loora..."

Hooliganism is an integral part of the game. And anyway, I much prefer "Ten German Bombers". :cool:

Óttar
05-29-2009, 03:56 AM
Hooliganism is an integral part of the game. And anyway, I much prefer "Ten German Bombers". :cool:

Kind of like (albeit not as fratricidal in sentiment) The Business' "England 5 Germany 1, mine alone is number one."

:rolleyes: Please, that was a friendly.

Beorn
05-29-2009, 05:10 AM

Certainly is. To see the lads from your tiny corner of England chase and beat the crap out of some other lads from another part of England is hilarious to watch.

I much preferred scratching the away fans cars tbh.

:rolleyes: Please, that was a friendly.

When Germany is involved nothing is friendly. To late in our history to consider it anything but.

Btw, my favourite chant is: "Two world wars and one world cup" :D

RoyBatty
05-29-2009, 05:33 AM
One of the best hool movies ever made

http://www.screenonline.org.uk/tv/id/439285/