PDA

View Full Version : Your experiences of the 'gay' scene.

Fortis in Arduis
05-05-2012, 11:31 AM
My experiences have all been negative.

Whenever I have stepped into that environment, I have been shunned and/or hated by its denizens.

It is a toxic environment for me, and was a very dangerous one when I was young and naive; I was singled out, mocked and persecuted, sometimes because of my Christian upbringing and cultural mores, and I fell prey to sexual predators.

Share and discuss:

KidMulat
05-06-2012, 11:43 PM
I just posted something on the preoccupation thread Quorra wrote.

Its been a mixed bag; I have people shun me, I have people who fetishize me, some are rude, some are kind, some hate me and dislike me, some just adore me. I came to this city knowing that they asked for 5 forms of ID for black patrons at a night club and that the owner bought the "black club" (really it was a club for white men into black men) and closed it down in retaliation.

Most of the people I know through my organization are fighters, we are easily fooled and more often than not we keep eachother out of harms way. Surprisingly the nicest LGBT people have been older white guys; although MANY are creepers others really enjoy the conversations we have and are surprised I know much of anything :confused: but I think thats because most gay boys my age are just mindless. The queer kids on the other hang although they tend to parrot what their professors teach them atleast try to gain something mentally.

Il Principe
05-17-2012, 12:40 AM
My experiences with the gay scene are also mostly negative, and left me with a feeling of disappointment and disgust.

As a sex-centered subculture, it's essentially materialistic and all about shallow fun. Such a movement has nowhere to go and only degenerates into brainless hedonism over time, which is why I don't frequent the "LGBT scene" anymore. There are many gay people who, like myself, grow out of that "teenage phase" and lead mature lives that don't only revolve around fucking and partying. But they're not the visible group.

Sikeliot
05-17-2012, 01:55 AM
I don't get involved with gay "culture" or a gay "lifestyle".. my sexual interest in men does not affect anything other than my relationships themselves, so I should say I am not involved with a gay 'scene'.

Rouxinol
01-28-2013, 10:05 AM
I am understanding gay scene here in the context of going out at night to gay clubs or hanging out with gay friends and stuff, like in "Queer As Folk". My experiences on that are mostly negative. When I "got out of the closet" I got addicted to it and I actually liked it, and I was addicted to going out at night to find a date with whom to flirt with... I was in my late teens so I was just enjoying it. But at some point it did get tiring because it's way too much centered on sexuality and the mere cult of the body with no sense of lifelong commitment. I'm tired of it... I feel like that sort of shallow behavior is not sufficient to fulfill me on the long term.

Hurrem sultana
01-28-2013, 10:16 AM
I think those that are part of the "scene" are contributing to the stereotypes and also hate

redeyednewt
08-03-2018, 10:10 PM
My friends who are gay men told me how they do not like the whole gay scene and find it to be overrated. Or some said how they liked the bars and dance clubs when they were younger but then grew out of them, and got tired of them.

Zroota
08-04-2018, 05:08 AM
I don't get involved with gay "culture" or a gay "lifestyle".. my sexual interest in men does not affect anything other than my relationships themselves, so I should say I am not involved with a gay 'scene'.
Me neither.

These days the "gay scene" has become a far-leftist, anarchist, political movement. Just almost as bad as the far-right, but without the religious undertone, and also like radical feminism. Just the same way modern feminism doesn't speak for all women, the LGBT scene doesn't speak for all gays and it shouldn't represent them in any way.

I'm just a dude who likes other dudes. There are no strings attached.

Mortimer
08-04-2018, 05:24 AM
I had never any contact with the gay scene.