PDA

View Full Version : Getting back with an ex?

Hurrem sultana
05-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Do you ever go back,yes or no? is there an ex you wish you had an other chance with?

Mraz
05-06-2012, 04:51 PM
No way I go back to her lol.
When it's over, it's over, better
to turn the page than suffer.

Hurrem sultana
05-06-2012, 05:01 PM

It is not always that simple :)

Mraz
05-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Well, in my case it's simple :D
but you're maybe right, when someone you love
drops you, it's probably more complicated.

Osprey
05-06-2012, 05:11 PM
I do not believe in concept of 'exes'
For me, there is only one partner for life

dralos
05-06-2012, 05:16 PM
you muslims,always using women as sh*t:mad:
switching partners like swtiching clothes is certantely not common in belgium:D

Hurrem sultana
05-06-2012, 05:17 PM
I do not believe in concept of 'exes'
For me, there is only one partner for life

So you have had only one gf in your life ?

Germanicus
05-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Getting back with my exwife is as likely as me getting a knighthood for doing charity work in Pakistan.:coffee:

Hurrem sultana
05-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Getting back with my exwife is as likely as me getting a knighthood for doing charity work in Pakistan.:coffee:

so romantic :D

Germanicus
05-06-2012, 05:24 PM
so romantic :D

As a hardened bitter and twisted rejected male i could have posted something a little bit more adult, but i think you get my meaning.:(

Osprey
05-06-2012, 05:27 PM
So you have had only one gf in your life ?

Yes
And that woman became my wife

Hurrem sultana
05-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Yes

that is great,and i hope it will happen to me too.

dralos
05-06-2012, 05:38 PM
that is great,and i hope it will happen to me too.
judging from your behaviour i doubt it

Hurrem sultana
05-06-2012, 05:41 PM
judging from your behaviour i doubt it

not that i behave same on forums and live,but why?

dralos
05-06-2012, 05:44 PM
not that i behave same on forums and live,but why?
you act like a catholic girl(muslim version),all good when it's day but night true face is shown,you have very biased views

arcticwolf
05-06-2012, 05:46 PM

Thank God there are still a few dudes like you here, you made me spit my coffee out. :D

Hurrem sultana
05-06-2012, 05:51 PM
you act like a catholic girl(muslim version),all good when it's day but night true face is shown,you have very biased views

:eek:

but guys like that usually:D:coffee:

dralos
05-06-2012, 05:54 PM
:eek:

but guys like that usually:D:coffee:
so you admit you're naughty in RL while here pretending to be some kind of holly virgin?
they're fun for sex but not for more:coffee:

Mraz
05-06-2012, 05:57 PM
You guys should stay close to the subject,
otherwise people will again tell me to go back to Bosnia
:)

Vasconcelos
05-06-2012, 06:00 PM
God, don't you ever do such a mistake lol

Hurrem sultana
05-06-2012, 06:02 PM
so you admit you're naughty in RL while here pretending to be some kind of holly virgin?
they're fun for sex but not for more:coffee:

I have no idea what you are talking about ,and no i am not like that in real life what i said about me is absolute truth.You have strange comments,please stick to the topic

Kazimiera
05-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Nope.

When a relationship is over it is over. It would not be over if there was nothing wrong with it to start off.

It's a bit of a hard concept. When I was in my early 20's I totally believed that "people can change" or "if we try hard enough" or "if we put more effort in" or "we must be more tolerant". All the blah blah which you believe when you are 20 and are in your first relationship. You see the world through rose-coloured glasses and are fully convinced that "bad stuff won't happen to us because we are so in love"...

In my years I have learnt that a broken relationship is like a porcelain cup. You can glue it back together again, but it will never be the same again.

For me, when its over its over. And I'm also against this "let's stay friends" business. It doesn't work. At least not for me. If you don't want to be in a relationship with someone and you don't want them in your life, why still stay friends?

For me it is a rather cut-and-dried process now. I've been married twice. I've had my fair share of fucked-up relationships that didn't work for whatever reason. When I was younger it was terribly hard. I have clearer vision now and when something doesn't work, it just doesn't.

But unfortunately the wisdom that comes with age doesn't come without hard knocks and tears.

Comte Arnau
05-06-2012, 06:16 PM
I also wouldn't recommend it at all. Unless it's been a short separation due to something stupid, it's much better not to go back and commit the same mistake again. It is human, but from an intelligent point of view, it should be avoided. When something has broken, it's broken. You can fix it, but the cracks are there. And second parts were never good, except for The Godfather.

Germanicus
05-06-2012, 06:19 PM
I also wouldn't recommend it at all. Unless it's been a short separation due to something stupid, it's much better not to go back and commit the same mistake again. It is human, but from an intelligent point of view, it should be avoided. When something has broken, it's broken. You can fix it, but the cracks are there. And second parts were never good, except for The Godfather.

Good post.

On the other hand you can be assured you had the best years out of her, and after that everything else was sloppy.!:coffee:

Grumpy Cat
05-06-2012, 06:24 PM
I am getting back with my ex when he moves back here. We broke up when he took a job out West five years ago. But we talked everyday on MSN or the phone, even when we were in other relationships. It worked out I guess.

Hurrem sultana
05-06-2012, 06:25 PM
I am getting back with my ex when he moves back here. We broke up when he took a job out West five years ago. But we talked everyday on MSN or the phone, even when we were in other relationships. It worked out I guess.

I am in a similar situation,although for me it is not sure whether we will get back together.Thing is these kind of stories are not similar to those that most of you talk about, here nothing "broke" so to speak:coffee:

Kazimiera
05-06-2012, 06:29 PM
I am in a similar situation,although for me it is not sure whether we will get back together.Thing is these kind of stories are not similar to those that most of you talk about, here nothing "broke" so to speak:coffee:

In that case, why not? If nothing was broken and all that existed between you was distance then I don't see what the problem is. But people also change. Especially if you have been apart for a number of years, you have been through things and so has he.

You remember the person he was you fell in love with x-amount of years before. And he remembers you in the same way. But many things have come and gone since then which may or may not make you more compatible than you were back then.

dralos
05-06-2012, 06:32 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about ,and no i am not like that in real life what i said about me is absolute truth.You have strange comments,please stick to the topic
you never do:coffee:

Grumpy Cat
05-06-2012, 06:40 PM
In that case, why not? If nothing was broken and all that existed between you was distance then I don't see what the problem is. But people also change. Especially if you have been apart for a number of years, you have been through things and so has he.

You remember the person he was you fell in love with x-amount of years before. And he remembers you in the same way. But many things have come and gone since then which may or may not make you more compatible than you were back then.

Well in our case we talked every day.

Mortimer
05-06-2012, 06:41 PM
i dont have an "ex"

Kazimiera
05-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Well in our case we talked every day.

Even better then! And good luck!

Hurrem sultana
05-06-2012, 06:47 PM

It has been only around 9 months since our breakup,and we did talk for most of the time,,almost every day :)

PetiteParisienne
05-06-2012, 06:50 PM
I think it depends on what ended the relationship. If it was due to external circumstances, then you may have a decent shot at making it work. But if hearts were broken due to hurtful actions from one or both parties, then it's probably best to move on.

Supreme American
05-06-2012, 06:52 PM

Views are biased by definition.

Hurrem sultana
05-06-2012, 06:52 PM
I think it depends on what ended the relationship. If it was due to external circumstances, then you may have a decent shot at making it work. But if hearts were broken due to hurtful actions from one or both parties, then it's probably best to move on.

I tend to agree with this mostly,although i do know about cases where one part hurt the other and they got back later on,and are still together now

PetiteParisienne
05-06-2012, 06:55 PM
I tend to agree with this mostly,although i do know about cases where one part hurt the other and they got back later on,and are still together now

I'm sure it happens. Every couple has a different dynamic.

Comte Arnau
05-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Good post.

On the other hand you can be assured you had the best years out of her, and after that everything else was sloppy.!:coffee:

You're very right. Indeed, even if the break's been sad, I try to remember mainly the good moments. After all you've shared a part of your life with that person. The fact that roller coaster rides had an end shouldn't stop you from remembering how you enjoyed it at the peak.

Incal
05-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Well if it's like the case Acadian said, then yeah, it could be possible... though time and distance change people. I went through something similar.

evon
05-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Its not a problem as such, but it will require more work to get over the bumps...i mostly have experience with getting back with someone who moved away and then came back, so the relationship never really ended as such...

SilverKnight
05-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Nope I'm very happy with the girl I'm with now, I gave my ex too many chances..

Grumpy Cat
05-06-2012, 08:24 PM
The ex I am getting back with is a forensic anthropologist BTW.

Although it's kind of a testament to how bad my area has degenerated over the years that he can find permanent work here. I blame OxyContin.

StonyArabia
05-08-2012, 04:20 AM
Never had that problem. I am looking for a Virgin like myself in everything you can say:cool:, but I don't really need to.

Blackout
08-29-2013, 07:51 PM
Yes

At what age did you get married?

Grenzland
08-31-2013, 01:55 PM
No. And I don't want to be friends with them... ;)

mr. logan
08-31-2013, 02:13 PM
Burnt bridge.

Germanicus
08-31-2013, 06:46 PM
For me, when its over its over. And I'm also against this "let's stay friends" business. It doesn't work. .

True words.
For the people that know me well, they know I still carry the knife firmly imbedded in my back.
In the 9 years since my divorce to the mother of my children, I have only used 1-2 words in a Conversation, and those conversations can be counted on one hand.
For an outgoing extrovert who she knows well, would notice that I am still an unhappy bunny. :coffee:

armenianbodyhair
08-31-2013, 09:00 PM
Probably not a wise decision.

larali
08-31-2013, 09:03 PM
My ex asked me to marry him after we broke up. I said no.... the relationship was a failure for a reason.

We did try to be friends for a while but that didn't work, either.

Manifest Destiny
09-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Generally speaking, your ex is your ex for a reason. Move along, folks. Nothing to see here.