PDA

View Full Version : Whale Wars: Viking Shores

Grumpy Cat
05-10-2012, 01:13 AM
Has anyone been watching this? It's about the Sea Shepherd trying to stop the grind (whale hunt) in the Faroe Islands. Paul Watson makes me ashamed to be Canadian.

The grind is a part of the Faroese culture, and it's not like the people have much else to eat up there. :rolleyes:

IihgXzZxI0I

Pallantides
05-10-2012, 01:19 AM
Do they do the same with Inuits who hunt whale? :coffee:

I remember PETA had a campagin against Saami reindeer herding, but there was never a mention about Siberian reindeer herding which is a fairly simillar practice... I guess when a blonde Saami girl bites the balls of a reindeer it's sick but when a Yakut does it, it's a beautiful part of their culture:D

rashka
05-10-2012, 01:20 AM
Leave the whales alone.

Grumpy Cat
05-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Do they do the same with Inuits who hunt whale? :coffee:

I remember PETA had a campagin against Saami reindeer herding, but there was never a mention about Siberian reindeer herding... I guess when a blonde Saami girl bites the balls of a reindeer it's sick but when a Yakut does it, it's a beautiful part of their culture:D

No, not really, although they harassed the Makah Indians in Washington State, and yelled racial slurs at them.

David Yeagely - The Only Good Indian is a Liberal Indian (http://www.badeagle.com/2001/02/07/the-only-good-indian-is-a-liberal-indian/)

The Makah Indians are under attack. And it’s not from the U.S. cavalry. Enraged environmentalists have descended on the little tribe in Neah Bay, Washington. They are attacking not with guns but with court orders, physical bullying and racial insults shouted through megaphones.

Pallantides
05-10-2012, 01:23 AM
No, not really, although they harassed the Makah Indians in Washington State, and yelled racial slurs at them.

David Yeagely - The Only Good Indian is a Liberal Indian (http://www.badeagle.com/2001/02/07/the-only-good-indian-is-a-liberal-indian/)

Sorry for OT but that David fellow looks more European than Amerindian:D:p

Grumpy Cat
05-10-2012, 01:28 AM
Sorry for OT but that David fellow looks more European than Amerindian:D:p

He is very Amerindian. He is the grandson of Commanche chief Bad Eagle.

Grumpy Cat
05-10-2012, 01:32 AM
Leave the whales alone.

No. Leave the Faroese alone.

Pallantides
05-10-2012, 01:32 AM
He is very Amerindian. He is the grandson of Commanche chief Bad Eagle.

I did a search for him and found this:

David A. Yeagley is a white supremacist who poses as a Comanche
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg238/scaled.php?server=238&filename=yeagleycrossfh1.jpg&res=landing

Grumpy Cat
05-10-2012, 01:46 AM
I did a search for him and found this:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg238/scaled.php?server=238&filename=yeagleycrossfh1.jpg&res=landing

:lol: Where did you find that? On some far-leftist website???

Dude looks Amerindian to me.

Even then far-leftists believe you don't have to be white to be a white supremacist.

Pallantides
05-10-2012, 01:52 AM
Dude looks Amerindian to me.

:eek:

He looks like white dude to me(at least he seem to have more European ancestry than Amerindian ancestry based on looks)... if I saw this guy my first reaction would not be "thats a Native American!"
http://sandiegojewishworld.com/2009-SDJW-Quarter1/20090121-yeagley.jpg
http://www.loonwatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/yeagley.jpg

Grumpy Cat
05-10-2012, 01:54 AM
I lived on a reserve in my early childhood he would not turn many heads there.

Pallantides
05-10-2012, 01:57 AM
I lived on a reserve in my early childhood he would not turn many heads there.

I guess it can not be that difficult doing cover operations among them then as long as you're not blonde and blue eyed maybe.:p

Grumpy Cat
05-10-2012, 02:00 AM
I guess it can not be that difficult doing cover operations among them then as long as you're not blonde and blue eyed maybe.:p

Maybe. I am white and when there was a serial killer going around in my hometown killing Native children, my mother didn't let me walk home from school because she thought I might be mistaken for Native.

SilverKnight
05-10-2012, 02:04 AM
Has anyone been watching this? It's about the Sea Shepherd trying to stop the grind (whale hunt) in the Faroe Islands. Paul Watson makes me ashamed to be Canadian.

The grind is a part of the Faroese culture, and it's not like the people have much else to eat up there. :rolleyes:

IihgXzZxI0I

Yep we watch and love that show aired in Animal Planet. I think that the people from these islands are heartless by killing these smart and social creatures! . Yes they need to feed themselves, but there are other things in nature they could it that doesn't to be these whales.

I support Paul Watson and his team!.

Pallantides
05-10-2012, 02:06 AM
I support the Faroese and tommorow I'm going to buy some whale meat.:thumb001:

Grumpy Cat
05-10-2012, 02:14 AM
It's airing in Canada and Canadians don't know much about the Faroes (I do because I am partially of Faroese descent and have been there).

Probably the goal of the show was to give the Faroes bad PR but in reality most people I've talked to are on the Faroese's side.

The folks trolling the Sea Shepherd at the pier were priceless.

I respect the Faroese. What is not shown about the hunt is that the people make no money off of it. It is not a capital venture. They use every part of the whale, nothing goes to waste. Also, they distribute the meat throughout the community and the poor, sick, and elderly get first pick of the meat. We selfish North Americans can learn a thing or two.

augusto
05-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Killing animals is good for the human soul and its what people in remote areas did to survive and to protect their livestock until quite recently, shooting a cougar was a great experience and even the World Conservation Union list it as a species of 'least concern'.
If people can't take out their aggression on animals they are more likey to take it out on other people thats one of the problems with armchair conservationists & western sentimental society. Most kids these days don't even know where their meat comes from they just think its made in a factory.