PDA

View Full Version : Policeman admits murdering Dutch 12-year-old

Arne
05-10-2012, 01:49 AM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/texasmom55/Misc%20News%2017%20032010/MillyBoele_1.jpg

Policeman admits murdering Dutch 12-year-old

Published on 17 March 2010 - 7:38am

A policeman in the southern Dutch city of Dordrecht has confessed to murdering Milly Boele, a 12-year-old girl who went missing last week. The girl's body was found late last night buried in the man's garden, just metres from her own home.

At a press conference, a public prosecutor’s office spokesman said the 26-year-old police officer has admitted taking Milly to his house, killing her and burying the body. The police do not know what his motive was for killing the girl. The spokesman could not say whether she had been sexually assaulted. The results of a post mortem will be known by Friday at the earliest.

On Tuesday, the officer went to a police station and confessed to the murder. His garden was searched and the body found late on Tuesday night. The man is reported to have recently bought the house where he was living with his girlfriend. It is just across the road from the Boele family home.

The prosecution spokesman said the police had interviewed the officer during general investigations of men living near Milly. His story was “not easily corroborated” and he was questioned again. With the net closing, he apparently confessed to his girlfriend, who convinced him to turn himself in.

So close
Reacting on Dutch television to the news of the discovery of Milly's body, neighbours expressed shock that, after a week of nationwide searches, the young girl had been found so close to her home.

Students at the murdered girl’s school are said to be deeply shocked by what has happened. A school spokeswoman says many of them will need support.

Criticism
An 'Amber Alert' was issued when Milly Boele disappeared from her home in Dordrecht, near Rotterdam, on Wednesday last week. Posters appeared around the country, there were TV appeals for information, and billboards alongside motorways also displayed images of the missing child. Posters were also displayed at Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport as fears rose that the girl had been abducted and possibly taken abroad.

More than 250 tips came in to police after the Amber Alert was launched, but there was criticism too. Amber Alert director, Frank Hoen, says the police should have raised this nationwide alarm much earlier than they did. It was not given until 17 hours after Milly disappeared. Experts say an Amber Alert is much more effective if issued in the first few hours following a disappearance.

There are question marks about the future funding of the Amber Alert system in the Netherlands, but caretaker Justice Minister Ernst Hirsch Ballin told parliament this week that he wants funding to continue.

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/amber-alert-milly-boele-body-found

Thereīs so much Crime in the Netherlands when even the local Police canīt be trusted anymore..
That happened not far away from here..:(

Supreme American
05-10-2012, 02:14 AM
At least in the US, they're supposed to subject possible police recruits to psychological testing.

Arne
05-10-2012, 02:27 AM
At least in the US, they're supposed to subject possible police recruits to psychological testing.

Itīs a messed up and Corrupted Place where we living in.

Maybe this guy was high on drugs.

Holle Bolle Gijss
05-12-2012, 01:42 AM
This guy is only one of many I'm afraid...

In the last year alone 3 Dutch po's commited suicide using their service weapon and in two cases they took the life of someone else first.

The most remarkable case was a copper walking into a crowded supermarket and gunning down a cassierre -who turned out to be his ex gf- before shooting himself.

And no Arne, none of the incidents were cause of drug use or mis-use.

The Lawspeaker
05-13-2012, 12:13 PM
I think they do the same thing here too so I am at a loss of why there is this sudden wave.

Holle Bolle Gijss
05-13-2012, 12:41 PM
I think they do the same thing here too so I am at a loss of why there is this sudden wave.
They should indeed... However if one believes the news then 90% of Dutch police personel is not annually psych evaluated nor do they have the mandatory fire-arm training. All of wich ofcourse has to do with being severely understaffed.

If I look back at the time when I was growing up coppers wore their side-arms more for intimidation than for actual use. Nowadays reading the Dutch news we learn that there are more then five fire-arm involved arrests or even kills every week.

Conclusion; Coppers are more pressured in how they perform on the job in a country with a severe crime rate. Going up against criminals that are not shy of using lethal force. With no training in how to handle themselfs psychologicly and afterall ultimately being human and having to deal with personal issues aswell, at some point something obviously snaps.