PDA

View Full Version : Is Germany part of Western Europe ?

Arne
05-10-2012, 01:22 PM
For me it clearly is.
I refer austria as center europe

In my own Views i´m fully Western and grown up in Western Culture.
Germany to me is only the West German part cause this Eastern Slavs in Germany gave us nothing important.

Comte Arnau
05-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Yes, natürlich.

Only in classifications in which Central is an option, it would belong to Central Europe.

Arne
05-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Yes, natürlich.

Only in classifications in which Central is an option, it would belong to Central Europe.

Some Eastern Germans thought of Germany to be Central Europe.
But in Viewpoint and Culture Germany is quite Western just like Spain.
It´s a bit delicate Question.
I´d never seen myself taking his part in Center Europe.
Maybe, people will disagree, but i wouldn´t see my Country as a the Central of Europe to sound more "important"

Tor-mentor
05-10-2012, 02:36 PM
I'd say West.

Albion
05-11-2012, 12:00 AM
The bit that counts is Western, the bit that doesn't is Eastern / Central European.

http://www.asij.ac.jp/highschool/academic/ss/mwh10/Dan/Second%20Semester/Cold%20War/dividedgermany.jpg
The British, French and American zones on this map

Damião de Góis
05-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Greece and Finland are western to me so...

Sikeliot
05-11-2012, 12:51 AM
Western as opposed to Eastern, but I generally call them Central Europe.

Siegfried
05-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Culturally-Western

Geographically-Central

cossackpride
05-11-2012, 01:04 AM
If Charlemagne did not Germanize the Germania Slavs, would they still be considered Western..?

Siegfried
05-11-2012, 01:07 AM
If Charlemagne did not Germanize the Germania Slavs, would they still be considered Western..?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVuvncNWCeQIMga4n6raEZvuHxG-AmsICM0pEZjvBplTU6X_Qq-U6m33-U
Pan-Slavic pseudo-science you get from the average Slavic nationalist.

Supreme American
05-11-2012, 01:19 AM
I grew up in the cold war so I am very accustomed to viewing the countries on the opposite side of the Iron Curtain as eastern Europe. I think that's pretty accurate, anyway, though. Basically Slavic countries.

cossackpride
05-11-2012, 01:27 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVuvncNWCeQIMga4n6raEZvuHxG-AmsICM0pEZjvBplTU6X_Qq-U6m33-U
Pan-Slavic pseudo-science you get from the average Slavic nationalist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y_KNYNzN6A

Search in your heart and follow your feelings. You Germans are one of us.. "One of us.. one of us" It's a choice between Multicultural Western Europeans (darkside) or Eastern Europe (light side).. :)

Germans just need to be re-educated. ;)

Siegfried
05-11-2012, 07:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y_KNYNzN6A

Search in your heart and follow your feelings. You Germans are one of us.. "One of us.. one of us" It's a choice between Multicultural Western Europeans (darkside) or Eastern Europe (light side).. :)

Germans just need to be re-educated. ;)

One of us who? Slavs? Quite a few Germans have some sort of Slavic ancestry, be it more recent or one thousand years old, but in the end, Germans are just that: Germans, not Slavs in denial.

Germans are not Eastern Europeans; becoming Eastern European is not something that the Germans should choose to become. Germany is a Western country that needs to get rid of it's multikulti mess, not become Eastern Eurpean.

Albion
05-11-2012, 07:23 PM

The Wends would have become Germans eventually. ;)

purple
05-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Of course. Geographically they are a border between Central and Western Europe, but culturally, politically and even linguistically, they are part of the Western European sphere. I think there shouldn't be any hesitation on this subject:rolleyes:

gandalf
05-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Exactly , Germany is the last Western before Eastern Poland .

Even thought the east of Germany could be eastern european .

Aces High
05-12-2012, 07:35 PM
I dont know about western,i always consider the German brothers northern European.........even the Austrians.

aeiou
07-04-2012, 08:22 PM
I dont know about western,i always consider the German brothers northern European.........even the Austrians.

I also consider Austria as Northern Europe in cultural, ethnical and mental issues. I think we have basically much more in common with Scandinavian countries than with, say, our neighbour Italy.

Regarding West-East we are Western Europe, of course.

Mordid
07-04-2012, 08:25 PM
I also consider Austria as Northern Europe in cultural, ethnical and mental issues. I think we have basically much more in common with Scandinavian countries than with, say, our neighbour Italy.
I find that hard to believe.

aimar
07-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Rurh-west
berlin-east

Incel King
07-12-2012, 10:45 AM

Same situation with (ex) Yugoslavia, I consider us as Eastern European although we're geographically considered as Southern or sometimes South-Eastern Europe and Balkanites, because we have much more in common with Russia, Ukraine than with our neighbor Albania or even with Spain which is not our neighbor but considered as Southern European like us.

Corvus
07-12-2012, 10:50 AM

It is very unlikely that Austria has more in common with Scandinavia than with Italy ethnically and culturally.
This is more wishfull thinking, but of most Austrians not only of you :D

Geminus
07-12-2012, 02:27 PM
I think it's hard to put Germany in a North- South- East- or West scheme. So you can probably talk about a German "Sonderweg"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonderweg

Tanaya
08-05-2012, 08:52 PM
For me it clearly is.
I refer austria as center europe

In my own Views i´m fully Western and grown up in Western Culture.
Germany to me is only the West German part cause this Eastern Slavs in Germany gave us nothing important.

North and East Germans are the most superior Germans.

You don't know what you're talking you Dutch Baboon!

The Lawspeaker
08-06-2012, 04:29 PM
North and East Germans are the most superior Germans.

You don't know what you're talking you Dutch Baboon!

He is about as Dutch as bratwurst, Bach and bier. Or perhaps as Dutch as Vlad Dracul, cărnaţi and borş de burechiuşe. Or some say that he would be as Dutch as pick-pocketing, begging and fraud.

Ushtari
08-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Germany is eastern europe

Ushtari
08-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Netherlands as a whole is more northern than Germany and thus more superior.

Leliana
08-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Germany is eastern europe

Is trolling the center of your life, Albanian amoebia? :picard1:

xajapa
08-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Yes. Even with the addition of the former East Germany, Germany, as it stands today, is culturally and societally western European in every sense of the word.

The Lawspeaker
08-06-2012, 04:57 PM
He is about as Dutch as bratwurst, Bach and bier. Or perhaps as Dutch as Vlad Dracul, cărnaţi and borş de burechiuşe. Or some say that he would be as Dutch as pick-pocketing, begging and fraud.

And that he fell off the trailer when the tribe was begging it's way through Germany.. and thus he got himself a German passport.

RoyBatty
08-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Germany is obviously Western, Northern and Central European. How many dumbass posters does it take to figure out something so obvious. :picard1:

And why are the thread and poll titles different? Which genius is responsible for this?

Osprey
08-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Germans are geographically Central.
Racially, a mix of Western and Northern.
Ambitiously Eastern.
And Culturally Northern, more than Western, methinks.
Brit or Steretypically Western culture consists of Spanish, Brythonic and Basque influence.
Germans are Teutons.

The Lawspeaker
08-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Ambitiously Eastern.
Brit or Steretypically Western culture consists of Spanish, Brythonic and Basque influence.
Germans are Teutons.
No one uses that word anymore these days. :picard1::D

SKYNET
08-06-2012, 05:23 PM
without a jewish political crap i'd say that between Germany and Netherlands should be one brothership, because both countries are Germanic.

The Lawspeaker
08-06-2012, 05:25 PM
without a jewish political crap i'd say that between Germany and Netherlands should be one brothership, because both countries are Germanic.

I, for one, am very proud of our independence.

SKYNET
08-06-2012, 05:27 PM
I, for one, am very proud of our independence.

Sorry, I mean a respect between two countries :D

The Lawspeaker
08-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Sorry, I mean a respect between two countries :D

O.K. Good to know.

Osprey
08-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Dutch are an intelligent people. But a little more xenophilic than Germans.

Osprey
08-06-2012, 05:30 PM
No one uses that word anymore these days. :picard1::D

I like it.
It reminds me of the Teutonic Knights :)

The Lawspeaker
08-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Dutch are an intelligent people. But a little more xenophilic than Germans.

We are traditionally a nation of traders. And that means that we came and come into contact with foreigners more often than a rural people like the Germans (until their industrial revolution).

Geminus
08-06-2012, 06:00 PM
I like it.
It reminds me of the Teutonic Knights :)

Yep, Teutons somehow sounds cool :thumb001:

beaver
08-06-2012, 06:42 PM
YES! Germans are a part of the Western Europe! For sure.
Idiotic questions.

Xenomorph
08-06-2012, 06:46 PM
No, it's a province of China.

Albion
08-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Yep, Teutons somehow sounds cool :thumb001:

Yeah, renaming 'Germanic peoples' as 'Teutonic peoples' would probably make the other Germanics feel better because most people have no idea what Teutons were. :p

Tanaya
08-06-2012, 08:31 PM

Dutch People aren't superior to Germans.

Germans are the most superior Europeans.

Dutch People are like 70% British People mixed with 30% West Germans.

You're like a lower Version of West Germans.

Corvus
08-06-2012, 08:32 PM

Ushtari is Albanian :D

Graus
08-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Dont say anything wrong or we make western Europe part of Germany

Tanaya
08-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Ambitiously Eastern.
Germans are Teutons.

Where do you see a Basque Influence in our Culture?

beaver
08-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Dont say anything wrong or we make western Europe part of Germany
Its just a real situation.
All Russians know - it's bad idea to fight against Germans (there can be serious problems)

But if the Germans are first we'are saint then

Balmung
08-06-2012, 08:48 PM

The Chart of top world superiority:

1. Americans
2. Brits (English 1st, Scottish 2nd....sorry scot bros but England had more revolutional world changing theories/movements)
3. Germans
4. Italians/Spaniards (I couldn't decide)
5. French
6. Dutch
7. Greeks
8. Russians
9. Japanese/Chinese
10. Canadians
11. The Jews (I put them down further for giving the world Ron Jeremy, we didn't need that jews!)

Mordid
08-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Germany is Eastern Europe.

Good to see you admit it. ;)

Tanaya
08-06-2012, 09:15 PM

1. Americans
2. Brits (English 1st, Scottish 2nd....sorry scot bros but England had more revolutional world changing theories/movements)
3. Germans
5. French
6. Dutch
7. Greeks
8. Russians
9. Japanese/Chinese
10. Canadians
11. The Jews (I put them down further for giving the world Ron Jeremy, we didn't need that jews!)

1. Germans

2. Russians

3. French

British People and Americans are overrated. They did almost no basic Inventions.

Asians aren't really superior, they're just good in Copying and Adopting what superior People created.

Albion
08-06-2012, 09:17 PM

Eh? Brits (English) came from the Netherlands and NW Germany, the Dutch didn't come from England. :p

Albion
08-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Germany is Central and Eastern Europe.

Racially we're Central and Eastern Europeans.

Culturally we're more like Poles and Russians than like Brits, Norwegians or some Crap.

We have no Basque Culture, we have Polka, Costumes and Lederhosen.

I don't know, North East France is a lot more like Germany than Poles are. I've always thought Germans were more like Danes, Dutch, Austrians, Swiss and North East French.

Norwegians and Brits are more different though, we're not German wannabes like most of Central Europe. ;)

Balmung
08-06-2012, 09:20 PM
British People and Americans are overrated. They did almost no basic Inventions.

Are you trolling about the British? Infact more of their inventions came from ethnic English & Scots than Germany's who had a larger portion of their innovations contributed by German Jews. Many of the great German scientist were jews. Which is quite ironic when you think about history.

Albion
08-06-2012, 09:21 PM

1. Brits (English 1st, Scottish 2nd....sorry scot bros but England had more revolutional world changing theories/movements)
2. Americans
3. Germans
5. French
6. Dutch
7. Greeks
8. Russians
9. Japanese/Chinese
10. Canadians

Brit junior belongs in second place. :thumb001:

Tanaya
08-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Eh? Brits (English) came from the Netherlands and NW Germany, the Dutch didn't come from England. :p

Not really ;)

They're Island Celts mixed with French and Romans.

Balmung
08-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Brit junior belongs in second place. :thumb001:

Fine, you win this time!

Sultan Suleiman
08-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Asians aren't really superior, they're just good in Copying and Adopting what superior People created.

:picard2: :lol:

Tanaya
08-06-2012, 09:25 PM
I don't know, North East France is a lot more like Germany than Poles are. I've always thought Germans were more like Danes, Dutch, Austrians, Swiss and North East French.

Norwegians and Brits are more different though, we're not German wannabes like most of Central Europe. ;)

British People are one of our biggest Groupies ;)

Albion
08-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Not really ;)

They're Island Celts mixed with French and Romans.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

We're Celts + Germanics. The Norman French only numbered a few thousand, they left more of a cultural than a genetic impact.
Romans largely left after Britannia was abandoned but most "Roman" settlers and soldiers had come from Gaul and the Rhine frontier instead of Italy itself.

Insuperable
08-06-2012, 09:27 PM
--

beaver
08-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Are you trolling about the British?

That excellent and beautiful times when we were enemy.

Balmung
08-06-2012, 09:30 PM
:picard1:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_Jewish_scientists

:picard2:

What i said went entirely over your head. Noone said anything about there not being British Jewish scientist. What i did say was more of Germany's contributions were by German Jews than Britains were.

As usual you are quick to the defense, without actualy reading and comprehending.

Insuperable
08-06-2012, 09:31 PM
:picard2:

What i said went entirely over your head. Noone said anything about there not being British Jewish scientist. What i did say was more of Germany's contributions were by Germans Jews than Britains were.

As usual you are quick to the defense, without actualy reading and comprehending.

In any case what you say is not true

Albion
08-06-2012, 09:35 PM
British People are one of our biggest Groupies ;)

Alright then. :D

Tanaya
08-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Are you trolling about the British? Infact more of their inventions came from ethnic English & Scots than Germany's who had a larger portion of their innovations contributed by German Jews. Many of the great German scientist were jews. Which is quite ironic when you think about history.

Germans invented the Car, the TV, the Computer, the Phone, the Bacteriology, Beer, the Letterpress, the Dynamo, the Helicopter, the Jeans, the Refrigerator, etc...

Nikolaus Kopernikus the great German recognized that the World is no Plate.

We're the fucking superior Master People.

Tanaya
08-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

We're Celts + Germanics. The Norman French only numbered a few thousand, they left more of a cultural than a genetic impact.
Romans largely left after Britannia was abandoned but most "Roman" settlers and soldiers had come from Gaul and the Rhine frontier instead of Italy itself.

Wishful Thinking.

Germany 1943 was more Jewish than England is Germanic.

Balmung
08-06-2012, 09:43 PM
In any case what you say is not true

Ok, well name some of the inventions you consider the greatest German contributions and then the British, and we'll see.

Because off the top of my head i can significantly more German innovations that were by Jews than Britains. Einstein, Hertz, Franck, Pauli, Born, Ehrlich, Krebs, Wallach, Haber, Baeyer, Neher.

Your wiki link might as well been a list of random scientist, as most of those people in that list have nothing to do with the consider greatest British contributions. More so it was just a list of Jews in the field.

arcticwolf
08-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Germans invented the Car, the TV, the Computer, the Phone, the Bacteriology, Beer, the Letterpress, the Dynamo, the Helicopter, the Jeans, the Refrigerator, etc...

Nikolaus Kopernikus the great German recognized that the World is no Plate.

Right on and Nietzsche, your greatest philosopher none the less, agrees with you! here you go: :thumb001:

A common myth is that Nietzsche's ancestors were Polish.[99] Nietzsche himself subscribed to this story toward the end of his life. He wrote in 1888, "My ancestors were Polish noblemen (Nietzky); the type seems to have been well preserved despite three generations of German mothers."[100] At one point Nietzsche becomes even more adamant about his Polish identity. "I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood."[101] On yet another occasion Nietzsche stated "Germany is a great nation only because its people have so much Polish blood in their veins [...] I am proud of my Polish descent."[102] Nietzsche believed his name might have been Germanized, in one letter claiming, "I was taught to ascribe the origin of my blood and name to Polish noblemen who were called Niëtzky and left their home and nobleness about a hundred years ago, finally yielding to unbearable suppression: they were Protestants."[103]

Balmung
08-06-2012, 09:48 PM
The TV

No, they did not:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Logie_Baird

The Computer:

Again, no they did not:

First computer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Babbage

Father of computer Science:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing

The world wide web: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee

The Phone

No: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Graham_Bell

The Refrigerator: The first known artificial refrigeration was demonstrated by William Cullen at the University of Glasgow in 1748.

If anything YOU'RE overrating Germans.

lol

Insuperable
08-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Alright then. :D

Why is it that you have to bring Jews into everything? Everyone else seems to do it in a negative way but you do it in a positive way - such fascination whether positive or negative is rather worrying.

Why not post the list of British scientists alongside it? There's a lot of native English and Scots that have become great scientists too. :thumb001:

Because there is too large number of them. More than you can find on the Internet and a lot more than Jews.
Ask Superior why did he have to bring Jews into this

beaver
08-06-2012, 09:58 PM
The patriotism is the last shelter of an idiot.
(I'm idiot for sure)

Insuperable
08-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Ok, well name some of the inventions you consider the greatest German contributions and then the British, and we'll see.

Because off the top of my head i can significantly more German innovations that were by Jews than Britains. Einstein, Hertz, Franck, Pauli, Born, Ehrlich, Krebs, Wallach, Haber, Baeyer, Neher.

Your wiki link might as well been a list of random scientist, as most of those people in that list have nothing to do with the consider greatest British contributions. More so it was just a list of Jews in the field.

I have always said that Brits and Germans can be considered equal but that I will give Germans a slight tiny advantage regardless of Jews and for a fucking reason.
I posted once German achievements ( incomplete and I could the same for Brits though ) and if you want me to do it again I will.
When I did that the server when down and erased everything so that post is gone but as I have said I can do it again.

What I do not like is that you try portray Brits more superior than Germans when the fact is that none of them is superior among themselves

Tanaya
08-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Right on and Nietzsche, your greatest philosopher none the less, agrees with you! here you go: :thumb001:

A common myth is that Nietzsche's ancestors were Polish.[99] Nietzsche himself subscribed to this story toward the end of his life. He wrote in 1888, "My ancestors were Polish noblemen (Nietzky); the type seems to have been well preserved despite three generations of German mothers."[100] At one point Nietzsche becomes even more adamant about his Polish identity. "I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood."[101] On yet another occasion Nietzsche stated "Germany is a great nation only because its people have so much Polish blood in their veins [...] I am proud of my Polish descent."[102] Nietzsche believed his name might have been Germanized, in one letter claiming, "I was taught to ascribe the origin of my blood and name to Polish noblemen who were called Niëtzky and left their home and nobleness about a hundred years ago, finally yielding to unbearable suppression: they were Protestants."[103]

Nietzsche is a German Name like Rentzsche.

He wasn't the greatest Philosopher we had.

Don't you have own Intellectuals in Poland?

Balmung
08-06-2012, 09:59 PM
What I do not like is that you try portray Brits more superior than Germans when the fact is that none of them is superior among themselves

One thing thats suspect and gets me, is here we have a German, who just called herself the master people, not seeming to be joking as i was with the "Superior list". You did not comment on her, why?

Insuperable
08-06-2012, 10:05 PM
One thing thats suspect and gets me, is here we have a German, who just called herself the master people, not seeming to be joking as i was with the "Superior list" but you did not comment on her, why?

Perhaps I did not read what she said or perhaps you have been writing the same posts long before she came to TA

The Lawspeaker
08-06-2012, 10:07 PM
One thing thats suspect and gets me, is here we have a German, who just called herself the master people, not seeming to be joking as i was with the "Superior list". You did not comment on her, why?

I think that it is a banned member.. it didn't go for my bait, yet.

arcticwolf
08-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Nietzsche is a German Name like Rentzsche.

He wasn't the greatest Philosopher we had.

Don't you have own Intellectuals in Poland?

Don't invade Polish threads with your nonsense. Stick to your country and I'll do the same.

Balmung
08-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Perhaps I did not read what she said or perhaps you have been writing the same posts long before she came to TA

That, or as your reputation comment stated. "Germany has a richer scientific, musical, & philosophical history than the whole of Britain". Could be that.

"Noone is superior, they're equal".

Heh

Albion
08-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Wishful Thinking.

Germany 1943 was more Jewish than England is Germanic.

Germany was 60% Jewish? :eek: :D

1 (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=888014&postcount=28)

2 (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=889924&postcount=38)

The real question is just how Germanic is Germany? All those Celts and the south and centre of the country didn't just disappear you know. ;)

Stefan
08-06-2012, 10:17 PM
I think this is an odd question. Much of the concept and formation of "Western Europe" is a reflection of the Holy Roman Empire, which consisted of much of Germany in its core.

I suppose an argument can be made for geography, but the Western vs. Eastern dichotomy seems more political than geographic.

Insuperable
08-06-2012, 10:17 PM
That, or as your reputation comment stated. "Germany has a richer scientific, musical, & philosophical history than the whole of Britain". Could be that.

"Noone is superior, they're equal".

Heh

Well I did not want to post anything so I thought it would be better to give you hidden message ( plus you got rep point :p ).
So what if I wrote that? Did not I said now or many times before that I would give a slight tiny advantage to Germans?
Someone always has to be slightly better but as I have said nobody is superior when talking about Brits and Germans.
Did I wrote that out of thin air or because of something you wrote?

Because you wrote this:

1. Americans
3. Germans
5. French
6. Dutch
7. Greeks
8. Russians
9. Japanese/Chinese
10. Canadians

beaver
08-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Nobody in Europe can be compared with authors of the Brahmana #6 of "Upanishady", ask any physicist-theorist if he is not full idiot.

Albion
08-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Nobody in Europe can be compared with authors of the Brahmana #6 of "Upanishady", ask any physicist-theorist if he is not full idiot.

The ancient Greeks were pretty good at philosophy.

beaver
08-07-2012, 12:05 AM
The ancient Greeks were pretty good at philosophy.
But modern physicists have no problems with Greeks and have very srong situations in the real life.

el22
08-09-2012, 07:07 PM
As far as economics are concerned, wherever you want to place Germany, all other European countries would galvanize around her. And they make the best cars.

Joso
01-20-2019, 12:08 PM
No, more like East

Ülev
01-20-2019, 12:13 PM
yes, definitely Western Europe