PDA

View Full Version : The Balkans Comment

Loyalist
05-31-2009, 01:02 AM
This is a personal insult, apparently they aren't allowed, so I'm going to respond.

You can spew all the hatred you want, but at least I actually look Germanic whereas you could pass for being from the Balkans.

No, I couldn't pass for any sort of inhabitant of the Balkans. Even chap, before I ended up on his shit list, stated something to the effect that I'm "British for sure" and "best fit in to Scotland". Nice try, though. :wink

Electronic God-Man
05-31-2009, 01:11 AM
Not that there is anything wrong with the Balkans or the people that inhabit that area. :)

Haha. We're just going to move around Europe highlighting the places Loyalist doesn't like.

Psychonaut
05-31-2009, 01:14 AM
Both of you two, do we really need to let the "I'm more Germanic than you" game spill over from Skadi onto here?

Beorn
05-31-2009, 01:25 AM
Both of you two, do we really need to let the "I'm more Germanic than you" game spill over from Skadi onto here?

Too bloody right! Why, just the other day I was on the French - German border and had one leg in France and the other leg in Germany.

I was left wondering if my other leg was more Germanic than the other leg, and if so, could it be allowed to constantly submit threads asking the same question again and again and again and again?

Loyalist
05-31-2009, 01:28 AM
Not that there is anything wrong with the Balkans or the people that inhabit that area. :)

I actually have a positive view of Serbs, particuarly for keeping their Islamic and Papist neighbours in check. I also find Greeks to generally be clean, honest, and hard-working; unique among Mediterranean peoples. :thumb001:

Haha. We're just going to move around Europe highlighting the places Loyalist doesn't like.

It's probably faster to highlight the places I do like. ;)

It's not so much about who's more Germanic. I've never pretended to be the picture of a Germanic, as much of my ancestry stems from the Celtic nations. The point is my appearance in no way corresponds to any Balkan nation.

chap
05-31-2009, 01:30 AM
Well since you're dragging other people into this, you look mostly northwestern European, yet you're dinaricised so potentially can pass for other ethnicities which are not British. These traits came to the Isles overland from the Balkans and by sea from further afield. Nothing wrong with all that, it's just ironic in a sense given your disdain for the racial character, one way or the other, of Mediterranean populations.

Loki
05-31-2009, 01:32 AM
The point is my appearance in no way corresponds to any Balkan nation.

I don't think anyone here really cares, except you. My opinion on someone on this forum is not formed by which country they would fit into phenotypically, but by the quality of their posts. I think most people here would agree with that.

Loyalist
05-31-2009, 01:36 AM
I don't think anyone here really cares, except you.

And jerney, and perhaps chap from an anthropological point of view.

My opinion on someone on this forum is not formed by which country they would fit into phenotypically, but by the quality of their posts. I think most people here would agree with that.

Agreed.

Tabiti
05-31-2009, 07:31 AM
Sorry to tell you, but we, the native ones, not gypsies and so, are Europeid, no matter if you accept that or no.
Sorry to hear you are desperate hearing you could pass anything else than "ultra" Northwestern European.
Sorry to hear you think you may look nonwhite (being insulted with some claim means you accept that claim at least at small degree).

Loki
05-31-2009, 07:36 AM
Sorry to tell you, but we, the native ones, not gypsies and so, are Europeid, no matter if you accept that or no.
Sorry to hear you are desperate hearing you could pass anything else than "ultra" Northwestern European.
Sorry to hear you think you may look nonwhite (being insulted with some claim means you accept that claim at least at small degree).

I was just about to say, the implication that being from the Balkan means something negative phenotypically, is not very nice. ;) I mean, just look at our Artisch and Absinthe! :D :85563001:

Tabiti
05-31-2009, 07:41 AM
Loki, we are full of nonwhites here, but it is the same in every Western European country, not to talk about USA. I'm not saying the Balkans are area full of Nordids and "Ueberaryans", because that is certainly not true, but got kind of pissed off when people try to put everyone from this region under one name, due to the criminal news he/she heard on TV.
The same if I'm going to think of all Americans as Blacks, or Germans as Turks...

Inese
05-31-2009, 12:14 PM
The Balkans is very mixed and it is hard to see what is 100% European and what not!! :( They had very bad luck in history with invasion and people coming from elsehwere like Ottomans. Hm there are the South Slavs and they are not pure as the Northern Slavs !? :coffee: Oh and Romania, Albania and Bulgaria....they look very swarthy but it can be that there are also full Europeans but it is not easy to see. Artisch you are very dark for full European also but it is no personal attack against you okay?? You defend your region it is good.

Loyalist
05-31-2009, 12:25 PM

Calm down; saying I don't look like I'm from the Balkans is not an attack on the people of said region.

I don't like false assertions being made about myself, particularly when they're baseless and coming from a source which has no credibility. You or anyone else would respond similarly if that happened. No one said anything about non-whites either; I know I look white, how about you?

Svarog
05-31-2009, 03:54 PM
Aritsch looks perfectly fine and not dark at all, if i remember correctly from the pics i saw many months ago she even have very pale skin, only dark hair, possibly dyed :D

Tabiti
05-31-2009, 07:10 PM
BTW, I'm darker compared to many Bulgarians:
My TRUE skin colour on sunlight (hair is not dyed, in fact such dark colour isn't very typical here and most girls were even envious). I'm not pink, pale tone with blue veins showing under my skin. Don't consider that exactly "swarthy", but brunette. BUT, hey, think what you wish, I do not care who accepts me as white and who doesn't, especially on internet boards. I got mature enough to "prove" myself.

Svarog
05-31-2009, 07:43 PM
HEY!! I did not mean anything bad, i just said that hair might be possibly dyed, I said you look perfectly fine and i hate you for making me actually say this rather beautiful and not dark at all

Vulpix
05-31-2009, 08:10 PM
Artisch is fine, leave her alone. "very dark"? No, I've seen plenty of darker full Europeans.

Osweo
05-31-2009, 09:07 PM
I've seen plenty of darker full Europeans.
:yo:

:p

Osweo
05-31-2009, 09:45 PM
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/6411/20080725kavkaz0363litso.jpg

Beorn
05-31-2009, 10:17 PM
I've seen plenty of darker full Europeans.

Where? :eek: Were they female? Did they....*ahem* Really?

Loki
05-31-2009, 10:19 PM
Where? :eek: Were they female? Did they....*ahem* Really?

I think you posted plenty in the Beautiful Women's Thread already. :p

Tabiti
05-31-2009, 10:19 PM
In my lifetime it happened to travel not in one European country (maybe I've traveled more than some of the members here) and to know persons from different nationalities, so I better know how do I look like compared to Germans, Italians (Northern and Southern), Poles, Czech, Turks, Gypsies and so on, + being the fact interested in Physical anthropology, formed the whole image of myself I see in the mirror today(because that what you see in the mirror, depends on your opinion about yourself, compared with the others'). I tend to be quite critical towards myself, don't like certain physical features, but try to be realistic as much as I can on the same time.
Being active in such forums, meeting people with opposite opinions and bad attitude towards certain subjects and objects increases the risk of you being (or at least tried) to be insulted with purpose or unwittingly, with reason or now, so I bare the consequences. Myself, as a nervous person, used to be offended easily and started fighting until age of 18 or so, when got mature enough not to take anything by hearth and realized the people are quite different and we shouldn't let them creating the whole image of ourselves. Yes, revising the causes of someone's bad opinion or attitude towards your personality is useful, because often we don't see our mistakes, but the offenser's personality and his/her relation with your life is what matters in the case.
I think know myself enough on this stage (enough because none of us really fully knows him/herself on that young age), know the way I look like, how I think and how I feel, and why I've registered to that forum. I'm not here to draw attention, since whole life I've tried not to do that, neither to test/improve my self confidence acting like troll or offensing people I can't really see.
Yes, I'm from the Balkans, my ancestors arrived here before more than thousand years and connected their blood forever with these lands, developed an unique culture all know with good or bad. I bring their language, genes and subrace and that makes me proud, because they are my own, unique, ancient traits and managed to survive through the darkest periods of history. The history of my people makes me individual...

SwordoftheVistula
06-01-2009, 07:15 AM
Bulgaria seems to have a very wide range of people. I encountered a group of a dozen or so people in March, looks ranging from Turkish to northern European, I asked which countries they were from, and all were from Bulgaria.

Tabiti
06-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Turks are one of the most diverse group in Europe when it comes to phenotypes, so certainly no just one opinion what traits are refered looking "Turkish". Our ethnic turks also look different, but however, there certain traits in some who are spotted as allien immediately, on the street for example.
And, remember, hair colour is not all...

Tabiti
06-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Turks:
http://www.faceoftomorrow.com/city_downloads/City-Poster-A-istanbul.jpg

http://www.faceoftomorrow.com/city_downloads/City-Poster-A-ankara.jpg

Bulgarians:
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4288
I leave the conclusions for yourselves.

P.S. This is not Stormfront, so I'm going to stop now!

Inese
06-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Artisch is fine, leave her alone.
Oh please Foxie!! :rolleyes2: You know if some members make very bad and harming insult against me and the Latvian country it all is okay because there is "freedom of speech" but when i say a little criticism on Bulgaria or Artisch in a total non-insulting way we should "leave her alone"??? :coffee: How often have i waited to hear something like that in my defense by moderation??? :confused::rolleyes2: I am sorry but i use the "freedom of speech" you grant the insulters and haters against me and others to expres my view on Balkans and Bulgarians!!

Yes, I'm from the Balkans, my ancestors arrived here before more than thousand years and connected their blood forever with these lands, developed an unique culture all know with good or bad. I bring their language, genes and subrace and that makes me proud, because they are my own, unique, ancient traits and managed to survive through the darkest periods of history. The history of my people makes me individual...
Hello let me say i have never said you should not be proud but many Bulgarian are influenced by other ethnics in history and look like that a little or a little more. In the last 1000 years many other tribes came to your country and stay there for longer or shorter....

Ottoman Turk empire was for more than 500 years in Bulgaria!! What do you expect that the ocupation hat no genetic input in trait and looks?? :rolleyes2: Please it is no problem to admit i too admit that Sovjet opression in Latvia had some bad input on traits of some people and many Russians came to our country and stay.
I watched your Bulgaria thread with the many photos and some look foreign influenced. You post your photos often and you have some small features like the eyes who look a little foreign for pure Europe!! But dont hate me it is my opinion and you have your opinion ---- you are very axious to show all that Bulgaria is full European and i think there must be a reason for the anxiety. You say you dont give much on opinions of other and i think it should be no problem for you then.

Tabiti
06-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Does I have an epicantus? Haven't spotted it before...I though my nose was the "wrongest trait" being not straight enough, but anyway...

Inese, I don't have anything against you or your opinion but it seems to be influenced by some wrong statements. We, Bulgarians, were majority brunettes and Pontids (or Meds in general, due connection with Persian tribes) since the beginning, the same with Thracians. Not all Europeids back then were Nordish, so darker hairs and eyes don't mean non-European connections, just different areas of origin and evolution. However, our skulls were 100% Europeid according to the official anthropology. I know you like to compare us with Slavs, but our Slavic origins are well known deception since the middle of 20th century, so we just can't look like Poles or Czech people, for example.
Being a part of the Ottoman empire was in most degree not very different that being a part of Roman or Byzantium one. Ottomans accepted us like "raya" or the lowest christian society, so no real relationships were formed, the same with us accepting them as their enemies. No marriages, no friendships, just patience. Mass rapes are not an issue of race mixing here as well, because they weren't as many as those held in Berlin by Solviets. In fact it was us to make turks look whiter today, because all the slaves they took away in the inner empire. Some villages, for example, never seen a turk during the whole slavery. The fact we have one of the best preserved cultures and customs speaks to itself in what degree we messed up with Ottomans.
Main tribes who been here were the Bulgarians and Thracians, who both had similarities due places of origin and culture. Thracians just moved much earlier in Europe and had some Hellenic influences, due to their neighbours, the same with Bulgarians stayed around the borderlines of Europe and Asia for longer. Other tribes and nations as Romans, Slavs, Goths, Celts, Avars and so only passed through the years, without major settlements or traces left. In fact such movements of people happened in whole Europe.
We are not Nordic culture, never been and it is time for some people to realize that European race doesn't stop existing somewhere in its Atlantid spectrum.

Loki
06-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Turks:

My god, they're even less European/oid than I thought! :eek: Permit me to say they're an ugly bunch. And they want to let these guys into the EU??

Svarog
06-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Turkish people looks varies a LOT, some can easily pass for European and I am not kidding, most look like gypsies and some are black as African niggers

Tabiti
06-01-2009, 06:49 PM
My god, they're even less European/oid than I thought! :eek: Permit me to say they're an ugly bunch. And they want to let these guys into the EU??
I was also quite surprised seeing such individuals, especially from Instanbul, but those are normal, average people, not selected individuals. Seems the so called "Europeid" turks are quite rare and from higher society classes. However, unmixed Meds can be still found around the Black sea costs as offsprings of the local ancient populations of Anatolia.

Rhobot
06-02-2009, 05:55 AM
A lot of Kurds from the far southeast of Turkey live in Istanbul; many of them are refugees from the war against the PKK. A fair number of the folks in that picture are probably from that background.

Tabiti
06-02-2009, 06:02 AM
A lot of Kurds from the far southeast of Turkey live in Istanbul; many of them are refugees from the war against the PKK. A fair number of the folks in that picture are probably from that background.
Kurds don't look very different than turks (although they show more Dravid types) in general, they even have lighter types.