PDA

View Full Version : Travelling Thread

Mortimer
05-13-2012, 04:16 PM
Do you like to travell and if so which location would you like to see? Or maybe you already saw? You can post Pictures.

Id like to make a world around tour, with ship
Id like to see India
Id like to visit the USA and Canada
Also travelling Europe would be interesting, London, Rome, Paris, Athens, Amsterdam would be my travelling locations

--
maybe ill add some more later

The Lawspeaker
05-13-2012, 04:22 PM
I think that Europe is becoming too expensive for me, unless I go east but I don't like the climate, so I will probably focus on countries like Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines (absolutely the Philippines.. I am going back there- I want to know the country from head to toe and back again), maybe Indonesia. Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan if I can afford it one day.

But there are places in Europe I still want to (re-) visit: Switzerland, Rome and Tuscany in Italy, Norway, Paris, Malta, the Canary Islands and the Azores. In the West definetely Surinam and the form. Netherlands Antilles.

For the rest: maybe Australia. Maybe French Polynesia.

poiuytrewq0987
05-13-2012, 04:24 PM
I think that Europe is becoming too expensive for me, unless I go east but I don't like the climate, so I will probably visit Singapore and Taiwan one day (expensive) and for the rest focus on countries like Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, maybe Indonesia. Hong Kong and Japan if I can afford it one day.

But there are places in Europe I still want to (re-) visit: Switzerland, Rome and Tuscany in Italy, Paris, Malta, the Canary Islands and the Azores. In the West definetely Surinam and the form. Netherlands Antilles.

Southeast Europe has great climate and is not very expensive. Visit Montenegro or Bulgaria's black sea coast for a cheap, tropical-like vacation. ;)

The Lawspeaker
05-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Southeast Europe has great climate and is not very expensive. Visit Montenegro or Bulgaria's black sea coast for a cheap, tropical-like vacation. ;)
Maybe.. but tropical-like is not tropical. I want to be able to spend Christmas there.

poiuytrewq0987
05-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Maybe.. but tropical-like is not tropical. I want to be able to spend Christmas there.

Christmas? You will need to go near the equator for that. :D I have yet to visit the Caribbeans funnily enough. I will probably someday though. I don't think I would ever want to go to Southeast Asia for that tropical fix since it is so far away... same reason I don't bother going to Hawaii.

The Lawspeaker
05-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Christmas? You will need to go near the equator for that. :D I have yet to visit the Caribbeans funnily enough. I will probably someday though. I don't think I would ever want to go to Southeast Asia for that tropical fix since it is so far away... same reason I don't bother going to Hawaii.
The Canary Islands would be the closest to it but that's bluddy expensive because all those Northern Europeans (including Dutch, British and Germans) go there.

Vasconcelos
05-13-2012, 04:31 PM
I love travelling, but I like to visit more familiar places the most.
I'm aiming for visiting all of Portugal again (since my gf has pretty much never left Ribatejo and Lisbon) and northern Spain when I have the chance.

poiuytrewq0987
05-13-2012, 04:34 PM
The Canary Islands would be the closest to it but that's bluddy expensive because all those Northern Europeans (including Dutch, British and Germans) go there.

I would probably try discounted cruise trips (http://www.vacationstogo.com/)... and you can get to a port of call easily since you live close to a major port. Vacation to go specialize on them but I don't know if they serve Dutch customers.

12-night Mediterranean cruise starting at $699 per person!
Departs July 6, 2012 on Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam.
Click here for more details.

One of the deals on there.

The Lawspeaker
05-13-2012, 04:41 PM
I would probably try discounted cruise trips (http://www.vacationstogo.com/)... and you can get to a port of call easily since you live close to a major port. Vacation to go specialize on them but I don't know if they serve Dutch customers.

One of the deals on there.
I could do that. But another reason why I like Asia is this: in Europe everything is already top notch and nothing at all is rustic. Every beach is filled to the rim with tourists. What I liked about Bacuit Bay is that (ooh yes there are tourists but less and a lot of them are local too) you can step on a tropical beach, walk around and there is not a single living soul to be seen. Maybe you walk a few hundred yards and you stumble upon a fisherman with his little boat. The kind of stuff that you won't anywhere in Europe but gives you a little bit of a glance of what life here must have been like a long time ago.

I like it that when I order something in a restaurant the waiter actually comes to you and he treats you like you're the president himself and you end up leaving the restaurant after a good local meal and you only have paid 100 peso. (1.81 in euro's). If you do that here you would pay the minimum of 17, 18,19. And that's what you get their for absolutely splurging. I like that when I leave the restaurant the tricycle rider that brings you home for 60 peso calls you his kuya (his older brother) even if he is older than you are.

I like it that you can walk around a street and you see people actually make things and everyone having their own little shop. Here in Europe that's pretty much dead. I like the fact that the pace of life is slower and things are just a bit more.. relaxed. :)

Europe (apart from the East) is rich. But.. I think that we, indeed, have lost a few things along the road.

And however nice a cruise may be (if you like following tour groups and walking behind the guide like an idiot incapable of going somewhere else yourself) it doesn't even remotely come close to the experience of picking up your back pack and going from place to the next in a country that is completely different from your own.

What I want to say is that your average summer holiday on the beaches of Spain of Croatia or the average cruise or the average guided holiday is very good for lazy people. It offers the perfect experience and you don't have to do a single thing and you will probably hardly bump into the natives.

PetiteParisienne
05-13-2012, 08:12 PM
I love traveling! The first place on my bucket list is Iceland. My husband and I really want to see the Aurora Borealis. I'd also love to go to Venice.

Places I've been include various US states (including Hawaii), Spain, France, Israel, and a few islands in the Bahamas and the Caribbean.

Comte Arnau
05-13-2012, 08:13 PM
I need to travel to an Asian or African country next time. I'm feeling the call of the wild again.

The Lawspeaker
05-13-2012, 08:29 PM
I need to travel to an Asian or African country next time. I'm feeling the call of the wild again.
Try Asia. It's more civilised than Africa. I'd say: try Vietnam or the Philippines (just don't even think about travelling near Mindanao or the Sulu Islands because if you go there you only have yourself to blame if you run into MILF, MNLF or Abu Sayyaf. Apart from that and if you use some common sense the Philippines are safer than all of Africa combined).

Melina
05-13-2012, 08:34 PM
I would like to visit all of Europe. I already went to Dominican Republic and I visited a lot of places in the U.S. I am planning to go to Switzerland next year. Can't wait! :D