PDA

View Full Version : A Romanian boy's life in the sixties

The Lawspeaker
05-13-2012, 11:29 PM
mLcDQgSGOKA
FU40CfVJSEI

A Romanian boy's life in the sixties

The hardships of a Romanian boy and his family were probably romanticised in this movie for American classrooms.It is not clear whether Nicolae Ceaușescu was already in power. He was so in 1965.

Daos
05-20-2012, 04:56 AM
Heh, this is from my county. Too bad this world is now gone...

By the way, children liked going to school mostly because they would have to do less chores.:D

rashka
05-20-2012, 05:07 AM
The music in those videos sound very much like Serbian music.

Daos
05-20-2012, 05:46 AM
The music in those videos sound very much like Serbian music.

Please post some examples, because the Serbian folk music I've listened to bore no particular resemblance to ours.

rashka
05-20-2012, 06:37 AM
Please post some examples, because the Serbian folk music I've listened to bore no particular resemblance to ours.

What kind of folk music have you heard? The beat in the Serbian kolos are pretty much the same so if you have listened to Serbian kolo then you would have some idea of Serbian music.

Some Serbian songs and there's a lot like these :) Do any tunes sound familiar to you?

In this video songs from Radmila Dimic, Ksenia Cicvaric, Mara Djordjevic
zUVxMGFyfAY

Radmila Dimic. My favorite tune.
aCXeYIOabu0

HGtzEHKot3c
lpuNlDqPm5s
FzApDht1oXg

Here's one Kolo.
geoMptF8yXw

I found another typical type of music from Serbia:
eZROpB7OS9k

Daos
05-20-2012, 07:30 AM
„Folk” music accompanied by orchestra appeared in the 60s and barely has anything to do with traditional folk music.

Y4BvZx7LcFs
I don't know exactly which of her songs is in the film.

And as I've said, there's barely any resemblance between Serbian folk music and the music in the documentary:

Crr7xw9e3HM
hIrh9xbLy2k
aNt2Nv8aCOc
a2Ez8uqfBDo
HEo_Vo2gdfI

rashka
05-20-2012, 07:56 AM
„Folk” music accompanied by orchestra appeared in the 60s and barely has anything to do with traditional folk music.

Folk music can be traditional music even if accompanied by rubber bands across a plate.

rashka
05-20-2012, 08:32 AM
And as I've said, there's barely any resemblance between Serbian folk music and the music in the documentary:

I still think there is.

Here is some Serbian music recorded in the late 20's (so no orchestra from the 60's :) )
ivPJ-qNeAJo