PDA

View Full Version : The Beauty Problems Thread

Nordish Persephone
05-14-2012, 02:41 AM
I know quite a bit about makeup, cosmetics, the skin (we have had a wide range of skin problems in my family), fitness, and some things about style and fashion, so I thought I would start a thread and answer questions about beauty problems here that female (or males occasionaly) members have and how to solve them. If I find a question good enough or would like to demonstrate how to do something, I might even upload a video. :lightbul:

Maddy
05-14-2012, 02:53 AM
Cool....thanks : )

PetiteParisienne
05-14-2012, 11:50 AM
I was considering doing the same for hair. Some ladies here have requested tutorials for my hair styles.

Great idea. :)

Supreme American
05-14-2012, 12:00 PM
I was considering doing the same for hair. Some ladies here have requested tutorials for my hair styles.

I would desperately like to know how to French braid my hair. I'm very awkward with my hands in the back of my head but I love the look of it.

:(

Aces High
05-14-2012, 12:03 PM
How do i cover up the yellow "liver damage" tinge from the whites of my eyes..?

The Alchemist
05-14-2012, 12:06 PM
I have horrible dark circles for many reasons and i solve it only get tanned and tanned :(:( I don't even like dark skin, but it's the only way to look much better than a zombie.
Plus, i don't have a perfect nose but i don't feel bad about it. For the rest, i accept myself quiet a bit, and i go jogging when possible (2-3-4 times a week). I also have reddish chestnut hair which i dye ash, coz i like them much more when they're "cold" toned.

PetiteParisienne
05-14-2012, 12:08 PM
I would desperately like to know how to French braid my hair. I'm very awkward with my hands in the back of my head but I love the look of it.

:(

Learning to do a French braid on oneself is tricky. Do you know how to French braid another person's hair?

PetiteParisienne
05-14-2012, 12:16 PM
I have horrible dark circles for many reasons and i solve it only get tanned and tanned :(:( I don't even like dark skin, but it's the only way to look much better than a zombie.
Plus, i don't have a perfect nose but i don't feel bad about it. For the rest, i accept myself quiet a bit, and i go jogging when possible (2-3-4 times a week). I also have reddish chestnut hair which i dye ash, coz i like them much more when they're "cold" toned.

There are a few easy and natural ways to improve dark under-eye circles.

1. Avoid caffeine and sodium.
2. Stay hydrated.
3. Take a good daily multivitamin that has the proper amount of vitamin E.
4. Vitamin K can also help. You can find vitamin K creams to apply under the eyes. It will help heal any burst capillaries.
5. Chamomile tea. Dip two chamomile tea bags in hot water for a moment, then rinse them briefly in cool water. Apply them to your eyes. This will improve dark circles as well as any puffiness under the eyes.
6. Cold compresses. Like vitamin K, cold helps minimise broken blood vessels. This is why you see some ladies putting cold slices of cucumber over their eyes.
7. Vitamin C. It maintains elastin in the skin, which will help you avoid under-eye puffiness and circles.
8. You can make a good night cream using almond oil and honey. Gently massage the mixture under your eyes, and leave overnight. You should see a marked improvement after a week or so.
9. Avoid too much sun exposure. Being in the sun too much will worsen dark pigmentation under the eyes.

The Alchemist
05-14-2012, 12:26 PM
^ tnx, you sound very expert ;)
Anyway i have a quiet rich and complete diet, i mean i eat almost everything (but very less meat), i eat very much vegetables, fruits, cereals ecc.
The big problem is that i've never eaten meat since i was a child, never liked it, so i started eating it only at 20.
So, i have a chronic lack of iron (it's genetic, and also coz a very huge "period"), low pression. So i often expose to the sun (to look better), but not in an extreme way.
I periodically take vitamins, too.

The Alchemist
05-14-2012, 12:27 PM

2. Stay hydrated.
4. Vitamin K can also help. You can find vitamin K creams to apply under the eyes. It will help heal any burst capillaries.
5. Chamomile tea. Dip two chamomile tea bags in hot water for a moment, then rinse them briefly in cool water. Apply them to your eyes. This will improve dark circles as well as any puffiness under the eyes.
6. Cold compresses. Like vitamin K, cold helps minimise broken blood vessels. This is why you see some ladies putting cold slices of cucumber over their eyes.
7. Vitamin C. It maintains elastin in the skin, which will help you avoid under-eye puffiness and circles.
8. You can make a good night cream using almond oil and honey. Gently massage the mixture under your eyes, and leave overnight. You should see a marked improvement after a week or so.
9. Avoid too much sun exposure. Being in the sun too much will worsen dark pigmentation under the eyes.

Do you mean almond oil + real honey??? Do you mean there exist a product like that or should i make it "homemade"???!

PetiteParisienne
05-14-2012, 12:28 PM
^ tnx, you sound very expert ;)
Anyway i have a quiet rich and complete diet, i mean i eat almost everything (but very less meat), i eat very much vegetables, fruits, cereals ecc.
The big problem is that i've never eaten meat since i was a child, never liked it, so i started eating it only at 20.
So, i have a chronic lack of iron (it's genetic, and also coz a very huge "period"), low pression. So i often expose to the sun (to look better), but not in an extreme way.
I periodically take vitamins, too.

Haha, I'm no expert! I just have some medical knowledge, being a nurse, and some familiarity with herbs and plants.

The only meat I eat is fish. It is very important to make sure to get enough iron. Iron supplements help, as well as eating a lot of dark, leafy greens.

PetiteParisienne
05-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Do you mean almond oil + real honey??? Do you mean there exist a product like that or should i make it "homemade"???!

Homemade!

Matilda
05-14-2012, 12:42 PM
How can I make my hair grow faster?

Aces High
05-14-2012, 12:45 PM

Have it cut during a waxing moon or a full moon.....never during a waning moon.

True dat...;)

PetiteParisienne
05-14-2012, 12:46 PM

Hair is excess protein, so make sure you're getting enough of it in your diet. Taking prenatal vitamins for a short period of time (e.g. a month) can help a bit. Daily scalp massages can also encourage hair growth because it improves circulation.

Fortis in Arduis
05-14-2012, 12:53 PM
How do i cover up the yellow "liver damage" tinge from the whites of my eyes..?

Tan, or fake tan yourself to make the whites of your eyes appear brighter in contrast.

Whiten your teeth.

Clothes: wear navy blue or dark purple, teamed with off-white and dark brown.

Example: Navy blue short coat, off-white shirt to match your eyes, purple and cerise tie, light blue trousers. An element of dark brown will also make your eyes appear lighter by contrast.

Make-up: apply a tiny amount of fairly dark cerise lip-pencil to the upper inner corner water line of each eye, near the tear-ducts. Your wife should be able to help you with this.

This will visually brighten the whites, reducing redness and yellowness, by contrasting them with its dark purple-red shade. It should not be visible.

Coconut oil at night and during the day, if you cope with the greasy look.

Aces High
05-14-2012, 12:57 PM
fake tan

Whiten your teeth.

wear dark purple, teamed with off-white.

purple and cerise tie, light blue trousers.

Make-up: apply a tiny amount of fairly dark cerise lip-pencil to the upper inner corner water line of each eye, near the tear-ducts.

Thanks....but i dont want to end up looking like Noddy Holder.....isnt there an easier way...like eating some cordite of something...?

Fortis in Arduis
05-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks....but i dont want to end up looking like Noddy Holder.....isnt there an easier way...like eating some cordite of something...?

Yes, simply ensure that you have drunk enough booze before approaching any reflective surfaces, also reposition all the mirrors in your house so that you are unable to see your face in any of them. :lightbul:

Fortis in Arduis
05-14-2012, 01:19 PM

You have pigmented under eye circles. Why not use a Japanese skin brightener?

Nordish Persephone
05-14-2012, 07:08 PM

I have an inexpensive custom beauty experiment for you to try for your eyes. These are inexpensive essential oils which can all get rid of excess fluid and tissue around the eyes and make it go other places in the body. Many cosmetics are made with EOs, but I gave you a home recipe because it will prob end up being cheaper and more potent.

WARNING: NEVER apply essential oils directly to the skin!! Always dilute them down to a level of at least 30%! Do not use if you are pregnant or have serious medical conditions. Always test each diluted essential oil on a tiny place on your arm to see if it produces irritation before putting it anywhere on your face.

Main Ingredient: Jojoba oil, vitamin E
Cyprus EO
Juniper berry EO
Lemon EO
Patchouli EO

It just depends on what your problem is. It could be the circulation, irritation, or inflammation. You may need to experiment a little to see which EO's are the most effective and which ones you don't need. Puffy eyes are usually genetic, so if you can't get them the way you want it's not your fault! :)

Vixen
05-14-2012, 07:24 PM
The only meat I eat is fish.

The only meat I don´t eat is fish. Is there some kind of supplement I should be taking? I´ve often wondered about that.

Vixen
05-14-2012, 07:28 PM

hemorrhoid cream

Aces High
05-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Jojoba

In Glasgow thats the month before November.

PetiteParisienne
05-14-2012, 09:11 PM
The only meat I don´t eat is fish. Is there some kind of supplement I should be taking? I´ve often wondered about that.

I recommend taking omega 3. It's an important fatty acid. :)

Vixen
05-14-2012, 09:21 PM
I recommend taking omega 3. It's an important fatty acid. :)

Thank you, this was helpful. :)

Rastko
05-14-2012, 09:27 PM

2. Stay hydrated.

Thank you very much!

Thanks to my Baltid influences I often have that eastern European druggie look. In the summer I hide dark circles with tan but puffines stays and annoys the shit out of me.

Vixen
05-14-2012, 09:32 PM
http://iamfashion.blogspot.com.br/2008/02/hemorrhoid-cream-for-dark-circles.html

FEBRUARY 21, 2008

Hemorrhoid Cream for Dark Circles?
No matter how long I sleep, I seem to have permanent eye bags and puffiness. So a while ago, my mom suddenly very excitedly called me and told me that I should go buy myself some hemorrhoid cream for my eye bags. And I was like, WHAT? She swore that she saw it on a beauty TV show, hosted by quite a reputable dermatologist, and that everyone used it. Disbelieving, I told her if it truly worked so well, they'd have made that into a proper eye cream by now. Then the other day, I was re-watching Miss Congeniality (one of my favourite movies!) and I've never noticed before, but in the scene where she was preparing for the swimsuit competition, Victor (her pageant consultant) hands her a tube of hemorrhoid cream, and she says,

"Hemorrhoid cream? Do you really think they'll be looking that closely?"

And he replies, "Its for your eyes bags."

This made me think, maybe hemorrhoid cream for the eye bags is not such an obscure, random and completely ridiculous concept after all! Intrigued, I googled it up.

Turns out that I am quite behind in the game, and indeed hemorrhoid cream has been a model industry (not so secret anymore) secret for quite some time! More scientifically, it contains shark oil and live yeast cell derivatives, which are believed to be the ingredients that shrinks the eye bags. However, these ingredients are said to have been removed from the American version of Preparation H (the most common brand containing these ingredients), but can still be found in the Canadian and European versions.

gold_fenix
05-14-2012, 09:45 PM
the hateful black spots, i heard it is worse to extract the grease with the hands so...

Vixen
05-14-2012, 09:51 PM
the hateful black spots, i heard it is worse to extract the grease with the hands so...

Exfoliate. You can use a home-made mix with honey and sugar, but I just use a store-bought product.
http://i50.tinypic.com/2nk8d8i.jpg
This one works great.

Lux Aeterna
05-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Thank you very much!

Thanks to my Baltid influences I often have that eastern European druggie look. In the summer I hide dark circles with tan but puffines stays and annoys the shit out of me.

Lol, kinda gay for a dude worrying about this :laugh:

Nothing wrong with looking a little "rough", guys shouldn't look like little princesses.. :o

Queen B
05-14-2012, 10:03 PM

Yay :D:D:D

2. Stay hydrated.

I have ''purplish'' dark circles. I have heard that it depends of the color, you should put the ''oposite'' color of concealer to cover your circles.

Coconut oil. Vatika is great :)

The Alchemist
05-15-2012, 08:24 AM
You have pigmented under eye circles. Why not use a Japanese skin brightener?

I've used all kind of makeup in my life but obviously it goes away after some hours, and again those horrible dark circles come back.
Btw it goes much better now coz i'm tanned, and people say i look way healthier and better.

PetiteParisienne
05-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Lol, kinda gay for a dude worrying about this :laugh:

Nothing wrong with looking a little "rough", guys shouldn't look like little princesses.. :o

There's nothing 'gay' about wanting to look healthy. Please don't troll this thread.

PetiteParisienne
05-15-2012, 12:13 PM
I've used all kind of makeup in my life but obviously it goes away after some hours, and again those horrible dark circles come back.
Btw it goes much better now coz i'm tanned, and people say i look way healthier and better.

Sun exposure will actually make the dark circles worse over time.

PetiteParisienne
05-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Yay :D:D:D

Coconut oil. Vatika is great :)

I put coconut oil on my hair the night before I plan to wash it. It doesn't help it grow, but it prevents breakage by resorting moisture. :)

ficuscarica
05-15-2012, 01:33 PM
If you have dark rings under your eyes maybe you should sleep more and live a healthier life?? :D

Midori
05-15-2012, 01:42 PM
How do I strengthen my fine hair? Will dying it help?

PetiteParisienne
05-15-2012, 01:47 PM
How do I strengthen my fine hair? Will dying it help?

Most hair dyes are damaging, with the exception of henna dyes, which can improve the quality of your hair.

After you shower, dry your hair by squeezing the water out with an old t-shirt. Towels cause breakage.

PetiteParisienne
05-15-2012, 01:48 PM
If you have dark rings under your eyes maybe you should sleep more and live a healthier life?? :D

Sleep helps, but fatigue is only one cause of dark circles.

Fortis in Arduis
05-15-2012, 03:45 PM

Well, obviously, fake tan is better than UV or sun tanning.

I would suggest using touché éclat, or the equivalent 'by Terry' product in a nice bright yellow shade under the eyes, and counter-balance the dark shading with kohl inside the eyes and dark shadow on the upper lids and in the socket crease.

Kim Kardashian has pigmented under eyes, like yourself, and she manages to cover it.

She uses a bright yellow primer, bizarre, but it works:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/23/article-2133892-12B994CE000005DC-321_306x423.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/23/article-2133892-12B94B50000005DC-724_306x423.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2133892/Kim-Kardashian-shares-secret-flawless-complexion--bright-yellow-primer.html

Grumpy Cat
05-15-2012, 04:17 PM
The water in the city where I live is very hard. Really does a number on my hair. When I leave town and wash my hair, it looks awesome! But that's not always plausible.

Nordish Persephone
05-15-2012, 05:21 PM
The water in the city where I live is very hard. Really does a number on my hair. When I leave town and wash my hair, it looks awesome! But that's not always plausible.

Hmm, that's a hard one. Have you tried a special shower head that super purifies the water?

PetiteParisienne
05-15-2012, 09:09 PM

It's the same here, which is why we have the phrase 'London hair'. Leave-in conditioner is a life-saver.

Grumpy Cat
05-16-2012, 12:22 AM
It's the same here, which is why we have the phrase 'London hair'. Leave-in conditioner is a life-saver.

Leave in conditioner makes my hair look worse.

But yes, they have a similar saying here: "Hotel hair". When you leave town and wash your hair elsewhere (often when out of town staying at a hotel), it looks and feels better than when home, that's "hotel hair".

Grumpy Cat
05-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Hmm, that's a hard one. Have you tried a special shower head that super purifies the water?

I shall try that! Thanks.

Would probably spare me having to clean the tiles in my shower and bathtub so often, too. The hard water stains that... BAD.

Nordish Persephone
05-16-2012, 12:35 AM
I shall try that! Thanks.

Would probably spare me having to clean the tiles in my shower and bathtub so often, too. The hard water stains that... BAD.

That could actually be your whole problem if you aren't using a good showerhead; your water may just not be purified enough. We have a ton of iron in our water, and it used to look almost green in the bathtub, it was weird. :embarrassed

Lux Aeterna
05-16-2012, 02:49 AM
There's nothing 'gay' about wanting to look healthy. Please don't troll this thread.

I'm not trolling, I'm completely serious :)

Well, I know that metrosexual guys are awfully popular among women these days, and I don't know about you, but I surely prefer this;

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/8199/crissangel2.jpg

over this;

http://jbpics.tk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Justin-Bieber-Photoshoot-2012-3.jpg

But to each his own I guess..

Pallantides
05-16-2012, 02:54 AM
I'm not trolling, I'm completely serious :)

Well, I know that metrosexual guys are awfully popular among women these days, and I don't know about you, but I surely prefer this;

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/8199/crissangel2.jpg

over this;

http://jbpics.tk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Justin-Bieber-Photoshoot-2012-3.jpg

But to each his own I guess..

Does not the first one also look a bit metrosexual as well... going for the "druggy chic" look?

Osprey
05-16-2012, 03:00 AM
Does not the first one also look a bit metrosexual as well... going for the "druggy chic" look?

His jaw seems to be harder than Beiber.

Han Cholo
05-16-2012, 03:05 AM
Thank you very much!

That's a cool look man. You should try to try it some day.

http://sfw.org.ua/uploads/posts/1185311429_1163521949_gopniki_i_bidlo_80.jpg

http://neobychnye-zaprosy.ru/pict2/GOPNIKI.jpg

http://avantourists.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/img_87901.jpg

http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/082/Purple/9a/5c/a7/mzm.xeeioxlb.jpg

http://media.englishrussia.com/junkies_r/1_005.jpg

Han Cholo
05-16-2012, 03:06 AM

He'll likely look the same when he's older. I believe they even belong to the same subrace.

Pallantides
05-16-2012, 03:13 AM
He'll likely look the same when he's older

Yeah I was thinking the same. Bieber look more young and boyish but I don't see how he is more metrosexual than that other guy.

Lux Aeterna
05-16-2012, 03:52 AM

Maybe, the hair does indeed look a bit over styled, he looks better with his natural hair

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7008/chrisangel3.jpg

and I don't like all the jewelery he wears.

But I mainly used him as an example of that dark circles underneath the eyes isn't an issue imo.

Yeah I was thinking the same. Bieber look more young and boyish but I don't see how he is more metrosexual than that other guy.

Dude, that Bieber fag will never be able to grow a beard like this

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/7422/terrorista.png

Never :D

Pallantides
05-16-2012, 04:01 AM
I sometimes get faint dark circles and bags under my eyes, but that is because I stay up to long, it's 6 in the morning now again...

The Alchemist
05-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Maybe, the hair does indeed look a bit over styled, he looks better with his natural hair

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7008/chrisangel3.jpg

and I don't like all the jewelery he wears.

But I mainly used him as an example of that dark circles underneath the eyes isn't an issue imo.

Dude, that Bieber fag will never be able to grow a beard like this

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/7422/terrorista.png

Never :D
Bin Laden is back!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

The Alchemist
05-16-2012, 09:44 AM
That's a cool look man. You should try to try it some day.

http://sfw.org.ua/uploads/posts/1185311429_1163521949_gopniki_i_bidlo_80.jpg

http://avantourists.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/img_87901.jpg

http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/082/Purple/9a/5c/a7/mzm.xeeioxlb.jpg

http://media.englishrussia.com/junkies_r/1_005.jpg

Anti-polish propaganda??!? They all look very druggy :D:D

Rastko
05-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Anti-polish propaganda??!? They all look very druggy :D:D

Those are russian streetboys.

TIVijJWiIrQ

Interesting subculture.

The Alchemist
05-16-2012, 10:20 AM
^ sorry, anti-russian propaganda, then :D

Aces High
05-16-2012, 10:30 AM

Since when was it "Gangsta" to have your photo taken outside the shitter..????

Thats "Gutter" not "Gangsta".

PetiteParisienne
05-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Wow. I never new that a lack of dark circles under the eyes means a man is homosexual!

Mistic
05-16-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm not sure how to stop eye liner from smudging.

Vixen
05-16-2012, 04:45 PM

Run a q-tip with a bit of concealer under the line (and over, on your top lid), then set it with some powder if you wish, also on a q-tip, although the concealer should be enough.

You can also use liquid liner, which does not smudge but can be a bit messy until you master it.

Fortis in Arduis
05-16-2012, 05:28 PM

^ What she said.

Also, if you are using a crayon liner, set it with powder eyeshadow in the same shade.

A lot of people just use powder alone, applied with an angle-tipped brush.

Lux Aeterna
05-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Wow. I never new that a lack of dark circles under the eyes means a man is homosexual!

:rolleyes:

Lol.. I never said that.

What is 'gay' though, is having dark circles and worry about it, and treat it with concealer, creams or similar. That is higly metrosexual behaviour. Just try to eat and sleep somewhat properly, and then if you still have it, just be a man and accept it.

PetiteParisienne
05-17-2012, 02:02 PM
:rolleyes:

Lol.. I never said that.

What is 'gay' though, is having dark circles and worry about it, and treat it with concealer, creams or similar. That is higly metrosexual behaviour. Just try to eat and sleep somewhat properly, and then if you still have it, just be a man and accept it.

We're going to have to agree to disagree here. I just don't see how caring about your looks correlates to who you're sexually attracted to.

PetiteParisienne
05-17-2012, 02:03 PM

There are eyeliner sealants that are fairly easy to come across. :)

Sikeliot
05-17-2012, 02:03 PM
I have the circles under the eyes problem, too. I was glad to see someone already brought that one up.

Rastko
05-17-2012, 06:30 PM
I think sometimes it is connected with inner organs,like kidneys and if it is yellow with liver.