PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age Origins Anyone?

Osprey
05-17-2012, 04:06 PM
I loved this game when it came out.
So what characters do you think, you are from the game.
I'm a mix of Alistair, Duncan and Sten.
Alistair's Innocence, Duncan's sense of fairness and duty while Sten's 'Know what you want attitude' .
What are you?

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/10/2j4378o.jpg
http://dragonage.neoseeker.com/w/i/dragonage/thumb/f/fa/Duncan2.jpg/350px-Duncan2.jpg
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af271/Hilde_sasha/Sten1.jpg?t=1289193472

Leliana
05-18-2012, 04:26 PM
<---

Such a tricky question. :D I'm like Leliana: Faithful, loyal, romantic, funny, musical, a bit strange and loco, devoted and with scars of a previous time.

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab178/HungryPlatypus/Leliana3.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/dragonage/images/e/e3/LelianaCGI2.png

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/010/4/9/Dragon_age____Leliana_by_SmaiLika07.jpg

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3715/1290249232dragonageorig.jpg

Lithium
05-18-2012, 04:31 PM
I played just a few hours of it last week and I am very dissapointed of the character's body types and stature. The females look like travestites with those large waists and chests. But the whole story is interesting and I am looking forward to reveal it :D

Osprey
05-19-2012, 04:12 AM
<---

Such a tricky question. :D I'm like Leliana: Faithful, loyal, romantic, funny, musical, a bit strange and loco, devoted and with scars of a previous time.

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab178/HungryPlatypus/Leliana3.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/dragonage/images/e/e3/LelianaCGI2.png

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/010/4/9/Dragon_age____Leliana_by_SmaiLika07.jpg

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3715/1290249232dragonageorig.jpg

Do you mean you have had some bad experiences akin to Leliana's bard life?

Osprey
05-19-2012, 04:13 AM
I played just a few hours of it last week and I am very dissapointed of the character's body types and stature. The females look like travestites with those large waists and chests. But the whole story is interesting and I am looking forward to reveal it :D

You can always download mods or make one.

Leliana
05-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Do you mean you have had some bad experiences akin to Leliana's bard life?
Yes.

Osprey
05-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Yes.

I do not mean to intrude upon your private life, but were they related to muslim boyfriends?

Leliana
05-19-2012, 05:28 PM
I do not mean to intrude upon your private life, but were they related to muslim boyfriends?
:rolleyes: No, not at all!

Lithium
05-19-2012, 05:31 PM
You can always download mods or make one.

You can change their faces as much as you want, but you can't change their body type.

finþaų
05-22-2012, 07:08 AM
'Twas an enjoyable game, but I prefer the Elder Scrolls series.

Osprey
05-22-2012, 07:12 AM
'Twas an enjoyable game, but I prefer the Elder Scrolls series.

Graphics wise, Elder's Scrolls suck
Their gameplay was also not that good.

Stefan
05-22-2012, 07:34 AM
I loved this game when it came out.
So what characters do you think, you are from the game.
I'm a mix of Alistair, Duncan and Sten.
Alistair's Innocence, Duncan's sense of fairness and duty while Sten's 'Know what you want attitude' .
What are you?

I thought it was a great game. The world was quite interesting, particularly the business with the Fade. What intrigued me was how it felt similar to a linear rpg, yet you could choose when you did each story-line. The subtleties in the dialogue choices, affecting the game later on were also surprising. So a combination of all of those, with a fun combat and leveling system really hooked me. Unfortunately, Dragon Age II felt more like an expansion in comparison.

Graphics wise, Elder's Scrolls suck

I certainly wouldn't say that. For open world sandbox games they're quite impressive, in fact.

http://programmingace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/2012-01-01_00008.jpg

Their gameplay was also not that good.

Depends on what you're looking for. Combat isn't the most amazing, but fortunately Elder Scrolls games are much more than combat. There is an exploration component that I can't find in many other games, for example.

Osprey
05-22-2012, 07:43 AM
I thought it was a great game. The world was quite interesting, particularly the business with the Fade. What intrigued me was how it felt similar to a linear rpg, yet you could choose when you did each story-line. The subtleties in the dialogue choices, affecting the game later on were also surprising. So a combination of all of those, with a fun combat and leveling system really hooked me. Unfortunately, Dragon Age II felt more like an expansion in comparison.

I certainly wouldn't say that. For open world sandbox games they're quite impressive, in fact.

http://programmingace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/2012-01-01_00008.jpg

Depends on what you're looking for. Combat isn't the most amazing, but fortunately Elder Scrolls games are much more than combat. There is an exploration component that I can't find in many other games, for example.

A Game is a mix of everything.
Only exploring wilderness is not everything.

Stefan
05-22-2012, 07:52 AM
A Game is a mix of everything.
Only exploring wilderness is not everything.

The exploration isn't limited to the wilderness. There is an active world; plenty of quest-lines, and a full-filling picture to grasp. The atmosphere in the most recent game: Skyrim, involves tension, and a backlash from historical contributions. In Skyrim, this involves a conflict between High Elves(Atmer Dominian) and Humans, who are further conflicted among themselves. In Oblivion, it dealt with the Daedra and their influence on the world. In Morrowind there was the outpost not being as calm as it should be, with lesser-gods influencing the picture, and so on. As you explored, you could find ruins of the Dwemer, who you only read about in books, but never actually meet. An ancient race that died out. You read lore and the lore is reflected in the environment. You can join certain factions, and help improve those factions, while neglecting others. The freedom to explore such an active world is what makes the games fun and interesting.

Having said all of that, combat isn't bad at all. In Morrowind it was clunky, I'd say. In Oblivion, it was alright. In Skyrim, it was quite excellent, not amazing, but definitely something fun and fluid. Besides that, there are tons of mods that one can find to change it.

Leliana
06-02-2012, 12:31 AM
DA2 was a big frustration. :( I hope DA3 will somehow connect with the epic and fullfilling story of DA1! :pray:

The Lawspeaker
06-02-2012, 12:34 AM
That's it. I want this game... where do I buy it and how much does it cost me ? :D

Hayalet
06-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Funny how I never got to meet Leliana. I left the town she was staying without exploring it and as a result, she was tragically killed by the darkspawn.

Rødskjegg
06-02-2012, 01:04 AM
This game is NOTHING compared to the Baldur's Gate series.

Dragon Age is simply a dumbed down modern version.

Hayalet
06-02-2012, 01:10 AM

And they presented it as a spiritual successor. False advertisement. The only similarity was the "You must gather your party before venturing forth." prompt at the edge of the map. :)

Rødskjegg
06-02-2012, 01:24 AM
And they presented it as a spiritual successor. False advertisement. The only similarity was the "You must gather your party before venturing forth." prompt at the edge of the map. :)

Indeed. I had such high hopes.

Pallantides
06-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Nothing can beat the Baldur's Gate series.

Leliana
06-02-2012, 02:22 AM
I'm too young to have played Baldurs Gate or such old 2D games but the story of Dragon Age Origins is perfect and cinematic! You have so many options and great companions with an own unique background. :dance nerd

That's it. I want this game... where do I buy it and how much does it cost me ? :D
It should be available as a low cost game in Holland.

In the meantime you can listen to my song! Imagine 'I'm' singing about the friendship between Germany, Austria and Holland...:cool:

z3ZUAc32cAQ

Osprey
06-02-2012, 02:45 AM

Its a pretty good game considering, graphics, story, combat and the fact that they had to create everything from the scratch and not just copy paste the world and rules from Dungeons and Dragons lore.
If you're talking about combat, Icewind Dales series are far better and harder than Baldur's Gate.

Hess
06-02-2012, 02:46 AM
DA2 was a big frustration. :( I hope DA3 will somehow connect with the epic and fullfilling story of DA1! :pray:

Agreed.

Every aspect of of DA2 felt like a simplified, dumbed-down version of DA1

Osprey
06-02-2012, 02:48 AM
Nothing can beat the Baldur's Gate series.

'Sigh'
Baldur's Gate is good but nothing special.
Baldur's Gate companions are a bunch of swarthy and ugly bastards. The female ones, though are nordic.
Makes sense, encourage race mixing in games.
Plus, it's protganist Abel Adrian is a evil bitch with shitty looks.
At least DA:O and IWD series had unnamed protoganists.
IWD offered more variations to the tactical mind with more characters, individual development, simply better gameplay.
Leliana was a heart breaker. I thought her to be the innocent, virgin girl from the countrysides with no vices.
But she turned out to be a reformed Morrigan.

Rødskjegg
06-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Plus, it's protganist Abel Adrian is a evil bitch with shitty looks.

Uhm, you know that Abdel Adrian is a novel character, which has nothing to do with the games?

You can still customize your protagonist, AND your companions.

Leliana
06-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Leliana was a heart breaker. I thought her to be the innocent, virgin girl from the countrysides with no vices.
But she turned out to be a reformed Morrigan.
:naughty::heh:

Have you ever played the DLC 'Leliana's song'? You can learn more about her past in it.

Sultan Suleiman
06-02-2012, 12:24 PM
<---

Judging by the messages you sent me you certainly qualify for the qualities I bolded :D

Sultan Suleiman
06-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Funny how I never got to meet Leliana. I left the town she was staying without exploring it and as a result, she was tragically killed by the darkspawn.

In my next replay I am going to be the ponciest ponce that ever ponced past a poncing parlour to her :D

Beethoven
06-29-2012, 05:04 AM
This game and BioWare company is created by canadian western-ukranians. Super awesome game loved it even more then Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights

Ray Muzika and Greg Zeshuk - also both got western ukranian last names.

Leliana
06-30-2012, 02:10 PM
That's the true potential of the game with mods and creativity! :) A romantic and gorgeous classic Christian-like wedding. 'The Maker' in the game is the equivalent to our Christian God, and Andraste a female version of Jesus Christ with a bit Jeanne D'Arc. I like it how Dragon Age has such a Christian-influenced theme! It warms my heart in times of great turmoil in our real world.

jicjQwsBiD0

Sultan Suleiman
06-30-2012, 02:17 PM
That's the true potential of the game with mods and creativity! :) A romantic and gorgeous classic Christian-like wedding. 'The Maker' in the game is the equivalent to our Christian God, and Andraste a female version of Jesus Christ. I like it how Dragon Age has such a Christian-influenced theme! It warms my heart in times of great turmoil in our real world.

The same corruption of Christian/Catholic hierarchy, unfair treatment of the slightly different peoples, inquisitions, religion backed oppression and discrimination on basis of races pretty sums it up :D

And main inspiration for Andraste was mix of elements of Prophets Mohamed and Zarathustra. ;)

Holle Bolle Gijss
06-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Fantastic game period.... Specially spiced up with 75+ mods.:p Currently working through the Awakenings expansion.

The game is loosely based on Game of thrones/A song of fire and ice I read somewhere.

Sultan Suleiman
06-30-2012, 02:31 PM
The game is loosely based on Game of thrones/A song of fire and ice I read somewhere.

They said the same for Warcraft 3, but admittedly there is a similarity between ASOIF and DA:O with a kingdom in civil war with an enemy bent on eradicating all life is slowly creeping up.

Leliana
06-30-2012, 06:10 PM
The same corruption of Christian/Catholic hierarchy, unfair treatment of the slightly different peoples, inquisitions, religion backed oppression and discrimination on basis of races pretty sums it up :D
The Templars should visit you at your house: I'm sure you're into Muslim blood magic! :icon_skull:

And main inspiration for Andraste was mix of elements of Prophets Mohamed and Zarathustra. ;)
Yeah sure, that's what they teach in Bosniakistan. :loco:

Contra Mundum
06-30-2012, 06:15 PM

A Turk broke her heart?

Pallantides
07-01-2012, 04:10 PM
I was always sympathetic to the mages and against the templars(then again my character was a mage in DAO and so was my Hawke in DA2)

http://i.imgur.com/PBbSG.jpg

Leliana
07-01-2012, 04:24 PM
I was always sympathetic to the mages and against the templars(then again my character was a mage in DAO and so was my Hawke in DA2)
The duty of the Templars is to establish order. When mages and blood mages act unchained there's always something bad happening. The best mages are either in the tower or becalmed/pacified. :p

Osprey
07-01-2012, 06:22 PM
The duty of the Templars is to establish order. When mages and blood mages act unchained there's always something bad happening. The best mages are either in the tower or becalmed/pacified. :p

The Mages are very unexplored and secretive.
They are sometimes the only spice in the otherwise boring lore.
Compare that to Dungeons and Dragons, so many more places and monsters.

Anyway, my best characters in the game :
Duncan : Upright, Brave, Honorable, strong and wise man.
Flemeth : Not an abomination, Not a blood mage, Not even truly human, I wonder who she is?
Avernus : Tells many secret things about the fade, blood magic, grey warden
blood, black city etc. Interesting chap to be around.
Architect : Mysterious Darkspawn.
Caridin : Golem Maker.
Best Places :
The Ancient Thaig in Dragon Age II
The Portal in Witch Hunt
The Black City
etc.

Sultan Suleiman
07-01-2012, 06:29 PM
The Templars should visit you at your house: I'm sure you're into Muslim blood magic! :icon_skull:

You are not first who called my home brewery like that :D

Yeah sure, that's what they teach in Bosniakistan. :loco:

They teach me that Jesus didn't raise an army and then waged a holy war against corrupt empires :rolleyes:

I'll give you a pity bro tip: It was the other dude just a bit south but still from Sandallovertheplacestan.

Sultan Suleiman
07-01-2012, 06:30 PM
A Turk broke her heart?

Njemcia probably put out for a Turk who brushed her off when he was done with her. :coffee:

Pallantides
07-01-2012, 07:24 PM

Mages should be free!

;)

Osprey
07-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Njemcia probably put out for a Turk who brushed her off when he was done with her. :coffee:

I don't whether to laugh at this or cry.
On one hand, bitches who go for racial aliens deserve to be treated like shit.
On the other, this is a direct attack on the honour of Germanic females.
But, I can safely say Leliana is not one of them :)

Osprey
07-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Mages should be free!

;)

Osprey
07-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Mages should be free!

;)

I agree. If not for compassion, atleast for the excitement and mystery associated with the Fade and the Black City.
Then they can experiment with wilder magics, explore their roots and maybe hand over the secret of Flemeth, Arlathan and the Tevinter Magisters.