PDA

View Full Version : World Championship Quals

Svarog
06-01-2009, 12:43 PM
OH NO, Another footballing thread from this dude!! :mad:

These are standings so far, few rounds left to be played, pick your country and start bragging or giving excuses, so far, the biggest surprises are that Faroe Islands, Malta and Moldova managed to win a whole point, I bet that is their all times best, as for my country, we're doing great, have just few games left and all at home beside the Faroe Islands away so I guess we should qualify for the WC, it'd be awesome if some of our strikers would score once for a change instead of full backs and midfielders :D

I bolded countries I think that are gonna qualify directly and Italic the countries that are gonna finish 2nd for the further games, mostly based on the games schedule til the end.

Group 1 (country+pts)
Denmark 13
Hungary 13
Portugal 6
Sweden 6
Albania 6
Malta 1

Group 2
Greece 13
Switzerland 13
Latvia 10
Israel 9
Luxembourg 4
Moldova 1

Group 3
Northern Ireland 13
Slovakia 12
Poland 10
Czech Republic 8
Slovenia 8
San Marino 0

Group 4
Germany 16
Russia 12
Finland 7
Wales 6
Azerbaijan 1
Liechtenstein 1

Group 5
Spain 18
Bosnia-Herzegovina 12
Turkey 8
Belgium 7
Estonia 5
Armenia 1

Group 6
England 15
Croatia 10
Ukraine 7
Belarus 6
Kazakhstan 3
Andorra 0

Group 7
Serbia 12
France 10
Lithuania 9
Austria 7
Romania 4
Faroe Islands 1

Group 8
Italy 14
Republic of Ireland 12
Bulgaria 7
Cyprus 4
Montenegro 3
Georgia 3

Group 9
Netherlands 15
Scotland 7
Iceland 4
FYR Macedonia 3
Norway 2

Loyalist
06-01-2009, 12:55 PM
England: five wins, including a 4-1 thrashing of Croatia, and no losses. Next games are against Kazakhstan (:)) and Andorra (:D). It seems Capello has finally gotten the job done.

Treffie
06-01-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm not playing! :mad: The Welsh team couldn't win a goldfish at a fair - Muppets! :D

Loyalist
06-01-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm not playing! :mad: The Welsh team couldn't win a goldfish at a fair - Muppets! :D

There's a solution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_national_football_team) to that. ;)

Lars
06-01-2009, 05:12 PM
With four victories and one tie it looks pretty good, but we still have to play against Sweden twice and Portugal once more. A lot can happened.
The best moment so far was when we won 2-3 in Portugal. Four of the five goals were made in the last ten minutes. Awesome! :D

Ulex
06-01-2009, 05:29 PM
With four victories and one tie it looks pretty good, but we still have to play against Sweden twice and Portugal once more. A lot can happened.
The best moment so far was when we won 2-3 in Portugal. Four of the five goals were made in the last ten minutes. Awesome! :D
Actually I will be in Sweden, when this match is being played. I have decided to wear our Danish national team jersey all day long. Let's see if I come home alive. That would be fun. :D

Lars
06-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Actually I will be in Sweden, when this match is being played. I have decided to wear our Danish national team jersey all day long. Let's see if I come home alive. That would be fun. :D

You will return safely. I was in Copenhagen when Denmark played against Sweden and that stupid idiot ran onto the playing field and attacked the referee.
Before the match Danes and Swedes celebrated together for many hours without any incidents. Even after the disastrous match everything went quiet.
I think you'll be in the safe zone even after we've beaten Sweden 5-0. :D

Svarog
06-01-2009, 06:07 PM

You should be fine, Swedes are not all that famous by football hooliganism, even in Belgrade no one would beat you down for wearing a Danish kit as hooligans don't really go to the national team matches, there is always a danger of running on a random drunken fool tho

I wore my Serbian jersey all over Europe and haven't had trouble anywhere, actually, in France some guy was offering to buy it off me, that was funny haha

Ulex
06-01-2009, 06:18 PM
You will return safely. I was in Copenhagen when Denmark played against Sweden and that stupid idiot ran onto the playing field and attacked the referee.
Before the match Danes and Swedes celebrated together for many hours without any incidents. Even after the disastrous match everything went quiet.
I think you'll be in the safe zone even after we've beaten Sweden 5-0. :D
Yes, I believe I will do just fine. Btw, the friend I will be visiting will wear her Swedish national team jersey, so actually I think we will look cute together. ;)

So you only want to beat the Swedes by 5-0? Hmmm... Yes, why not? Our boys need to relax and have a little fun too. :D

Treffie
06-02-2009, 12:18 AM
There's a solution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_national_football_team) to that. ;)

Blasphemer! :D

Inese
06-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Latvia has a good chance in group 2!! :thumbs up:cool: Only 3 points away from top

Svarog
06-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Serbia beat Austria 1:0, much harder than expected but tomorrow everyone forgets that and only 3 points are remembered, good score, waiting for the other results, on half times there was a lot of upsets

Denmark was leading against the Sweden in an away game

Loyalist
06-07-2009, 02:03 AM
England maintains its perfect run in the qualifiers with a 4-0 win over Kazakhstan. :D That, and the inevitable win over Andorra this coming Wednesday, puts us firmly on course for South Africa.

I'm glad to see the Netherlands has already qualified, too. :thumb001:

chap
06-07-2009, 04:51 AM
England maintains its perfect run in the qualifiers with a 4-0 win over Kazakhstan. :D That, and the inevitable win over Andorra this coming Wednesday, puts us firmly on course for South Africa.

I'm glad to see the Netherlands has already qualified, too. :thumb001:

But you're Canadian?

--

All the goals

H8uI08I05QA

Guapo
06-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Serbia beat Austria 1:0, much harder than expected but tomorrow everyone forgets that and only 3 points are remembered, good score, waiting for the other results, on half times there was a lot of upsets

Ya, they played mediocre but a win is a win :thumb001:

Loyalist
06-07-2009, 11:54 AM
But you're Canadian?

Don't start with me.

Svarog
06-07-2009, 04:47 PM
all results

World Cup qual. - Europe (Group 1)
June 6
FT Sweden 0 - 1 Denmark
FT Albania 1 - 2 Portugal
World Cup qual. - Europe (Group 3)
June 6
FT Slovakia 7 - 0 San Marino
World Cup qual. - Europe (Group 4)
June 6
FT Azerbaijan 0 - 1 Wales
FT Finland 2 - 1 Liechtenstein
World Cup qual. - Europe (Group 6)
June 6
FT Kazakhstan 0 - 4 England
FT Belarus 5 - 1 Andorra
FT Croatia 2 - 2 Ukraine
World Cup qual. - Europe (Group 7)
June 6
FT Lithuania 0 - 1 Romania
FT Serbia 1 - 0 Austria
World Cup qual. - Europe (Group 8)
June 6
FT Bulgaria 1 - 1 Ireland
FT Cyprus 2 - 2 Montenegro
World Cup qual. - Europe (Group 9)
June 6
FT Rep. of Macedonia 0 - 0 Norway
FT Iceland 1 - 2 Holland

Beorn
06-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Goodness! England beat the mighty Kazakhstan 4-0!
I shall expect them to win no less than the World Cup after this spectacular display.

:coffee:

Revenant
06-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Australia's advanced too, scoreless draw against Qatar. It'll be interesting to see just how far we get. :D

Loyalist
06-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Goodness! England beat the mighty Kazakhstan 4-0!
I shall expect them to win no less than the World Cup after this spectacular display.

:coffee:

:tsk:

It doesn't matter if it's Kazakhstan or Brazil, 4-0 or 40-0; it still counts for those three points. All I've been hearing from the media and the fans is "what a poor effort", "only 4-0", etc. :rolleyes: Just enjoy the victory!

Beorn
06-07-2009, 08:37 PM
It's not to do with the three points or the level of skill in our opponents; it is the same boring old England, still playing boring football and still not learning from its past mistakes.

I personally would wish for the current England team with their willingness to resort to the teachings of a bloody foreigner, and the English FA for both appointing foreigners and not inputting more at grass root levels, to be replaced by actual Englishmen with actual English hopes and desires.

I hope England get dumped from the SA World Cup in all honesty. I for one will tune in to watch it at about the QF stage onwards. ;)

Ulex
06-10-2009, 05:50 PM
And Denmark beat Sweden by 0-1. It was certainly pure luck. But as Vojvoda says: A win is a win.

As I wrote above I watched the match with some friends in Sweden. After the match I humiliated them severely, but this time I didn't feel good about it. Sweden obviously should have won. But a win is a win.