PDA

View Full Version : Would You Buy This T-Shirt?

Freomęg
06-02-2009, 03:28 PM
For a while, I've been keeping an eye out on the net and on eBay for t-shirt designs pertaining to English or British heritage. I'm not talking English flags or any other tacky patriotic decoy, but nice-looking shirts which show people you're proud of your ethnic heritage.

The English have been forced deep into a corner, where today, to be 'English' or 'British' means nothing - ethnically, ancestrally or culturally speaking. I'm willing to bet there are thousands upon thousands of Englishmen desperate to find a way to distinguish their ethnic identity. England football shirts - and even flags - don't serve much purpose (whites are a minority in the England team). So I've taken it upon myself to create some designs which display an unambiguous statement of identity.

Here's the first design. I may invest some money and print a whole bunch up, but I want to get some feedback first. If it seems viable, I'll sell some shirts on ebay to cover costs and give everyone the opportunity to show their English roots.

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1952&stc=1&d=1243956431

So, what do you all think? Any suggestions for alternative colours?

Beorn
06-02-2009, 03:34 PM
That looks good! I would definitely buy one or two of various designs off of you if you were to print them off.

An idea for you, but in Bristol they sell T-shirts with local mannerisms and sayings like "Ow Bist?" and "Cheers Drive" and so on, but it got me too wondering if there was a line of T-shirts with simply the county you come from.

I would pay though the nose to have a T-shirt with the county of Somerset on it with the flag on the back or filling the border of the county.

Anyway, as I said, your design looks really good. :thumb001:

Any suggestions for alternative colours?

Black T-shirt with the design in red. Another combination I like is white with red. (simple St. George theme there).

Freomęg
06-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks Wat. We'll see if anyone else has any comments, then maybe I'll mock up some more colour combos, or even your Somerset idea. Problem with the counties shirt, is that it's more difficult to make a return - unless you take pre-orders to know how many of each county, in each size to get printed. But even then, a new 'screen' would be required for each different design and generally a screen is a one-off charge of £15. So I'd need at least 5 pre-orders per design to recover costs.

An 'Englisc' shirt is a more general sentiment, but is much more economically viable and low-risk.

Sol Invictus
06-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Sign me up. You take money orders?

Freomęg
06-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Sign me up. You take money orders?
As in a 'bank order' or Western Union or something?

If this looks like it will be worth doing, I'll probably say paypal or personal cheque @ £10 inc. postage. But I'd like to see whether this is worth doing first and foremost. Just testing the water.

Sol Invictus
06-02-2009, 03:52 PM
As in a 'bank order' or Western Union or something?

If this looks like it will be worth doing, I'll probably say paypal or personal cheque @ £10 inc. postage. But I'd like to see whether this is worth doing first and foremost. Just testing the water.

Bank Order i guess is what they call it over there, but even Western Union would work. I'm all for it. Got some money put aside for it right now.

Come on people get in on this. I want that shirt.

Electronic God-Man
06-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I'd buy one.

Freomęg
06-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Anyone know how I can add a poll to this thread - if at all?

I want to get an idea of everyone's favourite colour combinations, though I may print more than one combo. Here are the options I propose:

- Dark grey with black print (as shown)
- Dark grey with white print
- Black with red print
- White with red print
- Red with black print
- Red with white print
- Other?

Also, sizes:

- Ladies/youth medium
- Ladies/youth large
- Mens small
- Mens medium
- Mens large
- Mens extra-large

It would really help me if everyone potentially interested in one of these would state their preferences. That will help me gauge what the wider consensus would be beyond the forum. I think I'll print around 25 of these to start off. Just need to get the sizes and colour allocations right.

Electronic God-Man
06-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Men's Medium.

I can't quite decide on the color scheme though. Any of these are good:

- Dark grey with black print (as shown)
- Dark grey with white print
- White with red print

Freomęg
06-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Perhaps this will help:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1954&stc=1&d=1243962994

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1955&stc=1&d=1243962994

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1956&stc=1&d=1243962994

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1957&stc=1&d=1243962994

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1958&stc=1&d=1243962994

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1959&stc=1&d=1243962994

Freomęg
06-02-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm thinking... a run of black on grey and a run of red on white. Those two combinations appeal most to me. Thanks for recommending the second Wat.

RoyBatty
06-02-2009, 06:30 PM
It's a great looking design Cythraul. :thumb001:

Would a white design on a black shirt (example Jack Daniel's type colour scheme) also be an option or is it unlikely to be popular?

Vulpix
06-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Multiple choice poll added. Please be careful when voting. Try to pick only one style and one size.

PS: I would suggest a white on black design.

Skandi
06-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Ok me stupid, why the c? Is that going to reduce the market?

Eldritch
06-02-2009, 07:49 PM
White with black print or vice-versa, XXL size.

Freomęg
06-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks Foxie! :D

And yes, I suppose white on black is likely to be popular. I just have so many black t-shirts with white print that I personally favour something a bit different. It would make sense though.

Ok me stupid, why the c? Is that going to reduce the market?
It's the Old English spelling of "English". I'm no expert, and while I can only find a few uses of 'Englisc' to denote the people rather than the language, it fits. The reason for it is to differentiate between the modern mainstream conception of 'English' identity (where ethnicity is not a requirement) and the old concept of Englishness (where ethnicity is key).

Tabiti
06-02-2009, 07:58 PM
I think the traditional combination for such shirt is black logo on white shirt, or black shirt with white logo, but concerning the fact it is about English heritage white shirt with red logo sounds good. Red shirt with white is too bright and unsuitable for males.
About sizes - men in M, L, XL, XXL and the so called "girlie" shirts in S, M, L series will be good enough to satisfy all;)

Vulpix
06-02-2009, 08:17 PM
I think the traditional combination for such shirt is black logo on white shirt, or black shirt with white logo, but concerning the fact it is about English heritage white shirt with red logo sounds good. Red shirt with white is too bright and unsuitable for males.
About sizes - men in M, L, XL, XXL and the so called "girlie" shirts in S, M, L series will be good enough to satisfy all;)

Artisch makes a lot of sense :thumbs up! I second exactly what she said, though I wouldn't specifically say red shirts are unsuitable for males, but I agree I think it would be less popular :shrug:.

Electronic God-Man
06-02-2009, 08:38 PM
I want mine in pink on white. :cool:

Skandi
06-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Just wash the red and white on a hot wash.

Osweo
06-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Interesting idea. I was at Sutton Hoo a few weeks back, and that design is iconic. :thumbs up I was a little uncomfortable about the swords transposed at first, but it does give it a bit more of an edge. (boom boom...)

Problem with the counties shirt, is that it's more difficult to make a return - unless you take pre-orders to know how many of each county, in each size to get printed.
What about the Kingdoms? But this is getting 'off topic'. Englisc is good enough for the moment.

I actually don't like these dark colours, and wouldn't dare wear a blazing white, considering the messy things I get up to all day. So I was wondering - what about white on racing green? I was thinking of the chalk figures of Wessex too - the Uffington White Horse and Cerne Abbas Giant sort of thing (good possible future alternatives? :)) - their 'colour scheme' is very striking, and I think it shows the Blood and Soil link well too. I believe that one of the Recreationist groups has a flag with a white horse that's rather similar, or didn't the Rohan use it in Lord of the Rings? :p

If options are limited, I could stomach another colour, of course, and would be happy to support you in this. I might venture a red (I believe it goes well with my raven locks... :eyes). Is a darker red than the one in the St George flag possible?

Electronic God-Man
06-02-2009, 10:26 PM
I was thinking of the chalk figures of Wessex too - the Uffington White Horse and Cerne Abbas Giant sort of thing (good possible future alternatives?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/47/Cerne-Abbas-Giant.svg/454px-Cerne-Abbas-Giant.svg.png

This would be pretty cool. Nothing says pride quite like a massive erect phallus.

Freomęg
06-03-2009, 09:00 AM
For the Black/White fans:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1961&stc=1&d=1244018685
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1962&stc=1&d=1244018685

For Oswiu:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1963&stc=1&d=1244018685

...and for Seuthanan ;):

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1964&stc=1&d=1244018685

What I can do is this:
I can get different colour prints done on different colour shirts without any additional cost, as it can all use the same screen. So, anyone willing to 'pre-order' can have their exact choice of colour combination and size. PM me asap stating what you want and once I've received either a paypal payment or assurance that a cheque's in the post (I'll share details by PM), I'll place the order.

Stock colours, which I will have printed in bulk will be:
Medium-dark (blood) red on white
White on black
Black on medium-dark grey

Apricity-only price of: £8 UK, £9 Europe, £10 America/Aus/NZ/SA (all inc. postage)

It would help me massively if all of you (those not buying too) could just pick your size in the poll. Don't worry about the colours. I just need to gauge most popular sizes.

Lahtari
06-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Would You Buy This T-Shirt?

No. Because I'm not English. :P

But especially the black and green designs are great. :thumbs up
I'll put my size into the poll as well.

Ulex
06-03-2009, 07:55 PM
I certainly would like to buy one - if only I was English. Which I am not. But maybe I can order a special design with this little text added:

English - since 1066 :D

Fortis in Arduis
06-05-2009, 11:55 AM
They all look wonderful. I do not really consider myself to be English, just white and British, but I would have one in all combinations of red white black grey ...

To wear as, and when...

Freomęg
06-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Okay, I've placed the order. I'll post pics here when I receive the printed shirts. I just know they're gonna look great, I've specified a nice large print.

Freomęg
06-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Shirts have arrived back from printing. Very happy with how they look. Here are some photos. Those who pre-ordered shirts, I'm sending them out today. Anyone else who's interested, I have a couple in each size. Going to be listing them on ebay soon but at a slightly higher price than offered here on TA in an attempt to cover printing costs.

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2140&stc=1&d=1245764606
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2141&stc=1&d=1245764606
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2142&stc=1&d=1245764606
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2143&stc=1&d=1245764606

Kempenzoon
06-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Wow. Those really look amazing. Not really interested in an English shirt since I'm not English, but still. Nice job.

Vulpix
06-24-2009, 07:04 AM
They do look good. Too bad I'm not English :D. Any sales yet?

rememberyourroots
06-24-2009, 07:24 AM
You my friend are a genius. I could show you the post where I begged for someone to start doing something like this.

We need a "Thor Steinar" in the Anglo-American world. Someone who starts making shirt designs that brand our heritages as cool. TS is now owned by some foreign investor in Dubai, and the designs are much less ethnically-inspired, but they set an example. Now Germany has Ansgararyan.com and erik and sons. The latter is 100% friendly to our people (Deutsche Stimme), so you can guess where the profits go. Still, there is nothing in the Ango-American world. There is a company called "Aryan Wear" and they started to do a bit of the identity promotion thing, but they still like this stupid "street gear" for asocial brawlers bs that just needs to be BURIED because its been around for 20+ years and simply doesn't help us for crap.

I am curious though...why no "h" at the end in Englisch? Did I miss something?

I'll send you that message when I find it. Maybe you'll find it useful.

Freomęg
06-24-2009, 07:41 AM
They do look good. Too bad I'm not English :D. Any sales yet?
Thanks Foxie :). No sales, just the couple of pre-orders to Apricity members. I'm going to start by listing them on ebay and if there is a demand, I'll perhaps seek better means of distribution.

In other words, we need a "Thor Steinar" in the Anglo-American world. Someone who starts making shirt designs that brand our heritage as cool.

Thank you. That was the idea. I believe that ultimately, politics, protest and the spread of information means NOTHING if we can't relearn to cherish our folkish identity. I'd like to think that by wearing this shirt, I'm telling those around me that "I love my ethnic identity and there's nothing wrong with being proud of it". If this kind of mentality can be adopted by more people, that's where our cause really gathers some meaningful pace.

I am curious though...why no "h" at the end in Englisch? Did I miss something?

"Englisc" is the Old English spelling of "English". I felt it was important to use the old spelling because it denotes a more ethnic identification of Englishness. There are many popular t-shirts which have the St George's flag on it and say "England". Problem is, no-one finds it strange for a non-indigenous Englishman to wear such shirts. "Englisc" is a term reserved for indigenous Englishmen (or at least, I'd like to make it so).

I'll send you that message when I find it. Maybe you'll find it useful.
Please do! :)

rememberyourroots
06-24-2009, 08:12 PM
I found it and sent you the message. I forgot that the notice was originally posted to an American. This makes it a bit too area-specific, but I think it still might help you with thinking of ideas.

Freomęg
06-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Any sales yet?
I listed the shirts (here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=300325218662)) on ebay only a few days ago and I've had 3 sales just from people stumbling across it. :thumb001:

Looks like I may cover the printing costs after all.

Brynhild
06-29-2009, 01:57 AM
I chose the Red on White, simply because it's in keeping with the flag of St George, as well as liking it. I would also order a female large.

Freomęg
07-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Anyone got any ideas for where I could promote these shirts? Problem is, I can't really sign up for forums just to 'advertise my product' (despite the fact that I'm not doing it for profit). People who've bought them seem to love them and I feel as though if advertised in the right places, they could become a hit.

I'm thinking blogs. I might create a banner, still or animated, that could be placed on sites that will have it.

Allenson
07-07-2009, 02:14 PM
I've been meaning to tell you, Cythraul, that I've worn mine a couple of times now and it's amazing how many sets of eyes I see flash down to my chest as I walk by or stand there talking with someone. ;)

A woman I was talking to said something to the effect of "I see it says 'English' but I'm not sure what language it's in...".

"It's in English" I replied. :)

When it comes around in the next laundry cycle, I'll get someone to take a picture of me in it....

Freomęg
07-07-2009, 03:51 PM
That's brilliant Dalton. I think the 'c' in 'Englisc' is just enough to put peoples' minds in gear and often strike up conversation. Had it just said 'English' I think it would be largely ignored (and dare I say it, meaningless, in today's world).

Gooding
07-07-2009, 04:21 PM
I'd buy it and wear it proudly..if only my heritage were recently enough English and I could claim British citizenship.:) As it is, I did put my size and preferred style down.It looks like a wonderful idea.

Freomęg
07-08-2009, 09:32 PM
I didn't realise this post went sticky. Thank you :).

Tolleson
07-09-2009, 12:37 AM
I didn't realise this post went sticky. Thank you :).

I'm sorry but that just sounds wrong on many levels! :D

Electronic God-Man
07-09-2009, 01:00 AM
Cythraul, if you're wondering why I never sent you some money to buy one it's because I'm poor. :D :(

I'd really like one but I'm literally scrounging for coins to save up for this trip to Sicily I have planned for a week from now. Money is scarce in the ole household at the moment.

I'll buy one eventually. How many are left? I assume you have a limited number, but if this takes off do you expect to produce more?

Freomęg
07-09-2009, 07:32 AM
No problem Seuthanan. I figured as much. I printed 30 shirts to start with and I have 14 left I think (in all sizes). If these sell within the next few weeks then I'll definitely see it as worthwhile to print another batch. So either way you're good. Just get in touch when/if you can afford one ;).

Freomęg
07-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Well... I've just had to place another order. Not that I've completely sold out of the first one, just certain sizes. The situation would have been far worse if I hadn't put a poll here to get everyone's help (a lot of 'extra large' people out there). So thanks for that.

These things are selling like hot-cakes. Very encouraging. I'm going to start promoting them to see if I can do even better.

Freomęg
09-26-2009, 03:54 PM
The Englisc shirts are selling really well still. I've also just produced a new design in conjunction with a pro-English organisation. What do you all think?

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2751&stc=1&d=1253980427

Electronic God-Man
09-26-2009, 10:26 PM
That's awesome.

Cato
09-27-2009, 01:15 AM
If you'd ship to the states, I'd definitely buy it. :thumbs up

Freomęg
09-27-2009, 09:58 AM
If you'd ship to the states, I'd definitely buy it. :thumbs up
I do, and... which shirt are you talking about? The new one? 'Cos the Englisc shirt is available to the States now and the Fear No Foe one will be available soon. I'll keep this thread updated.

Cato
09-27-2009, 02:23 PM
I do, and... which shirt are you talking about? The new one? 'Cos the Englisc shirt is available to the States now and the Fear No Foe one will be available soon. I'll keep this thread updated.

The Fear No Foe shirt, but the Englisc shirt I'd buy too. Is there a website where I can order? :thumbs up

Freomęg
09-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Is there a website where I can order? :thumbs up
Sure. Ebay listing here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300346572042&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT).

Freomęg
10-26-2009, 03:54 PM
'Fear No Foe' shirt, as depicted above, is now available to buy here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300361007420&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT)!

hereward
01-25-2010, 04:24 PM
My wife got me the grey englisc number from www.wearetheenglish.com along with thunor's hammer. Have a few t-shirts from them now including the wyvern/white dragon t-shirt, been there gear sporadically for two years now. I like my england mug with Churchhill quote very much. Freomęg, do you have a contract with this group then?.

Imperivm
01-25-2010, 06:49 PM
I just bought one of your t shirts posted to poole, hope it comes soon!

Freomęg
01-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Freomęg, do you have a contract with this group then?.
Yes. I have an arrangement with them whereby they've got permission to print some of my designs. It's really just a way of furthering the wider cause of English patriotism.

I just bought one of your t shirts posted to poole, hope it comes soon!
I'm on tour at the moment but I believe my fiance posted it yesterday mate. Many thanks - hope you enjoy it :thumb001:

Imperivm
01-26-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm on tour at the moment but I believe my fiance posted it yesterday mate. Many thanks - hope you enjoy it :thumb001:

Top job thank you!

Beorn
08-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Any chance of making the black t-shirts available again, Freomęg?

Aces High
09-11-2011, 04:15 PM
For a while, I've been keeping an eye out on the net and on eBay for t-shirt designs pertaining to English or British heritage. I'm not talking English flags or any other tacky patriotic decoy, but nice-looking shirts which show people you're proud of your ethnic heritage.

The English have been forced deep into a corner, where today, to be 'English' or 'British' means nothing - ethnically, ancestrally or culturally speaking. I'm willing to bet there are thousands upon thousands of Englishmen desperate to find a way to distinguish their ethnic identity. England football shirts - and even flags - don't serve much purpose (whites are a minority in the England team). So I've taken it upon myself to create some designs which display an unambiguous statement of identity.

Here's the first design. I may invest some money and print a whole bunch up, but I want to get some feedback first. If it seems viable, I'll sell some shirts on ebay to cover costs and give everyone the opportunity to show their English roots.

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1952&stc=1&d=1243956431

So, what do you all think? Any suggestions for alternative colours?

If you decide to print one up in brown or a dark mustard colour then ill buy a couple.

(to hide the dribble and food stains and fag ash............which i imagine is a concern and a real issue of every true Englishman)

Turkey
09-26-2011, 07:02 AM
Turkey wants a T-shirt!

Germanic King
08-28-2014, 11:43 PM
Perhaps this will help:

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1954&stc=1&d=1243962994

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1955&stc=1&d=1243962994

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1956&stc=1&d=1243962994

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1957&stc=1&d=1243962994

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1958&stc=1&d=1243962994

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1959&stc=1&d=1243962994

The 5th one.

Germanic King
08-28-2014, 11:45 PM
The Englisc shirts are selling really well still. I've also just produced a new design in conjunction with a pro-English organisation. What do you all think?

http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2751&stc=1&d=1253980427

This.

Anglojew
08-28-2014, 11:45 PM
Navy with red print please

Smaug
08-29-2014, 12:05 AM
No! Fucking Saesneg!

FeederOfRavens
08-29-2014, 01:42 AM
No! Fucking Saesneg!

Be careful of the words you say Celt terrorist.

Guapo
08-29-2014, 01:53 AM
I'd buy it in a heartbeat

Graham
09-07-2014, 05:55 AM
The design looks cool.

Neon Knight
03-23-2015, 12:48 AM
This thread really needs deleting.