PDA

View Full Version : Greece has conducted a military exercise of invading Turkey

Onur
05-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Yes you read it correctly :D

Despite their bankrupt state and miserable situation, Greek army conducted a four day military exercise in 14-18 May and practiced about crossing the Turkish border from Meriç/Evros river in western Thrace with boats and tanks.

Here are some pictures from their invasion exercise;

http://www.defencenet.gr/defence/images/stories/LEO2Eve5B.jpg
http://www.defencenet.gr/defence/images/stories/LEO2Eve7.jpg
http://www.defencenet.gr/defence/images/stories/LEO2Eve4.jpg

These are from Greek military defense website;
http://www.defencenet.gr/defence/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=42390&Itemid=139

In the Greek article, it says that the young Greek military officers never forgets thinking about advancing through the eastern Thrace (Turkey) even for a single day (!!!)

Contra Mundum
05-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Both are NATO members. Who are we supposed to aid if a war breaks out?

Loki
05-23-2012, 06:34 PM

Depends who fires the first shot I suppose ...

The Lawspeaker
05-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Depends who fires the first shot I suppose ...

The one that calls in art. 5 so suppose Greece would attack Turkey and Turkey calls in art. 5 then it would be.. showtime. And that's not a very pleasant thought. It would be the same if Turkey invades Greece and Greece calls in art. 5.

Loki
05-23-2012, 06:39 PM

Turkey is too valuable to the US. The UK and Germany are both strong supporters of Turkey. So the Greek army better not go there ...

dralos
05-23-2012, 06:39 PM
why is a girl in greek military website looking for a waitress job in belgium

Contra Mundum
05-23-2012, 06:42 PM
What if Israel and Turkey went to war? I bet the US would renege on its NATO treaty obligations in that fight.

The Lawspeaker
05-23-2012, 06:42 PM
What if Israel and Turkey went to war? I bet the US would renege on its NATO treaty obligations in that fight.

Probably. I guess that America then could risk losing NATO.

Queen B
05-23-2012, 06:44 PM
What a stupid article - again !
:rotfl:

Especially when it comes from a Turkish citizen, who should know that his country holds a casus belli against the above mentioned (Greece) country.

If we weren't supposed to do military practice, we wouldn't have to serve military in a first place. This is why people go to military. Learn how to use guns, how to survive and act in case of war, and depending on the department that they are part of , they do they necessary training.

The training is whitin our borders, with our military equiment that we already have bought. Yes, its better to use it even for training, you know, instead of let it just standing.

The article says nothing of what you mentioned though.
Another stupid post copy-pasted from stupid propaganda sites. No suprise.

Contra Mundum
05-23-2012, 06:47 PM

Especially when it comes from a Turkish citizen, who should know that his country holds a casus belli against the above mentioned (Greece) country.

If we weren't supposed to do military practice, we wouldn't have to serve military in a first place. This is why people go to military. Learn how to use guns, how to survive and act in case of war, and depending on the department that they are part of , they do they necessary training.

The training is whitin our borders, with our military equiment that we already have bought. Yes, its better to use it even for training, you know, instead of let it just standing.

uh huh, we know you Greeks are planning on rebuilding Alexanders empire. Don't lie.

The Lawspeaker
05-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Propaganda or not. If Greece would attack Turkey or Turkey would attack Greece and the defending party would call in art.5 then the attacker will be bombed back to the Stone Age.

dralos
05-23-2012, 06:48 PM
obiviously greece cant defeat turkey so if they're doing this is waste of money and also kinda stupid bcs nobody is looking for war

Contra Mundum
05-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Propaganda or not. If Greece would attack Turkey or Turkey would attack Greece and the defending party would call in art.5 then the attacker will be bombed back to the Stone Age.

What if both countries call it in?

Loki
05-23-2012, 06:51 PM

You are right :)

The Lawspeaker
05-23-2012, 06:51 PM
What if both countries call it in?

That has never happened. What article 5 (http://www.nato.int/terrorism/five.htm) says is this:

The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognised by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.

Any such armed attack and all measures taken as a result thereof shall immediately be reported to the Security Council. Such measures shall be terminated when the Security Council has taken the measures necessary to restore and maintain international peace and security.

So this clearly means that the defenders will be defended against the attacker.

Loki
05-23-2012, 06:52 PM

Yep:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casus_belli#Greece_and_Turkey

Contra Mundum
05-23-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't think it would be that cut and dry* despite the wording of the alliance agreement. If it involved two NATO countries, I suspect diplomacy would be used instead.

The Lawspeaker
05-23-2012, 06:54 PM
I don't think it would be that cut and cry despite the wording of the alliance agreement. If it involved two NATO countries, I suspect diplomacy would be used instead.
I don't think so because NATO's raison d'être is already a bit flimsy since the Soviets are no longer there and they can't afford to look weak now.

Contra Mundum
05-23-2012, 06:58 PM
I don't think so because NATO's raison d'être is already a bit flimsy since the Soviets are no longer there and they can't afford to look weak now.

But waging war on a fellow NATO country would make it look weak.

The Lawspeaker
05-23-2012, 06:59 PM
But waging war on a fellow NATO country would make it look weak.

Not really. It would show the world that NATO is exactly what it has been created for: protecting it's members from an attack. Even from an attack by a rogue wolf.

Queen B
05-23-2012, 07:00 PM
uh huh, we know you Greeks are planning on rebuilding Alexanders empire. Don't lie.
Unlike our neighbors, we don't have such dreams.

Siberian Cold Breeze
05-23-2012, 07:00 PM
From a Greek person in some random forum..
"Our prophecies say that you'll attack Greece and WE Greeks and Russians will disappear you from the world map once and for all...the 1/3 of you will be killed,the 1/3 will Christianize and the other 1/3 will return to your real motherland,deep into Asia,from where you begun the expansive and inhuman conquests against us,so don't keep on having hope for your future...your fate is sealed...cu in battle then"

Prophecies? Aristo must be spinning in his grave..:rolleyes:

Turkophagos
05-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Unlike our neighbors, we don't have such dreams.

http://media-1.web.britannica.com/eb-media/31/7031-004-B54C494B.gif

I do.

Queen B
05-23-2012, 09:03 PM
I do.
:cool:

Onur
05-23-2012, 10:50 PM
This article is from a Greek military web site, talking about an exercise done by your army right at our border.

Our army do train as well but we don't do invasion plans and exercises about our neighbors.

Are you trying to gain advantage of our ignorance to your Greek language? I took this article from a Turkish minority of western Thrace website and they translated the article word by word. Even google translate of the greekdefense website confirms what i wrote here. Do not lie again as you always did.

Btw, yes it is from a propaganda website but it`s doing a propaganda about your poor state`s petty army.

The one that calls in art. 5 so suppose Greece would attack Turkey and Turkey calls in art. 5 then it would be.. showtime. And that's not a very pleasant thought. It would be the same if Turkey invades Greece and Greece calls in art. 5.
Guys, stop talking about article.5 of NATO, it`s pointless.

If any conflict gets created by Greeks against us, then this immediately becomes an issue of our national pride. Turkey never calls anyone`s help against Greece because we consider it as a disgrace and if any politician thinks about doing that, then he gets branded as a weakling and his carrier in politics gets over here. Already, it doesn't matter anything if whole EU tries to help Greece either. No matter what, it takes less than 72 hours for our generals to drink their Turkish coffee in central Athens. Also, i dont think anyone dares to help them either because when things gets over the edge, Greeks will always be all alone against us just as it happened in Cyprus conflict in 1974. No one dares to do anything to us except publishing few criticism declarations.

Peyrol
05-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Erdogan's wet dream?

http://www.allaboutturkey.com/img/ottoman-empire-1580.gif

Siberian Cold Breeze
05-23-2012, 10:57 PM
ahaha so naive..
Erdoğan is a good friend of Obama ,ask him pls..
Who are the creaters of "Great Middleastern Project " ?
Not secular Turkish Nationalists ..trust me..

Onur
05-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Another example is the stupid Kardak/Imia island crisis.

They tried to invade a small islet in 1994, just 2 miles away from Turkish coasts, visible from our shores but 1000+ miles away from Greece. They sent a priest and few kids to there first and they did some stupid charade by planting a giant cross on the islet. When they sent Greek naval commandos to there, we sent an ultimatum to them about leaving the islet in a week. They refused to do so and then we sent few of our commandos to there, shoot down one of their helicopters nearby the islet and they ran like chickens and couldn't even complain about their helicopter either.

Greeks are like that. They need a slap from us at least once in every decade otherwise they get so cocky and arrogant and do stupid stuff.

Erdogan's wet dream?
Been there and done that for centuries just like you Italians did with Roman empire. So, no thank you, not again.

I would never ever like to live in an empire again where we have to deal with the problems of stupid middle-east and idiotic Balkans. I am so happy with my nation state.

Peyrol
05-23-2012, 11:03 PM

I do.

JEoNmdVmWoI

Crn Volk
05-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Yes you read it correctly :D

Despite their bankrupt state and miserable situation, Greek army conducted a four day military exercise in 14-18 May and practiced about crossing the Turkish border from Meriç/Evros river in western Thrace with boats and tanks.

Here are some pictures from their invasion exercise;

http://www.defencenet.gr/defence/images/stories/LEO2Eve5B.jpg
http://www.defencenet.gr/defence/images/stories/LEO2Eve7.jpg
http://www.defencenet.gr/defence/images/stories/LEO2Eve4.jpg

These are from Greek military defense website;
http://www.defencenet.gr/defence/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=42390&Itemid=139

In the Greek article, it says that the young Greek military officers never forgets thinking about advancing through the eastern Thrace (Turkey) even for a single day (!!!)

Greece is in a political and economic crisis at the moment. Such moves are very dangerous, and I would not put it past a future nationalist Greek govt to make such moves.

Queen B
05-24-2012, 06:37 PM
This article is from a Greek military web site, talking about an exercise done by your army right at our border.

Stupidity is the article being made to say hilarious things like '' practicing to attack Turkey'' .
We can do whatever we want within our borders.
Do we need to ask for permission? Give me a break Onur, care about the country you are citizen of and stop being obsessed about Greece.

Our army do train as well but we don't do invasion plans and exercises about our neighbors.

First of all, you fucking hold a casus belli. When you take it back, tell me about attacking or not your neighbors.
Secondly, neither do we.

Are you trying to gain advantage of our ignorance to your Greek language? I took this article from a Turkish minority of western Thrace website and they translated the article word by word. Even google translate of the greekdefense website confirms what i wrote here. Do not lie again as you always did.
No, I am informing you that there is shittly propaganda, like the other stupid article with the wrong translation of Samara's video for elections and the shitty translation of Elitis' poem.
Your compatriots do not translate it as it is, just to fire up your already big hatred.
The article says nothing like you mention. I can translate everything word by word if you want.

Btw, yes it is from a propaganda website but it`s doing a propaganda about your poor state`s petty army.

Its doing propaganda to feed sick minds that are already blinded with hatred and obsessed with Greece.

Sultan Suleiman
05-24-2012, 06:48 PM
First of all, you fucking hold a casus belli. When you take it back, tell me about attacking or not your neighbors.
Secondly, neither do we.

I didn't realize that Onur is one of the top dogs in Turkey's government :eek:

The Lawspeaker
05-24-2012, 06:49 PM

Is that so ? Well well.. Onur still owes us all a huge favour then: call back your countrymen, please. We're full. :)

StonyArabia
05-24-2012, 06:51 PM
No Eastern European nation is capable of attacking Turkey and comming out declaring victory, the only one that has the capability is Russia. I think the article is just exaggerting also it's doubtful that two NATO nations will prowel against one another.

Queen B
05-24-2012, 06:54 PM

That's whats bad when a language - English- is so simple.
You in English could mean you (singular) and you (plural).

Linet
05-24-2012, 08:47 PM

I do.

Oh come on...even from Italy? And Serbia? :o Leave something out... :whistle:

Linet
05-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Imia?
Do you know a country to sneak into the middle of the night onto an islet and set its flag and take pictures and spread them on the news.... if that islet belonged to it? Thats normal to you? That sounds like what who attacks would be doing...