PDA

View Full Version : Should a woman take her husband's name?

Pages : [1] 2

Mraz
05-24-2012, 07:10 PM
The title says it all, what do you think of this tradition?

I vote yes, traditions have to be maintained.

Aces High
05-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Why not.....she takes all his fucking money.....:(

Sikeliot
05-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Only if she wants to.

Mraz
05-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Only if she wants to.

If she really loves him, she'd take his name.

The Lawspeaker
05-24-2012, 07:17 PM
That's a good question. In the Netherlands it is indeed a tradition for a woman to take her husband's name but the law was recently changed so that it is possible for a couple to combine names etc.

Sikeliot
05-24-2012, 07:17 PM
If she really loves him, she'd take his name.

You could look at it the other way. If he really loved her, he'd let her make the decision for herself.

Siegfried
05-24-2012, 07:18 PM
It gets ridiculous when you a person has a hyphenated last name so long that nobody can't pronounce because the parent's couldn't agree on the last name.

I don't see why a woman shouldn't.

Rastko
05-24-2012, 07:20 PM
She can just add my surrname to hers,but children will have only my surname.

Mraz
05-24-2012, 07:21 PM
You could look at it the other way. If he really loved her, he'd let her make the decision for herself.

I don't speak about obligation, take it this way, would you prefer your wife to take your name?

The Lawspeaker
05-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Why not.....she takes all his fucking money.....:(

True. Unless you're smart enough to marry a young but filthy rich widow in her twens whose plutocrat husband recently had an accident. ;)

Aces High
05-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Here in Italy the woman keeps her family name but the kids take the fathers name.

SilverKnight
05-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Is her choice, she said she wants my last name tho.

PetiteParisienne
05-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Different countries have different traditions. Personally, I think that taking your husband's name is the best thing to do. It helps to define and solidify the family unit.

GeistFaust
05-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Yes, they should take the name, and I don't care how socially independent or intelligent the woman might be. Its just part of a proper social tradition, which operates the way it does, because it is according itself with a healthy perspective of society and culture.

In a sense the man is the active force in the marriage if we want to consider this sexually, and the woman would not be capable of engaging herself without such an active force.

There would no truly synthetic or unifying form upon which the marriage would activate and operate itself without the active force of the man. It would be merely a null and void activity, so its only an appropriate symbolic measure for the woman to take the surname of her husband.

Loki
05-24-2012, 08:02 PM
I would never consider marrying a woman who would not take my surname. It is disrespectful of the woman ... and she can find a sissy boy teddy bear if that is what she really wants ;)

Comte Arnau
05-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Never. And children should carry both lineages visibly with the same pride for both surnames.

Archduke
05-24-2012, 08:07 PM
If she wants to, but children will have my surname.

2Cool
05-24-2012, 08:12 PM
I would never consider marrying a woman who would not take my surname. It is disrespectful of the woman ... and she can find a sissy boy teddy bear if that is what she really wants ;)

How so?

BiałaZemsta
05-24-2012, 08:14 PM
It is clearly just a tradition that the woman changes her last name when married. To me, if she is not willing to change her surname, it is not only disrespectful, but it also shows a lack of commitment to the relationship.

Comte Arnau
05-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Is Iberia the only non-machoist region in Europe in this regard?

CelticViking
05-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Yes, but sometimes people have a dieing out surname or get a divorce and find it hard to change it back.

SilverKnight
05-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Never. And children should carry both lineages visibly with the same pride for both surnames.

Here in America is very common for a women to take the husband's surname. The only reason I accept it is because my fiancee wants it to be that way and she begs for it.

Back in Dominican Rep. we have a very traditional colonial mindset in terms of names and hierarchy, I would carry not just my father's last name in legal terms, but that of my mother's as well, together.

Loki
05-24-2012, 08:22 PM
How so?

If a woman is unwilling to take your surname as a man, then she does not respect you as a man ... and is probably just after your money or something else ... and will get her masculine satisfaction somewhere else.

That is just how women are.

Comte Arnau
05-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Here in America is very common for a women to take the husband's surname. The only reason I accept it is because my fiancee wants it to be that way and she begs for it.

I personally find that very sad. And I'm frankly astonished by women accepting it as if normal, to be honest.

Isn't there the possibility of joining both surnames with a hyphen? I've seen in movie credits how some Latinos do that.

Panopticon
05-24-2012, 08:24 PM
If a woman is unwilling to take your surname as a man, then she does not respect you as a man ... and is probably just after your money or something else ... and will get her masculine satisfaction somewhere else.

Some women keep their husbands surname even after they're divorced because of the status it gives. Anna Anka who divorced from Paul Anka f.e. And they might just do it to piss off the ex.

I do agree that the woman should be willing to give up her surname to take up her husbands surname though. That women would not take her husbands necessarily is a sign of her being after the money.

Supreme American
05-24-2012, 08:24 PM
Yes... This is a no-brainer.

Hurrem sultana
05-24-2012, 08:25 PM
No i don't think so ,screw that tradition

Supreme American
05-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Isn't there the possibility of joining both surnames with a hyphen? I've seen in movie credits how some Latinos do that.

People do it. I view it as feministic garbage.

Hurrem sultana
05-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Is Iberia the only non-machoist region in Europe in this regard?

In islam it is forbidden for a woman to take her husbands name

Supreme American
05-24-2012, 08:26 PM

Is there a particular reason you'd trash our traditions? Considering you are willing to still identify as a Muslim, I don't know why you'd trash patriarchal marriage tradition.

2Cool
05-24-2012, 08:27 PM

That's bullshit. Many cultures don't practice this custom. Including in Europe.

This practice dates back to the time when women were considered the property of their husband. A husband 'owned' his wife, and for that reason she would take his last name. So in a sense women talking their husband's last name is a sign of disrespect and misogyny.

Hurrem sultana
05-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Is there a particular reason you'd trash our traditions? Considering you are willing to still identify as a Muslim, I don't know why you'd trash patriarchal marriage tradition.

islam is against it,,,a woman is supposed to have the name of her father not husband

Comte Arnau
05-24-2012, 08:32 PM
People do it. I view it as feministic garbage.

Well, to me if my children didn't inherit both surnames, it'd be like me spitting on my wife's face. Which I don't do.

Really? Then why isn't it transmitted? Because afaik, children only have their father's family name.

SilverKnight
05-24-2012, 08:32 PM
I personally find that very sad. And I'm frankly astonished by women accepting it as if normal, to be honest.

Yes it's possible but I don't find it as a right thing to do somehow.

Hurrem sultana
05-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Really? Then why isn't it transmitted? Because afaik, children only have their father's family name.

Apparently in the Koran it stands "on the day of the judgment i am going to call you by your names and the name of yours father"....so it is against islam to change your heritage(fathers name)

Flintlocke
05-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Back when men were manly is was a matter of pride for a woman to take her man's name and continue the race with his seed. Nowadays with those pansy wimps it doesn't matter cause women dominate them anyway.

Comte Arnau
05-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Apparently in the Koran it stands "on the day of the judgment i am going to call you by your names and the name of yours father"....so it is against islam to change your heritage(fathers name)

I see. Your mother's name is not worthy heritage.

2Cool
05-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Well, to me if my children didn't inherit both surnames, it'd be like me spitting on my wife's face. Which I don't do.

Because it's a patriarchal society. Same thing with Iberia. You'll give your kids your surname, and your wife's surname. But both surnames comes from father's side. Otherwise surnames would grow exponentially after each generation.

Hurrem sultana
05-24-2012, 08:39 PM
I see. Your mother's name is not worthy heritage.

Her name is her fathers name,my name is my fathers name.No reason to reject anyone's name :D

Comte Arnau
05-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Because it's a patriarchal society. Same thing with Iberia. You'll give your kids your surname, and your wife's surname. But both surnames comes from father's side. Otherwise surnames would grow exponentially after each generation.

I thought it was the mother's surname which came first in Portugal. I was wrong then.

In Spain nowadays, you can put the mother's surname first, but it's true that it's rare, as the father's has been traditionally the first one. The only thing you can't do is using alternate orders for brothers. The second child has to follow the same order as the first.

Sultan Suleiman
05-24-2012, 08:47 PM

A ti tako konezrvativna fol :)

Ono ne da se :lol:

2Cool
05-24-2012, 08:49 PM
I thought it was the mother's surname which came first in Portugal. I was wrong then.

In Spain nowadays, you can put the mother's surname first, but it's true that it's rare, as the father's has been traditionally the first one. The only thing you can't do is using alternate orders for brothers. The second child has to follow the same order as the first.

In Portugal it's the mother first then father. In Spain it's the reverse. But both names come from the father's side of the mother and father so the lineage from the Mother's side always gets dropped after 1 gen.

Mraz
05-24-2012, 08:50 PM

I don't believe in Kuran era there were surnames, only father's firstname as surname, basically, if you follow this idea, every Muslim should reject his lastname and take his father's firstname as lastname.

Hurrem sultana
05-24-2012, 08:51 PM
A ti tako konezrvativna fol :)

Ono ne da se :lol:

ponosno nosim djevojacko prezime:D:D:D

Hurrem sultana
05-24-2012, 08:53 PM
I don't believe in Kuran era there were surnames, only father's firstname as surname, basically, if you follow this idea, every Muslim should reject his lastname and take his father's firstname as lastname.

Bosniaks started using surnames only recently,so did europeans...i mean before it was "Hasan sin Muhamedov":D in arabs world it is still so

Loki
05-24-2012, 08:54 PM
That's bullshit. Many cultures don't practice this custom. Including in Europe.

Yeah? Which ones in Europe, besides the Islamic enclaves?

Over here in Europe ... if your wife does not take your surname, everyone will think you're a wuss, a weakling, etc.

Where do you live? America or Portugal? I don't know about Portugal's culture, but I am talking from a Germanic perspective.

Sultan Suleiman
05-24-2012, 08:55 PM
In Bosnia it's tradition if a man of lower (noble) status marries in a higher status family the name of both would be combined. While the children would carry the family name depending was the marriage maternal or "normal", but that tradition is long gone since the system of Houses no longer exists :P

While in todays's times I expect her to take my name.

StonyArabia
No, especially if she has a tribal name, she should keep it and not erase it.

Hurrem sultana

if you talk about Bosnia,we do take our husbands names

D_Sheetz
05-24-2012, 08:56 PM
No. My husband will take my name, or GTFO.

I wouldn't plan on having a husband with that attitude O.o

Hurrem sultana
05-24-2012, 08:57 PM
In Bosnia it's tradition if a man of lower (noble) status marries in a higher status family the name of both would be combined. While the children would carry the family name depending was the marriage maternal or "normal", but that tradition is long gone since the system of Houses no longer exists :P

While in todays's times I expect her to take my name.

Today it is also very common in Bosnia to just add your husbands name to your own,,all my friends and cousins in Bosnia kept their name,,,so they are for example Hodzic Kovacevic

the children take only the fathers name

Grumpy Cat
05-24-2012, 08:58 PM

Over here in Europe ... if your wife does not take your surname, everyone will think you're a wuss, a weakling, etc.

Where do you live? America or Portugal? I don't know about Portugal's culture, but I am talking from a Germanic perspective.

He lives in Quebec, a lot of people don't take their husband's surnames there. Hyphenated names and also blended names can be found there. It's not about guys being wussy, or women disrespecting men, or feminism, but actually a kneejerk reaction to the Catholic church after the Quiet Revolution.

I was trying to find a Wikipedia article on Quebec names, but it appears to be gone.

This is also found in Latin America as well, and it wouldn't surprise me, Latin Europe.

PetiteParisienne
05-24-2012, 08:58 PM
When a man and woman get married, they form their own family. Since Europe is patriarchal, the man is traditionally regarded as the head of the family. This could mean that he represents the family, that he has the final say, etc, depending on individual interpretation. I don't know any married women today who took their husbands' respective surnames because they consider themselves property of their husbands. It's a way to unify the family nominally. My husband honours me and my parents by treating us with love and the utmost respect. I don't need my maiden name carried on in order to feel important.

2Cool
05-24-2012, 08:59 PM

Portugal and Spain, and I'm sure it's the case in other European countries.

You can read about the customs here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_name

2Cool
05-24-2012, 09:02 PM
He lives in Quebec, a lot of people don't take their husband's surnames there. Hyphenated names and also blended names can be found there. It's not about guys being wussy but actually a kneejerk reaction to the Catholic church after the Quiet Revolution.

This is also found in Latin America as well, and it wouldn't surprise me, Latin Europe.

In Quebec, it's a customary for the wife to adopt the husband's surname since that's how France does it, and the British. Recently this practice has become less popular since it's a pain in the ass to have to change your name, and IDs and also because divorce rates high. People only have one surname and it's their father's. Marriages as a whole have decreased as well and many people prefer cohabitation.

Grumpy Cat
05-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Oh, found it:

French Canadian names

Given names in Quebec
In French Canada, up until the late 1960s, children of Roman Catholic origin were given three names at birth (usually not hyphenated): the first, Marie or Joseph, usually indicated the gender of the child. The second was usually the name of the godfather or godmother, while the third and last given name was the name used in everyday situations. Thus, a child prenamed Joseph Bruno Jean on his birth or baptismal certificate would indicate the baby to be a boy, the godfather's first name to be Bruno and that the child would be called Jean (and not Joseph) for all intents and purposes of everyday life. This naming convention was in the most part dropped following the Quiet Revolution (late 1960s), and is now seen much more rarely. The Quebec government recommends not using more than four given names.[4]

Surnames in Quebec

Currently, most couples give the child the surname of the father, though the Quebec civil code allows a couple to combine at most two of their surnames, with or without hyphens.[5] Thus a couple named Joseph Bouchard-Tremblay and Marie Dion-Roy could give to their children the surnames Bouchard, Tremblay, Dion, Roy, Bouchard-Tremblay, Dion-Roy, Bouchard-Dion, Bouchard-Roy, etc. In Quebec, name change upon marriage is no longer automatic, and is difficult or impossible to do if desired. Requests for a name change in Quebec require a reason, and requests to adopt a husband's name after marriage have been denied in the past.[6][7][8]

The "nom-dit" tradition
Until the late 19th century, several families also had a "nom-dit" tradition. This was a family nickname (literally a "said name").[9] The origins of the noms-dits were various. Some noms-dits were the war-name of the first settler, while he was a soldier: Hébert dit Jolicoeur (Pretty Heart, cf. Braveheart), Thomas dit Tranchemontagne (mountain chopper). Some denoted the place of origin of the first settler: Langevin (Anjou), Barbeau dit Poitevin (Poitou). Others probably denoted a characteristic of the person or of his dwelling: Lacourse, Lépine, Larivičre.

This is less common among Acadians, though. Although Acadians don't have a large pool of last names, or fist names because many still use names approved by the Catholic church, so people are often referred to by nicknames to tell eachother apart. It usually goes: *their name* a *father's name* and if that still isn't specific enough it can go back more generations. We have a folk song about it where the girl in the song's name is Mariette a Bill a Joe a Jean.

bY39TMsMIPE

It gets more convoluted when people use nicknames in this concoction. I remember when there was a murder here, the cops had a hard time finding out the real name of "Michel a Donald Quack" who was the suspect, but nobody knew his real last name, or his father's real name.

I'd take the last name of the guy I marry, for the record.

Sultan Suleiman
05-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Today it is also very common in Bosnia to just add your husbands name to your own,,all my friends and cousins in Bosnia kept their name,,,so they are for example Hodzic Kovacevic

the children take only the fathers name

I noticed that especially with the "educated elite" :P

But the Houses are no longer here, why keep that tradition which dishonors and diminishes the man? The main purpose of combining of the names was to show the world that man was socially inferior before marrying in the family.

There is no way I would ever allow such humiliation :mad:

StonyArabia
05-24-2012, 09:07 PM
The Islamic culture does not encourage women to take the surname of the husband because she does not belong to him, and it's also more of an Arabian culture, because most surnames are often are tribal in origins especially in Arabia, and you should not ever erase your tribal lineage. For example if you married a girl called Layla Hotiwati and your tribal/surname was Yasi from the Bani Yas tribe, your wife should not get your name out of respect. Although there is also surnames that are not linked to tribes but those people are outside and not mainstream and even then the woman are encouraged to keep their name. As well most often the intermarriage occurs within the tribe's different clans rather than outside tribes, it's a complex system of geneology that Westerners will have a hard time understanding it.

2Cool
05-24-2012, 09:08 PM
When a man and woman get married, they form their own family. Since Europe is patriarchal, the man is traditionally regarded as the head of the family. This could mean that he represents the family, that he has the final say, etc, depending on individual interpretation. I don't know any married women today who took their husbands' respective surnames because they consider themselves property of their husbands. It's a way to unify the family nominally. My husband honours me and my parents by treating us with love and the utmost respect. I don't need my maiden name carried on in order to feel important.

That's because a lot of people don't know where the custom comes from.

If it was really about forming a family unit then men wouldn't have a problem adopting their wife's name instead, but most wouldn't do that because they wouldn't feel macho enough. The tradition has its origins in gender inequality. I also don't believe that doing either custom affects family unity. If that were the case you'd see a significant difference in divorce rates between countries who practice the different customs. But you don't.

Sultan Suleiman
05-24-2012, 09:11 PM
The Arabic culture does not encourage women to take the surname of the husband because she does not belong to him, and it's also more of an Arabian culture, because most surnames are often are tribal in origins especially in Arabia, and you should not ever erase your tribal lineage. For example if you married a girl called Layla Hotiwati and your tribal/surname was Yasi from the Bani Yas tribe, your wife should not get your name out of respect. Although there is also surnames that are not linked to tribes but those people are outside and not mainstream and even then the woman are encouraged to keep their name. As well most often the intermarriage occurs within the tribe's different clans rather than outside tribes, it's a complex system of geneology that Westerners will have a hard time understanding it.

Bosnian system of Houses is a blend of Irano-Afghani and native/Slavo-Germanic customs and traditions.

And it's ARABIC - NOT ISLAMIC CULTURE you get most of your traditions from.

D_Sheetz
05-24-2012, 09:14 PM

Amen to that!

Leliana
05-24-2012, 09:16 PM
It's tradition that us women take the surname of the man and that's how it should be.

PetiteParisienne
05-24-2012, 09:22 PM
That's because a lot of people don't know where the custom comes from.

If it was really about forming a family unit then men wouldn't have a problem adopting their wife's name instead, but most wouldn't do that because they wouldn't feel macho enough. The tradition has its origins in gender inequality. I also don't believe that doing either custom affects family unity. If that were the case you'd see a significant difference in divorce rates between countries who practice the different customs. But you don't.

The origins of a tradition are one thing, a tradition with staying-power is another. It does not matter to me why people still use the man's surname. The tradition is still observed by many atheists and agnostics, which means it must make people happy regardless of faith (or lack thereof) or the perception of gender roles.

As I said, it unifies the family nominally.

Sultan Suleiman
05-24-2012, 09:26 PM
It's tradition that us women take the surname of the man and that's how it should be.

Vidiš Meldi čak je i Njemica skontala kako treba biti :D

Hurrem sultana
05-24-2012, 09:35 PM

ona je krojena za tebe,,em plava,,em tradicionalna :D

Mraz
05-24-2012, 09:38 PM

And what if the father is a foreigner? Do traditions still apply? :D

Sultan Suleiman
05-24-2012, 09:43 PM
ona je krojena za tebe,,em plava,,em tradicionalna :D

Ne bio odbijo misionarsku poziciju u njezinom djelu zapadne Slavije :thumb001:

Ali ti si Sunitkinja znači na pola si puta već :lol:

Queen B
05-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Here in Greece, up until 1984 (I think) a woman automatically took her husband's name, unless there was a special application to keep hers.
After that year, you just choose .

I wouldn't mind take my husbands' name, though, unless
1) He has a very ugly/funny surname
2) I have a very ''strong'' (historical) name to carry . If I was from Niarchos or Onassis family, for example :lol:

The Lawspeaker
05-24-2012, 10:01 PM
As for me. It would depend on the factor on whether I stay in the country or whether economic necessity drives me out (which is not as implausible as it sounds because of the current European economy). If I would get married and she would be foreign in any way shape or form then it could well be that she simply cannot pronounce my last name. Dutch is a very guttural language and difficult to pronounce for foreigners (even if you jerries claim that you can learn to speak Dutch: try to pronounce it. Even Reinhard Mey couldn't do it) so then necessity would force me to adopt her last name. But since I am the only child of my parents I hope that I will be able to carry on the name.

But I would prefer to have her adopt my last name and then add her last name to it like for instance (suppose that my last name would be Jansen.) Mevr. Jansen- Pietersen. I, however, would retain my last name.

Supreme American
05-24-2012, 10:03 PM
So in a sense women talking their husband's last name is a sign of disrespect and misogyny.

Oh, God... :rolleyes:

The Lawspeaker
05-24-2012, 10:06 PM
This practice dates back to the time when women were considered the property of their husband. A husband 'owned' his wife, and for that reason she would take his last name. So in a sense women talking their husband's last name is a sign of disrespect and misogyny.
Back in the old days ? Yes. But today's connotations are more romantic. However the Icelanders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelandic_names) don't seem to do it because they don't have last names in the sense that we do.

Supreme American
05-24-2012, 10:09 PM
so then necessity would force me to adopt her last name.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/limpwrist.gif

The Lawspeaker
05-24-2012, 10:11 PM
http://ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/limpwrist.gif

Hmm try to pronounce Dutch. Germans can't, French can't, Americans can't, the English can't. It takes Dutch, Flemish, Surinamese, Afrikaners and people from the Netherlands Antilles to pronounce Dutch the right away. For the rest it's a tongue twister.

It would be a sign of disrespecting your wife by forcing her to take a name she can't even pronounce.

Sultan Suleiman
05-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Back in the old days ? Yes. But today's connotations are more romantic. However the Icelanders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelandic_names) don't seem to do it because they don't have last names in the sense that we do.

The peasantry had the same naming "traditions" like that for a while here before the last names stabilized; If a man called Armin had a son the son surname would be Arminović and if he had a daughter she would be Arminovićeva/ova.

The Lawspeaker
05-24-2012, 10:15 PM
The peasantry had the same naming "traditions" like that for a while here before the last names stabilized; If a man called Armin had a son the son surname would be Arminović and if he had a daughter she would be Arminovićeva.

Same here before last names were made compulsory by Napoleon himself. Before that it would be like Jan Janszoon (or Jan Jansz. Corrupted to Jan Jansen) had a daughter then her " lastname" would be Jansdochter. And in the case of a son it would be Jan Janszoon.

Netherlands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patronymic#Netherlands)
In Dutch, patronymics were often used in place of family names or as middle names. Patronymics were composed of the father's name plus an ending -zoon for sons, -dochter for daughters. For instance, Abel Janszoon Tasman is "Abel son of Jan Tasman", and Kenau Simonsdochter Hasselaer: "Kenau, daughter of Simon Hasselaer". In written form, these endings were often abbreviated as -sz. and -dr. respectively e.g. Jeroen Cornelisz. "Jeroen son of Cornelis", or Dirck Jacobsz. The endings -s, -se and -sen were also commonly used for sons and often for daughters too. In the northern provinces, -s, as genitive case, was almost universally used for both sons and daughters. Patronymics were common in the Dutch United Provinces until the French invasion in 1795 and subsequent annexation in 1810. As the Netherlands were now a province of France, a registry of births, deaths and marriages was established in 1811, whereupon emperor Napoleon forced the Dutch to register and adopt a distinct surname.[2] Often, they simply made the patronymics the new family names, and modern Dutch patronymic-based surnames such as Jansen, Pietersen and Willemsen abound. Others chose their profession or habitat as family names: Bakker (baker), Slachter (butcher), van Dijk (of dike) etc.

Patroniemen (http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patroniem)

Nederland
In Noord-Nederland geven de uitgangen als -ma of -sma dit aan (voorbeeld Jansma, Broersma en Gjaltema). Dit zou oorspronkelijk een verkorting van het woord man kunnen zijn. In bepaalde gedeeltes van Zuid-Nederland was het gebruikelijk om zowel een patroniem als een familienaam te gebruiken, bijvoorbeeld "Jan Jans van Galder". Soms werden daarbij meer generaties vermeld: Gerrit Peter Wouters Jans van der Schuur (Gerrit, zoon van Peter, zoon van Wouter, zoon van Jan).

In ruimere zin kunnen ook de in Groningen, Drenthe , Overijssel en Gelderland voorkomende familienamen op -ing of -ink tot de patroniemen worden gerekend: Wiebing = afstammeling van Wiebe; Wesselink = afstammeling van Wessel. Maar omdat het achtervoegsel -ing, -inga in de Nedersaksische streektalen een ruimere betekenis "behorende bij" heeft, wordt het in achternamen ook wel aan andere woorden gehecht: Banning, Veltink, Waterink. Het algemeen Germaanse suffix -ing is overigens zeer oud. De afstammelingen van Karel Martel worden de Karolingen genoemd; zie ook de naam Vikingen.

In Friesland zijn patroniemen hier en daar nog in officieus gebruik. De naam van de vader met de genitiefuitgang -s wordt daarbij soms gevolgd door de achternaam, zoals in Pieter Jelles (Troelstra). In het Noord-Brabantse Liessel sprak men tot voor kort nog van Tijsse Toontjes Grardje als men Grard Janssen (1878-1951), zoon van Toon Janssen en kleinzoon van Tijs Janssen, bedoelde. In het Nederlands kwam -dochter ook soms voor.

PetiteParisienne
05-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Same here before last names were made compulsory by Napoleon himself. Before that it would be like Jan Janszoon (or Jan Jansz. Corrupted to Jan Jansen) had a daughter then her " lastname" would be Jansdochter. And in the case of a son it would be Jan Janszoon.

I've always really liked that naming method.

The Lawspeaker
05-24-2012, 10:20 PM
I think we should return to it. My name would be Tristan Peterszoon and in combination with my last (which I won't write) Tristan Petersz.

rhiannon
05-25-2012, 08:31 AM
I like the tradition and followed it when I married for the first time at the age of 36.:)

Vasconcelos
05-25-2012, 08:48 AM
The peasantry had the same naming "traditions" like that for a while here before the last names stabilized; If a man called Armin had a son the son surname would be Arminović and if he had a daughter she would be Arminovićeva/ova.

Guess most of Europe had that sort of naming back in the day.

Foxy
05-25-2012, 09:06 AM
In Italy it's from the 60s that women don't take the husband's surname anymore. :eek: She can decide to adopt both the names in unofficial documents. In that case "Maria Rossi married to a Ferri" would become "Maria Rossi in Ferri", but officially she will remain just Maria Rossi because she will not become a property of the husband or subjected to her husband.
During my granny's generation I think women could still choice which name to adopt.

Anarch
05-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Wife should take the husband's name. In the case of Tuan Belenda's 'what if I leave the Netherlands', if you end up in an Anglo country, Anglicise it. Plenty of folks have done it before...

The Lawspeaker
05-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Wife should take the husband's name. In the case of Tuan Belenda's 'what if I leave the Netherlands', if you end up in an Anglo country, Anglicise it. Plenty of folks have done it before...
My name is very difficult to Anglicise. :D

Anarch
05-25-2012, 09:39 AM
My name is very difficult to Anglicise. :D

Then pick an English last name that has the same meaning :p

The Lawspeaker
05-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Then pick an English last name that has the same meaning :p

With my last name that is not possible so yes: there is a problem. :p

Leliana
05-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Sprich Deutsch oder Englisch mit mir, aber nicht mit dieser slawischen Zungenbrechersprache, ansonsten marschieren wir wieder ein und zeigen euch wie man anständig spricht! :cool:

And what if the father is a foreigner? Do traditions still apply? :D
Ain't gonna happen. :P My surname is independent of the names of the fathers or mothers. It's a field name. I'll marry a German or Austrian man and all native surnames are fine for me.

The Lawspeaker
05-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Sprich Deutsch oder Englisch mit mir, aber nicht mit dieser slawischen Zungenbrechersprache, ansonsten marschieren wir wieder ein und zeigen euch wie man anständig spricht! :cool:

Precisely. March east for a change and go exterminate the Slavs or teach them to speak German or whatever makes you lot happy as long as you leave us alone for a while (preferably for ever). And when you have to go to France again: go through the Alsace-Lorraine via Verdun and not through the Low Countries. Savvy ?

Anarch
05-25-2012, 01:59 PM
With my last name that is not possible so yes: there is a problem. :p

Well, you are stuffed aren't ya? :p

Leliana
05-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Precisely. March east for a change and go exterminate the Slavs or teach them to speak German or whatever makes you lot happy as long as you leave us alone for a while (preferably for ever). And when you have to go to France again: go through the Alsace-Lorraine via Verdun and not through the Low Countries. Savvy ?
http://www.dirtyleeds.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/facepalm.gif

'Jawohl, Holländer. Verstanden! Wir lassen eure Deiche stehen. Für heute! :cool:'

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/365/4/4/panzer_girl_by_miketcherry-d4kih62.jpg

jerney
05-25-2012, 02:06 PM
As for me. It would depend on the factor on whether I stay in the country or whether economic necessity drives me out (which is not as implausible as it sounds because of the current European economy). If I would get married and she would be foreign in any way shape or form then it could well be that she simply cannot pronounce my last name. Dutch is a very guttural language and difficult to pronounce for foreigners (even if you jerries claim that you can learn to speak Dutch: try to pronounce it. Even Reinhard Mey couldn't do it) so then necessity would force me to adopt her last name. But since I am the only child of my parents I hope that I will be able to carry on the name.

But I would prefer to have her adopt my last name and then add her last name to it like for instance (suppose that my last name would be Jansen.) Mevr. Jansen- Pietersen. I, however, would retain my last name.

Because no foreigners have ever learned to speak Dutch. :rolleyes:

Terek
05-25-2012, 02:16 PM
islam is against it,,,a woman is supposed to have the name of her father not husband

In a certain way, yes... we actually can do either way, most people in the North Caucasus take their husband's names but also use their father's names at some times.. they use either as they wish... so I think it is that they do not throw away their father's name. My mother took my father's name though, because her father is not from an Islamic family and she had converted to Islam.

Most people here have either tribal names (like the Circassians) or Russified surnames of the first names of ancestors... for example I will tell my last name, Azizova, father was Azizov.... an ancestor from 5 generations had the first name Aziz, and so.. in my opnion, for me I don't like that they continued with this name, of someone whose first name had to be so Arabic, instead of an old Chechen name/teip name. Anyways, I will probably take the name of my husband, but at the time I may still be known in public as Azizova.

Also, yes, we have a patronymic system just as others, that translates to Russian... for example, if the father is Ruslan... Ruslanovitch is Ruslan k1ant, Ruslanovna is ruslan yo1. k1ant= son/boy yo1=daughter/girl.
:)

The Lawspeaker
05-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Because no foreigners have ever learned to speak Dutch. :rolleyes:

Do you speak it ? If so: don't comment because it is very difficult to pronounce. Yes.. even if they speak it it doesn't mean they can pronounce it properly and I am seeing that with immigrants almost everyday.

jerney
05-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Do you speak it ? If so: don't comment because it is very difficult to pronounce. Yes.. even if they speak it it doesn't mean they can pronounce it properly and I am seeing that with immigrants almost everyday.

I don't need to speak it know what you're saying is crap. I also do know it's harder for Asians to pronounce many phonemes in Indo-European languages, so I guess you may have some problems there.

Contra Mundum
05-25-2012, 02:34 PM
She should not only take her husbands name, but should work full time, care for the kids, cook, clean, and be a slut in the bedroom.

The Lawspeaker
05-25-2012, 02:35 PM
I don't need to speak it know what you're saying is crap. I also do know it's harder for Asians to pronounce many phonemes in Indo-European languages, so I guess you may have some problems there.
It's just as hard for any foreigner. Those coming to it the closest would be a German and that would take that person years of practice. So whatever you're trying on doesn't work because I don't think that you speak the language at all.

Sultan Suleiman
05-25-2012, 02:35 PM

Zaboravljaš šta je bilo 45. ovaj put nećemo biti tako ljubazni :thumb001:

Contra Mundum
05-25-2012, 02:38 PM
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/365/4/4/panzer_girl_by_miketcherry-d4kih62.jpg

I think I'm in love ^^^^^^^^

jerney
05-25-2012, 02:48 PM
It's just as hard for any foreigner. Those coming to it the closest would be a German and that would take that person years of practice. So whatever you're trying on doesn't work because I don't think that you speak the language at all.

:lol: being hard=/=impossible. Slight (or even extreme) deviations in pronunciation by foreigners is normal for any language. To act like your language to impossible to pronounce because of a few guttural phonemes is quite comical to say the least. And if you did live abroad with your Asian wife, why would it matter if she did supposedly pronounce her surname wrong? Nobody would know but you.

The Lawspeaker
05-25-2012, 02:50 PM
:lol: being hard=/=impossible. Slight (or even extreme) deviations in pronunciation by foreigners is normal for any language. To act like your language to impossible to pronounce because of a few guttural phonemes is quite comical to say the least. And if you did live abroad with your Asian wife, why would it matter if she did supposedly pronounce her surname wrong? Nobody would know but you.

The thing is though that names do not only get pronounced they get written down as well. And they tend to get misspelled when they are difficult something that could lead to bureaucratic trouble and it could also lead to miscommunications in for instance business. So there are plenty of reasons for me to change my name then.

Hilda
05-25-2012, 02:59 PM
No. My husband will take my name, or GTFO.

Sounds qutie good to me :D

Skandi
05-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Up to the couple, personaly I have no attachment to my last name, but others do. the present BF well his last name is my stepfathers first name, so that would be slightly odd for me. my mother did take her husbands names. my aunt hyphonated hers as she uses her maiden name for publications. I think if you have been using your maden name for something profesional then probably a good idea to keep it.

Mraz
05-25-2012, 04:04 PM

I confirm that Dutch is a torture :D
French speakers in Belgium have hard time when it commes to pronounce it, especially the "G" that we abrade 9 times on 10.

dralos
05-25-2012, 04:06 PM
in albania,kosova women take last name of husband and abandon theirs and so do the children and so it goes on

~Elizabeth~
05-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Did you guys know that the children of the Duke of Edinburgh have his wife's last name?
I heard about this from a PBS tv show about the royals.

This thread is similar to the one at ABF a while back.

I think I voted no over there. A woman should choose for herself, but I also think that if a woman loved a man enough she would take his surname, and I also think that if the man loved the woman enough he would let her decide for herself, and I also think a man has the right to change his surname to his wife's surname, and I think people should have the right to hyphenate their two names if they want to, and a couple can choose a brand new surname that is blend of their two names.

If a man has a really horrible surname I would rather not have it. I actually refused to date certain men solely because I didn't like their surname. I date who I would consider marrying.

It also depends on the mindset of the man and if it matches mine. If the name is going to be an issue then that is a sign there will be more problems later on (conflict of wills).

I would be happy to keep my own name as is but I would probably take my husbands name after all. That is if I ever marry.

ricko0812
05-25-2012, 04:32 PM
i dont care if the wife takes my last name , just as long as my kids do.

PetiteParisienne
05-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Did you guys know that the children of the Duke of Edinburgh have his wife's last name?

That's because his wife is the queen. He is only the Royal Consort, so their heirs follow the queen's line. :)

Kazimiera
05-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Absolutely not.

If she chooses to then that's okay.

A marriage is a union and a union 50-50. Both parties bring to the table.

I am an individual and was a complete person before I met my husband. I don't need a man to make me whole. Therefore I don't take anyone's name.

Both my husbands had no problem with me keeping my surname. I wouldn't be with the type of man who wanted me to take his name in the first place.

Osprey
05-28-2012, 06:34 PM

This thread is similar to the one at ABF a while back.

I think I voted no over there. A woman should choose for herself, but I also think that if a woman loved a man enough she would take his surname, and I also think that if the man loved the woman enough he would let her decide for herself, and I also think a man has the right to change his surname to his wife's surname, and I think people should have the right to hyphenate their two names if they want to, and a couple can choose a brand new surname that is blend of their two names.

If a man has a really horrible surname I would rather not have it. I actually refused to date certain men solely because I didn't like their surname. I date who I would consider marrying.

It also depends on the mindset of the man and if it matches mine. If the name is going to be an issue then that is a sign there will be more problems later on (conflict of wills).

I would be happy to keep my own name as is but I would probably take my husbands name after all. That is if I ever marry.

You like men who are masculine, like Turks.
They won't ever allow a petty woman to keep her name.

Mortimer
05-28-2012, 06:43 PM
yes she should.

The Lively Rock
05-28-2012, 08:02 PM
I think that's to be discussed between couples then to be decided what to do of it

Hurrem sultana
05-28-2012, 08:11 PM
I also think that if a woman loved a man enough she would take his surname

then you can say if a man loves his wife enough he will take her surname

dralos
05-28-2012, 08:12 PM
sweden has gotten to you,a real bosnian chick would say dralos i'll take your lastname without complaining:D

Incal
05-28-2012, 08:53 PM
In the spanish speaking world women keep their names, they just add the husband's one too.

Mraz
05-28-2012, 10:02 PM

No, the opposite means that the guy is weak. :p

Barreldriver
05-30-2012, 11:58 PM
I am traditionally minded on this one. In the patrilinear scope of our culture the female always took the males name unless the union was not approved by the families (the union would be legal but the female would not take the name as to not illustrate a unification of families/marrying in).

I wish to pass on my heritage if in the event I get opportunity to do so, part of that is the family name.

Comte Arnau
05-31-2012, 01:38 AM
In the Latin American spanish-speaking world women keep their names, they just add the husband's one too.

Fixed. They don't add the husband's in Spain.

Incal
05-31-2012, 07:07 AM
Fixed. They don't add the husband's in Spain.

Oh really? Desde siempre? O empezķ con la progresía de Zapatero?

Comte Arnau
05-31-2012, 12:22 PM
Oh really? Desde siempre? O empezķ con la progresía de Zapatero?

Lol. No sé de cuándo, pero eso de María González Ramos de Rodríguez, donde de Rodríguez hacía referencia al marido, a mí me suena a película en blanco y negro de posguerra. :D

Lo que sí es de tiempos de Zapatero es lo de la elecciķn del orden del apellido para los hijos, si se desea primero el materno o el paterno. La mayoría imagino que sigue haciendo lo segundo, por tradiciķn o desconocimiento.

Mraz
12-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Bump :rolleyes:

Also
12-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Women should always take their husband's surname. It's the natural thing to do, surnames indicate affiliation, and the name of the afillition of a house is naturally made after the leader of the house, i.e., the man and the husband.

Ķttar
12-05-2013, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't be averse to taking her last name, but only if it were matrilineal. This is highly unlikely. I am also the last of my line (I carry my maternal grandfather's surname), so this makes it even more unlikely.

Also
12-05-2013, 11:20 PM
I think it is sort of humiliating for a man to take his woman's surname, but most women will be glad to carry their men's surname as a sign of afilliation and being married to someone. Unless they are not right in their head.

Maleficent
12-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Yes, I believe a woman should take her husbands surname; I plan on doing so myself one day. It's a traditional act and I hope to have a traditional marriage.

blklady2013
12-06-2013, 12:59 AM
Why not? In such a case, I chose this man, so I should trust my own judgement in the worthiness of his name, right? He can have my name if he wants to. That's cool too. I dunno, in the grand scheme of things, I don't have enough fire in me about this concept to protest it.

Incal
12-06-2013, 01:13 AM
Women should always take their husband's surname. It's the natural thing to do, surnames indicate affiliation, and the name of the afillition of a house is naturally made after the leader of the house, i.e., the man and the husband.

I think it is sort of humiliating for a man to take his woman's surname, but most women will be glad to carry their men's surname as a sign of afilliation and being married to someone. Unless they are not right in their head.

Interesting, coming from a brazilian. If you are really brazilian, that is.

Also
12-06-2013, 01:24 AM
Interesting, coming from a brazilian. If you are really brazilian, that is.

Why is it interesting that a brazilian would say that?

Hadouken
12-06-2013, 01:27 AM
no

and also they shouldnt sleep in the same bed or even live in the same house

they should just meet once a year to procreate and the children should take both of their names or if they want they can choose a new name

StonyArabia
12-06-2013, 01:28 AM
No, unless they belong to the same tribe and use the tribal name as their surname.

Incal
12-06-2013, 01:29 AM
Why is it interesting that a brazilian would say that?

Cause in Brazil most people have the maternal surname first.

Lábaru
12-06-2013, 01:29 AM
Always.

blklady2013
12-06-2013, 01:30 AM
no

and also they shouldnt sleep in the same bed or even live in the same house

they should just meet once a year to procreate and the children should take both of their names or if they want they can choose a new name
That might keep things from getting boring right? A life long booty call...LMAO!

Also
12-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Cause in Brazil most people have the maternal surname first.

First doesn't mean more important in this case. And I am not sure if this is really the case.

It is like that:

Option 1: Name + Mother's surname + Father's surname

or

Option 2: Name + Father's name

And people can abbreviate their middle surname, i.e. the maternal, but never their last surname, i.e. the paternal.

ficuscarica
12-08-2013, 08:48 AM

Another proof for the retardedness of islam.

Yes, a woman should take the man´s name and thus accept him as the leader (primus inter pares - first among equals... that´s how a marriage should be). If a girl doesn´t want your name, better not marry her!

Chaya
12-08-2013, 10:33 AM
We don't change our name to our husbands surname. lineage is very important

Mortimer
12-08-2013, 02:59 PM
i think yes.

KrashNick
12-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Yes

Mraz
06-12-2014, 05:05 PM
2014 bump :D

Kalimtari
06-12-2014, 05:07 PM
no

Vorpal
06-12-2014, 05:08 PM
yes

Hithaeglir
06-12-2014, 05:11 PM
No.

Cleitus
06-12-2014, 05:13 PM
Yes

cally
06-12-2014, 05:13 PM
Yes, I don't understand why it's considered oppression. It's convenient for the children too. If she wants to, of course.

Germaniac
06-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Of course women should take their husbands name. However, in the case of women born into prominent families, they should maintain theirs and add the surnames, having thus an hyphenated surname.

Catkin
06-12-2014, 05:23 PM
I'm quite traditional, so yes.

StonyArabia
06-12-2014, 05:23 PM
No

Dandelion
06-12-2014, 05:46 PM
In our culture the woman just keeps her name. When I was born the child just got the father's name, however, nowadays (since this month (http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achternaam#Belgi.C3.AB)) it's also possible for the child to get his/her mother's name or a double family name (later generations get a combination).

That's different in Anglo countries, however the latter has been ridiculed in a San Francisco spoof. It's reality in post-2014 Belgium. ;)

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155202/new-neighbors#tab=related

Empecinado
06-12-2014, 05:48 PM
As the tradition says in every country.

Smaug
06-12-2014, 05:50 PM
Add my surname to hers and our children will carry both surnames.

Raven_
06-12-2014, 05:56 PM
Since almost all women take their husband's name, I guess a man may feel uncomfortably special, if a woman refuses to do so. It is understandable. It is an important symbol of commitment after all.

On the other hand, we can look this way: surname is something that defines your identity, a family you were born into. You can not choose or change parents (not talking about adopted children here). Therefore, it would make sense to keep your surname the way it is throughout your all life. Especially when a marriage is not something permanent.

Ivan Kramskoī
06-12-2014, 05:57 PM
I am not feminist at all but I disagree on this.

LightHouse89
06-12-2014, 06:00 PM
That's a good question. In the Netherlands it is indeed a tradition for a woman to take her husband's name but the law was recently changed so that it is possible for a couple to combine names etc.

my god europe is worse than I thought.

Dandelion
06-12-2014, 06:01 PM
my god europe is worse than I thought.

San Francisco is my favourite city in the US ;) (nah, I lie, never been there and it's apparently full of snobby hipsters).

Still, I think there's nothing wrong with women retaining their name. It's always been the case here actually (both of my grandmothers also have/had their maiden's name as did my great-grandmothers). It's more of a cultural thing than anything else. In practice, children also just get their father's name.
Since 2014 just the option for giving the child the mother's name (that's a possibility since the early 2000s even) or a double name was just added. Changed little in practice here, though. I'm neutral toward that. No idea how it got passed (don't care that much neither).

Raven_
06-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Of course women should take their husbands name. However, in the case of women born into prominent families, they should maintain theirs and add the surnames, having thus an hyphenated surname.

What about very rare surnames of families with no male children?

Germaniac
06-12-2014, 06:19 PM
What about very rare surnames of families with no male children?

The girls should adopt The hyphenated version, so their children will inherit both mother's and father's name and keep the rare surname alive.

Longbowman
06-13-2014, 02:07 AM
What I always thought might be a good system would be where sons bore the father's surname and daughters the mother's. Then you could trace direct descent on both sides.

Nehellenia
06-13-2014, 02:14 AM
If he had a ridiculous meaning or spelled name, maybe not... xD but otherwise yes, for children and stuff.
Hyphenated or the husbands surname alone either way is fine, i have my stepdad's surname so i'm not particularly attached to mine.

My sister had a kid with this guy 2 years ago and i can't imagine what the kid is going to go through spelling his surname out and pronunciation for the rest of his life, his father is a terrible person too... going through the courts as we speak.

vibrant_
06-16-2014, 06:37 AM
I want to take my future husbands name, why not? I don't think it's sexist or oppressing whatsoever. I like the idea of hyphenation too.

The Lawspeaker
06-16-2014, 06:41 AM
Tradition is tradition. However: my girlfriend can't pronounce my surname so we might have to use a double surname and let her use her maiden name when introducing herself/us and use the full name only on official documents.

SardiniaAtlantis
06-16-2014, 06:45 AM
Yes, unless its an embarrassing name such as one of those old English last names as in; Cock, Daft, Shufflebottom, Smellie, or Dungworth.

Fortis in Arduis
06-16-2014, 07:02 AM
I knew a family where the husband and children took the wife's name. There is nothing in law that forbids it, and people have and do hyphenate, especially in Wales.

The prevalence of names such as Jones, Williams and Thomas brought a need for further distinction and in the 19th century a trend started for double surnames, created by prefixing the name of a house, parish or the mother's surname, as in "Cynddylan Jones". A hyphen was sometimes later introduced, for example "Nash-Williams".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_surnames

Tyfani
06-16-2014, 09:36 AM
well she can keep her name and take her husband's name as well if she likes. Changing the name can be a pain in the a$$ when you have to explain to the bank etc...
In addition, just because a woman marries a man she should stop being who she was? Kids will take the man's name anyway, this is an honor!

I am considering the possibility of my future-husband asking me to change my name and i find it hilarious. Ofc i am thinking of taking it as my second name or at formal meetings we will be the "ASFDGAS pair" but when i am about to introduce myself to someone i will use my normal name. I have lived way to much time with that name to change it.

Loki
06-16-2014, 10:15 AM
In my culture, yes. Always. But I guess we are more conservative.

Vasconcelos
06-16-2014, 10:16 AM
It's pretty uncommon for that NOT to happen here.

Furnace
06-16-2014, 10:16 AM
It's her choice in my opinion.

Selurong
06-17-2014, 09:28 AM
In Portugal it's the mother first then father. In Spain it's the reverse. But both names come from the father's side of the mother and father so the lineage from the Mother's side always gets dropped after 1 gen.

I find it weird that here in the Philippines, we follow the Portuguese manner in that we place the mother's surname first and the father's, after. I find this a most chivalric arrangement since it respects the role of the mother as the one who shed most pain in child rearing. At the same time, it is paternalistic in that only males of a family carry on surnames while females change. It is supported by tradition as well as genetics in that only males carry the y chromosome and also carry and x chromosome meaning they inherit both mum and dad's genes but ultimately the y exclusivelyruns down the male line but as for the x chromosome the girl inherits dad's and mum's x chromosome too but after a new generation of girls. One X chromosome gets discarded and gets replaced with another one from a new father unlike with males where the y chromosome is constant through the generations. Hence the e client Portuguese and Spanish system is supported by tradition and is true as to the nature of genetics.

Selurong
06-17-2014, 10:01 AM
It's pretty uncommon for that NOT to happen here.

It not only breaks tradition that a woman does not take a man's surname but it goes against the laws of nature. A man should have exclusive hold of the family because the Y chromosone remains constant throughout the family tree, whereas the X chromosome shuffles across all the women in the family. With a daughter dropping one of mum's x chromosome to make way for dad's x chromosome. Thus, in every generation, the mother loses a maternal x chromosome when she pairs her's with her husband's x which he had inherited from his mum's. Thus the Spanish and Portuguese system of carying over both paternal and maternal surnamesis most attuned to the natural order and I sway towards the Portuguese system in which the maternal surname is surame is mentioned first, in respect to the laboring mother who sacrificed the most for the child. Women should be blooming and be the flower of the family, while men are the proud carriers of the name. Women should also drop their surname such as how they drop one of their X when they give birth to a daughter who has her father's X too. This is not mere mumbo jumbo. This is bare scientific facts,(To women, I'm sorry if this is paternalistic but that's just how nature formed you, please do not rebel againt the natural order lest we get confused over the nature of surnames, we shall always allow your family name first mention in respect to your motherly and sacred life-nurturing gender but for only one generation)

Selurong
06-17-2014, 10:09 AM
It's her choice in my opinion.

It's not a matter of choice, it's just the natural order. Does a woman have a constant Y chromosome to merite constant legacy use of the family name? She does not. Her X chromosome changes with every new husband in her family. Whereas the father to the sons does not. However, she has the right to keep her maiden name but her children, must take your family name. Also, her surname must be mentioned first, in difference too her crucial role in the family.

1stLightHorse
06-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Funnily enough & contrary to the stereotype, Arab-Muslim women do not take their husbands name. They keep their father's name for their whole married life.

The Lawspeaker
06-17-2014, 10:31 AM
In my culture, yes. Always. But I guess we are more conservative.

Meh. Boer are like Dutch were 50 years ago. Or like those people on the Bible Belt are still today with an added dose of completely fucking craziness.

Selurong
06-17-2014, 11:30 AM
First doesn't mean more important in this case. And I am not sure if this is really the case.

It is like that:

Option 1: Name + Mother's surname + Father's surname

or

Option 2: Name + Father's name

And people can abbreviate their middle surname, i.e. the maternal, but never their last surname, i.e. the paternal.

I like the same Philippine and Brazilian surname style the most (We followed the Portuguese not the Spanish model). I myself write my mother's surname first then my father's. I enjoy my mum's surname since its basque and very old christian but my dad's is morisco and very north African but I look Asian in the face but I got them African y chromosomes form my morisco fathers. Damn you know what they say about them Africans. Coincidentally I'm one of the few Asians with a huge d. If Nordics discriminate against Iberians just mention that proud African y and let them shudder in their small p pees.

Longbowman
06-17-2014, 11:40 AM
It's not a matter of choice, it's just the natural order. Does a woman have a constant Y chromosome to merite constant legacy use of the family name? She does not. Her X chromosome changes with every new husband in her family. Whereas the father to the sons does not. However, she has the right to keep her maiden name but her children, must take your family name. Also, her surname must be mentioned first, in difference too her crucial role in the family.

This is a thick idea. Her X-chromosome is passed on the same as the husband's Y-chromosome. So with that logic in mind, girls should take their mother's name and boys, their father's. Daughters don't even inherit a Y-chromosome so if we're basing this on chromosomes it makes more sense for everyone to take the mother's name.

Selurong
06-17-2014, 11:42 AM
What I always thought might be a good system would be where sons bore the father's surname and daughters the mother's. Then you could trace direct descent on both sides.

I though so too until I stumbled upon the xy and xx sex chromosome divergence in which case the Filipino and Brazilian surname naming system turned up to be the best, scientifically.

Pjeter Pan
06-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Fuck yes

Longbowman
06-17-2014, 11:47 AM
I though so too until I stumbled upon the xy and xx sex chromosome divergence in which case the Filipino and Brazilian surname naming system turned up to be the best, scientifically.

Ugh, you don't understand xy and xx chromosomes. Here's how it works:

Women don't have a Y chromosome. They pass on their X chromosome to all their children.

Men do have a Y chromosome. Whilst they inherit an X chromosome from their mother, they only pass on their Y chromosome, and then only to their sons.

So you my friend have an unbroken line to Adam along your Y-chromosome and an unbroken line to Even along your X-chromosome. However, a girl would only have the X-line.

However, their direct maternal line is just as important as the direct paternal line (why wouldn't it be?). In fact, considering the universality of the X-chromosome, if only one name were to be taken, it would make sense for it to be the female name.

Selurong
06-17-2014, 11:53 AM
This is a thick idea. Her X-chromosome is passed on the same as the husband's Y-chromosome. So with that logic in mind, girls should take their mother's name and boys, their father's. Daughters don't even inherit a Y-chromosome so if we're basing this on chromosomes it makes more sense for everyone to take the mother's name.

They shouldn't take their mother's surname because an x is aquired and dropped per generation whereas in father's their y is merely copied from father to son. If we take our mother's surname then it should be a mutant surname with the father's mother and his wife applied to girls (Since a dad merely transmits his mum's supressed X chromosome to his daughter but his son's remin constant) while it willbe the same for boys Ys all throughout. By this system we would have a constantly mutating maternal composite surname while we have a stable singular paternal surname. I am open to that idea though. But its just too cumbersome.

Longbowman
06-17-2014, 11:54 AM
They shouldn't take their mother's surname because an x is aquired and dropped per generation whereas in father's their y is merely copied from father to son. If we take our mother's surname then it should be a mutant surname with the father's mother and his wife applied to girls (Since a dad merely transmits his mum's supressed X chromosome to his daughter but his son's remin constant) while it willbe the same for boys Ys all throughout. By this system we would have a constantly mutating maternal composite surname while we have a stable singular paternal surname. I am open to that idea though. But its just too cumbersome.

The X is passed on the same as the Y.

Selurong
06-17-2014, 12:42 PM
The X is passed on the same as the Y.

No my British friend, it is not passed on in the same manner. If you total the Xs and Ys present from both parent, it's XXXY meaning, you have to cram 3 Xs unto a 2 digit matrix. In contrast the singular Y can easily fit on a two digit matrix. The multiplicity of the X and it's transference to both genders means that it's the Dad's genes that call the rolls when determining gender. Since the father's sperm determines the child and the father bears the brunt of disease and dying early (Because fathers which only have one X chromosome is prone to more diseases as evidenced by male's shorter life expectancy to females who can compensate disease in one X chromsome by another functioning X chromosome). Since a living man is a testament to the healthy X of his mother when the odds is stacked against him, genetically-wise. The surname, by virtue of his genes being the choice-giver should be given to him.

Furthermore, a direct matrilineal constant line is impossible since we don't really know if the woman discarded her paternal X to combine with the Dad's paternal X or if she discarded her maternal X to combine with the paternal X. Her genes is a melange, with have no idea if the X was from some paternal or maternal X. No idea if she maintained her Xs across the generations or dropped some and gained that of the fathers or that of the mothers in the family.

Whereas a man' if he's alive, only has the sure healthy x of his mother and the copied y of his father. We can't be sure with the constantly dropped and aquired and disease-unexpressed pure x chromosome only females.

Longbowman
06-17-2014, 12:52 PM
No my British friend, it is not passed on in the same manner. If you total the Xs and Ys present from both parent, it's XXXY meaning, you have to cram 3 Xs unto a 2 digit matrix. In contrast the singular Y can easily fit on a two digit matrix. The multiplicity of the X and it's transference to both genders means that it's the Dad's genes that call the rolls when determining gender. Since the father's sperm determines the child and the father bears the brunt of disease and dying early (Because fathers which only have one X chromosome is prone to more diseases as evidenced by male's shorter life expectancy to females who can compensate disease in one X chromsome by another functioning X chromosome). Since a living man is a testament to the healthy X of his mother when the odds is stacked against him, genetically-wise. The surname, by virtue of his genes being the choice-giver should be given to him.

Furthermore, a direct matrilineal constant line is impossible since we don't really know if the woman discarded her paternal X to combine with the Dad's paternal X or if she discarded her maternal X to combine with the paternal X. Her genes is a melange, with have no idea if the X was from some paternal or maternal X. No idea if she maintained her Xs across the generations or dropped some and gained that of the fathers or that of the mothers in the family.

Whereas a man' if he's alive, only has the sure healthy x of his mother and the copied y of his father. We can't be sure with the constantly dropped and aquired and disease-unexpressed pure x chromosome only females.

Mate, you have your mother's mtDNA but not your father's. Trust, there's an unbroken maternal line in you just the same as the paternal line. Not that naming customs are predicated on DNA :laugh:

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 01:18 PM
In feminist england I could imagine this becoming popular but not in traditional america. :cool: if i met any woman who suggested such an idea I would hit it and quit it. feminism no thanks.

Selurong
06-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Mate, you have your mother's mtDNA but not your father's. Trust, there's an unbroken maternal line in you just the same as the paternal line. Not that naming customs are predicated on DNA :laugh:

Yes mTDNA is inherited by both daughter and son but only daughters carry it over. However, the primary propeler of the world's various species' evolution, would be the male as is explained by the sexual dysmorphism present in the majority of the earth's species. We compete, kill or sacrifice one another for the female's choice of the better man hence the sexual dymorphism titling on the male side found in humans. But I'm glad that it's not as intense as in other species and that women are essentially equal to men when it comes to essence and spirit although our bodies are quite different.

Also, the default state of every fetus is female, maleness is a later evolution. That's why scientists refer to descendants of cells via asexual reproduction, daughter cells not son cells.

I find the latin based languages quite accurate in reflecting this gender dynamics in that, plural words referring to corporeality are feminine i.e: militia, eclessia or barqada whereas nouns for individualism or ideals are masculine; i.e: capitalismo, communismo, christianismo etc.

Longbowman
06-17-2014, 01:25 PM
In feminist england I could imagine this becoming popular but not in traditional america. :cool: if i met any woman who suggested such an idea I would hit it and quit it. feminism no thanks.

Hittin' in and quittin' it: it's what Jesus wants.

Longbowman
06-17-2014, 01:26 PM
Yes mTDNA is inherited by both daughter and son but only daughters carry it over. However, the primary propeler of the world's various species' evolution, would be the male as is explained by the sexual dysmorphism present in the majority of the earth's species. We compete, kill or sacrifice one another for the female's choice of the better man hence the sexual dymorphism titling on the male side found in humans. But I'm glad that it's not as intense as in other species and that women are essentially equal to men when it comes to essence and spirit although bour bodies are quite different.

Also, the default state of every fetus is female, maleness is a later evolution. That's why scientists refer to descendants of cells via asexual reproduction, daughter cells not son cells.

I find the latin based languages quite accurate in reflecting this gender dynamics in that, plural words referring to corporeality are feminine i.e:

This is all very nice but I'm still right ;)

glass
06-17-2014, 01:35 PM
I do not really care. Name changing can be really annoying and time consuming this days, so why should i ask my wife to bother with this.

Selurong
06-17-2014, 01:42 PM
This is all very nice but I'm still right ;)

No you are not. A man's genes have components of both the male and female while the woman's chromosomes only has that of the female. mTDNA is moot and academic since it's lineage goes even down to the plant level wherein even plants have mtDNA. What differentiated us as a species from our baser feminine components was the sexual dysmorphism of our fathers who continued to drive us more and more (both genders) up the path of diffirentiation.

I respect women and I will fight for their rights to keep their surnames but the children should keep their father's surname not only out of tradition, but also out of respect for the God ordained nature of the cosmos, in reverence to the male's role in the evolution of our species not that women had a lesser role since they are both essentially equal. Being of one flesh with the primordial Adam. Its just that man has been appointed head over woman. However, if fathers are the head of the family, mothers are its heart since she is the one that takes care of and expends the most energy in taking care of the children.

Selurong
06-17-2014, 01:54 PM

Lol that's not what Jesus wants. He wants faith. Be faithful father and husband and for the wife, vise versa.

Longbowman
06-17-2014, 01:54 PM
No you are not. A man's genes have components of both the male and female while the woman's chromosomes only has that of the female. mTDNA is moot and academic since it's lineage goes even down to the plant level wherein even plants have mtDNA. What differentiated us as a species from our baser feminine components was the sexual dysmorphism of our fathers who continued to drive us more and more (both genders) up the path of diffirentiation.

I respect women and I will fight for their rights to keep their surnames but the children should keep their father's surname not only out of tradition, but also out of respect for the God ordained nature of the cosmos, in reverence to the male's role in the evolution of our species not that women had a lesser role since they are both essentially equal. Being of one flesh with the primordial Adam. Its just that man has been appointed head over woman. However, if fathers are the head of the family, mothers are its heart since she is the one that takes care of and expends the most energy in taking care of the children.

This is ridiculous! The male y-chromosome isn't even inherited by all his children! If anything we should all take the woman's name. The female genes are universal. But if we're talking direct descent then it's even. I don't understand how you're having such an issue with this.

Selurong
06-17-2014, 02:13 PM
This is ridiculous! The male y-chromosome isn't even inherited by all his children! If anything we should all take the woman's name. The female genes are universal. But if we're talking direct descent then it's even. I don't understand how you're having such an issue with this.

If we inherit the woman's name, what the n my friend? :-)All this surname talk is merely for societal convenience anyway. I just dislike a useless shift to a new naming mechanism which is matricentric because it will cost society a lot more. Lol you have the same tempernt as my best friend. Always so passionate about his ideas.

Colonel Frank Grimes
06-17-2014, 02:14 PM
In Portugal it's common to take the mother's surname. I had a discussion with Atlantic Islander about that once.

In some instances in the rest of Europe the son would take the mother's surname. The Spanish nobility would sometimes take the mother's surname as their first if the mother's family was more prestigious than that of the father's and pass that surname on to their children. The Duchess of Alba has done it.

Oliver Cromwell's direct paternal ancestor had the surname Williams but at some point it was changed to Cromwell, which was the surname of the mother and was a name of prestige in the area. There are hundreds of thousands of Williams but not many Cromwell.

My surname is rare and hella Galician and so it stays. But if my last name was hella common, like Martinez, I'd drop it for my mother's surname and if that was hella common I'd look at both my paternal and maternal grandmother's maiden names and so on until I find a surname that isn't common.

Selurong
06-17-2014, 02:26 PM
In Portugal it's common to take the mother's surname. I had a discussion with Atlantic Islander about that once.

In some instances in the rest of Europe the son would take the mother's surname. The Spanish nobility would sometimes take the mother's surname as their first if the mother's family was more prestigious than that of the father's and pass that surname on to their children. The Duchess of Alba has done it.

Oliver Cromwell's direct paternal ancestor had the surname Williams but at some point it was changed to Cromwell, which was the surname of the mother and was a name of prestige in the area. There are hundreds of thousands of Williams but not many Cromwell.

My surname is rare and hella Galician and so it stays. But if my last name was hella common, like Martinez, I'd drop it for my mother's surname and if that was hella common I'd look at both my paternal and maternal grandmother's maiden names and so on until I find a surname that isn't common.

It's alo done in the Philippines and Brazil. Sons can take their mum's surnames and I wite my fullname with my mum's surname first and the next is my dad's. Nobilities have even more complicated surnames which are often very composite. Just look up the full name of Palmero Azcarraga and fuck it every surname has been mentioned down to 2nd ascendant.

My mum's surname is Basque so I freaking want to write it everywhere lol. And yours is galician? cool!

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 02:47 PM

If the woman is a feminist then it does not count as a sin before the eyes of the lord. :cool: I honeslty would mind creating bastards with feminists hahahaha.

Longbowman
06-17-2014, 02:48 PM
If we inherit the woman's name, what the n my friend? :-)All this surname talk is merely for societal convenience anyway. I just dislike a useless shift to a new naming mechanism which is matricentric because it will cost society a lot more. Lol you have the same tempernt as my best friend. Always so passionate about his ideas.

I don't care what people do. Your logic is just inaccurate. That is all.

Longbowman
06-17-2014, 02:48 PM
If the woman is a feminist then it does not count as a sin before the eyes of the lord. :cool: I honeslty would mind creating bastards with feminists hahahaha.

This is just dishonest. Your moral values are lacking.

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 02:49 PM

In Scandinavia your named after your father....its a Germanic custom I think. However cultural marxists want us to break away from our customs and adopt modern hedonism.

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 02:50 PM

not at all. ;) a feminist doesnt count....I dont consider feminists or other degenerates to be my equals in soceity....they are like serfs to me.

Longbowman
06-17-2014, 02:52 PM
not at all. ;) a feminist doesnt count....I dont consider feminists or other degenerates to be my equals in soceity....they are like serfs to me.

I forgot. 'Love they neighbour, unless she's a feminist, or black.'

Your values are meaningless.

MINARDOWICZ
06-17-2014, 03:15 PM

No doubt. LOL. I've heard some STUPID stuff on this forum from fellow "Christians" who don't even understand what Christianity is all about. Saying that it is against a feminist makes it not count is STUPID on so many levels. The Bible NEVER makes such foolish claims as that one. That is utter BULLSHIT! As a Christian, I find this appalling and pitiful. Sin is sin, regardless.

Where is your basis for this, Jim the dumbass Crow? Huh? Give me some legit grounds for your BS uneducated inbred folk belief.

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 05:49 PM

how are many values meaningless if the usurpers were the negroes and their feminist allies? blacks protested about traditional relationships...which created this ghetto culture of living irresponsibly and the media portraying it as something positive....you think that is good? I do not. Do I think something is good because the media tells me it is? No I use my brain instead. The fact is America is not western anymore...just a multiethnic land without traditions or any unified culture really of any kind. You wonder why there are hyphenated Americans? Its because of this place really.

This is probably why I do not consider American an ethnicity or nationality. I have nothing in common with the shitskins who live here, or a feminist. They have no relation to me or my moral upbringing.

Fortis in Arduis
06-17-2014, 06:06 PM
how are many values meaningless if the usurpers were the negroes and their feminist allies? blacks protested about traditional relationships...which created this ghetto culture of living irresponsibly and the media portraying it as something positive....you think that is good? I do not. Do I think something is good because the media tells me it is? No I use my brain instead. The fact is America is not western anymore...just a multiethnic land without traditions or any unified culture really of any kind. You wonder why there are hyphenated Americans? Its because of this place really.

This is probably why I do not consider American an ethnicity or nationality. I have nothing in common with the shitskins who live here, or a feminist. They have no relation to me or my moral upbringing.

You get so old with your repetitious poorly-written pseudo-Spenglerian rubbish. Change the record, please.

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 06:13 PM
No doubt. LOL. I've heard some STUPID stuff on this forum from fellow "Christians" who don't even understand what Christianity is all about. Saying that it is against a feminist makes it not count is STUPID on so many levels. The Bible NEVER makes such foolish claims as that one. That is utter BULLSHIT! As a Christian, I find this appalling and pitiful. Sin is sin, regardless.

Where is your basis for this, Jim the dumbass Crow? Huh? Give me some legit grounds for your BS uneducated inbred folk belief.

minard the wog immigrant. the protestant bible is actual heresy to be honest...along with your protestant church. a church [a real christian church] is conduct with a heirarchy.... take homosexual marriage for example....since when can a minister say who can get married and who cannot? his interpretation of religion is not God's word. Look in the bible....it says flat out that homosexuality is a sin yet you have homosexual ministers in your church....your church is heresy and blasphemous. Sorry thats just the flat out truth. 'uneducated inbred'....sorry wish i was more mongrel like you :rolleyes:

how am I inbred? 3/8ths British 2/8ths Irish, 1/8th French, 1/8th German and 1/8th Finnish....I mean I am European so I guess being European genetically in inbred....well I hate to tell you it isnt...despite what Shitskin leftists tell you. Sin is sin regardless and guess what homosexuality is an example of a sin..... but only certain sins are okay I guess.....but that is okay in Islam because their religion lacks a moral compass...there is no if my sins are out weighed by my good deeds I will go to heaven....thats a Islamic belief not Christian. I hate to tell you your protestant out look is heresy to begin with.

I am glad I left protestantism because it isnt a real religion and I have to laugh at most 'Americans' who follow it because it is truely a hollow religion.

Hong Key
06-17-2014, 06:17 PM
In Scandinavia your named after your father....its a Germanic custom I think. However cultural marxists want us to break away from our customs and adopt modern hedonism.

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 06:23 PM
You get so old with your repetitious poorly-written pseudo-Spenglerian rubbish. Change the record, please.

so you would say feminism is traditional? that this plague affecting my country is normal? I guess in looney protestant land. I wont change any record. Why do you care what I right about or my opinions? If you do not like them then ignore me....I am entitled to say what the hell I feel like saying. Just because I am not mainstream with my opinions and not out praising certian types of people means I should shut my mouth? Well if I should then change the forum's policy.....

You would sound like a broken record if you were born into this shit pan culture.

Melina
06-17-2014, 06:23 PM
I wouldn't want to change my last name. :(

But if I am married I guess I will. Though in all honesty I doubt I will ever get married....

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 06:25 PM
I don't care what people do. Your logic is just inaccurate. That is all.

I think people have the right to marry their household pets. Nothing wrong with that...I mean so long as they dont dont do anything frisky in public ofcourse....but then again I dont see anything wrong with that either....two p[eople just expressing how they impulsivily feel towards one another... rules who needs them right :thumb001:

Dandelion
06-17-2014, 06:25 PM

A fantasy very popular on MRA forums. ;)

Nurzat
06-17-2014, 06:27 PM
the name is to be taken by blood only. so the kids must take it but the woman not ! she takes her father's name only !

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 06:29 PM
sometimes I dont think western civilization deserves to really exist.....[you know why too] hahahaha. I dont think it will be around for much longer to be honest.

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 06:31 PM
A fantasy very popular on MRA forums. ;)

i dont actually but could see where such scum deserves it....modern feminists are street trash to me....now you cannot compare them to the woman's suffrage movement of the late 1800s, sorry. but hey we all have one thing to look forward to the end of western civilization :thumb001:

Dandelion
06-17-2014, 06:33 PM
By the way, Sansa Stark never got called Sansa Lannister in aSoIaF and GoT. I think that's because of different reasons.

1) The Stark family is a prestigious family and on equal footing with the Lannisters if not more;
2) She was forced into marriage as was Tyrion (even though people didn't marry for love back in the day);
3) The marriage wasn't consummated, so they weren't married in the eyes of the gods. This was probably a public secret even by the way they behaved. Such 'marriage' can become easily annulled in the future.

Hong Key
06-17-2014, 06:35 PM
I wouldn't want to change my last name. :(

But if I am married I guess I will. Though in all honesty I doubt I will ever get married....

A pretty girl like you will have men a calling. Maybe you will have to leave America, since all American males seem to be in the basement playing video games and watching you know what or are on the internet defending Debauchery and calling it morality. And if he comes from a culture where the female changes her last name you should do so. When marriage was for the most part a life long commitment changing last name was all good (not including the Nordic model) but when people are expected to be divorced in 10 years or less then what hassle, change it to his name then 8 yrs later change it back original.

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 06:35 PM
By the way, Sansa Stark never got called Sansa Lannister in aSoIaF and GoT. I think that's because of different reasons.

1) The Stark family is a prestigious family and on equal footing with the Lannisters if not more;
2) She was forced into marriage as was Tyrion (even though people didn't marry for love back in the day);
3) The marriage wasn't consummated, so they weren't married in the eyes of the gods. This was probably a public secret even by the way they behaved. Such 'marriage' can become easily annulled in the future.

a television show that is more boring than watching CSPANN...... :picard1: my God you are really going to compare our culture to that terrible program?

Melina
06-17-2014, 06:36 PM

This is a powerful reason in itself. When a person marries up then society expects them to get the last name of the person they are marrying. If they are of the same level they don't have to change the name.

Dandelion
06-17-2014, 06:37 PM
a television show that is more boring than watching CSPANN...... :picard1: my God you are really going to compare our culture to that terrible program?

I also read the books. Personally I think your constant drama queen behaviour here denotes a terrible dreary life you might have.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-17-2014, 06:38 PM
It don't matter, If she wants to keep her name I don't care. Its her family name to be respected. The children should have both our last names though. The father having the last name, mothers family name the middle name.

just for laughs, I voted I am strong and independant against oppression of woman LOL

Sounds really feminists LOL

Melina
06-17-2014, 06:38 PM

Boring??? Game of thrones is the bomb! At least they aren't politically correct. Game of thrones and vikings are the only good shows.

Dandelion
06-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Boring??? Game of thrones is the bomb! At least they aren't politically correct. Game of thrones and vikings are the only good shows.

I think he's talking in ignorance. :)

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 06:46 PM
I also read the books.

I did but i find it boring....I read up to the last one, watch the first season and became extremely bored with it. I do not see the big hype with it, it reminds me of a satire on the Tea Party vs Republicans vs Democrats.....meanwhile everyone conspiring against each other..... just boring to me....too much dialogue no action.... :p

Hong Key
06-17-2014, 06:47 PM
Ok women keeping last name in Nordic model makes sense to me now, she keeping her fathers name, down with that, although there was not really last names as we know them today. Anyone want to breakdown why/how modern last names came about? Ok but the fagot shit of the kids get the women's last name is homo, no thank fagboy please exist left to queer street, Boy George and George Micheals will meet you there.

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 06:49 PM

well yeah I guess....the vikings is okay. I use to watch the sons of anarchy alot [i like biker gangs].

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 06:52 PM
I also read the books. Personally I think your constant drama queen behaviour here denotes a terrible dreary life you might have.

how am I a drama queen? Oh I suppose I should be more mindful when I speak. I think your all right....I think though men should adopt the woman's surname when people get married..... we do live in a more female ran world nowa days so we should get in style.

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 06:53 PM
Ok women keeping last name in Nordic model makes sense to me now, she keeping her fathers name, down with that, although there was not really last names as we know them today. Anyone want to breakdown why/how modern last names came about? Ok but the fagot shit of the kids get the women's last name is homo, no thank fagboy please exist left to queer street, Boy George and George Micheals will meet you there.

how old an archiac and out of style that is......only losers and europeans name themselves in such a manner.

Hong Key
06-17-2014, 06:54 PM
well yeah I guess....the vikings is okay. I use to watch the sons of anarchy alot [i like biker gangs].

sons of anarchy first few sessions were awesome but went down hill. I do love Vikings show except some of the jewish looking actors. (everyone looks jewish to me lol) Game O.T. was not so bad but haven't watch it recently.

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 06:54 PM
the name is to be taken by blood only. so the kids must take it but the woman not ! she takes her father's name only !

but that is so sexist of you.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-17-2014, 06:56 PM

Are you retarded. Woman family last names are from from the father anyways. No one said anything about their first name moron.

Nurzat
06-17-2014, 07:00 PM
but that is so sexist of you.

what do you mean? i am opposing feminism!

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Are you retarded. Woman family last names are from from the father anyways. No one said anything about their first name moron.

you do realize you sound like a moron...he is talking about how in Scandinavia people name their children which is different than the degenerate west. In Swede for example if a Son's fathers first name is Anders....his son's surname will be Andersson. [sson for boys and dottir for females].

Hong Key
06-17-2014, 07:02 PM

https://sp1.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.607991241283537465&pid=15.1

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608031790070762708&pid=15.1

Empecinado
06-17-2014, 07:02 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsDcFFz_2LM

:lol00002::lol00002::lol00002:

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 07:04 PM
what do you mean? i am opposing feminism!

I know I am just being funny. Feminism [modern feminism] is very popular now....hating white western males is the new style here.... its fun you should try it. LOL [j/k]

Our values are pretty much a sewage/gutter.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-17-2014, 07:05 PM
you do realize you sound like a moron...he is talking about how in Scandinavia people name their children which is different than the degenerate west. In Swede for example if a Son's fathers first name is Anders....his son's surname will be Andersson. [sson for boys and dottir for females].

Oh ok that was my fault, thought he was talking in reference to what I wrote. they are weird than. Because england passes the family name name like the degenerate west.

Hong Key
06-17-2014, 07:08 PM

My old ancestor I always talk about Peter Gunnarson Rambo and his wife Brita Matsdotter was the first time I understood Nordic/Old model. I was like why doesn't his wife have his last name?

Colonel Frank Grimes
06-17-2014, 07:10 PM
A pretty girl like you will have men a calling. Maybe you will have to leave America, since all American males seem to be in the basement playing video games and watching you know what or are on the internet defending Debauchery and calling it morality. And if he comes from a culture where the female changes her last name you should do so. When marriage was for the most part a life long commitment changing last name was all good (not including the Nordic model) but when people are expected to be divorced in 10 years or less then what hassle, change it to his name then 8 yrs later change it back original.

Dude is all like... "Sup? I aint all about gaming and porn, ya heard? I gotz what you need. Sup?"

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-17-2014, 07:11 PM
https://sp1.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.607991241283537465&pid=15.1

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608031790070762708&pid=15.1

Dont know who those people are

Dandelion
06-17-2014, 07:12 PM

Two Englishmen.

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 07:15 PM
Oh ok that was my fault, thought he was talking in reference to what I wrote. they are weird than. Because england passes the family name name like the degenerate west.

well sweden is just as degenerate just maybe not as progressive as England is. In England they are trying to legalize pedophilia....so that will be popular hopefully next here in America [which even here I found that they want to legalize that and bestiality]..... the west is a freak show but hey we need more pogress damn it! :thumb001:

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 07:16 PM
Two Englishmen.

One is a woman? or man IDK its hard to tell the difference between european men and women these days I suppose.

Colonel Frank Grimes
06-17-2014, 07:16 PM

No child of the 80s are you.

Fedex
06-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Should a woman take her husband's name?

No, that's a northern European barbaric costume.

heyaitsme
06-17-2014, 07:19 PM
If she wants to, I plan to keep my maiden name because it is just so freaking awesome.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-17-2014, 07:20 PM
well sweden is just as degenerate just maybe not as progressive as England is. In England they are trying to legalize pedophilia....so that will be popular hopefully next here in America [which even here I found that they want to legalize that and bestiality]..... the west is a freak show but hey we need more pogress damn it! :thumb001:
That wouldn't happen and you have more luck legalizing those things in Europe than in the united states. Trust me on that one LOL. Especially pedofillia LOL.

Very small minority wants to legalize that beastility and its really tends to be white country farmers/ folk. not white sub urban / or city people.

albosomething
06-17-2014, 07:22 PM
man fucking feminists and their ideas ..

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-17-2014, 07:22 PM
No child of the 80s are you.
No, I only know some 80s stuff from america not UK

Hong Key
06-17-2014, 07:31 PM
It is not called bestiality Jesus, are we living in the 1990's or what? it is called Zoophilia.

Is bestiality legal in the US?

The legal term for sexual activity between a human and a non-human animal is zoophilia.

Zoophilia is legal in the following states: Alabama, Hawaii, Kentucky, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming, and DC.

Zoophilia is a misdemeanor is the following states: Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah, and Wisconsin.

Zoophilia is a felony in the following states: Arizona, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Washington.

Zoophilia and the law
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoosexuality_and_the_law

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-17-2014, 07:40 PM
It is not called bestiality Jesus, are we living in the 1990's or what? it is called Zoophilia.

The legal term for sexual activity between a human and a non-human animal is zoophilia.

Zoophilia is legal in the following states: Alabama, Hawaii, Kentucky, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming, and DC.

Zoophilia is a misdemeanor is the following states: Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah, and Wisconsin.

Zoophilia is a felony in the following states: Arizona, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Washington.

Zoophilia and the law
http://www.webpronews.com/sweden-joins-an-increasing-number-of-european-countries-that-ban-bestiality-2013-06

Looks like italy belguim finland and poland are legal for beastiality. They have only banned it in germany recently and sweden this year probably. Norway in 2008, The Netherlands in 2010,
denmark is legal and so hungary

http://occupyforanimals.wix.com/petitions-to-the-eu#!bestiality/c1xrt

Dandelion
06-17-2014, 08:02 PM
No, I only know some 80s stuff from america not UK

Well, the US wasn't like North Korea and George Michael and Boy George were very popular in the US. In fact, a hit didn't even need to be have English lyrics, as proved Nena with her 99 Luftballons in 1983 (#1 best selling hit in the US for a few weeks).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lGCnM6WXHs

So my dear fellow, you have given yourself away to have been born in the mid-1990s and therefore inevitably raised on a cocktail of Bieber and Pokémon. :rolleyes:

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-17-2014, 08:08 PM
Well, the US wasn't like North Korea and George Michael and Boy George were very popular in the US. In fact, a hit didn't even needed to be have English lyrics, as proved Nena with her 99 Luftballons in 1983 (#1 best selling hit in the US for a few weeks).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lGCnM6WXHs

So my dear fellow, you have given yourself away to be of the Justin Bieber generation. :p

This is obviously american influenced :picard2:
And I used to listen to old 80s music and collect them. I lost them most of them though. I probably still have some in my old laptop though

Dandelion
06-17-2014, 08:21 PM
This is obviously american influenced :picard2:
And I used to listen to old 80s music and collect them. I lost them most of them though. I probably still have some in my old laptop though

And I trust you have no Justin Bieber on your laptop? Or torrents of entire Pokémon seasons?

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 08:33 PM

Zoophilia and the law

but how could they such people were born that way....how dare this conservative right wing Nazi government discriminate against people and their feelings. .....they should be ashamed of themselves. :rolleyes:

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 08:35 PM
http://www.webpronews.com/sweden-joins-an-increasing-number-of-european-countries-that-ban-bestiality-2013-06

Looks like italy belguim finland and poland are legal for beastiality. They have only banned it in germany recently and sweden this year probably. Norway in 2008, The Netherlands in 2010,
denmark is legal and so hungary

http://occupyforanimals.wix.com/petitions-to-the-eu#!bestiality/c1xrt

good some countries are treating people equally.....which countries allow pedophilia? we should use such progressive countries as an example.......and curse anyone who is intolerant of such things as racist xenophobic animals. :rolleyes:

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 08:37 PM
That wouldn't happen and you have more luck legalizing those things in Europe than in the united states. Trust me on that one LOL. Especially pedofillia LOL.

Very small minority wants to legalize that beastility and its really tends to be white country farmers/ folk. not white sub urban / or city people.

but how can you say that if they are born that way...who are you to judge them? :rolleyes: I mean I think if we legalize many things we should be progressive enough to legalize everything.........the media isn't putting enough attention on pedophiles or animal lovers.....so they should because that is a form of discrimination. I mean I just feel like if we can do this and have more women n politics our world would be a very, much better place...... :rolleyes:

LightHouse89
06-17-2014, 08:38 PM
man fucking feminists and their ideas ..

how intolerant and sexist of you! :rolleyes:

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
06-17-2014, 08:42 PM
good some countries are treating people equally.....which countries allow pedophilia? we should use such progressive countries as an example.......and curse anyone who is intolerant of such things as racist xenophobic animals. :rolleyes:

LOL, yes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/7563456.stm