PDA

View Full Version : 44,211 Macedonians have Bulgarian citizenship

poiuytrewq0987
05-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Macedonia - 44211 Moldova - 20 668 Serbia - 4009 Russia - 3161 Ukraine - 3079 Israel - 2638 Albania - 1399 Stateless - 291

http://www.president.bg/v_pravo_txt.php?id=4493&st=0

... or 3.4% of Macedonians in Macedonia.

Vojnik
05-25-2012, 11:54 AM
And, what's your point?

safinator
05-25-2012, 11:58 AM
44,211 Bulgarians have Bulgarian citizenship.
What's strange about that?

Vojnik
05-25-2012, 11:59 AM
80,000 Macedonians have Australian citizenship, does that mean anything? Does that make us Anglo's?

Midori
05-25-2012, 12:02 PM
44,211 Bulgarians have Bulgarian citizenship.
What's strange about that?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2nr39EsPd1qf5bdz.jpg

80,000 Macedonians have Australian citizenship, does that mean anything? Does that make us Anglo's?

Those are actually Australians of Macedonian descent. Not only Anglos can be Australians.

Vojnik
05-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Those are actually Australians of Macedonian descent. Not only Anglos can be Australians.

Ok, their are 45,000 Macedonian born Australian citizens in Australia, plus, are the Macedonians born in Australia any less Macedonian by blood then the ones born in the Republic, I don't think so.

Midori
05-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Ok, their are 45,000 Macedonian born Australian citizens in Australia, plus, are the Macedonians born in Australia any less Macedonian by blood then the ones born in the Republic, I don't think so.

Most of them can't even speak our language. They are not Macedonians, they are Australians with Macedonian ancestry.

Vojnik
05-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Most of them can't even speak our language. They are not Macedonians, they are Australians with Macedonian ancestry.

LoneShadow, the 45,000 Macedonian born Australians can speak Macedonian.

Onur
05-25-2012, 01:48 PM
These are just futile attempts of poor Bulgarian state to save themselves from their grave demographics problem.

The problem is, these people are getting Bulgarian passports to get easy passage to western Europe but not to stay and live in Bulgaria. Funny thing is, most of the 20.000 Moldovans are Gagauz Turkish speaking christians. So, while they always tried to expel out their own ethnic Bulgarian muslims aka Pomaks as well as local Turkish people in Bulgaria, they are trying to import Turkish speaking christians from Moldova :)

Once i read that their stupid minister says Turkish speaking Gagauz people are the true Bulgarians :)

Archduke
05-25-2012, 02:16 PM
These are just futile attempts of poor Bulgarian state to save themselves from their grave demographics problem.

What can 44,211 macedonians do for the solution of the demographics problem? You are so clever! :D

The problem is, these people are getting Bulgarian passports to get easy passage to western Europe but not to stay and live in Bulgaria.

We didn't know why macedonians want to get Bulgarian passports. Thank God you told us! :lightbul:

Funny thing is, most of the 20.000 Moldovans are Gagauz Turkish speaking christians. So, while they always tried to expel out their own ethnic Bulgarian muslims aka Pomaks as well as local Turkish people in Bulgaria, they are trying to import Turkish speaking christians from Moldova

You are talking about Bessarabian Bulgarians, who are living in Moldova?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bessarabian_Bulgarians

Once i read that their stupid minister says Turkish speaking Gagauz people are the true Bulgarians

They are maybe not true Bulgarians, but maybe you are, pomak boy.

Onur
05-25-2012, 02:54 PM
What can 44,211 macedonians do for the solution of the demographics problem? You are so clever! :D
Not clever as you :)

It`s better than nothing because you guys over there are trying to escape from Bulgaria en masse in favor of western europe and the ones who remains in bulgaria cant even breed while gypsies breeds like rabbits at the same time.

They are maybe not true Bulgarians, but maybe you are, pomak boy.
Maybe you are the grandson of Khan Krum who spoke Turkic like me, who knows?

iNird
05-25-2012, 04:11 PM

Well other Macedonians get citizenship to work or go to school in Bulgaria. Sure many of them use it as a gateway to Western Europe but I don't see the problem from the Bulgarian side. These people share a similar language and culture, and many of their ancestors thought of themselves as the same people. It's not as if they are importing complete foreigners into their country.

Turkey has take in non-Turks from places ranging from the Balkans to the Caucasus to the Middle East.

Archduke
05-25-2012, 04:43 PM
It`s better than nothing because you guys over there are trying to escape from Bulgaria en masse in favor of western europe and the ones who remains in bulgaria cant even breed while gypsies breeds like rabbits at the same time.

I agree with you here. But on the previous post for what "futile attempts" are you talking about? These 44,211 Macedonians with Bulgarian passport are just students, and people who want to escape to Western Europe. Bulgaria and Bulgarians know this very well. When Croatia become EU member there will be no Macedonians asking for Bulgarian passport.

Maybe you are the grandson of Khan Krum who spoke Turkic like me, who knows?

Bulgars were speaking aryan languange.

poiuytrewq0987
05-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Macedonians are becoming Bulgarian citizens en mass, writes Serbian Vecernje Novosti daily.

The newspaper comments that over the last four months Bulgaria has given citizenship to 2,200 Macedonians. The media in Bulgaria speculate with the number saying that one million citizens of Macedonia have already received Bulgarian citizenship.

“This means that half of Macedonia has become Bulgarian, taking into account that the former Yugoslavian republic is inhabited by 2 million people,” the newspaper writes.

According to Serbian analysts Predrag Simic, the Macedonians with Bulgarian passports have bigger rights in the EU and protection.

“Macedonia is under big pressure. It is ethnically divided, which is proved by the recent murders,” Simic commented further.

http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?id=n278872

Archduke
05-25-2012, 08:21 PM
^Sebastos, do you want to have Bulgarian passport?

El Gre
05-26-2012, 12:08 AM
To get that citizenship they have to prove they are Bulgarians or they have Bulgarian origin.
So if they are selling thier 'identity' just so they can have access to Europe, they are either A) pathetic or B) times must be really tough in FYROM or C) they actually have finally seen the light and realized what they are... BULGARIANS!!

Onur
05-26-2012, 12:52 AM
To get that citizenship they have to prove they are Bulgarians or they have Bulgarian origin.

So if they are selling thier 'identity' just so they can have access to Europe, they are either A) pathetic or B) times must be really tough in FYROM or C) they actually have finally seen the light and realized what they are... BULGARIANS!!
Nah, most of the people in Balkans does the same because they are desperate and EU globalist elites constantly feeding the desperate people with the lies like they can supposedly be rich as soon as they step into western Europe for cleaning their shit, taking their garbage, work in their factories etc. I bet most of the Serbs and Kosovars does the same if they would have same opportunity.

Btw, do not disqualify yourself in Greece. You also do the same in there. You sold your national sovereignty to the troika and EU technocrats and you are being ruled by EU elites for a while.

So, they already own your Greek ass while other Balkanites trying to get in line to be able to sell their ass.

Yaroslav
05-26-2012, 12:55 AM
Macedonians simply go there to work. I can get myself Mexican citizenship that wouldn't make me a Mexican.

poiuytrewq0987
05-26-2012, 01:00 AM
Macedonians simply go there to work. I can get myself Mexican citizenship that wouldn't make me a Mexican.

During the last few years, rising economic prosperity and the EU membership of Bulgaria has seen around 60,000 Macedonians applying for Bulgarian citizenship; in order to obtain it they must sign a statement declaring they are Bulgarians by origin.

Yaroslav
05-26-2012, 01:01 AM

Or maybe some people are not fascists and aren't that concerned about ethnicity as you Greeks are. I would have no problem declaring myself as Russian or Polish to go work in those countries if I had to. As for number C, Macedonians are not Bulgarians. They have different identity, just because they are similar doesn't make them part of Bulgaria if they don't declare themselves as such. And when will you Greeks admit that half of you are Hellenized Turks, Albanians, Vlachs, Macedonians, and Bulgarians? Just like Macedonians are Slavizied Macedonians.

poiuytrewq0987
05-26-2012, 01:11 AM
Or maybe some people are not fascists and aren't that concerned about ethnicity as you Greeks are. I would have no problem declaring myself as Russian or Polish to go work in those countries if I had to. As for number C, Macedonians are not Bulgarians. They have different identity, just because they are similar doesn't make them part of Bulgaria if they don't declare themselves as such. And when will you Greeks admit that half of you are Hellenized Turks, Albanians, Vlachs, Macedonians, and Bulgarians? Just like Macedonians are Slavizied Macedonians.

"We are Bulgarian more than the Bulgarians in Bulgaria. The population of Skopje is pure Bulgarian. The Serbian not only want to colonize Macedonia with Serbs from other part of Yugoslavia, but they wish to kill our Bulgarian consciousness. They took our right to call ourselves Bulgarians, even Macedonians, they intrude their schools and education, so much false and Jesuit, so much as the study of St. Sava and finally they come to the idea for the special Macedonian nationality, which they discover in South Macedonia." - Krste Misirkov

We call ourselves Bulgarians or Macedonians and we are very different from the Serbs we are with Bulgarian national consciousness.

Krste Misirkov in "On Macedonian Matters" expressing Novakovich Makedonism, which he reject categorically with the explanation: I wrote it as a politician.

Till the end of his life Krste Misirkov in all his articles defend uncompromising the Bulgarian character of the population of Macedonia as a true Bulgarian patriot.

Krste Misirkov wrote:
1. We speak Bulgarian language and we believed with Bulgarians is our strong power.

2. The Bulgarians in Macedonia.

The future of Macedonia is spiritual union of the Bulgarians in Macedonia.

3. The Macedonian Slavs are called Bulgarians.

4. The biggest part of the population are called Bulgarians.

5. All spoke that Macedonians are Bulgarians.

Until 1978 all including Russian Government spoke the Macedonians are Bulgarians. But after the Berlin Congress the Serbs came with pretension to have Macedonia. They try to change the European opinion that in Macedonia there are Serbian too.

6. If Ilinden uprising win we will be thankful to Bulgarians, but Serbians try to compete with Bulgarians and spend a lot of money and propaganda. If Macedonia is autonomic there will be no space for propaganda and the Serbs have to leave Bulgarian in peace.

7. The Ilinden Uprising Committee is Bulgarian.

8. Bulgarian Language and Bulgarian name. The Committee is ready to give guarantee to Europe that Macedonia will not unify with Bulgaria, but they can't take the Bulgarian name and language from Macedonia!

9. Unification between Turks and Bulgarians in Macedonia.

Serbia and Greece do not want to give us autonomous and independent Macedonia, because they see this as a fist step to unification. In Macedonia have only pure Bulgarian population, which can't be unified with the Turks.

10. Serbia is against autonomous Macedonia.

Serbia is afraid because Macedonia with the Bulgarian population will have tendency to united with Bulgaria and for this reason Serbia will not allow this.

11. They divided us and now they do not allow us to unify.

We are living now 25 years divided from Bulgaria and they do not allow us to unify?

We call ourselves Bulgarians or Macedonians and see us as separate and radically different from the Serbs with Bulgarian national consciousness.

12. Our Grandfathers call themselves Bulgarians.

They never thing that we will be having such a problem to call ourselves so.

13. Bulgarian Literally Language

We the Macedonians voluntarily choose one and the same language with Bulgarians long before the liberation of Bulgaria from Turkey. The prohibition from the Serbs to use our literally language, which is the only one connection between us and Bulgarians is significant violation of our human rights. .. and further.. when they forbid us to call ourselves Bulgarians, to learn Bulgarian history and to be ashamed from everything which connect us with Bulgarians. It is enough to learn our Macedonian culture and history to understand that we are very different from Serbian nationality.

14. There no difference between Bulgarian and Macedonian Slav.

The Greeks in 1804 long before Bulgarian exarchate do not make ant difference between Bulgarian and West Macedonian dialect.

15. Bulgarian national name of Macedonians.

In the IX century in the first Bulgarian kingdom we do not have anything against this Bulgarian national name for us and for the rest of Bulgarians in Bulgaria.

16. We Macedonian Bulgarians (Macedonians) like Bulgarian state as our own.

17. The Serbs are much inferior than we are

We demand freedom for all of us and not to be material for assimilation experiments of the Serbs, which stand much inferior from us in spiritual narrow-mindedness and chauvinism.

18. The Serbs come to the idea of the Macedonian nationality.

The Serbs develop the concept for special Macedonian Nation, which they put in the south Macedonia. They declare north Macedonia as a pure Serbian land. Middle Macedonia as a transition between Serbian and Macedonian language.

19. The population of Skopje is pure Bulgarian.

Vojnik
05-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Our Grandfathers call themselves Bulgarians.

Excuse me? speak for your self Sebastos. My Grandfather is still alive and he has always called himself Macedonian, same goes with his father.

Vojnik
05-26-2012, 01:20 AM
Krste Misirkov in "On Macedonian Matters" expressing Novakovich Makedonism, which he reject categorically with the explanation: I wrote it as a politician.

Till the end of his life Krste Misirkov in all his articles defend uncompromising the Bulgarian character of the population of Macedonia as a true Bulgarian patriot.

On Macedonian Matters, Krste Misirkov, 1903.

I am a Macedonian and this is how I see the position of my country: it is not Russia or Austria-Hungary that are the enemies of Macedonia, but Bulgaria, Greece and Serbia. Our country can be saved from ruin only by struggling fiercely against these states......

Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria; and this is why we must keep our interests apart from those of Bulgaria. Common sense demands it.......

For the Bulgarian name, which has been endowed upon us by the Exarchate, we have taken over and it’s not up to me to try and find out whether some evil Bulgarian demon is responsible for all the evil the Bulgarians have brought upon us, the Macedonians......

They consider Macedonia to be Bulgarian in the ethnographic sense but find it unnecessary to waste their energy on getting to know the country better; as a result they know nothing about it, about its history, geography and ethnography........

poiuytrewq0987
05-26-2012, 01:23 AM
On Macedonian Matters, Krste Misirkov, 1903.

poiuytrewq0987
05-26-2012, 01:23 AM
Excuse me? speak for your self Sebastos. My Grandfather is still alive and he has always called himself Macedonian, same goes with his father.

I'm not denying we have a strong regional identity like Bavarians have a strong regional identity. :)

Vojnik
05-26-2012, 01:28 AM
So if that is true that he wrote it as a politician, then he must of been trying to make the people of Macedeonia happy by expressing his Macedonism. So it must mean that Macedonians did consider themselves as such and by Misirkov expressing that he is Macedonian would gain him support from the people.

By the way, can I have a source to that quote?

poiuytrewq0987
05-26-2012, 01:34 AM
So if that is true that he wrote it as a politician, then he must of been trying to make the people of Macedeonia happy by expressing his Macedonism. So it must mean that Macedonians did consider themselves as such and by Misirkov expressing that he is Macedonian would gain him support from the people.

By the way, can I have a source to that quote?

It seems like he preached Macedonism because Serbs want to create a new nationality to keep Macedonia out of Bulgaria's hands. Regardless, he certainly presented our nationality in a way that maintained our strong regional identity like Bavarians have strong regional identity but they are still Germans.

"They (the Serbs) come to the idea for the special Macedonian nationality, which they discover in South Macedonia."

Btw the source: http://www.macedoniainfo.com/Krste_Misirkov.htm

Vojnik
05-26-2012, 01:35 AM
I'm not denying we have a strong regional identity like Bavarians have a strong regional identity. :)

Another thing, what makes Bulgarians so superior to us in a ethnic sense? why are we the "regional identity" while they are some sought of kings. Why can't it be the other way around?

Onur
05-26-2012, 01:37 AM
Sebastos, you should be careful about what you trust from 1890s to 1912 in Macedonia because Ottoman empire was on the path of destruction in that times and literally every state in the Europe was trying to find more allies for themselves from the non-Turkish peoples in the empire.

Macedonia was the worst of it all. Tsar Ferdinand had his own pro-Bulgarian faction in there. He was providing money, guns, bombs and everything to them with the support from Moscow. There was also pro-Greek, pro-Serbian and pro-autonomy factions too. These people killed each other while terrorizing the Turks for a decade to become more powerful when Macedonia becomes independent and to get bigger slice from the cake when the time comes.

I bet i can find similar texts from 1890-1910s Macedonia claiming that Macedonians are supposedly Greeks or Serbians.

Vojnik
05-26-2012, 01:41 AM
It seems like he preached Macedonism because Serbs want to create a new nationality to keep Macedonia out of Bulgaria's hands. Regardless, he certainly presented our nationality in a way that maintained our strong regional identity like Bavarians have strong regional identity but they are still Germans.

Btw the source: http://www.macedoniainfo.com/Krste_Misirkov.htm

Whenever Misirkov writes in favour of the Bulgarian side, he almost always seems emotional on it, making erratically broad statements that are not at all in the spirit of the normal Misirkov. External factors are involved, especially towards the end of his life in the 1920's. Those external factors would of came from the Serbs when trying to push their propaganda onto the Macedonian population.

poiuytrewq0987
05-26-2012, 01:45 AM
Another thing, what makes Bulgarians so superior to us in a ethnic sense? why are we the "regional identity" while they are some sought of kings. Why can't it be the other way around?

I don't think it works that way. A regional identity means unique traditions, customs, etc in an area but not so different from the mainstream identity i.e. Bulgarian identity. There's three regions that are considered part of Bulgaria; Thrace, Moesia and Macedonia. There are Moesian and Thracian regional identities but Thrace Bulgarians were annihilated in 1913 and deported to North Thrace and incorporated into the wider Moesian identity. Moesia is the heart of Bulgaria because the idea of Bulgaria, Bulgarian, Slavic education, traditions and culture all emerged there.

Thrace Bulgarians:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/55/Ethnographic-map-Thrace-1912.jpg/800px-Ethnographic-map-Thrace-1912.jpg

Incal
05-26-2012, 02:10 AM

I can also apply for Japanese citizenship, that doesn't mean I will get it. The question is how do they get it so easy?

Yaroslav
05-26-2012, 02:28 AM
I can also apply for Japanese citizenship, that doesn't mean I will get it. The question is how do they get it so easy?

Because Bulgaria considers Macedonians as Bulgarians. And when Macedonians apply that doesn't mean they consider themselves as Bulgarian, if I had the chance to apply for Russian or Polish citizenship I would go for it (I'm pure Ukrainian). Not all people are nationalists. :p

El Gre
05-26-2012, 02:29 AM
In a letter to Prof. Marin Drinov of May 25, 1888 Kuzman Shapkarev writes: "But even stranger is the name Macedonians, which was imposed on us only 10-15 years ago by outsiders, and not as some think by our own intellectuals.... Yet the people in Macedonia know nothing of that ancient name, reintroduced today with a cunning aim on the one hand and a stupid one on the other. They know the older word: "Bugari", although mispronounced: they have even adopted it as peculiarly theirs, inapplicable to other Bulgarians. You can find more about this in the introduction to the booklets I am sending you. They call their own Macedono-Bulgarian dialect the "Bugarski language", while the rest of the Bulgarian dialects they refer to as the "Shopski language". (Makedonski pregled, IX, 2, 1934, p. 55; the original letter is kept in the Marin Drinov Museum in Sofia, and it is available for examination and study)

:thumb001:

So to our Bulgarian readers , who are the Shopovi? Are they the people around Sofia??

Archduke
05-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Because Bulgaria considers Macedonians as Bulgarians. And when Macedonians apply that doesn't mean they consider themselves as Bulgarian, if I had the chance to apply for Russian or Polish citizenship I would go for it (I'm pure Ukrainian). Not all people are nationalists. :p

But ask yourself why they apply only for Bulgarian passport? I mean, Greece, Romania and Slovenia are also EU countries. They can easaly pretend to be vlachs from Macedonia to get Romanian passport. They can also pretend to be greeks. Don't tell me it is about the languange, because accoridng to all here Macedonians get passports only for Western Europe.

So to our Bulgarian readers , who are the Shopovi? Are they the people around Sofia??

I think you are talking about Shopi? They are people, living in Shopluk region, which not only includes Sofia, but almost all Western Bulgaria, Eastern Serbia and Eastern parts of Macedonia. :coffee:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shopi

Macedonia was the worst of it all. Tsar Ferdinand had his own pro-Bulgarian faction in there. He was providing money, guns, bombs and everything to them with the support from Moscow. There was also pro-Greek, pro-Serbian and pro-autonomy factions too. These people killed each other while terrorizing the Turks for a decade to become more powerful when Macedonia becomes independent and to get bigger slice from the cake when the time comes.

What you want to prove with this?

I bet i can find similar texts from 1890-1910s Macedonia claiming that Macedonians are supposedly Greeks or Serbians.

I want to see these texts, really. :D

Yaroslav
05-26-2012, 07:30 PM
But ask yourself why they apply only for Bulgarian passport? I mean, Greece, Romania and Slovenia are also EU countries. They can easaly pretend to be vlachs from Macedonia to get Romanian passport. They can also pretend to be greeks. Don't tell me it is about the languange, because accoridng to all here Macedonians get passports only for Western Europe.

Because Bulgaria is culturally more closer to Macedonia than Greece and Romania, and the language is similar. And there are many Macedonians in Serbia also.

Archduke
05-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Because Bulgaria is culturally more closer to Macedonia than Greece and Romania, and the language is similar. And there are many Macedonians in Serbia also.

According to you Macedonians use Bulgarian passports only for Western Europe, so similar languanges and culture are not needed in this case. Macedonians can get Greek passports for Western Europe too.

Yaroslav
05-26-2012, 09:57 PM
According to you Macedonians use Bulgarian passports only for Western Europe, so similar languanges and culture are not needed in this case. Macedonians can get Greek passports for Western Europe too.

When did I say that? :confused:

I said they go to work IN Bulgaria.

El Gre
05-27-2012, 01:23 AM
I think you are talking about Shopi? They are people, living in Shopluk region, which not only includes Sofia, but almost all Western Bulgaria, Eastern Serbia and Eastern parts of Macedonia. :coffee:

Thank you for the info. The name Shopluk is very interesting because in southern Macedonia near Vergina the place was called Rumluk (place of the Greeks) so Shopluk must translate to 'place of the Shopi.'
Luk is a Turkish word, so the Ottomans must have given these names to these places.

Archduke
05-27-2012, 08:12 AM
When did I say that? :confused:

I said they go to work IN Bulgaria.

Sorry, my mistake. Onur said it. :coffee:

Crn Volk
05-28-2012, 12:28 AM
As long as the prospect of Macedonia's entry to the EU goes further and further away (thanks to the Greeks), then this process will continue. The question then arises, what happens when there are so many Bulgarian citizens in Macedonia? Do they become a voting block in Bulgarian politics?, do they serve in the Bulgarian army? What happens when shiptars next attack Macedonians, and the victims are Bulgarian citizens?? hmmmm.....Will Bulgaria respond??

morski
06-02-2012, 01:23 PM

The problem is, these people are getting Bulgarian passports to get easy passage to western Europe but not to stay and live in Bulgaria. Funny thing is, most of the 20.000 Moldovans are Gagauz Turkish speaking christians. So, while they always tried to expel out their own ethnic Bulgarian muslims aka Pomaks as well as local Turkish people in Bulgaria, they are trying to import Turkish speaking christians from Moldova :)

Once i read that their stupid minister says Turkish speaking Gagauz people are the true Bulgarians :)

Once again you blatantly display how ill-infromed you are on Balkan topics. There are more than 300 000 ethnic Bulgarians(Speaking Bulgarian as a mother-tongue; I live with one, so you can trust me:D) in Bessarabia (Moldova, Ukraine) apart from the Gagauzes who, like it or not, are an integral part of hte Bulgarian nation and at the present time are just a peculiar ethnographic group in the Bulgarian ethnos. The Gagauzes in Bulgaria call themselves asli Bulgar and hate Turks. There you go.

We've never tried to get rid of the Pomaks.

morski
06-02-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't think it works that way. A regional identity means unique traditions, customs, etc in an area but not so different from the mainstream identity i.e. Bulgarian identity. There's three regions that are considered part of Bulgaria; Thrace, Moesia and Macedonia. There are Moesian and Thracian regional identities but Thrace Bulgarians were annihilated in 1913 and deported to North Thrace and incorporated into the wider Moesian identity. Moesia is the heart of Bulgaria because the idea of Bulgaria, Bulgarian, Slavic education, traditions and culture all emerged there.

Thrace Bulgarians:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/55/Ethnographic-map-Thrace-1912.jpg/800px-Ethnographic-map-Thrace-1912.jpg

As I have mentioned it in other threads around here I am descended from refugees, who fled from Odrin(Eastern Thrace) to Bulgaria after the disastrous Second Balkan War in 1913. There is a strong Thracian regional identity as well and the famous Тракийски дружества are similar to the MAcedonian diaspora organizations like the MPO for example. We commemorate annually the congress of the Odrin revolutionary district of the IMARO on which the decision was taken to ignite the Ilinden-Preobrazhneie uprising.

morski
06-02-2012, 01:35 PM
:thumb001:

Yes. The Shopi are the eastern-most Torlaks, mainly found around Sofia.

Onur
06-02-2012, 02:12 PM
The Gagauzes in Bulgaria call themselves asli Bulgar and hate Turks. There you go.
Which language is the sentence "Asli bulgar"? Does it slavic? Nope, it is Turkish meaning "true, original bulgar". So you slavic speaking assimilated ones consider these Turkish speaking people as "true Bulgars"? If thats the case, then it`s good, you better accept what was your roots.

If they hate from Turks today, despite speaking Turkish at the same time, it should be because of your assimilation policies and anti-Turkish propaganda, just like the Macedonians or Albanians of Greece despising from their kinsmen in the north.

the Gagauzes who, like it or not, are an integral part of hte Bulgarian nation and at the present time are just a peculiar ethnographic group in the Bulgarian ethnos.
Gagauzs are integral part of Bulgarian ethnos? How about Gagauzs in the autonomous region of Moldova or the ones in Greece and in Turkey? Are they integral part of the Bulgarian ethnos too?

My brother`s Bulgarian Turkish wife told me that Gagauzs remains hidden in Bulgaria. She told me that when she was walking in the streets of Sofia or sitting in a cafe, sometimes a Gagauz comes by them to ask something cuz they hear that she speaks in Turkish. She said that they usually speak Turkish by whispering in low voice even when they are in privacy and returning to Bulgarian language in public. They are mostly hesitant to speak Turkish in public for not being branded as "Turks" and not to be discriminated among Bulgarian christians. You demonized their true identity, language, so they prefer to be assimilated among your shallow Bulgarian ethnos by their own will after some time.

We've never tried to get rid of the Pomaks.
Yes you did in 1989. You changed their names too just like you did to the Turks and you tried to expel them out to Turkey too. But in fact, while the Turks were fancy migrating to modern Turkey from the filthy commie Bulgaria at that time, Pomaks has shown the biggest resistance against your assimilation policies. They were the ones who organized biggest protestations. You killed around ~200 people in 1989 before expelling out ~350.000 of them and most likely there was Pomaks among the casualties.

morski
06-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the heart-breaking anecdote. There are tears in me eyes... :D