PDA

View Full Version : Ioannidis, a Macedonian from Gevgelija

Vojnik
05-26-2012, 07:26 AM
Yannis Ioannidis of Nea Democratia belongs to that "other" group of ethnic Macedonians living in Greece.

On Greek national TV Ioannidis stated he was born in Gevgelija, adding he was an original Macedonian. Moments later he contradicted himself explaining that "here" was the original Macedonia! Greek media remained silent to his statement, even when he claimed Greece had not managed to free Gevgelija! This sort of irredentist statements by Greek politicians are common and welcomed by both media and public.

Ioannidis' family indeed is from the small southern Macedonian city of Gevgelija, he was born and grew up there. Their last name was "Dajcev", needless to say he speaks and understands Macedonian perfectly. Both of his parents never learned to speak Greek. Upon their move to Solun, the family changed their last name to Datsis to make it sound more Greek. (:D) However, during his basketball days he got the nickname 'Ioannidis' which stuck to this day.

He is considered a basketball legend in Greece, coached Aris in the 80's and early 90's, Olympiakos, AEK and the Greek national team.

Once he retired from basketball Ioannidis entered politics as an MP from Solun (2004). Since then he's been an MP for Nea Democratia. During his recent TV interview as preparation for the upcoming elecitons, Ioannidis warned Greeks not to vote for Syriza because the left leaning party had no problems with Macedonia's name. For Ioannidis this was unacceptable.

We have said this before and we'll say it once more: It's this type of "Greeks" who are the problem for the normalizations of relations between Macedonia and Greece.

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/21081/2/

What a traitor!

iNird
05-26-2012, 01:46 PM
Sorry man, but that website is sh*t. Complete sh*t. Do you have another source or video?

Vojnik
05-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Sorry man, but that website is sh*t. Complete sh*t. Do you have another source or video?

I don't know why it's "shit" but if I find the video I will post it.

Queen B
05-26-2012, 03:16 PM
What a traitor!
Where do you see a traitor? He is Macedonian, real one, not a Bulgarian one.
There is nothing irredentistic in his statement.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jCpGAG71Rlw#!

Onur
05-26-2012, 06:37 PM
He is a real Macedonian because he learned Greek language in the school and changed his slavic surname to Greek sounding one?

So, according to your terms, his parents was Bulgarians but the guy learned modern Greek in the school and he automatically became super duper hellenic Macedonian with blue blood in his veins?

The article says so;

Ioannidis' family indeed is from the small southern Macedonian city of Gevgelija, he was born and grew up there. Their last name was "Dajcev", needless to say he speaks and understands Macedonian perfectly. Both of his parents never learned to speak Greek. Upon their move to Solun, the family changed their last name to Datsis to make it sound more Greek.

Actually we know that this is some kind of norm in Greece because more than half of your citizens became hellenes like that in the last century from Albanian, Turkish, Macedonian, Vlach speaking parents. Btw millions of people in Greece have Turkish "-ouglu" surnames today but there was more than that before 1930s because i know that many people dropped "-ouglu" endings and in favor of "-idis, -lis, -pulos" or completely changed their Turkish surnames. These people had Turkish speaking parents, mostly ignorant to basic Greek.

Queen B
05-26-2012, 06:48 PM
He is a real Macedonian because he learned Greek language in the school and changed his slavic surname to Greek sounding one?
He is a real Macedonian because he is Greek. Bullshit that you read in Fyromian propaganda sites, are not necesserily true.

So, according to your terms, his parents was Bulgarians but the guy learned modern Greek in the school and he automatically became super duper hellenic Macedonian with blue blood in his veins?

Really?GIVE me the proofs of his Bulgarian ancestry and his previous surname.. His papers maybe, with his ''old'' surname.

Actually we know that this is some kind of norm in Greece because more than half of your citizens became hellenes like that in the last century from Albanian, Turkish, Macedonian, Vlach speaking parents. Btw millions of people in Greece have Turkish "-ouglu" surnames today but there was more than that before 1930s because i know that many people dropped "-ouglu" endings and in favor of "-idis, -lis, -pulos" or completely changed their Turkish surnames.
Oh, really you are not bored to post the same old stupid bullshit again and again.
You might say this a million times, that doesn't make it true.

1) Arvanites and Vlachs are very aware of their origin. You should already know it.
They are aware and the rest of Greeks are aware, and their population number is already known
2) Only a stupid person would believe that there are MILLIONS of people in Greece that have a surname ending in -oglu. Sure there are, but the couple of thousands to a millions, there is a big difference. Your stupid propaganda sites, clearly need a math lesson
3) Poulos has nothing to do with Pontic Greeks or Greeks that came from Asia Minor, dumbass. -poulos is an ending from Pelloponese, and the Greeks that came from Pontos or Asia Minor moved to Macedonia.
4)Those that change their Turkish surname is the living proof that Turkification didn't aplly to strong patriots.
:cool:

Onur
05-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Greeks had their own church, schools, jurisdiction and administration inside the Ottoman empire. There was no such a thing as Turkification towards these people. Even if one person changes his religion, Istanbul patriarchy would have noted that. The people with Turkish surnames was simply Turkish christians and they were getting baptized with their Turkish names by your patriarch and they were doing their liturgy with Turkish bibles issued by patriarchy again.

You Greeks hellenized them because they had no chance to live with their Turkish identity in your fascist state. You are in so full of lies and denial that you even deny the existence of slavic Macedonians in today`s Greece. Macedonians also undergone with same assimilation process, thats why these slavs are ashamed of their true identities and pretending to be champion of hellenes today.

Queen B
05-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Greeks had their own church, schools, jurisdiction and administration inside the Ottoman empire. There was no such a thing as Turkification towards these people. Even if one person changes his religion, Istanbul patriarchy would have noted that. The people with Turkish surnames was simply Turkish christians and they were getting baptized with their Turkish names by your patriarch and they were doing their liturgy with Turkish bibles issued by patriarchy again.
You Greeks hellenized them because they had no chance to live with their Turkish identity in your fascist state. You are in so full of lies and denial that you even deny the existence of slavic Macedonians in today`s Greece. Macedonians also undergone with same assimilation process, thats why these slavs are ashamed of their true identities and pretending to be champion of hellenes today.
:rotfl:
Why we have so many Muslims yet that live perfectly fine with their Muslim names and Muslim surnames in our fascist Greek state?
How can they fucking survive to our state?
How can they fucking survive with their special benefits in jobs, university and their fucking minority schools?
Yeap, I know our fascist state.....

There are no other Macedonians except the Greeks.
The Bulgarians that call themselves Macedonians, are not more than 5.000
You see, those 5.000 can easily raise their voices if they want, if you aren't aware they have a political party, they publish dictionaries, and make celebrations that even gather their compatriots from the shithole in the North!

Wow! we do such ''good'' assimiliation! :rotfl:

Btw, where is the Bulgarian ancestry of Ioannidis again? :rolleyes2:

Onur
05-26-2012, 10:24 PM
:rotfl:
Why we have so many Muslims yet that live perfectly fine with their Muslim names and Muslim surnames in our fascist Greek state?
How can they fucking survive to our state?
How can they fucking survive with their special benefits in jobs, university and their fucking minority schools?
Yeap, I know our fascist state.....
While you are trying to deny my opinion, you yourself prove your fascist states false doctrine.

Can you tell me whatta fck is "muslim names"?

They have Turkish names just like some of your neo-hellenes with -ouglu surnames. They are Turkish people. You cannot identify them just with their religion by ignoring their ethnic identity but thats what your fascist state does and you are so fond of that, you think this is something normal.

There are no other Macedonians except the Greeks.
Deny however you like, or you can assimilate or eliminate the rest of slavic speaking Macedonians in Greece but you cant change the historical facts.

Queen B
05-26-2012, 10:44 PM
While you are trying to deny my opinion, you yourself prove your fascist states false doctrine.
Can you tell me whatta fck is "muslim names"?
All those Mehmet, Ahmet, Houzein, Aihan.

They have Turkish names just like some of your neo-hellenes with -ouglu surnames. They are Turkish people. You cannot identify them just with their religion by ignoring their ethnic identity but thats what your fascist state does and you are so fond of that, you think this is something normal.

Sure they have Arabic and Turkish names and surnames.
Unlike YOU, we respect them. We don't create Septemvriana neither we have 15 millions Kurds, that don't have an official minority status or minority schools, whereas they make a big rate of the population of Turkey.

We fucking keep special reserved places for them to entry the University. They are having access to dorms in Unis, while ethnic Greeks don't unless they are very poor. They fucking have benefits that I, as an ethnic Greek, don't have. They have their own minority schools.

I would have a better attitude from Greek state if I wasn't an ethnic Greek, that's the reality.

I had to PAY rent because I couldn't get a dorm, while a muslim that might earn the same as my family, could.
I had to fight with my scores to enter Uni, while they could enter with lower scores in the same Uni as I did.

Deny however you like, or you can assimilate or eliminate the rest of slavic speaking Bulgarians in Greece but you cant change the historical facts.
Give me those historical facts.
You said that Ioannidis is not Greek. Where is this fact?

believe me , if we wanted to assimiliate someone, we would do it. But you have your compatriots alive and kicking. You have the hilariously big amount of those ...... 5.000 Bulgarians that call themselves Macedonians, to create their political party, to publish their dictionaries and make celebrations, in where even their filthy compatriots are coming.

Even the Vlachs and Arvanites, that clearly feel Greeks, are perfectly aware, and all of us are, of their origins.

El Gre
05-27-2012, 01:15 AM
From looking at his picture he cant be older than 60. So for arguments sake lets say he is 60 , that would mean he was born in the 50's. So Yugoslavia is alive and kicking , Tito has already created 'SFRM' and his parents who are supposedly true blooded machedonski patriots decide to pack up and leave a few kilometres south to Greece. His name was 'Dajcev' (maybe it was Dajcevski, those assclowns already had the ski added to the ov and ev endings in the 40's)
and his family willingly decides to change it to a 'greek sounding name'.

He then gets a 'nickname' which becomes his official name in everyday use?!??!?

Great investigative reporting assclowns.

Vojnik
05-27-2012, 08:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jCpGAG71Rlw#!

He was born in the Macedonian town of Gevgelija. His parents speak only Macedonian where he himself speaks Macedonian and Greek. He is a traitor because he stated that he is a "true Macedonian", 'Greek Macedonian', which in a way insinuates that us Macedonians are not true, at the same time, Ioannidis is one of us.

He is a traitor because he is going against his own people.

dralos
05-27-2012, 09:42 AM
He was born in the Macedonian town of Gevgelija. His parents speak only Macedonian where he himself speaks Macedonian and Greek. He is a traitor because he stated that he is a "true Macedonian", 'Greek Macedonian', which in a way insinuates that us Macedonians are not true, at the same time, Ioannidis is one of us.

but how can you be macedonians,when you dont speak his language,dont have his culture but use slavic names,slavic culture all slavic
you're bulgarians dont deny it anymore:thumb001:

Archduke
05-27-2012, 09:57 AM
but how can you be macedonians,when you dont speak his language,dont have his culture but use slavic names,slavic culture all slavic

dralos, are majority of albs thinking that macedonians are bulgarians?

dralos
05-27-2012, 09:58 AM
dralos, are majority of albs thinking that macedonians are bulgarians?
yes everyone is aware of that,only they believe that they're descendants of alexanderski the greatski

Vojnik
05-27-2012, 11:17 AM

If you haven't read the article, him and his parents immigrated to Greece when he was a child. Before they immigrated to Greece they had a Slavic Macedonian surname and only spoke Macedonian, not Greek. Why do you personally care anyway dralos?

Vojnik
05-27-2012, 11:19 AM
yes everyone is aware of that,only they believe that they're descendants of alexanderski the greatski

Haha funny, what's even more funny is how you Albanians think yous are direct decendents of the Illyrians. :coffee:

dralos
05-27-2012, 11:20 AM
If you haven't read the article, him and his parents immigrated to Greece when he was a child. Before they immigrated to Greece they had a Slavic Macedonian surname and only spoke Macedonian, not Greek. Why do you personally care anyway dralos?
its the truth, besides if you are on it ask your buddies why they care that we're illyrians:thumb001:

dralos
05-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Haha funny, what's even more funny is how you Albanians think yous are direct decendents of the Illyrians. :coffee:
vladimir bogdanovski is it?:D

Queen B
05-27-2012, 11:38 AM
He was born in Thessaloniki, his parents was born in Gevgelia.
Please find me a source that he speaks Bulgarian and his parents speak only Bulgarian.

And find me a SOURCE about his ancestry/name. Can you ?

Vojnik
05-27-2012, 01:19 PM

No, it would be Jane Dajcev. :thumbs up

Vojnik
05-27-2012, 01:23 PM
He was born in Thessaloniki, his parents was born in Gevgelia.
Please find me a source that he speaks Bulgarian and his parents speak only Bulgarian.

And find me a SOURCE about his ancestry/name. Can you ?

Actually, I can't find much about his family history, but I trust that Mina has done their research. Mina has no reason to lie in the article, have they?

Queen B
05-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Actually, I can't find much about his family history, but I trust that Mina has done their research. Mina has no reason to lie in the article, have they?
Mina isn't this ''great'' site that posted this ''amazing'' article with the ''best'' survey ever?
http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/21019/46/
It was this great survey that this trustful site posted... You know , the one that they wanted to kick Greece out of Nato (:lol:) , and also Cyprus.

Little importance has that Cyprus is not part of Nato :rotfl:

Mina is a joke, it is not only full of propaganda, but its full of stupid propaganda.

Next time post something serious, sources and real facts.

iNird
05-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Mina is a joke, it is not only full of propaganda, but its full of stupid propaganda.

Agreed. The site is full of amateur reporting and does nothing to hide its biased views. Some of their articles are full of grammar mistakes as well.

I would not trust any article on that site without confirming it with another source. That's just me.

Onur
05-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Mina isn't this ''great'' site that posted this ''amazing'' article with the ''best'' survey ever?
It was this great survey that this trustful site posted... You know , the one that they wanted to kick Greece out of Nato (:lol:) , and also Cyprus.

That survey has been done by one of the most popular US political magazine in the world, named Foreign Policy. Macedonian website is just reporting their article;

The FP Survey: The Future of NATO
Does the 63-year-old alliance still matter today? We asked politicians, scholars, and other observers from both sides of the Atlantic to weigh in.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/05/14/expert_survey_the_future_of_nato?page=0,1

According to the survey, 18 out of 59 politicians, scholars, and other observers from Europe and USA thinks that Greece should be booted out from NATO "For its behavior toward Macedonia and Turkey. Due to its boundlessly selfish egotism and disruptive tactics."

Before your possible claim that these people supposedly being Turkish, here is the list of international participants;

Participants (59): David Aaron, David Abrahams, Rafael Bardaji, Hans Binnendijk, Dirk Brengelmann, Yves Brodeur, Ian Brzezinski, Frances Burwell, Christopher Chivvis, W. Eugene Cobble, Heather Conley, Marios Efthymiopoulos, Charles Freeman, Karsten Friis, Jeremy Ghez, James Goldgeier, Ana Maria Gomes, Ulrike Guerot, Jason Healey, P. Terrence Hopmann, Toomas Hendrik Ilves, James Joyner, Rasa Jukneviciene, Karl Kaiser, Lawrence Kaplan, Sarwar Kashmeri, Sean Kay, Daniel Keohane, Jim Kolbe, Aleksander Kwasniewski, Iurie Leanca, Henrik Liljegren, Julian Lindley-French, Richard Lugar, Jüri Luik, George Maior, Tomas Malmlöf, Sally McNamara, Alessandro Minuto-Rizzo, Shuja Nawaz, Boyko Noev, Clara Marina O'Donnell, Ioan Mircea Pascu, Barry Pavel, J. Peter Pham, Tomas Ries, Matthew Rojansky, Stephen Saideman, Kori Schake, Daniel Serwer, Stanley R. Sloan, John Tanner, Jan Techau, Kenneth Weisbrode, Damon Wilson, Boguslaw Winid, Jörg Wolf, Dov Zakheim, Michael Zilmer-Johns.

Now who is a joke? It was always you but you cant realize it due to your "boundlessly selfish egotism" as indicated by the survey participants.

Vojnik
05-27-2012, 02:13 PM

Mina mostly just takes articles from different news agencies around the world but sometimes they make their own articles with their own research behind it. Again, there is no reason for them to lie about that, Macedonians have nothing to gain out of that article, it's embarrassing to us that Ioannidis is hiding his true identity.

Can you show me serious, sources and real facts that his parents spoke Greek and that he has always had this 'Greek' surname?

Queen B
05-27-2012, 04:39 PM
That survey has been done by one of the most popular US political magazine in the world, named Foreign Policy. Macedonian website is just reporting their article;

Mina mostly just takes articles from different news agencies around the world but sometimes they make their own articles with their own research behind it. Again, there is no reason for them to lie about that, Macedonians have nothing to gain out of that article, it's embarrassing to us that Ioannidis is hiding his true identity.

And? You think that it isn't still a joke?
A supposed ''reliable'' news site should check what it posts.
Mina is no different from you (plural)
You both parrot bullshit, without even check it before or even read it .
Just a ''negative'' article is ''enough'' and ''does the job'' for you.

Can you show me serious, sources and real facts that his parents spoke Greek and that he has always had this 'Greek' surname?

Your trustfull site claimed that he is not of Greek origin, and your trustfull site claim that his parents didn't spoke Greek. If you are about to doubt something, you have to be ready to back it up by facts, and don't do the opossite.

Linet
05-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Let me get one thing....
As far as i understand what you say is that Greeks were nearly vanished :mmmm:.... but they managed to turn Turks (who were the rulling force), Vlachs and Bulgarians into Greeks :eek:? Wow... miracle :lightbul:.... the fewer and weaker managed to turn stronger and bigger (as you claim) nations to believe they are Greeks :confused:? Wow, Greeks have amazingly strong dna and convincing abilities...:thumb001:

El Gre
05-27-2012, 10:48 PM
MINA caught lying again..

Ioannidis' family indeed is from the small southern Macedonian city of Gevgelija, he was born and grew up there.

Ioannidis was not born in Gevgeli but Thessaloniki, so he certainly didnt 'grow up' there. It is possible his parents or grandparents were born in Gevgeli.
But during the population exchanges many Greeks left Vardar to come and be in Greece, so this is what most likely happened with his family.

Crn Volk
05-28-2012, 12:39 AM

and yet they call us and serbs 'shka' a derogatory name for Slav. they don't call us bulgars...

Crn Volk
05-28-2012, 12:41 AM

No, Alia Ahmeti - a true European name...:coffee:

Queen B
05-28-2012, 10:55 AM
MINA caught lying again..

Ioannidis was not born in Gevgeli but Thessaloniki, so he certainly didnt 'grow up' there. It is possible his parents or grandparents were born in Gevgeli.
But during the population exchanges many Greeks left Vardar to come and be in Greece, so this is what most likely happened with his family.
I already pointed out that he was born in Thessaloniki.

Gevgeli was a great center of Hellinism up until 1912.
Let me get one thing....
As far as i understand what you say is that Greeks were nearly vanished :mmmm:.... but they managed to turn Turks (who were the rulling force), Vlachs and Bulgarians into Greeks :eek:? Wow... miracle :lightbul:.... the fewer and weaker managed to turn stronger and bigger (as you claim) nations to believe they are Greeks :confused:? Wow, Greeks have amazingly strong dna and convincing abilities...:thumb001:
You forgot something more .
For them, modern Greeks are hellinized Turks, Albanians and Bulgarians, and NO ONE, I repeat, NOONE ever says that are f.e. Hellinized Romans/Italians.

Also, none of the Fyromians, Turks and Albanians are Bulgarized Greeks, Turkified Greeks or Albanized Greeks .

:thumbs up

morski
05-28-2012, 02:05 PM
I personally know some Bulgarianized Greeks around the Black Sea coast here in Bulgaria.

poiuytrewq0987
05-28-2012, 02:42 PM
From horse's mouth:

Giannis Ioannidis was born in Thessaloniki, Greece, son of Dimitris Ioannidis and Eleni Tsorlini from the historic Gevgeli. Grandson of the fighters for Macedonia, Vassilios Tsorlinis, one of the founders of Saint Pandon Church in Thessaloniki and Church Warden of Saint Mina, in honor of whom a road in Thessaloniki was given his name.

http://www.hellenicparliament.gr/en/Vouleftes/Viografika-Stoicheia/?MPId=8d40591c-09ec-4b0c-abcc-93b6072b50ee

So he Giannis wasn't born in Gevgelija but his parents were. I suppose the question at this juncture is whether his parents chose to Hellenize themselves, were forced to Hellenize, or were Greeks from Gevgelija.

dralos
05-28-2012, 02:49 PM
No, Alia Ahmeti - a true European name...:coffee:
you really are stupid:D

Onur
05-28-2012, 08:24 PM
I personally know some Bulgarianized Greeks around the Black Sea coast here in Bulgaria.
Blacksea coasts of Bulgaria was the home of Gagauz Turkish christians for 1000 years. I think you were just assuming that they are Greeks just because their adherence to Greek church.

Did you ever think how the hell Greeks ended up in your Blacksea coasts, near Romania? They are not Greeks Morski, they were Gagauz Turks.

Check your official census records in Bulgaria. There was about ~100.000 Gagauz in there but they suddenly disappeared after 1970s from censuses and considered as Bulgarians anymore.

If you personally know these people just ask them what was their ancestral language and which language they grandparents spoke. If they are not ashamed of it due to anti-Turkish propaganda around there, then they will tell you that it was pure Turkish.

Linet
05-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Oh Onur again.... how i love to see you....
Always ignoring history and always trying to prove that the sun rises from the West..

Turkophagos
05-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Η πόλη υπήρξε ένα από τα σημαντικότερα κέντρα του Ελληνισμού έως το 1912. Οι κάτοικοι της περιοχής Γευγελής συμμετείχαν στην Επανάσταση του 1821. Σημαντικοί Έλληνες αγωνιστές ήταν οι οπλαρχηγοί καπετάν Θανάσης και Νταβέλης. Γευγελιώτης ήταν ο Γεώργιος Βαφόπουλος, ο ποιητής "της Μακεδονίας". Κατά το Μακεδονικό Αγώνα, ο Δημοσθένης Κύρου συντονίζε και οργάνωνε την άμυνα των Ελλήνων σε όλη την περιοχή. Στη Γευγελή επίσης, ενεργοποιήθηκαν τα σώματα των Χρήστου Δέλλιου και Σίμου Μάλιου.

:icon_yawn:

morski
05-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Blacksea coasts of Bulgaria was the home of Gagauz Turkish christians for 1000 years. I think you were just assuming that they are Greeks just because their adherence to Greek church.

Did you ever think how the hell Greeks ended up in your Blacksea coasts, near Romania? They are not Greeks Morski, they were Gagauz Turks.

Check your official census records in Bulgaria. There was about ~100.000 Gagauz in there but they suddenly disappeared after 1970s from censuses and considered as Bulgarians anymore.

If you personally know these people just ask them what was their ancestral language and which language they grandparents spoke. If they are not ashamed of it due to anti-Turkish propaganda around there, then they will tell you that it was pure Turkish.

I'm well aware of the Gagauz. I know some of those too. They were mostly living in the North-East and most of them migrated into present day Bessarabia 200 years ago, the rest are pretty much assimilated into the general Bulgarian ethnos as a peculiar ethnographic group.

The South-East, however, is a completely different story. Towns such as Nesebar, Sozopol, Anhialo(Pomorie) were as Greek as it gets. Founded by Greeks in classical antiquity and with uninterrupted continuity up until the Mollov-Kafandaris arrangement and the subsequent Bulgarian colonization of the coastal area. Even after the Liberation from the Ottomans in the principality of Bulgaria and in Eastern Rumelia the first mayors of those towns were ethnic Greeks.

You should trust me on this. I was born here and lived in the area for most of my life... :)

Queen B
05-29-2012, 12:07 PM
So, can any Bulgarian here proof the bullshit from MINA or not?

morski
05-29-2012, 01:30 PM
From horse's mouth:

http://www.hellenicparliament.gr/en/Vouleftes/Viografika-Stoicheia/?MPId=8d40591c-09ec-4b0c-abcc-93b6072b50ee

So he Giannis wasn't born in Gevgelija but his parents were. I suppose the question at this juncture is whether his parents chose to Hellenize themselves, were forced to Hellenize, or were Greeks from Gevgelija.

През май 1878 година Георги Баялцалиев и Ичо Доганов от името на Гевгелийската българска община подписват Мемоара на българските църковно-училищни общини в Македония, с който се иска присъединяване на Македония към новообразуващата се българска държава.[4]

През октомври 1880 година Гевгели е нападнат от гръцката чета на Панайотис Калогирос.[5]

След войната Екзархията полага усилия да се възстанови българското църковно-просветно дело в Гевгели. В 1882 година е изпратен за гевгелийски свещеник Тома Тошев, който е определен за учител в Мачуково, но поради закриване на училището се връща в Солун. В Гевгели той служи в новооткрития български параклис. През март 1882 година в Гевгели е избрана нова българска община с председател Тома Ташев, който е утвърден от Екзархията. Членове на общината са Георги Хаджиначков, Пане Дудаклиев, Тано Момков, Христо Дуган, Тано Стоянов, Георги Бутров, Христо Машков, Коста и Христо Стоянови. Общината иска от Екзархията още един свещеник и църковни книги.[6]

На 14 юли 1895 година Гоце Делчев основава комитет на ВМОРО в града.

Според статистиката на Васил Кънчов („Македония. Етнография и статистика“) в 1900 Гевгелий е малък градец с 3 000 жители българи, 650 турци, 175 черкези, 120 власи и 230 цигани.[7]
Гръцкият силогос „Приятели на бедните“ в Гевгели, 1904 година.

В конфесионално отношение Гевгели е разделен на българска екзархийска и патриаршистка част. По данни на секретаря на Българската екзархия Димитър Мишев („La Macédoine et sa Population Chrétienne“) в 1905 година в града има 1 840 българи екзархисти, 2 240 българи патриаршисти гъркомани, 80 българи патриаршисти сърбомани, 8 българи униати, 15 гърци, 72 власи, 30 албанци и 90 цигани. В града функционират две български и две гръцки училища - по едно основно и прогимназиално.[8]

При избухването на Балканската война в 1912 година 63 души от Гевгели се записват доброволци в Македоно-одринското опълчение.[9] Градът е освободен в средата на октомври от четите на Ичко Димитров, Михаил Радев и Георги Тодоров, които са част от Първа отделна партизанска рота на Македоно-одринското опълчение[10][11]. В града се установява военно-административна българска власт.

На 20 юни 1913 година, по време на Междусъюзническата война, Гевгели е обстрелван от гръцката армия, а 33-ма българи католици са отведени на заточение. Католическият свещеник Ван ден Пукхейд пише:
„ Когато този град падна в гръцки ръце, тамошното българско население и онова от Сеово избяга зад вардарския мост. Какво правят гърците? Стрелят с топове върху нещастните бежанци... всички младежи от 10 години нагоре били изклани[12].

Google translate:

In May 1878 George Bayaltsaliev Itcho Doganov and on behalf of the Bulgarian municipality Gevgeli sign Memoirs of the Bulgarian church and school communities in Macedonia, which seeks annexation of Macedonia to the newly formed Bulgarian state. [4]

In October 1880 Gevgeli is attacked by a band of Greek Panagiotis Kalogiros [5].

After the war Exarchate efforts to restore the Bulgarian church and educational work in Ghevgheli. In 1882 was sent to Thomas Toshev Gevgeli priest who is appointed as a teacher in Machukovo, but due to closure of the school returned to Thessaloniki. In Gevgeli he served in the new Bulgarian chapel. In March 1882 in Gevgeli was elected new Chairman of Bulgarian municipality Thomas Tashev, which was approved by the Exarchate. Members of the municipality George Hadzhinachkov, Panel Dudakliev, Tano Solomon, Hristo Dugan, Tano Stoyanov, Georgi Butrov, Hristo Mashkov, Costa and Hristo Stoyanov. The municipality wants Exarchate another priest and church books. [6]

On July 14, 1895 Gotse Delchev based Committee of IMRO in the city.

According to statistics Vasil Kanchov ("Macedonia. Ethnography and statistics") in 1900 Gevgeliy is a small town with 3000 inhabitants Bulgarians, 650 Turks, 175 Circassians, 120 and 230 Vlachs Gypsies. [7]
Greek silogos "Friends of the Poor" in Gevgeli, 1904.

In terms Confessional Gevgeli is divided into Bulgarian Exarchate and patriarshistka part. According to the secretary of the Bulgarian Exarchate Dimitar Mishev ("La Macédoine et sa Population Chrétienne") in 1905 the city has Exarchists 1840 Bulgarians, 2240 Bulgarians patriarchists Graecomans, 80 Bulgarians patriarchists Serbomans, 8 Uniates Bulgarians, 15 Greeks, 72 Vlachs , 30 Albanians and 90 Roma. In the city there are two Bulgarian and two Greek schools - one primary and lower secondary. [8]

At the outbreak of the Balkan War in 1912 63 people from Gevgeli volunteered in the Macedonian-Adrianople Volunteers
Corps. [9] The city was liberated in mid-October from the bands of Ichko Dimitrov, Mikhail Radev and Georgi Todorov, who are part of a separate guerrilla First Company of Macedonian-Adrianople volunteers [10] [11]. In the city establishing a Bulgarian military and administrative power.

On June 20, 1913, during the Balkan War, Gevgeli is attacked by the Greek army, and 33-th Bulgarian Catholics were led into exile. Catholic Priest Van den Pukheyd wrote:
"When this city fell into Greek hands there in the Bulgarian population and what Seovo escape from behind the Vardar bridge. What do the Greeks? Firing cannons on hapless refugees ... All youth 10 years old were slaughtered [12].

http://bg.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%93%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%B3%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B8

It seems the majority of the Bulgarophones in that city were Patriarchists, so the Hellenization was probably voluntary.

The other option is that this particular family were Greeks proper...