PDA

View Full Version : Do you support a separate Scottish Republic?

Vojnik
05-26-2012, 08:56 AM
Do you support a separate Scottish Republic?

Crn Volk
05-28-2012, 12:54 AM
I support the independence of Scotland, and the unification of Ireland.

Contra Mundum
05-28-2012, 12:59 AM
I voted yes, but not because I have any great affinity for Scotland. I just want Europe broken up as much as possible. I hope the same thing happens in America as well. I think we're better off with more localized rule to control immigration and what is taught in our schools.

Anthropologique
05-28-2012, 01:00 AM
If the Scots want it, yes.

ruthenia
06-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Scotland is just like "the guy" - no one in England really cares about them i've noticed.
The scots are having cold feet about it, i've seen recent polls.

Lumi
06-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Scotland is just like "the guy" - no one in England really cares about them i've noticed.
The scots are having cold feet about it, i've seen recent polls.

Would that be polls from the Daily Mail, by any chance?
Because most of the Scots I know want to go Independent.

Germanicus
06-01-2012, 02:42 PM

Indeed! I welcome Scotland gaining independance, it's about time it started paying it's way in the world, it has been like a kept woman since 1707

ruthenia
06-01-2012, 02:42 PM

Yes. but aren't most students and youngsters more in support of it anyway - that's what i heard?
but since old people are the only ones who ever bother to vote you'd better get used to having the union with britain maybe. :confused:

antonio
06-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Maybe a Kingdom of Scotland: i dont know why so frivolously Ancient Regime is ruled out when contemporany limitless Capitalism is showing us finally its really horrid face.

Angus
06-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Indeed! I welcome Scotland gaining independance, it's about time it started paying it's way in the world, it has been like a kept woman since 1707

Well, that's a refreshing change of pace. Usually the English who post in these sort of threads about Scotland are hostile toward the idea. :)

since old people are the only ones who ever bother to vote you'd better get used to having the union with britain maybe. :confused:

Source? Everyone I've talked to about it that's around my age plans to vote. They'd be fools not to.

Vojnik
06-01-2012, 02:51 PM
I don't think the Queen wants to loose Scotland, she wants to run that island.

ruthenia
06-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Source? Everyone I've talked to about it that's around my age plans to vote. They'd be fools not to.

my observation. scottish students are a load of left wing whiny pussies pretending they are communist when they dont know shit about it. most of them would be too high to vote or in gutter somewhere passed out smelling like brewery.

Midori
06-01-2012, 02:53 PM
They should stay a part of Great Britain IMO.

The Lawspeaker
06-01-2012, 02:55 PM
I support Scottish independence or at least the restoration of the pre-1707 situation (so the Union of the Crowns could be kept intact for the time being) so Scotland can prepare itself in all peace and quiet for full-blown independence. I am sure that England would also benefit from it as Scotland and England would no longer keep each other hostage and the English can then establish their own parliament as well.

Germanicus
06-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Well, that's a refreshing change of pace. Usually the English who post in these sort of threads about Scotland are hostile toward the idea.

Yes indeed i welcome Scottish home rule, as an Englishman i pay very high taxes to keep Scotland in comfort, it's about time the average Scot has a taste of reality like i do every week when i open my wage slip and pay my council tax and other utility bills.

ikki
06-01-2012, 03:00 PM
The Empire ought to have granted dominion status to Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland... moved their empres and court to India and turned the Indian cean into a inner sea.
An unbroken rail from capetown to singapore.. and a whole private ocean for the royal navy. And no doubt a highly fortified suez connecting with the rest of the world.

The empire would have endured, the elite gotten their taste fille with exoticisms and the dominions stayed unpolluted.
Im pretty sure usa and soviets would both have ended up as second-rates behind the empire too, with developed industries, infrastructure, resources, more coastline than anyone, a population exeeding 2 billion today and no shortage of cultural peculiarities.

Germanicus
06-01-2012, 03:01 PM
They should stay a part of Great Britain IMO.

Come and work over here in England, and find out how much Scotland is subsidised in benefits by the English, it would break your heart and spirit like it already done to mine.:mad

Graham
06-01-2012, 03:05 PM
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18401&stc=1&d=1325011492

Vojnik
06-01-2012, 03:06 PM
What are the differences genetically between the English and Scottish? If any at all.

Germanicus
06-01-2012, 03:08 PM
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18401&stc=1&d=1325011492

You don't think the British goverment will freely give you access to the Oil revenue do you?

Graham
06-01-2012, 03:08 PM
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=20299&stc=1&d=1329142283

Graham
06-01-2012, 03:09 PM
You don't think the British goverment will freely give you access to the Oil revenue do you?

That's called stealing where I come from and not very respectful.

Germanicus
06-01-2012, 03:10 PM
What are the differences genetically between the English and Scottish? If any at all.

The Scots are Irish Gaels, all the British Celts in Scotland and the border were pushed south into north Wales.

ruthenia
06-01-2012, 03:11 PM

like scots stole english empire no?

Germanicus
06-01-2012, 03:15 PM

How can it be called stealing? whilst Scotland is part of the union it was entitled to all the benefits, it surely cannot be sensible to let Scotland move the goalposts whenever it feels like it, come on, this is a grown up world?

Waidewut
06-01-2012, 03:16 PM
I haven't got an opinion on this, because I don't know exactly how different are the Scots and English in the ethno-cultural wise. And with ethno-cultural I mostly mean linguistics.

Graham
06-01-2012, 03:16 PM
March 2012
Unemployment
Scotland: 8.2%
UK: 8.2%

Public Sector employment
Scotland: 22.5%
UK: 20.4%

2010-11

OECD GDP per capita
Scotland $41,189
UK $35,715 (without scotland)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_OECD_countries_by_GDP_per_capita

current budget deficit:-
UK deficit, £97.8bln(6.6% GDP).
Scotland deficit £6.4bln(4.4% GDP)

net borrowing:-
Scotland, £10.7bln(7.4% GDP)
UK, £136.1bln(9.2% GDP)

The average Scot has a savings pot of £28,340, compared to the UK average of 23,208

ruthenia
06-01-2012, 03:18 PM
I support Scottish independence or at least the restoration of the pre-1707 situation (so the Union of the Crowns could be kept intact for the time being) so Scotland can prepare itself in all peace and quiet for full-blown independence. I am sure that England would also benefit from it as Scotland and England would no longer keep each hostage and the English can then establish their own parliament as well.

yeah, good old days when english reich was supreme over scottish vassal peasant fiefdom.

The Lawspeaker
06-01-2012, 03:19 PM
yeah, good old days when english reich was supreme over scottish vassal peasant fiefdom.

That's more like now. There could be a personal union between Scotland and England in the form of Lizzie and a customs and currency union but that's it.

A customs union or a currency union wouldn't even be necessary.

ruthenia
06-01-2012, 03:21 PM
OECD GDP per capita
Scotland $41,189
UK $35,715
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_OECD_countries_by_GDP_per_capita

did oecd only visit aberdeen now? how can a country with dump like glasgow be rich like celtic kitten was?

EvilScotsman
06-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Yes, but not one governed by the SNP, nor any of the current major political parties for that matter.

antonio
06-01-2012, 03:31 PM
How can it be called stealing? whilst Scotland is part of the union it was entitled to all the benefits, it surely cannot be sensible to let Scotland move the goalposts whenever it feels like it, come on, this is a grown up world?

Is there any relationship between the North Sea oil and Independence promotion or it is just about fair considerations on culture, ethnics,etc...? :coffee:

Graham
06-01-2012, 03:35 PM
did oecd only visit aberdeen now? how can a country with dump like glasgow be rich like celtic kitten was?
Edinburgh gives more to UK than any other city

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/scotland/edinburgh-gives-more-to-uk-than-any-other-city-1-2196358

Graham
06-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Is there any relationship between the North Sea oil and Independence promotion or it is just about fair considerations on culture, ethnics,etc...? :coffee:

Independence and home rule was slowly rising in 20th century, the finding of oil hastened it. So yes. In the 1970's SNP ran a phrase It's our oil.

Angus
06-01-2012, 04:15 PM
my observation. scottish students are a load of left wing whiny pussies pretending they are communist when they dont know shit about it. most of them would be too high to vote or in gutter somewhere passed out smelling like brewery.

Oh, so you've been to Scotland? Or have you just been reading the Daily Mail again? :rolleyes2:

Yes, those people exist, as do they in your country, but they don't represent the majority of us.

Graham
06-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Scottish left wing are found more in working class council estates or has family from such. Can't speak for scottish students as I'm not one.

Libertas
06-01-2012, 04:23 PM

Do you think Glasgow is THAT bad?:eek:

Graham
06-01-2012, 04:29 PM

Glasgow has picked up since devolution 1999. City Centre & West End are rather nice.

Hydro arena is coming along nicely too. Can't wait till it finished
http://i.imgur.com/6aSTNh.jpg

EvilScotsman
06-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Yes indeed i welcome Scottish home rule, as an Englishman i pay very high taxes to keep Scotland in comfort, it's about time the average Scot has a taste of reality like i do every week when i open my wage slip and pay my council tax and other utility bills.

Either you really are ignorant enough to believe that Scottish people are exempt from council tax and utility bills or you're trolling.

In any case, the Scottish "subsidy junky" myth is very easily debunked. Figures have consistently shown that the City of London receives a higher lever of public spending per head of population than Scotland - why don't they receive the same vitriol from the British media?

Angus
06-01-2012, 04:32 PM

Just yet another misinformed foreigner who thinks she knows what she's talking about because she's read a few Daily Mail stories and occasionally watches BBC programmes. :rolleyes2: :coffee:

Lithium
06-01-2012, 04:34 PM
I don't really know much about Scotland's politics but from what I have read many Scots seem to describe themselves as Germanic and more close to the Nordics than they really are. I don't mean to be offensive nor objective, this is just my observation. So if they want independancy in order to follow the Nordic countries in their "goals" then I support them.

Linet
06-01-2012, 04:36 PM
I support what Scottish people want for themselves... :)

Graham
06-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Daily Mail can be quite nasty at times towards Scottish culture in general. Same for the Welsh. But then it's a reactionary paper. So I understand why those posh upper class snots do it.

Angus
06-01-2012, 04:41 PM
many Scots seem to describe themselves as Germanic and more close to the Nordics than they really are. I don't mean to be offensive nor objective, this is just my observation.

Case by case basis. It's as simple as that.

Onur
06-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Yes i would support and i still cannot believe how come they remained under British domain for so long.

But i believe they should have first try to return to their roots, like for example reviving their own Scottish language and stop speaking English, the language of the invaders. They cannot truly become independent while still continuing to ignore their own culture in favor of English one.

Graham
06-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Yes i would support and i still cannot believe how come they remained under British domain for so long.

But i believe they should have first try to return to their roots, like for example reviving their own Scottish language and stop speaking English, the language of the invaders. They cannot truly become independent while still continuing to ignore their own culture in favor of English one.

Scotland always was multi lingual even before the Union. So Gaelic being the top language in highlands is ok, but not so much in the lowlands now.

ruthenia
06-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Oh, so you've been to Scotland? Or have you just been reading the Daily Mail again? :rolleyes2:

Yes, those people exist, as do they in your country, but they don't represent the majority of us.

no, i've been to scotland and attended college there for a year. Scottish students pretend theyre so worldy and where Che t-shirts and yet don't know anything about their so called causes.
they got drunk often and just thought college was a big laugh.

Just yet another misinformed foreigner who thinks she knows what she's talking about because she's read a few Daily Mail stories and occasionally watches BBC programmes. :rolleyes2: :coffee:

you're just making guesses instead of real arguments. i actually read news from a variety of websites by using this:

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Current+Affairs/Scotland

The mail is on there but its mostly other media.

Albion
06-01-2012, 06:00 PM
That's more like now.

Scotland - significant autonomy and a parliament which challenges the authority of Westminster.
England - no autonomy whatsoever, ruled as UK-lite.

Who's reich is it really? ;)

The Lawspeaker
06-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Scotland - significant autonomy and a parliament which challenges the authority of Westminster.
England - no autonomy whatsoever, ruled as UK-lite.

Who's reich is it really? ;)
Where is the government ? Who controls the pound ? Where is Liz ? Who controls the armed forces and foreign affairs ?

It's not Scotland.

Graham
06-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Where is the government ? Who controls the pound ? Where is Liz ? Who controls the armed forces and foreign affairs ?

It's not Scotland.

Pound -Bank of England, London, although we do get to print our own notes.
Queen- london, with a Scottish holiday home :D
Government - London,
Ministry of Defence Headquarters - London
Foreign and Commonwealth Office - London

But we do get our fair share of the vote, just none votes Conservatives like the north of England.

Albion
06-01-2012, 06:27 PM

It's not Scotland.

Doesn't matter, England still gets the rest of the UK meddling in its own affairs.

Pound -Bank of England, London, although we do get to print our own notes.

You know what I saw in the local chippy the other day? "No Scottish bank notes" - I'd have loved to have seen yourself walk in with a wallet full of Scottish notes. ;) Oh well, our banks don't discriminate so you can change them for the real deal there. :D

The Lawspeaker
06-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Doesn't matter, England still gets the rest of the UK meddling in its own affairs.

England pretty much controls the rest of the UK so England is meddling in it's own affairs as well as the ones of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Albion
06-01-2012, 06:45 PM
England pretty much controls the rest of the UK so England is meddling in it's own affairs as well as the ones of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

The parliament at Westminster has representatives from all four nations.
Scotland, NI and Wales have their own devolved parliaments / assemblies with significant powers over some selected devolved matters. Only they can set policy on these matters and these matters are quite far-reaching.
England has no devolved parliament but is instead governed directly by Westminster. That means that MPs from Scotland, Wales and NI are free to influence policies which will apply only to England (read: West Lothian Question). There have been some cases of hypocrisy with Scottish and Welsh MP's supporting something in Wales and then voting against it for England - well who the hell are they to even be voting on our matters?
The horrible devolution arrangement has in effect made the UK a federacy with Scotland and NI having more autonomous powers than Wales and Wales having more than England.
Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish MP's shouldn't be allowed to vote on English-only matters. For English matters they should be treated as foreigners because they are already represented by their own governments and if they don't permanently reside in England then they cannot claim to be so much as a resident.

Personally I'd like to see more direct democracy Swiss-style with referendums on sensitive issues. England isn't something for Celtic nations politicians to mess about with and fuck up. Compare the situation to Flanders and Wallonia - we the larger entity being directed by smaller entities.

SKYNET
06-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Everyone has the right to freedom.
Sir William Wallace (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wallace)

Graham
06-01-2012, 08:48 PM
You know what I saw in the local chippy the other day? "No Scottish bank notes" - I'd have loved to have seen yourself walk in with a wallet full of Scottish notes. ;) Oh well, our banks don't discriminate so you can change them for the real deal there. :D
:mad::D
gx-a5rYIAOM

Lumi
06-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Yes. but aren't most students and youngsters more in support of it anyway - that's what i heard?
but since old people are the only ones who ever bother to vote you'd better get used to having the union with britain maybe. :confused:

Actually, you're wrong.
The majority of people who vote are the younger generation. And also, a lot of the older generation DO want Independence.

Germanicus
06-01-2012, 09:11 PM
The average Scot has a savings pot of £28,340, compared to the UK average of 23,208

where the hell did you get this crap from? i can see the average wee Jimmy from Glasgow having a £28,340 as pure bollocks.

Germanicus
06-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Actually, you're wrong.
The majority of people who vote are the younger generation. And also, a lot of the older generation DO want Independence.

Rubbish! my wifes uncles and Aunts in Alloa inform her they are terrified if the SNP get control of finances, they fear the bills will rise accordingly.:coffee:

Germanicus
06-01-2012, 09:19 PM

As a continental you have no idea at all of the Scottish problem; yes the English tax payer props up Scotland, Ireland, and Wales.
They forget it is us that pays the tax...when the Scots get independance i can assure you when the scots have 5 years of SNP rule they will want to once again hide under the financial umbrella of the Union once again!

Graham
06-01-2012, 09:25 PM
where the hell did you get this crap from? i can see the average wee Jimmy from Glasgow having a £28,340 as pure bollocks.

Well I live in council estate on little money, and have already saved up 20 grand. So guessing it's possible. :D

That stat comes direct from HSBC btw.

http://www.scotsman.com/business/scots-outscore-uk-average-for-savings-levels-1-1496853

Scottish savers are outstripping the UK average and are more likely to have money in stocks and shares, research out today shows.

The average Scot has a savings pot of 28,340, compared to a UK average of 23,208 and second in size only to the savings built up by Londoners. Scots are also the most likely to have their money spread across different assets, according to the first HSBC Savings Map of Britain, published today.

Almost half of Scottish savings are held in a traditional deposit account, with 38 per cent in stocks and shares, 4 per cent in bonds and another 9 per cent in offset savings.

In contrast, the typical UK saver has 55 per cent in a deposit account, 32 per cent in equities, 9 per cent in bonds and the rest in an offset account. Scots are saving an average of 240 a month, equivalent to 7 per cent of total income and compared with a UK average of 232.

Albion
06-01-2012, 11:01 PM
:mad::D
gx-a5rYIAOM

Lol, some Scot hiding behind the fruit waiting for that moment :D

Graham
06-01-2012, 11:12 PM
:D:D:D
Sorry for the amount of videos. It kind of fucks my laptop. But anyway. Fuck ye's!! funny enough to post.

2YQIA_FEe3o

Germanicus
06-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Well I live in council estate on little money, and have already saved up 20 grand. So guessing it's possible. :D

It is a grand life living on benefits, milk it while it last's my boy!

Graham
06-02-2012, 04:10 PM
It is a grand life living on benefits, milk it while it last's my boy!

When you say benefits, you mean still living with parents. Yes, mortgages are dear. Save for the future. :P

Lumi
06-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Rubbish! my wifes uncles and Aunts in Alloa inform her they are terrified if the SNP get control of finances, they fear the bills will rise accordingly.:coffee:

In Sweden, taxes are high.
Why? So they can look after the country. And you know what? It works.

Ah Germanicus, ye who have little faith in the Scots. Trust me, we can look after ourselves.

Albion
06-02-2012, 08:38 PM

Ah Germanicus, ye who have little faith in the Scots. Trust me, we can look after ourselves.

I think Sweden is a bit too socialist :p, somewhere in between Sweden and the UK would be better. Perhaps the Netherlands or Germany represent the sort of thing we should aim for?

Anyway, I may be playing on stereotypes a bit here but what would the apparently tight-fisted Scots think about higher taxes?
I think there's a bit of a mentality difference between England and Scotland, I think the English are more small-government, libertarian leaning - always moaning about taxes yet they are lower than much of Western Europe.
Scotland on the other hand seems to be more socialist and I've never seen many Scots banging on about taxes and the welfare state the way people in England do. It would be interesting to see how the two did apart - would Scotland become some Scandinavian welfare utopia and what about England? Would it ever get smaller government?

EvilScotsman
06-02-2012, 09:14 PM
I think Sweden is a bit too socialist :p, somewhere in between Sweden and the UK would be better. Perhaps the Netherlands or Germany represent the sort of thing we should aim for?

Anyway, I may be playing on stereotypes a bit here but what would the apparently tight-fisted Scots think about higher taxes?
I think there's a bit of a mentality difference between England and Scotland, I think the English are more small-government, libertarian leaning - always moaning about taxes yet they are lower than much of Western Europe.
Scotland on the other hand seems to be more socialist and I've never seen many Scots banging on about taxes and the welfare state the way people in England do. It would be interesting to see how the two did apart - would Scotland become some Scandinavian welfare utopia and what about England? Would it ever get smaller government?

Well, the conventional wisdom among social/political commentators seems to be that the Scots are predominantly much more 'socially democratic' and left-leaning than the English, or at least than those who live in the south-east. The dissolution of the Union would most likely result in successive tory majorities, as the Labour party has relied heavily on its considerable support north of the border in order to win elections.

If Scotland does become 'independent' then my fear is that it will open the floodgates for (particularly non-European) immigration. I'm not opposed to independence in itself, but only if a socially conservative, racially conscious and anti-immigration party were to govern, and the SNP is none of those.

Graham
06-02-2012, 09:39 PM

East Scotland/borders/highlands aren't really that socialistic in nature, apart from in some areas. West Scotland is more old Labour. It's day and night between Edinburgh & Glasgow. 27% of all children are brought up in private(fee-paying schools) schools in Edinburgh to begin with.

In the Uk has pushed Scotland more left labour.

Graham
06-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Would also like point out economically Council of Economic Advisers has a strong influence on the SNP currently. The Brain's behind our economy.

The Council of Economic Advisers (CEA) is a group of economists and captains of industry who advise the Scottish Government:

Crawford Beveridge (Chair) - Former Executive Vice President and Chairman of Sun Microsystems in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. From 1991 to 2000, Crawford Beveridge served as Chief Executive of Scottish Enterprise. He brings a wealth of international business experience.
-------
Professor Anne Glover - For the past five years Prof Glover has worked to further enhance Scotland's reputation as a science nation in her role as Chief Scientific Adviser for Scotland. Professor Glover holds a Personal Chair of Molecular and Cell Biology at the University of Aberdeen, and has honorary positions at the Rowett and Macaulay Institutes. She is an elected Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, a member of the Natural Environment Research Council, and a Fellow of the American Academy of Microbiology.
----------
Professor Andrew Hughes Hallett - Professor of Economics and Public Policy at George Mason University in the US and visiting Professor of Economics at the University of St Andrews. He specialises in international economic policy and has acted as a consultant for the World Bank, the IMF, the Federal Reserve Board, the UN, the OECD, the European Commission and central banks around the world.
------------
Jim McColl - Chairman and Chief Executive of Clyde Blowers - a company transformed under his leadership into a portfolio of global engineering companies. He also serves as Chairman of the Welfare to Work Forum which has seen 15,000 Scots enter employment.
--------------
Professor Sir James Mirrlees - Professor Emeritus at Cambridge University and distinguished professor-at-large at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Sir James was awarded the Nobel Prize for his work on economic models and equations about situations where information is asymmetrical or incomplete.
-------------
Professor Louise Richardson - Political scientist Prof Richardson is Principal and Vice-Chancellor at St Andrews. Richardson served as Assistant and then Associate Professor in the Harvard Government Department, teaching courses on international relations. Professor Richardson currently serves on the advisory board for a number of institutions in the UK, Ireland, and the US, all furthering our understanding of the humanities, political violence, and human rights.
--------------
Professor Frances Ruane - Director of Ireland's Economic and Social Research Institute previously an Associate Professor of Economics at Trinity College, Dublin. She is widely published in the area of international economic and industrial development.
--------------
Professor Joseph Stiglitz - Nobel Prize winning economist Prof Stiglitz was a member of the US Council of Economic Advisers from 1993-95, during the Clinton administration, and served as CEA chairman from 1995-97. He then became Chief Economist and Senior Vice-President of the World Bank from 1997-2000. In 2009 he was appointed by the President of the United Nations General Assembly as chair of the Commission of Experts on Reform of the International Financial and Monetary System, which also released its report in September 2009.
-----------------
Lady Susan Rice - Managing Director, Lloyds Banking Group Scotland. Formerly Chairman and Chief Executive, Lloyds TSB Scotland plc. Senior Independent Director, Scottish and Southern Energy and non-executive director of the Bank of England, Big Society Capital and Scotland's Futures Forum. Chairs the Edinburgh International Book Festival, Edinburgh Festivals Forum, NGS Patrons and Finance Group on Climate Change. Member, Oxford's Said Business School's Advisory Council. Also Chairs the ground-breaking Professional Standards Board for bankers.

Padre Organtino
06-03-2012, 11:32 AM
It's highly ironic that Ruthenia being part Ukranian herself posts bullshit about Scotts and their dependance upon England.
Anyway, I'm pro their independance since it can be easily achieved without any sort of ethnic cleansing or warfare.

Germanicus
06-03-2012, 11:53 AM

Ok... i really really want Scottish independance, i hope it happens.:thumbs up

Jedthehumanoid
06-03-2012, 01:03 PM
I can't wait for Scottish independence and wish Mr Salmond the very best of luck in phasing the question in whichever way he feels fit. Hopefully the Welsh can get their act together at the same time. It's not because I dislike the Scots or the Welsh but only through independence will we see the bitterness disappear and we can all start to have a grown up relationship.

I couldn't possibly hate Scotland, the country which produced SAHB, Fish and the world's greatest ever group, Belle and Sebastian:wink

Graham
06-03-2012, 01:44 PM
I

I couldn't possibly hate Scotland, the country which produced Fish

We did invent all fish btw, be grateful for that everyone.

Graham
06-03-2012, 01:46 PM
zaJPOVGlEPs

Leliana
06-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Yay Scots, go for it! :thumbs

PetiteParisienne
06-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Yes. They already have a different legal system. :)

Albion
06-03-2012, 04:26 PM
It's highly ironic that Ruthenia being part Ukranian herself posts bullshit about Scotts and their dependance upon England.
Anyway, I'm pro their independance since it can be easily achieved without any sort of ethnic cleansing or warfare.

What are you getting at? Ukraine being Russia's lackey?

Jedthehumanoid
06-03-2012, 07:48 PM
zaJPOVGlEPs

Thank you, I understand now how you've come to be so well informed:D

Gratis
06-03-2012, 07:57 PM
I support pretty much any nation state that wishes to govern itself.

Graham
06-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Thank you, I understand now how you've come to be so well informed:D

It's kind of our little Scotlander.:D

Jedthehumanoid
06-03-2012, 08:49 PM
It's kind of our little Scotlander.:D

Oh fuck, am I that transparent;)