PDA

View Full Version : Greek journalist confronting Macedonian Eurovision contestant Kaliopi

Vojnik
05-28-2012, 07:28 AM
Watch how this dirty Greek journalist confronts the Macedonian singer Kaliopi over how she said "Macedonia" in a press conference after the semi-final which she performed in at this years Eurovision.

8g3a0HMb6E8

And well done Kaliopi in brain fu*#ing that loser. His nation is close to collapsing and he is their provoking a Macedonian singer.

Vojnik
05-28-2012, 07:37 AM
It is cool how she handled her self, In a happy manner. That Pontic Turk journalist would of been suprised. Although, I would of also been happy if she spat right on his ugly face.

Macedonia is Macedonia, it belongs to the Macedonians, not to the Hellenized Pontic Turks.

Rastko
05-28-2012, 07:41 AM
Sakam te FYROM.

:D

Vojnik
05-28-2012, 07:48 AM
Greeks, get ready to wet your pants again after her performance when she screams out "Makedonijo, te sakam" (Macedonia, i love you.) :thumb001:

MSuCdNEy9w0

Queen B
05-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Watch how this dirty Greek journalist confronts the Macedonian singer Kaliopi over how she said "Macedonia" in a press conference after the semi-final which she performed in at this years Eurovision.

8g3a0HMb6E8

And well done Kaliopi in brain fu*#ing that loser. His nation is close to collapsing and he is their provoking a Macedonian singer.

She is a provocating bitch.
When her country ACCEPTS and enters the competition with that name, she should fucking respect it, and act accordingly.

But this bitch with the GREEK name, don't know what respect means.

If she was proud enough, she and her shithole country shouldn't have accepted to enter Eurovision with that name. Since she did, she should behave, but respect is an unknown word to Kalliopi and the rest of Serbo-Bulgarians.

It is cool how she handled her self, In a happy manner. That Pontic Turk journalist would of been suprised. Although, I would of also been happy if she spat right on his ugly face.

Macedonia is Macedonia, it belongs to the Macedonians, not to the Hellenized Pontic Turks.

Macedonia belongs to Greece not to the Bulgaro-Serbians

Vojnik
05-28-2012, 10:45 AM
When her country ACCEPTS and enters the competition with that name, she should fucking respect it, and act accordingly.

What, do you expect her to say 'fyrom'? you are really dumb if you think that will happen. She did not provoke anyone. It was that hairy Greek that approached her that did the provoking. This is a music event not Nato or the EU where we have to take it up the ass. But like always, the Greeks turn it into a political agenda.

But this bitch with the GREEK name, don't know what respect means.

Respect for who? for the oppressors? who in their right mind will respect their oppressor?

If she was proud enough, she and her shithole country shouldn't have accepted to enter Eurovision with that name. Since she did, she should behave, but respect is an unknown word to Kalliopi and the rest of Serbo-Bulgarians.

She is proud, she used the real name of the country, Macedonia. entering with that disgusting acronyn did'nt stop us from calling ourselves Macedonian and our country as Macedonia in press conferences and interviews. ;)

Macedonia belongs to Greece not to the Bulgaro-Serbians

Aegean Macedonia belongs to Greece since 1912, but before that it was never apart of 'Greece'.

Methmatician
05-28-2012, 10:51 AM

It was a song. Do you expect her to fit Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia or FYROM into a song? Do you think the song You can still rock in America should be changed to You can still rock in the United States of America or You can still rock in the USA? That'd sound stupid. You can't spell Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia without Macedonia.

Queen B
05-28-2012, 11:01 AM
What, do you expect her to say 'fyrom'? you are really dumb if you think that will happen. She did not provoke anyone. It was that hairy Greek that approached her that did the provoking. This is a music event not Nato or the EU where we have to take it up the ass. But like always, the Greeks turn it into a political agenda.

It seems that its important enough for you, to accept to enter in it, with a name that you don't like.

Political agenda? WHO'S TALKING!

Go and look ALL the voting videos. Of every single country. Count how many times each presenter says the name of their country, and how many times YOUR presenter says ''Macedonia''.

Then come and tell me the result if you dare and tell me WHO, and officially turned that to political agenda.

She is proud, she used the real name of the country, Macedonia. entering with that disgusting acronyn did'nt stop us from calling ourselves Macedonian and our country as Macedonia in press conferences and interviews. ;)

A proud Vlach with a Greek name :rotfl:

Aegean Macedonia belongs to Greece since 1912, but before that it was never apart of 'Greece'.
Check a history book dear. Won't harm your eyes, I promise ;)

Linet
05-28-2012, 11:06 AM
oh Dardelion....so Caliope is a Greek name? Oh and Fyromians use it like their own? Oh what a ...NOT... surprice...

Vojnik
05-28-2012, 11:08 AM
It seems that its important enough for you, to accept to enter in it, with a name that you don't like.

Political agenda? WHO'S TALKING!

Go and look ALL the voting videos. Of every single country. Count how many times each presenter says the name of their country, and how many times YOUR presenter says ''Macedonia''.

Then come and tell me the result if you dare and tell me WHO, and officially turned that to political agenda.

So, what's it to you how many times the Macedonian presenter said the name Macedonia.

A proud Vlach with a Greek name :rotfl:

She is half Macedonian, half Vlach. You are probably a full Vlach.

Queen B
05-28-2012, 11:11 AM
So, what's it to you how many times the Macedonian presenter said the name Macedonia.
Did you count how many times she said it and how many times the other presenters did?

She is half Macedonian, half Vlach. You are probably a full Vlach.
No, unfortunately for you, I am Greek. My maternal grand-grandmother came from Sicily, so I have some Sicilian roots as well.

Dacul
05-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Balkanic nations :( .
If you want to make an average of arguing between forums members,think 1st place is albanians vs serbians,2nd greeks vs macedonians etc.
Greece and Macedonia-FYROM instead of being concerned to educate their population to not be so corrupt and so on they are more concerned about the name of Macedonia - FYROM.
Like the fact you are descendant of Alexander Macedon and his macedonians changes the lame situation of your nation.

Linet
05-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Well actually being Vlach is far better than to be from a pack of people with no origin, like Fyrom and try to steal others history...

Queen B
05-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Well actually being Vlach is far better than to be from a pack of people with no origin, like Fyrom and try to steal others history...
True.

Vojnik
05-28-2012, 11:29 AM

If by "fyrom" you mean the Republic of Macedonia then no, my ancestors don't originate from there personally. All my ancestors originate from Aegean Macedonia. How are we a pack of people with no origin? we are Macedonians that originate from the entire region of Macedonia.

El Gre
05-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Yeah you love Greece allright, you have a pure Greek name (and not a church or saint name at that) This name is of ancient origin.
Its sad that some of the Vlachs of FYROM have become rabid macedonoids. Must be taking after that pig Pitu Guli.
They seem to produce good singers though, wasnt that Tose character a Vlach as well.

Please change your name to Snezana or Gordanka and stop tarnishing such a beautiful name like Kaliopi.

All my ancestors originate from Aegean Macedonia.

What you meant to say was that all your ancestors originate from a few villages near Florina.

Vojnik
05-29-2012, 09:30 AM
What you meant to say was that all your ancestors originate from a few villages near Florina.

No, one half of my family left Aegean Macedonia during the Ottoman times and the 40's. And the other half remained in today's Northern Greece, where they were forced to learn Greek (still hanging on to the mother tongue, Macedonian), were given Greek names, became Greek Orthodox. I still have many relatives that live in Aegean Macedonia, young cousins that sadly only speak Greek now.

That is Hellenisation for you, it took only one generation for Macedonians, Turks, Albanians and Vlachs to become Greek, all that was required was that they learnt Greek and became Greek Orthodox.

morski
05-29-2012, 09:43 AM
Yeah you love Greece allright, you have a pure Greek name (and not a church or saint name at that) This name is of ancient origin.
Its sad that some of the Vlachs of FYROM have become rabid macedonoids. Must be taking after that pig Pitu Guli.
They seem to produce good singers though, wasnt that Tose character a Vlach as well.

Please change your name to Snezana or Gordanka and stop tarnishing such a beautiful name like Kaliopi.

Pitu Guli(and his sons especially) was an outstanding Bulgarian(meaning he was part of our nation(political entity), I'm aware he was ethnically a Vlach) patriot, actually.

Born to a poor family, he demonstrated an independent and rebellious nature early in life. He left his home in Macedonia at the age of 17 in search of wealth in the Bulgarian capital, Sofia. In 1885, he returned to Macedonia, formed a rebel squad and joined other elements of the revolutionary movement against the Ottoman Empire.

Upon his return to Macedonia, Pitu was sentenced to eight years imprisonment, seven years of which were spent in the prison in Trabzon, Turkey. In 1895, he again returned to Kruševo and became a member of IMRO. From this time on, he was fully committed to the independence of Macedonia from Turkish rule. In 1902, he once again traveled to Bulgaria where he met with Toma Davidov. On his return to Macedonia, he was injured at the border and was forced to turn back.

Pitu Guli and his squad in 1903. Source: Bulgarian Archives State Agency

In March 1903, he began commanding a revolutionary squad, crossing the Bulgarian-Ottoman border heading for Kruševo. From April to August 1903, he trained and prepared his troops for the upcoming Ilinden Uprising.

Pitu Guli is father of Tashko Gulev (Shula Guli), who died in 1918 as soldier of Bulgarian Macedonian-Adrianopolitan Volunteer Corps and of the revolutionary of IMRO Nikola Gulev (Lakia Guli), one of closest people to Todor Alexandrov, killed by Serbian police in 1924.[2] Pitu Guli is also a father of Steryo Gulev, reportedly shot himself after Bulgarian withdrawal in 1944, upon the arrival of Tito's partisans in Krushevo in despair over what he saw as a second period of Serbian dominance in Macedonia.

Yx8SWJ3d0pw

Vasconcelos
05-29-2012, 09:47 AM
What's the point of this thread, other than starting another flamewar against Greeks? I'm supprised moderations still pulls up with shit like this. If I were in charge I'd kick you so hard you'd land in Hiroshima.

Amarantine
05-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Journalist provoke her. but I think both of them just play the game (you know-publicity).

Queen B
05-29-2012, 12:05 PM
What's the point of this thread, other than starting another flamewar against Greeks? I'm supprised moderations still pulls up with shit like this. If I were in charge I'd kick you so hard you'd land in Hiroshima.
Its a pure idiotic thread, that only humiliates them.
I asked from them to tell me how many times their spokerperson of voting did mentioned on purpose the word ''Macedonia'', and how many times the rest of the presenters mentioned their country's name, and noone answers.

Vojnik
05-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Its a pure idiotic thread, that only humiliates them.
I asked from them to tell me how many times their spokerperson of voting did mentioned on purpose the word ''Macedonia'', and how many times the rest of the presenters mentioned their country's name, and noone answers.

How many times did you ask us? I counted about twice only lol. I did not answer the first time because I thought it was a pointless question that means nothing. We can say our name how much times we want. But because you insist, the Macedonian presenter said "Macedonia" 4 times, what's the big deal? After it was over, the Azerbaijani host said "thank you Macedonia", maybe your journalists should go after him and harass him for saying "Macedonia".

Queen B
05-29-2012, 12:38 PM
How many times did you ask us? I counted about twice only lol. I did not answer the first time because I thought it was a pointless question that means nothing. We can say our name how much times we want. But because you insist, the Macedonian presenter said "Macedonia" 4 times, what's the big deal? After it was over, the Azerbaijani host said "thank you Macedonia", maybe your journalists should go after him and harass him for saying "Macedonia".

In a 3-paged thread, 2 times are enough.:wink

Its not pointless, when its YOU (plural) that talk about provocation and .. political agenta, when in fact, its YOU that you are provoking. It was mentioned 4 times. No other country mentioned their country's (so-called) name so many times.

Vojnik
05-29-2012, 12:46 PM
In a 3-paged thread, 2 times are enough.:wink

Its not pointless, when its YOU (plural) that talk about provocation and .. political agenta, when in fact, its YOU that you are provoking. It was mentioned 4 times. No other country mentioned their country's (so-called) name so many times.

You really need to get out more. :coffee:

Queen B
05-29-2012, 12:55 PM
You really need to get out more. :coffee:
Typica answer when you have nothing to argue about. Its okay :coffee:

Btw, who said this?

The one that started this thread :lol:
The one about Ioannidis :lol:

:rotfl:

Crn Volk
05-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Typica answer when you have nothing to argue about. Its okay :coffee:

Btw, who said this?

The one that started this thread :lol:
The one about Ioannidis :lol:

:rotfl:

He said She said...this is just boring....greeks need to worry more about the state of greece

MegaArgus1
05-30-2012, 03:02 AM
when said firom it is meant SR Macedonia up to 1992 after that is R Macedonia which is present

Queen B
05-30-2012, 09:16 AM
He said She said...this is just boring....greeks need to worry more about the state of greece
Thread creator : Not a Greek

Γέλως
05-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Well, Fyromians try to propagate the name "Macedonia" at every chance but I think the Greek journalist is being an idiot indeed.

dralos
05-30-2012, 06:19 PM
shame on this brainwashed bulgarian for calling herself macedonian,macedonia is not slavobulgaro

Crn Volk
05-31-2012, 12:29 AM
shame on this brainwashed bulgarian for calling herself macedonian,macedonia is not slavobulgaro

shame on you turk for thinking you're illyrian....shame :coffee:

Linet
05-31-2012, 08:21 AM
shame on you turk for thinking you're illyrian....shame :coffee:

Darling...because you dont have strong roots and your ancestors create nothing and remained peasants since they came to the Balkans :cool: ... that doesnt apply to the rest of the nations around... sorry :rolleyes2:

morski
06-02-2012, 01:00 PM
And what's wrong with being a humble peasant, making an honest living?! It's certainly better than an Ottoman colaborator, i.e. two-faced moneygrubbing Phanariot or a savage mountain thug... :rolleyes:

Vojnik
06-02-2012, 01:22 PM
And what's wrong with being a humble peasant, making an honest living?! It's certainly better than an Ottoman colaborator, i.e. two-faced moneygrubbing Phanariot or a savage mountain thug... :rolleyes:

Very true. Our people may have been poor but we were peaceful people that struggled through the Ottoman rule.

Here are Greeks colaborating with Ottoman Turks
http://i50.tinypic.com/35ja0hy.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/24npfef.jpg

Greek Orthodox priest blessing the Ottoman cannons before they fired onto Slavic Macedonian villages:
http://i47.tinypic.com/25u48av.jpg

Vojnik
06-02-2012, 01:23 PM
morski, lets just face it, us 'Slavic invaders' will always be inferior to the modern Greeks, well at least in their eyes.

Linet
06-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Fyromians yes, Bulgiarians No... The latter are true to themselves when you dream of a glorious past that doesnt belong to you. I respect the nation that is proud for what it is and not the one that try to impose like something that is not.
Morski i respect the peasants but not those who try to pretent that they are of royal blood.

I dont know where you find those photos, but to say that Greeks were friendly with the Turks is at last ridiculus so i wont even try to prove you wrong.
The all Turkish friendly even here are the Fyromians, hoping from some petting and help against Greece from Turkey. When you stop licking them try to remember that they used to master you some time ago and if you have some decency stop the begging.

Vojnik
06-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Fyromians yes, Bulgiarians No... The latter are true to themselves when you dream of a glorious past that doesnt belong to you. I respect the nation that is proud for what it is and not the one that try to impose like something that is not.
Morski i respect the peasants but not those who try to pretent that they are of royal blood.

We are true to ourselves, we are proud of our glorious past, both the Slavic and Ancient past. Who is trying to impose something?

I dont know where you find those photos, but to say that Greeks were friendly with the Turks is at last ridiculus so i wont even try to prove you wrong.

Well the photos are their to see.
And here are some more...

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/grekoman_struggler3.jpg

Karvangelis the devil priest posing with Ottoman Turks.
http://www.macedoniantruth.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/karavangelis_turk.jpg

The all Turkish friendly even here are the Fyromians, hoping from some petting and help against Greece from Turkey. When you stop licking them try to remember that they used to master you some time ago and if you have some decency stop the begging.

Linet, we are in the 21st century now, wake up, there is no point holding grudges against people today, for what happened in the past. It must be that mind set that is causing Greece to go so far under economically. Macedonia and Turkey have a great friendship now with great respect for one another

morski
06-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Macedonia and Turkey have a great friendship now with great respect for one another

I hate to break it to you, mate, but in foreign relations there's no friendship:

Regarding this aspect of international relations, Lord Palmerston said:
“ Therefore I say that it is a narrow policy to suppose that this country or that is to be marked out as the eternal ally or the perpetual enemy of England. We have no eternal allies, and we have no perpetual enemies. Our interests are eternal and perpetual, and those interests it is our duty to follow.[24] ”

This is often paraphrased as: "Nations have no permanent friends and no permanent enemies. Only permanent interests."

;)

RoyBatty
06-03-2012, 01:10 PM
We are true to ourselves, we are proud of our glorious past, both the Slavic and Ancient past. Who is trying to impose something?

And there is the crux of the FYROM Identity Crisis delusion and confusion.

You're a mini-nation without an identity who then have to resort to inventing and borrowing other ones to create a new mismash and expect the rest of us to believe it. :D

Vojnik
06-03-2012, 01:14 PM
I hate to break it to you, mate, but in foreign relations there's no friendship:

;)

Well yes that is true, Macedonia and Turkey have 'permanent interests' between one another. Linet insinuated in cutting off communication with Turkey on the grounds of what happened in the distant past. That I believe is backward and a wrong state of mind to have in this day and age.

Vojnik
06-03-2012, 01:24 PM

You're a mini-nation without an identity who then have to resort to inventing and borrowing other ones to create a new mismash and expect the rest of us to believe it. :D

What identity crisis? We have a uniqueness as a people which presents itself in our language, culture and traditions. And what have we borrowed? please show me evidence of this 'borrowing' and 'inventing' from other identities? Today we are unique as a people and we call ourselves Macedonians, we have no identity crisis.

RoyBatty
06-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Unique in the sense that it's a uniquely mystifying mishmash of different things.

Language - Slavic.
Alphabet - Cyrillic / Bulgarian
DNA - Slavic and god knows what.
National Hero - obviously not Slavic.
National Eurovision singer - confused Greek.

All this and more unified under an arbitrary "Macedonian" banner + the expected territorial demands on anything "Macedonia" (meaning Northern Greece) referenced.

It's a strange exercise in Nation Building.

Vojnik
06-03-2012, 01:52 PM
RoyBatty, you don't know shit mate.

Midori
06-03-2012, 01:53 PM

Our alphabet isn't Bulgarian

RoyBatty
06-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Our alphabet isn't Bulgarian

Sure, but it's fairly close, the same with Serbian, Russian.
In other words, it's closer to those than it would be to Latin or Greek ones.

Vojnik
06-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Language - Slavic. Yes

Alphabet - Cyrillic / Bulgarian No it is different.

DNA - Slavic and god knows what. Slavic and Paleo Balkanic.

National Hero - obviously not Slavic. We have many national heroes.

National Eurovision singer - confused Greek. She is half Macedonian and half Aormanian (Vlach). Her name is supposedly Greek in origin.

You're a strange individual.

Midori
06-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Sure, but it's fairly close, the same with Serbian, Russian.
In other words, it's closer to those than it would be to Latin or Greek ones.

We may be Slavs, but that doesn't make us Bulgarians or Serbs. We are an ethnicity of our own.

Vojnik
06-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Exactly what LonShadow said, We may have similarities with Serbs and Bulgarians but we have our own uniqueness.

Midori
06-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Exactly what LonShadow said, We may have similarities with Serbs and Bulgarians but we have our own uniqueness.

We are genetically very similar to Greeks and Albanians too and they aren't Slavs :coffee:

Nurzat
06-03-2012, 02:05 PM
macedonia is macedonia, greece is greece :) macedonians have more to do with bulgarians so bulgaria would be more entitled to say it's their territory (which is only up to the people of macedonia to decide). so the territory in northern greece called macedonia should not make greece think that the slavic speaking people of macedonia is greek or their territory... greeks are just delusional on this matter. and the girl is right, all those pontic greeks are only hellenized turks

and greeks should think also to this: northern greece was all arumanian / koutshovlahoi until almost a century ago, so in any case the arumanians would be more entitled to fight with shqiptars and makedons for the territory (although they won't, because each has its region and its villages, there's no need to think of the region in a holistic nationalistic way)

RoyBatty
06-03-2012, 02:09 PM
so the territory in northern greece called macedonia should not make greece think that the slavic speaking people of macedonia is greek or their territory...

Afaik there are no Greek ambitions on FYROM, it's rather that the Greeks are nervous about future territorial claims against Northern Greece.

Nurzat
06-03-2012, 02:10 PM
and flash news : greeks have gone so far as not to recognize ANY ethnic group officially so greece has 100% greeks. i wonder how many turks, gypsies, albanians, arumanians, macedonians, bulgarians would result from a democratic census...

although they're mostly hellenized now... names and everything

morski
06-03-2012, 02:11 PM
We may be Slavs, but that doesn't make us Bulgarians or Serbs. We are an ethnicity of our own.

Said the ethnic mish-mash... :rolleyes::D:thumb001:

Nurzat
06-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Afaik there are no Greek ambitions on FYROM, it's rather that the Greeks are nervous about future territorial claims against Northern Greece.

they make too much fuss over the name... hungary has lost transylvania (mostly hungarian at the time) and what is now southern slovakia (also mostly inhabited by hungarians back then), poland has lost what is now western ukraine, romania has lost all its eastern and northern moldova... populations have been displaced / replaced mostly and people got over it... greeks should too (greeks are actually lucky to have all those territories which weren't inhabited by greeks 100 years ago). they should have other things on their minds than fighting a midget nation (in the good sense)

Midori
06-03-2012, 02:16 PM

We've been a mish-mash for so long we've become an ethnicity.

Vojnik
06-03-2012, 02:19 PM

We have all mish-mashed together in the Balkans to a certain degree, Macedonians aren't the only ones. Whoever claims to be ethnically pure is insane.

Nurzat
06-03-2012, 02:21 PM

indeed, nations are composed of sometimes really diverse regions with diverse habits and all. macedonia being so little, more of a region than a country, is much much homogeneous than greece and macedonians of different origins can rally much more efficiently to become a very unitary nation than greeks :P although greeks are not a populous nation either

morski
06-03-2012, 02:25 PM

I meant you as a person, not the people of Macedonia. A Macedono-Hungaro-Serbo-Vlach cannot be an ethnic Macedonian, now, can he? Yugoslav suits you best.:thumb001:

Midori
06-03-2012, 02:29 PM
I meant you as a person, not the people of Macedonia. A Macedono-Hungaro-Serbo-Vlach cannot be an ethnic Macedonian, now, can he? Yugoslav suits you best.:thumb001:

Most Macedonians in the North have Serbian ancestry anyway. And Vlach is spread all across the country.

morski
06-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Most Macedonians in the North have Serbian ancestry anyway. And Vlach is spread all across the country.

The Serbian colonization of Vardar Macedonia was a brutish endeavour indeed.

Nurzat
06-03-2012, 02:34 PM

mușato, zburășci armăneașce? (мушато, збуращ арманяще?) :D

morski
06-03-2012, 02:35 PM

More probably prica srpski...

Vojnik
06-03-2012, 02:38 PM
The Serbian colonization of Vardar Macedonia was a brutish endeavour indeed.

What regions did Serbs colonize?

Midori
06-03-2012, 02:43 PM
More probably prica srpski...

I only speak English and Macedonian :coffee:

Vojnik
06-03-2012, 02:44 PM
LoneShadow, how much percent Macedonian would you be?

morski
06-03-2012, 02:47 PM
What regions did Serbs colonize?

Pretty much the whole of it in the urban centers during the Southern Banovina period in the kingdom of SCS/Yugoslavia and it continued in a subtler way in Socialist Yugoslavia. You can read more about it in Henri Pozzi's Black Hand Over Europe. Forced marriages between local women and Serb officials were not uncommon back then. So the presence of a lot of Yugo mischlings in Macedonia is no surprise.

Onur
06-03-2012, 03:49 PM
;)
Yes this is generally correct but you know we balkanites including Turks cannot play politics as good as Brits and other western peoples. We are emotional people and we act by our emotions so there can be friendship between our relationship just as there is hate among some of us.

If we would be as rational people as Brits then there shouldn't have been hateful relations among us either because hate is also an emotion as well as friendship.

And who are you to say this? You don't even speak the language of original bulgars today and you dare to talk about being ethnic hotchpotch to someone else?

We all are ethnic mish-mash here and no one is mixed more than others. Everyone is same.

Hurrem sultana
06-03-2012, 03:51 PM
what a jerk,if i was her i would say "first learn how to speak proper English mr journalist" and then i would make a fool out of him by singing and saying i love him :D

just accept it no one says "fyrom" in daily language it is MACEDONIA

morski
06-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Yes this is generally correct but you know we balkanites including Turks cannot play politics as good as Brits and other western peoples. We are emotional people and we act by our emotions so there can be friendship between our relationship just as there is hate among some of us.

If we would be as rational people as Brits then there shouldn't have been hateful relations among us either because hate is also an emotion as well as friendship.

And who are you to say this? You don't even speak the language of original bulgars today and you dare to talk about being ethnic hotchpotch to someone else?

We all are ethnic mish-mash here and no one is mixed more than others. Everyone is same.

She is self-admitedly a recent mixture of 4 different ethnicities. That's all I was implying... Otherwise I agree with what you wrote.

Nurzat
06-03-2012, 03:55 PM
that swarthy journalist is probably a cypriot with no balkanic ancestry whatsoever

Midori
06-03-2012, 03:55 PM
LoneShadow, how much percent Macedonian would you be?

Idk, about 1/3?

just accept it no one says "fyrom" in daily language it is MACEDONIA

Greeks say it :D And me sometimes as a joke :p

Queen B
06-03-2012, 07:48 PM

How can you deny their 21 years old past :rotfl:

Unique in the sense that it's a uniquely mystifying mishmash of different things.

Language - Slavic.
DNA - Slavic and god knows what.
National Hero - obviously not Slavic.
National Eurovision singer - confused Greek.

All this and more unified under an arbitrary "Macedonian" banner + the expected territorial demands on anything "Macedonia" (meaning Northern Greece) referenced.

Heroes - Greeks/Bulgarians/Albanians
History - Greek/Bulgarian/Serbian

We have many national heroes.
Yeah, the Bulgarian Goce Delcev, The Greek Alexander and the Albanian Mother Therese.

She is half Macedonian and half Aormanian (Vlach). Her name is supposedly Greek in origin.
Supposedly?
What is Kalliope?

macedonia is macedonia, greece is greece :) macedonians have more to do with bulgarians so bulgaria would be more entitled to say it's their territory (which is only up to the people of macedonia to decide). so the territory in northern greece called macedonia should not make greece think that the slavic speaking people of macedonia is greek or their territory... greeks are just delusional on this matter. and the girl is right, all those pontic greeks are only hellenized turks

Greeks are delusional? No Atrox, you are ignorant.

and flash news : greeks have gone so far as not to recognize ANY ethnic group officially so greece has 100% greeks. i wonder how many turks, gypsies, albanians, arumanians, macedonians, bulgarians would result from a democratic census...

Greeks have gone so far that a religious minority -as agreed by TURKEY and Greeks with the treaty of Lausanne- and enjoys the benefits of an ETHNIC minority.
Greeks have gone so far that THEY ASKED Vlachs and Arvanites to be a minority and they rejected that.

although they're mostly hellenized now... names and everything[/QUOTE]
Go to Thrace. You'll see many ''Mehmet''. Clearly hellinized name :coffee:

Crn Volk
06-04-2012, 01:35 AM

Well the photos are their to see.
And here are some more...

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/grekoman_struggler3.jpg

Karvangelis the devil priest posing with Ottoman Turks.
http://www.macedoniantruth.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/karavangelis_turk.jpg

Linet, we are in the 21st century now, wake up, there is no point holding grudges against people today, for what happened in the past. It must be that mind set that is causing Greece to go so far under economically. Macedonia and Turkey have a great friendship now with great respect for one another

Ouch! Those photo's are damning....

Crn Volk
06-04-2012, 01:38 AM

Mishmash? But aren't the English a mish-mash of Celt, Norman and Germanic stock? what's good for the goose....

Onur
06-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Mishmash? But aren't the English a mish-mash of Celt, Norman and Germanic stock? what's good for the goose....
Also, when the hotchpotch of English people has been created? About 3-4 centuries after the ones in Balkans, in 11-12th century.

Even so, when today`s English language has been created? not earlier than 12-13th century, after Normans thought them French words and expressions.

It`s funny that someone who has this recent background calling someone as "mish-mash" :)

Linet
06-04-2012, 11:14 AM
She is half Macedonian and half Aormanian (Vlach). Her name is supposedly Greek in origin.

Oh supposedly? :lightbul:
Then please do us the favor and enlight us about the origin of this name... Please do....:coffee:

and greeks should think also to this: northern greece was all arumanian / koutshovlahoi until almost a century ago, so in any case the arumanians would be more entitled to fight with shqiptars and makedons for the territory (although they won't, because each has its region and its villages, there's no need to think of the region in a holistic nationalistic way)

blue : Gosh, do you even know what are you talking about? We have no interest of them. Unless to do what they do, since they give us the chance by trying to claim our name, and try to claim their land as ours... we dont freaking care. Greeks only want their father lands, what belongs to us through history. Who has flags with the sign of another nation? Who has maps with another nations territory in it? Us? No... they do. If it was any other big country in our place and a hole of a place like Fyrom was doing that to them they would grab the chance to attack them the very next day to claim the land (isnt that what they want anyway? To unite with our territory? why not give it to them)... they are just too lucky its us next to them and we dont care for their insignificat existance.

red: Yeah pontic Greeks are Chinese that always loved the Greek civilisation and by themselves one day dicided to change their name. So? What do you care about it and why you even mention it here? Is taht the topic?
That alone shows your hate and your passion to just accuse standing on no base little man.

RoyBatty
06-04-2012, 04:48 PM

Yes? But the English aren't some 20 year old exercise in Nationbuilding.

It`s funny that someone who has this recent background calling someone as "mish-mash"

It's even funnier that you don't even perform a basic scan of people's profiles yet make funny assumptions about their ethnicity. :rolleyes2:

Onur
06-04-2012, 05:35 PM
It's even funnier that you don't even perform a basic scan of people's profiles yet make funny assumptions about their ethnicity. :rolleyes2:
What? It says that you are a baboon from Londonistan :D

RoyBatty
06-04-2012, 05:48 PM
What? It says that you are a baboon from Londonistan :D

It says AFRICAN BABOON ;)

Location Londonistan :thumb001:

(I stowed away on the banana boat)

Crn Volk
06-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Yes? But the English aren't some 20 year old exercise in Nationbuilding.

Actually the Socialist Republic of Macedonia was formed in 1944...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socialist_Republic_of_Macedonia