PDA

View Full Version : BBC News uses 'Iraq photo to illustrate Syrian massacre'

The Lawspeaker
05-29-2012, 09:25 PM
BBC News uses 'Iraq photo to illustrate Syrian massacre'

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02231/Not_houla_but_Iraq_2231672c.jpg
The photograph was actually taken by Marco di Lauro in Iraq in 2003.

Photographer Marco di Lauro said he nearly “fell off his chair” when he saw the image being used, and said he was “astonished” at the failure of the corporation to check their sources.

The picture, which was actually taken on March 27, 2003, shows a young Iraqi child jumping over dozens of white body bags containing skeletons found in a desert south of Baghdad.

It was posted on the BBC news website today under the heading “Syria massacre in Houla condemned as outrage grows”.

The caption states the photograph was provided by an activist and cannot be independently verified, but says it is “believed to show the bodies of children in Houla awaiting burial”.

A BBC spokesman said the image has now been taken down.

Mr di Lauro, who works for Getty Images picture agency and has been published by newspapers across the US and Europe, said: “I went home at 3am and I opened the BBC page which had a front page story about what happened in Syria and I almost felt off from my chair.

“One of my pictures from Iraq was used by the BBC web site as a front page illustration claiming that those were the bodies of yesterday's massacre in Syria and that the picture was sent by an activist.

“Instead the picture was taken by me and it's on my web site, on the feature section regarding a story I did In Iraq during the war called Iraq, the aftermath of Saddam.

“What I am really astonished by is that a news organization like the BBC doesn't check the sources and it's willing to publish any picture sent it by anyone: activist, citizen journalist or whatever. That's all.

He added he was less concerned about an apology or the use of image without consent, adding: “What is amazing it's that a news organization has a picture proving a massacre that happened yesterday in Syria and instead it's a picture that was taken in 2003 of a totally different massacre.

“Someone is using someone else's picture for propaganda on purpose.”

A spokesman for the BBC said: “We were aware of this image being widely circulated on the internet in the early hours of this morning following the most recent atrocities in Syria.

“We used it with a clear disclaimer saying it could not be independently verified.

“Efforts were made overnight to track down the original source of the image and when it was established the picture was inaccurate we removed it immediately.”

Source: The Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/9293620/BBC-News-uses-Iraq-photo-to-illustrate-Syrian-massacre.html) (27 May 2012)

Breedingvariety
05-30-2012, 03:47 AM
Interesting... What do you make of it?

Contra Mundum
05-30-2012, 04:13 AM
Not surprising at all. Powerful people who control the media want Assad overthrown. Pictures like that are used to manipulate public opinion to support a new war.

AussieScott
05-30-2012, 04:21 AM
Propaganda that failed due to one of the minions honesty?

Quorra
05-30-2012, 04:24 AM
Propaganda that failed due to one of the minions honesty?

Or their ineptness/laziness. Maybe someone cut a corner.

Riki
05-30-2012, 04:27 AM
Well.Don't think its a big problem.
From one picture to other,the only thing that changes are the white bag's.

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvMlNpgDAcnBXEL5671bfyeii9vZ35F ofCX8nuw4sa7fx9gMQ7Qw

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRM4sj5jprQN2dtEaRIlnFH_76lzc0jI UxVmTCPIM7FzrOxm_Wn

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkuQVC9VvxLRw4HSuCEvKLhhq9ZJTJt FRB05aocC7aFvyxyA2YAw

Children with their throat cut open.Fucking animals.

Aces High
05-30-2012, 06:23 AM
WMD's that were never found......War against terror........BBC reporting that tower three fell even before it did.......holocaust fake pictures.

If the sheeple want to be spoon fed shit.....then let them eat it up.

Siberyak
05-30-2012, 06:31 AM
WMD's that were never found......War against terror........BBC reporting that tower three fell even before it did.......holocaust fake pictures.

If the sheeple want to be spoon fed shit.....then let them eat it up.

Worst of all there are still many people in the USA who think Saddam was directly responsible for the 9/11 attacks. How can anyone in their right mind believe that the war in Iraq was all about bringing peace and democracy like George Bush said.

Aces High
05-30-2012, 06:36 AM
Worst of all there are still many people in the USA who think Saddam was directly responsible for the 9/11 attacks.

Spoon feed the sheeple a diet of jew controlled media from the day they are born on the 42" widescreen electronic jew in their living rooms and when they are older the fuckers will believe anything.

Its not just the US...its everywhere.

Quorra
05-30-2012, 06:38 AM
Worst of all there are still many people in the USA who think Saddam was directly responsible for the 9/11 attacks. How can anyone in their right mind believe that the war in Iraq was all about bringing peace and democracy like George Bush said.

and more importantly, how do they not have a television?

Quorra
05-30-2012, 06:39 AM
Spoon feed the sheeple a diet of jew controlled media from the day they are born on the 42" widescreen electronic jew in their living rooms and when they are older the fuckers will believe anything.

I made my last post before this post was available to me.

Siberyak
05-30-2012, 06:40 AM

Like the slogan "operation Iraqi Freedom"

Tor-mentor
05-30-2012, 08:27 AM
Most of it is all faked. False propaganda.

the Syrian free(fake) army uses all kinds of photographs, from Iraq, turkey, Hell even pictures and movieclips from the Mexican drugwars, all to claim for their very own.. Fucking clowns!

http://www.bestgore.com/?s=syrian+fake+army&submit=Search

90% of the clips/pics are all acted, staged, stolen material.

Onur
05-30-2012, 08:43 AM
This means that the propaganda war about "weapons of mass destruction" was successful.

I just hope that the new propaganda war about Iran`s nuclear arsenal fails.

Like the slogan "operation Iraqi Freedom"
That slogan costed more than million lives of Iraqi civilians.

Contra Mundum
05-30-2012, 09:39 AM

LOL@ "42" widescreen electronic jew"...that was made in China.:p

Contra Mundum
05-30-2012, 09:44 AM
This means that the propaganda war about "weapons of mass destruction" was successful.

I just hope that the new propaganda war about Iran`s nuclear arsenal fails.

That slogan costed more than million lives of Iraqi civilians.

A million is a bit of an exaggeration.

Unfortunately, the anti-Iran propaganda is working in America. Four years ago the overwhelming majority of Americans opposed a war with Iran, now 60% of them support it after 4 years of non-stop propaganda from the Jewish media claiming that Iran is a direct threat to us.

Aces High
05-30-2012, 09:55 AM
4 years of non-stop propaganda from the Jewish media claiming that Iran is a direct threat to us.

It wouldnt be so bad if they came up with something new....the thing is they are just rolling out the same shit they used against Iraq...but just changing the Q for an N.
Probably due to spending cuts.

"Attack imminent"....."Weapons of mass destruction" ......."Nuclear strike"......:coffee:

Siberyak
05-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Sadly many naive young adults have been sent to there deaths over this. They are simply told to go fight the bad guys. When the real bad guys are sitting on wall street and in the white house.

Onur
05-30-2012, 10:57 AM
A million is a bit of an exaggeration.
Nope, the death toll of Iraqi people has been passed over a million since 2003.

Unfortunately, the anti-Iran propaganda is working in America. Four years ago the overwhelming majority of Americans opposed a war with Iran, now 60% of them support it after 4 years of non-stop propaganda from the Jewish media claiming that Iran is a direct threat to us.
I wonder when Americans will start to realize not to believe everything told to them on tvs?

Supreme American
05-30-2012, 11:38 AM
Interesting... What do you make of it?

Propaganda.

I don't know it comes from a government necessarily, but whoever did it is terribly sloppy.

What bothers me is how the MSM are ignoring to a man that places the Syrian government has shelled like Homs has a population of Islamist militants large enough that they were able to drive 90% of that town's Christians out. This information never made it to the MSM. There are other towns where similar has likewise happened and we aren't hearing about this. All we hear is that Syria is "shelling civilians" and "pro-Democracy demonstrators."

There is clearly an attempt of some sort to get rid of Assad, I'm just not sure who all is involved in it. In countries where there is Islamist activity, I always prefer secular dictators. Syria itself is ruled by a secular dictator, although he works with Iran and Hizballah in some manner.

Supreme American
05-30-2012, 11:40 AM

I'd like to see where you got that figure from. That country only has some 16 million people.

Onur
05-30-2012, 11:49 AM
I'd like to see where you got that figure from. That country only has some 16 million people.

According to the survey done in 2006, the death toll was over 650.000. It should have been over a million by now because even in one suicide bomb attack, more than 60 Iraqis dies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancet_surveys_of_Iraq_War_casualties

Supreme American
05-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Most of it is all faked. False propaganda.

the Syrian free(fake) army uses all kinds of photographs, from Iraq, turkey, Hell even pictures and movieclips from the Mexican drugwars, all to claim for their very own.. Fucking clowns!

http://www.bestgore.com/?s=syrian+fake+army&submit=Search

90% of the clips/pics are all acted, staged, stolen material.

What I see are claims with no sources behind them on that page.

Supreme American
05-30-2012, 11:57 AM
According to the survey done in 2006, the death toll was over 650.000. It should have been over a million by now because even in one suicide bomb attack, more than 60 Iraqis dies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancet_surveys_of_Iraq_War_casualties

The Lancet surveys are controversial because their mortality figures are higher than most other reports, including those of the Iraqi Health Ministry and the United Nations, as well as other household surveys such as the Iraq Living Conditions Survey and the Iraq Family Health Survey. The 2007 ORB survey of Iraq War casualties estimated more deaths than the Lancet due to the interval between surveys but is otherwise consistent with the Lancet findings.[5] Out of all the Iraqi casualty surveys so far, only the Lancet surveys and the Iraq Family Health Survey were peer-reviewed. The Lancet surveys have triggered criticism and disbelief from some journalists, governments, the Iraq Body Count project, some epidemiologists and statisticians and others, but have also been supported by some journalists, governments, epidemiologists and statisticians.[6]

Sounds like a higher figure than most. For years they were/are circulating leftist-originated figures claiming 1 million had already died by the late 1990s from the war and sanctions. This million seems to keep shifting around or something. This reminds me of how they reduced the death count at Auschwitz from 4 million to 1 million, yet the 6 million figure remains.

Contra Mundum
05-31-2012, 02:56 PM

I wonder when Americans will start to realize not to believe everything told to them on tvs?

The figure is said to be closer to 160,000, and that includes people who have died from all violence, even criminal cases. I'm not totally dismissing the possibility the number could be higher though.

The American invasion in 2003 was unjust and driven mainly by Israel, but the deaths before that were well over one million, because of Saddam Hussein's reckless decisions. Invading Iran, invading Kuwait, then the brutal crackdowns internally. Also the unjust decisions by the US and the UN.

More Iraqis died from the UN embargo of the 1990s following the first gulf war, than died during the American invasion and occupation since 2003. As many as 600,000 died from lack of food and medicine in the 1990s.

FbIX1CP9qr4

Madeline Kikebright lobbied hard for an invasion of Iraq in 1998. She also advised Senator Hillary Clinton to vote giving Bush authority to invade Iraq, now the bitch gets a Medal of Freedom Award.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1086375!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/image.jpg

She's done a lot more evil shit, but I'd need to start a new thread about it.

Contra Mundum
05-31-2012, 03:04 PM
The Lancet surveys are controversial because their mortality figures are higher than most other reports, including those of the Iraqi Health Ministry and the United Nations, as well as other household surveys such as the Iraq Living Conditions Survey and the Iraq Family Health Survey. The 2007 ORB survey of Iraq War casualties estimated more deaths than the Lancet due to the interval between surveys but is otherwise consistent with the Lancet findings.[5] Out of all the Iraqi casualty surveys so far, only the Lancet surveys and the Iraq Family Health Survey were peer-reviewed. The Lancet surveys have triggered criticism and disbelief from some journalists, governments, the Iraq Body Count project, some epidemiologists and statisticians and others, but have also been supported by some journalists, governments, epidemiologists and statisticians.[6]

Sounds like a higher figure than most. For years they were/are circulating leftist-originated figures claiming 1 million had already died by the late 1990s from the war and sanctions. This million seems to keep shifting around or something. This reminds me of how they reduced the death count at Auschwitz from 4 million to 1 million, yet the 6 million figure remains.

That is true. A million has a much bigger propaganda impact than one hundred or two hundred thousand, but still, a lot of Iraqis died.
The American media said 500,000 Iraqi children died in the 1990s from the embargo against Iraq. Remember, this was a pro-Clinton media with no reason to exaggerate the numbers.