PDA

View Full Version : Commissioner warns against racism in jobs row

microrobert
05-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Commissioner warns against racism in jobs row

Race Discrimination Commissioner Helen Szoke has warned against allowing a visa deal for international workers to be caught up in xenophobia and racism.

"Let's not encourage people to start becoming anti-immigrant, anti-migrant-worker, on the back of this other debate, which is more complex," Dr Szoke said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-31/discrimination-commissioner-warns-on-racism-in-ema-row/4045140?section=business

AussieScott
06-01-2012, 03:43 AM
Bloody cheap politician and corporations.

The Lawspeaker
06-01-2012, 03:45 AM
Bloody cheap politician and corporations.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/545306_f520.jpg

Corporations need cheap slave labour foreign which they can pit against more expensive local labour and the politicians will, of course, provide for them.

Contra Mundum
06-01-2012, 03:50 AM
Race discrimination minister=Anti-white minister

The Lawspeaker
06-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Race discrimination minister=Anti-white minister

More Pro-Foreign Slave Labour And More Bribes minister.

Contra Mundum
06-01-2012, 03:53 AM
I'm so sick of people yelling racism and racist all the time. They should be punched in the face and given a year in prison.

Siberyak
06-01-2012, 03:58 AM
I'm so sick of people yelling racism and racist all the time. They should be punched in the face and given a year in prison.

tell that to the coons who constantly bring it up.

Sikeliot
06-01-2012, 05:07 AM

By making every situation "racist", people are belittling the situations where racism actually DOES exist and is harmful. Not everything all the time is racist, and people nowadays walk on eggshells and choose their words so carefully so as to not come off as racist.

Contra Mundum
06-01-2012, 05:17 AM
By making every situation "racist", people are belittling the situations where racism actually DOES exist and is harmful. Not everything all the time is racist, and people nowadays walk on eggshells and choose their words so carefully so as to not come off as racist.

The only people who are tolerant are whites and Christians. Yet those are the people being chastised for racism and bigotry. There isn't much tolerance outside of Western countries.

Sikeliot
06-01-2012, 05:18 AM
The only people who are tolerant are whites and Christians. There isn't much tolerance outside of Western countries.

Which leads me to wonder why whites feel the need to be so tolerant of people who are likely to dislike them and react in a hostile manner toward them. Granted, I try to be tolerant because I believe everyone is worthy of respect and chances, not because anyone told me I had to be.. but at the same time I recognize that most of the world is NOT tolerant.

Contra Mundum
06-01-2012, 05:20 AM
A Christian is free to convert to Islam in the West, but if a Muslim converts to Christianity in the Muslim world, they could be executed.

PeacefulCaribbeanDutch
06-01-2012, 05:34 AM
there is nothing wrong with trying to employ your nations citizens over foreigners

A Christian is free to convert to Islam in the West, but if a Muslim converts to Christianity in the Muslim world, they could be executed.

by who the muslims or the christians

Contra Mundum
06-01-2012, 05:43 AM
by who the muslims or the christians

:confused:

microrobert
07-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Consultation report released by Race Discrimination Commissioner

Race Discrimination Commissioner Dr Helen Szoke will reveal the nation’s strategy to combat racism on 24 August 2012 in Melbourne.

The National Anti-Racism Partnership, led by Dr Szoke, will deliver a comprehensive strategy that has been directly shaped by the views of Australians from all parts of the country, to prevent and respond to racism.

Dr Szoke said “The development of this Strategy was informed by what people have told us about how racism impacts the community and their thoughts on the best approaches for preventing and responding to racism.”

http://www.investinaustralia.com/news/consultation-report-released-race-discrimination-commissioner-12c3