PDA

View Full Version : Why You Should NEVER Eat Vegetable Oil or Margarine!

Quorra
06-02-2012, 06:06 AM
, vegetable oil was practically non-existent in its current form in the early 1900s. Until that time, most people got their fats from animal sources like meat, tallow, lard, butter, cream, etc.

Our Bodies Aren’t Meant to Consume Them!

The human body is about 97% saturated and monounsaturated fat, with only 3 % Polyunsaturated fats. Half of that three percent is Omega-3 fats, and that balance needs to be there. Vegetable oils contain very high levels of polyunsaturated fats, and these oils have replaced many of the saturated fats in our diets since the 1950s.

The body needs fats for rebuilding cells and hormone production, but it has to use the building blocks we give it. When we give it a high concentration of polyunsaturated fats instead of the ratios it needs, it has no choice but to incorporate these fats into our cells during cell repair and creation.

The problem is that polyunsaturated fats are highly unstable and oxidize easily in the body (if they haven’t already oxidized during processing or by light exposure while sitting on the grocery store shelf). These oxidized fats cause inflammation and mutation in cells.

In arterial cells, these mutations cause inflammation that can clog arteries. When these fats are incorporated into skin cells, their mutation causes skin cancer. (This is why people often get the most dangerous forms of skin cancer in places where they are never exposed to the sun, but that is a topic for another day!)

When these oils are incorporated into cells in reproductive tissue, some evidence suggests that this can spur problems like endometriosis and PCOS. In short, the body is made up of saturated and monounsaturated fats, and it needs these for optimal health.

http://wellnessmama.com/2193/why-you-should-never-eat-vegetable-oil-or-margarine/

Leliana
06-02-2012, 12:08 PM
That's great because we use butter and frying fat all the time and not magarine or vegatable oil. :cool:

Vixen
06-02-2012, 12:18 PM
We use mostly butter and olive oil at home.

Quorra
06-02-2012, 02:56 PM
We use mostly butter and olive oil at home.

lol. Olive oil is vegetable oil:p

Vixen
06-02-2012, 02:57 PM
lol. Olive oil is vegetable oil:p
I never said it wasn´t :)
But it´s not really that unhealthy.

morski
06-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Olive oil for the win! Deutsche Markenbutter is a close second. :)

Quorra
06-02-2012, 03:06 PM
I never said it wasn´t :)
But it´s not really unhealthy.

It's extremely unhealthy as it is not food, as the article tells us.:p

As a cow should not eat corn instead of grass, we should not eat olive oil instead of animal fat.

Vixen
06-02-2012, 03:15 PM
It's extremely unhealthy as it is not food, as the article tells us.:p

As a cow should not eat corn instead of grass, we should not eat olive oil instead of animal fat.

Well, there have also been numerous studies done on the health benefits of olive oil. I think olive oil is better suited for certain types of cuisine, for example those of southern Europe... it is very hard to imagine southern European cuisine without olive oil.

Quorra
06-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Well, there have also been numerous studies done on the health benefits of olive oil. I think olive oil is better suited for certain types of cuisine, for example those of southern Europe... it is very hard to imagine southern European cuisine without olive oil.

The benefits of olive oil over other types of vegetable oil.

Olive oil/vegetable oil causes your cells to mutate.

It's not food. We haven't evolved to eat it. I know you won't change your habit and I'm not expecting you to but why stop others from learning the truth just because it doesn't suit you?

Vixen
06-02-2012, 03:24 PM
The benefits of olive oil over other types of vegetable oil.

Olive oil/vegetable oil causes your cells to mutate.

It's not food. We haven't evolved to eat it. I know you won't change your habit and I'm not expecting you to but why stop others from learning the truth just because it doesn't suit you?

I´m not stopping anyone, I just said that I like using olive oil sometimes, with certain types of food. Everyone is free to use whatever oil/fat suits them best.
I always use butter instead of margarine, for example... but it´s hard to imagine a traditional Portuguese codfish dish being made without olive oil.

leisitox
06-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Another article that says that I cannot eat something again...
I can process water, I can drink it or theres an article that says that not?

Quorra
06-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Another article that says that I cannot eat something again...
I can process water, I can drink it or theres an article that says that not?

It's an article telling you that you can eat something you've been previously told not to.:)

Animal fat:thumbs up

morski
06-02-2012, 03:36 PM
I pity the poor sods who need articles telling them what to eat... :D

jerney
06-02-2012, 03:37 PM
The next article will say how amazing vegetable oil is for your health I'm sure. Then the one after that how it gives you cancer. :rolleyes:

Quorra
06-02-2012, 03:41 PM
This article is kind of the anti to all of that sort of thing. It's letting you know all those articles are BS.

But I can see a pattern developing here so I'll leave it alone and you can all go back to your health "enriching" olive oil.:p

PetiteParisienne
06-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Olive oil is really the only acceptable vegetable oil, and then only in moderation. There are benefits to consuming it sparingly.

Onur
06-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Olive oil is the most healthiest type of oil ever and it`s been produced for about 8-10k years in Aegean Anatolia.

If you wanna have a healthy life and live longer, then learn our mediterranean diet.

morski
06-02-2012, 04:00 PM
So should I base the dressing of my salad on lard or butter, mm?:D