PDA

View Full Version : Which traits or characteristics would you want/not want to pass on to your children

jerney
06-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Since you can't actually control these things, it's still fun to imagine. :D

I would hope that my future children wouldn't inherit

My fine, limp northern hair
My fivehead (though I'd prefer a fivehead to a low, woggish hairline).
I've never really liked my nose, so let's scratch that one off the list too
My crooked teeth that took years of braces to fix

I do hope that if I ever have a daughter (or even son) that have

My high cheekbones
My blue eyes
My light brown hair
If I have a daughter I wouldn't mind if she got my petite frame, but I don't particularly want a son that grows up to be scrawny and short :D
An outgoing, assertive personality, which the opposite of my childhood personality as I was very shy and introverted.

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I'll have more to add later.

Rastko
06-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Son-everything.

Daughter-nothing.

Sikeliot
06-02-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm not having children, but if I did;

Traits to pass down;

- I have thick hair and not much history of baldness in the family.
- Lips
- Eyes
- My outspoken, blunt personality

Traits not to pass down;

- Unibrow
- Height (I am so short, that may be why I am mistaken for much younger)
- Nose
- Hairy body.

jerney
06-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Aren't you a bit young to have already decided you're not ever having kids?

Sikeliot
06-02-2012, 03:30 PM

I most likely would not have the time to raise kids, if I achieve my career goals.

Vasconcelos
06-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Traits not to pass down

Teeth - too large for my oral cavity, and have thus given me a hard time until I had bracers. I had to remove one lower incisive tooth to make all others be perfectly lined up. Top ones still aren't as lined up as I'd like and, ironically, one incisive is too small. I had one extra canine tooth that was removed, the remaining ones are pretty pointy.
Lips - too meaty for my personal taste, although slightly less would be just aobut perfect.
Bodyhair - not that I have much, but I still don't like it. I might get lucky here, my gf's family is pretty hairless, her brother's "beard" is as almost as dense as Graham's.
Sense of justice - I'm usually regarded as being relatively unbiased (except with certain types of people, in which case I clearly discriminate and thus get the "racista" or "preconceituoso" label) and to be fair, even if I judge people too much (ISTJ).

Traits to pass down;

Forehead - not too tall, not too short and very straight (at least in the middle).
Nose - almost perfectly straight.
Hands - thin with very long fingers, they have a 23 or 24cm span, eventhough I'm just 1,74m tall.
Legs - people always say they look "nice". They are also pretty strong, in highschool I was the fastest on my class and undisputably the one who could jump higher/longer in all classes. Teachers said I should have been an athlete, but I discarded the idea.

Vixen
06-02-2012, 04:16 PM
If I have a daughter I wouldn't mind if she got my petite frame, but I don't particularly want a son that grows up to be scrawny and short :D
An outgoing, assertive personality, which the opposite of my childhood personality as I was very shy and introverted.

Ditto :thumb001:
Iīm also not a fan of my big nose, nonexistent upper lip and curly hair, but I like my eyes, cheekbones and skin.

Siegfried
06-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Traits they should have:

My eye colour
My height (and possibly robustness)
My cheekbones and jaw
My attached earlobe

Traits they shouldn't:

My non-aquiline nose
My eyebrows
My chinky eyes:D

Flintlocke
06-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Son: My uber big ... u know

Daugher: Like my mother, married a virgin and stayed loyal and married despite the problems.

Graham
06-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Wouldn't want to pass on my big goofy teeth & slight lazy eye.

jerney
06-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Ditto :thumb001:
Iīm also not a fan of my big nose, nonexistent upper lip and curly hair, but I like my eyes, cheekbones and skin.

Do you straighten it every day or do you have one of those Brazilian hair straightening things? I agree on the no upper lip thing, I also hate that, especially because my bottom lip is a decent size. And I don't think your nose is big at all and I'm not just saying that to try to flatter you or anything!

Damião de Góis
06-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Eye color, otherwise i wouldn't feel they were my children :D

Balmung
06-02-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm stubborn?

Don't want a stubborn child. Two stubborn personalities together can cause.......issues :lol:

jerney
06-02-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm stubborn?

Don't want a stubborn child. Two stubborn personalities together can cause.......issues :lol:

Oh yeah, didn't think about that one.. :2headsalt:

Osprey
06-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Since you can't actually control these things, it's still fun to imagine. :D

I would hope that my future children wouldn't inherit

My fine, limp northern hair
My fivehead (though I'd prefer a fivehead to a low, woggish hairline).
I've never really liked my nose, so let's scratch that one off the list too
My crooked teeth that took years of braces to fix

My high cheekbones
My blue eyes
My light brown hair

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I'll have more to add later.

If you were so concerned about blue eyes then you would have married a German.

Vixen
06-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Do you straighten it every day or do you have one of those Brazilian hair straightening things? I agree on the no upper lip thing, I also hate that, especially because my bottom lip is a decent size. And I don't think your nose is big at all and I'm not just saying that to try to flatter you or anything!

I used to wash, blow out and flat iron every other day... or every 2 days, when itīs colder (my hair is very thick and tends to get dry if I wash it every day). I now have a botox treatment, which is like a Brazilian straightening, but without formaldehyde (I couldnīt bring myself to put that stuff in my hair). It didnīt make my hair completely straight, but it reduced the volume and eliminated the frizz. Iīve also had Yuko (Japanese staightening, makes your hair totally straight and itīs permanent, so only the new hair that grows in is curly) but that was a few years ago.

Siginulfo
06-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Blue eyes, dolychocephaly (son), skin fairness. Love for the knowledge and for anthropology. Pride for their race and people.

Svipdag
06-02-2012, 04:50 PM
I never had any children, and aren't they lucky ! If I had had a child, I would want him/her to inherit my intelligence, my sense of humor, my honesty and my insatiable curiosity.

Not to be inherited would be my temper, my arrogance, my mistrustfulness , and my propensity for scathing sarcasm.

The only physical trait I would want him/her not to inherit would be my eye color, during most of my adult life, a muddy green.

"NON SVM QVALIS ERAM" - QVINTVS HORATIVS FLACCVS

Supreme American
06-02-2012, 04:50 PM

Welcome to the anti-traditionalist postmodern mindset.

Supreme American
06-02-2012, 04:53 PM

What? More than Germans have blue eyes, and Germans an also have brown eyes.

Osprey
06-02-2012, 04:57 PM

Yes
But the specific Greek in question does not (if my guess is correct)

Vasconcelos
06-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Yes
But the specific Greek in question does not (if my guess is correct)

I guess "blue eyes" wasn't the most important factor on a life partner for her, I wonder why.

jerney
06-02-2012, 05:05 PM

lol you are aware not all Germans have blue eyes, right? And you are aware that not all Greeks are brown eyed..?

Osprey
06-02-2012, 05:06 PM
I guess "blue eyes" wasn't the most important factor on a life partner for her, I wonder why.

Then it should not be a factor to desire in children too.
After all, you sow what you reap.

Balmung
06-02-2012, 05:08 PM

Don't know why everyone like to portray Germans as blonde blue eyed nordids. There's this chick/dude on another forum by the name Debian who makes it their agenda to prove Germans are all nordic gods. :lol:

Incel King
06-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Traits to pass down:

-Height

-Lips

-Skin tone

-Hair

Traits not to pass down:

-Nose

-Teeth

-Eye color

jerney
06-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Welcome to the anti-traditionalist postmodern mindset.

I only asked because I said the same thing a few years ago and well, my mind has changed 100% on the issue since then. You can't really say how life changes will form your opinions later on until you actually go through them :shrug:

Osprey
06-02-2012, 05:10 PM
lol you are aware not all Germans have blue eyes, right? And you are aware that not all Greeks are brown eyed..?

My post was misunderstood.
What i meant was, if you marry a brown eyed person then dont hope for a blue eyed baby.
Nothing personal against greeks

Vixen
06-02-2012, 05:12 PM

I just think itīs a physical characteristic that she likes in herself and would like to see in her children, it doesnīt mean she would not like her children to inherit their fatherīs eyes. Why would she be with him if she found his eyes unattractive and not worthy for her children to inherit? These are just lists of our good qualities, it doesnīt mean we find them superior to our partnerīs.

safinator
06-02-2012, 05:12 PM
My post was misunderstood.
What i meant was, if you marry a brown eyed person then dont hope for a blue eyed baby.
Nothing personal against greeks
Actually a blue eyed offspring is quite normal among blue eyed, brown eyed parents.
The Brown eyed parent only needs to carry the blue eyed gene (recessive)

Hess
06-02-2012, 05:14 PM
It seems that most people would like to see lighter features passed down, which I find interesting.

safinator
06-02-2012, 05:16 PM
It seems that most people would like to see lighter features passed down, which I find interesting.
:rotfl:

jerney
06-02-2012, 05:16 PM

That doesn't really make any sense. Your children aren't guaranteed to come out looking like you even if you marry your female/male carbon copy. Genetics are funny like that. Two blue eyed people can even produce a brown eyed child, for example. I would like my children to have my eye color because I think the shade and pattern are quite unique, but if they don't? So what, it's not going to make me feel or think any differently of them. :rolleyes:

Midori
06-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Two blue eyed people can even produce a brown eyed child

That's impossible.

Hess
06-02-2012, 05:23 PM
That's impossible.

It's not, I've seen it happen in my own family.

Highly unlikely? yes. Impossible? no.

jerney
06-02-2012, 05:24 PM
That's impossible.

No it's not.

Most of us learned the model for determining eye color that G.C. Davenport and C.B. Davenport devised in 1907. The Davenport model wrongly says brown eye color is always dominant over blue eye color, which means that two blue-eyed parents always have blue-eyed kids. We know better now.

"Although not common, two blue-eyed parents can produce children with brown eyes," says Richard A. Sturm, a Principal Research Fellow at the Institute for Molecular Bioscience at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia.

Eye color is a complex trait that depends on the state of several interacting genes. The gene that usually decides the issue (blue eyes or brown eyes) is the OCA2 gene on chromosome 15. But it comes in different strengths. A person with a weak form of the OCA2 gene will have blue eyes. Likewise a person with a strong form will have brown eyes.

The plot thickens, though, because an individual also has other eye-color genes that each has a say in the final eye-color outcome. For example, if one of these lesser genes is strong, it can make the weak form (blue) of OCA2 work much more effectively — almost like the strong form (brown). Then the eye color may be a light brown or muddy grey. In fact, the resulting color can be any shade of brown, hazel/green, or blue depending on the strengths of the interactions.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/aprilholladay/2004-10-14-wonderquest_x.htm

I know of a real life scenario, while not exactly the same, is somewhat similar. A friend has very light blue eyes, her husband has green eyes and their son has brown eyes. It happens.

Osprey
06-02-2012, 05:28 PM
That doesn't really make any sense. Your children aren't guaranteed to come out looking like you even if you marry your female/male carbon copy. Genetics are funny like that. Two blue eyed people can even produce a brown eyed child, for example. I would like my children to have my eye color because I think the shade and pattern are quite unique, but if they don't? So what, it's not going to make me feel or think any differently of them. :rolleyes:

Why?
If you love your hubby so much, why not let his eye color dominate?

PetiteParisienne
06-02-2012, 05:35 PM
My baby son seems to have inherited all of the best of my and my husband's genes!

-large, almond-shaped blue eyes
-straight (but thick) ash blond hair
-milky pale skin with ruddy cheeks (definitely a little English rose!)
-straight, symmetrical nose
-doctors think he's going to be very tall

I'm hoping he will also inherit my husband's good eye-sight; mine is terrible!

jerney
06-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Why?
If you love your hubby so much, why not let his eye color dominate?

Have you ever been in a relationship? You can love someone while still having your own preferences. I have a preference for my eye color. Marrying a blue eyed man would not have made a difference because *my* particular iris pattern and shade of blue is what I'd like to pass down, not someone elses

jerney
06-02-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm hoping he will also inherit my husband's good eye-sight; mine is terrible!

That's another one for me. My eyes are utter shit :(

Osprey
06-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Have you ever been in a relationship? You can love someone while still having your own preferences. I have a preference for my eye color. Marrying a blue eyed man would not have made a difference because *my* particular iris pattern and shade of blue is what I'd like to pass down, not someone elses

'Your particular irish pattern and shade of blue' would have had better chance of being passed down with a blue eyed man.
Anyway, in that case you can go and fornicate with a black 'nice' guy. In the eighteenth or nineteenth offspring maybe your eye color can have a chance to come out. Why making it sound like 'See, I have married a greek not a nigger, so i have a high moral ground'

Matilda
06-02-2012, 05:43 PM
want to pass: hair texture, light skin, body frame(if girl), Egyptian foot(if girl)
not to pass: my short height

Vixen
06-02-2012, 05:44 PM
'Your particular irish pattern and shade of blue' would have had better chance of being passed down with a blue eyed man.
Anyway, in that case you can go and fornicate with a black 'nice' guy. In the eighteenth or nineteenth offspring maybe your eye color can have a chance to come out. Why making it sound like 'See, I have married a greek not a nigger, so i have a high moral ground'

Are you actually comparing Greeks to negros? :eek:

Osprey
06-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Are you actually comparing Greeks to negros? :eek:

No
Iam just comparing a full fledged liberal to a hypocritical preservationist.
Greeks are a good looking bunch, i'll give them that, but mating between ANY kind of inter subracial species is kinda offensive to me.
But, well, hey who cares what i have to say right?

jerney
06-02-2012, 05:51 PM

According to who? You?

"Hmm let's see, I love you, we're compatible in every way and you offer everything I want in a person, but oh no, you don't have my eye color. Sorry, but I'm going to have to break it off :(" Yeah, that sounds reasonable. Why focus only on blue eyes instead of any of the other traits I've mentioned?

I don't even know what you're talking about. You seem to want to single out blue eyes like it's indicative of something. The only thing it seems to be indicative of is that you have a skewed view of both Germans and Greeks.

Vixen
06-02-2012, 05:53 PM
No
Iam just comparing a full fledged liberal to a hypocritical preservationist.
Greeks are a good looking bunch, i'll give them that, but mating between ANY kind of inter subracial species is kinda offensive to me.
But, well, hey who cares what i have to say right?

Well, I think you have a right to your opinion and I will respect that right.
However...
I donīt think itīs hypocritical to want to preserve your European culture, race and values but not really care about subrace, after all Europeans of different ethnicities/subraces have been mixing since the concept of "Europe" even existed and this has never done any harm to us. The only threat to European racial and cultural integrity comes from mixing with non-Europeans and letting them immigrate en masse to our homelands.

Mraz
06-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Not to pass : my eyebrows, they are thick, but anyway, it's always possible to do something about it.
To pass : my long eyelashes.

Osprey
06-02-2012, 05:56 PM
According to who? You?

"Hmm let's see, I love you, we're compatible in every way and you offer everything I want in a person, but oh no, you don't have my eye color. Sorry, but I'm going to have to break it off :(" Yeah, that sounds reasonable. Why focus only on blue eyes instead of any of the other traits I've mentioned?

I don't even know what you're talking about. You seem to want to single out blue eyes like it's indicative of something. The only thing it seems to be indicative of is that you have a skewed view of both Germans and Greeks.

The Guy : Hmm, i hate my swarthiness. I like northern people so i will take one of their girls. So i will pretend that i like her character, (which i truly know that is not very good)
The Girl: Ohhh myy, he loves me! He is so caring. He loves me as a person!
The story with you and countless other women. If one tries hard enough, i can find a compatible person in one's own subracial line. (and that person will be one's true soulmate, imo)
But if one is determined to marry out, who can stop that?

Duke
06-02-2012, 05:59 PM
I would like to pass, hair, teeth, height/build, eyes.

I would not like to pass, stubbornness, and impulsiveness

Queen B
06-02-2012, 06:03 PM
I want them to have my eye-color and lips.
I d also like them to have my hair (not style, but how strong and rich my hair is)
Hands, ears, height.
If its a girl, my round ass and nice tits :lol:

I don't want them to have my ugly nose and my very slim legs and my bad quality teeth.

jerney
06-02-2012, 06:06 PM
The Guy : Hmm, i hate my swarthiness. I like northern people so i will take one of their girls. So i will pretend that i like her character, (which i truly know that is not very good)
The story with you and countless other women. If one tries hard enough, i can find a compatible person in one's own subracial line. (and that person will be one's true soulmate, imo)

:lol::lol:

I'm glad you think you know either me or my husband well enough to make that judgment :D.

Anyway, I'm done with this idiotic conversation, so have fun arguing with yourself

Archduke
06-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Traits to pass down;

- My curly hair
- Nose
- Eyes
- Height

Traits not to pass down:

- Sometimes problematic skin.
- Hairy body.

Jarl
06-02-2012, 06:16 PM
- Hairy body.

Youd better familiarise yourself with the razor, you monkey :thumb001:

Thunderkin
06-02-2012, 06:17 PM
I hope my hair, my eyes, and most definitely my height.
I have dark blond hair and blue eyes and I'm 6'"3.

Archduke
06-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Youd better familiarise yourself with the razor, you monkey :thumb001:

I shave myself three times in week, but if you have many body hair like me, even God can't make it otherwise. :thumb001:

Queen B
06-02-2012, 06:22 PM

That's utter bullshit, actually . No offence.
Greeks are very stick-to-their-own kind actually. To bring a ''foreigner'' as a bride is not welcomed, no matter if she is German, Russian, or Japanese.

In order a man to decide to do that step,overcome all the critisism and negative reaction, he should be really in love with that girl.

:lol::lol:
I'm glad you think you know either me or my husband well enough to make that judgment :D.

You are a lovely couple :thumb001:

Jarl
06-02-2012, 06:23 PM
I shave myself three times in week, but if you have many body hair like me, even God can't make it otherwise. :thumb001:

And thats good. Clean shaven men are gaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy :lightbul:

Archduke
06-02-2012, 06:25 PM
^And what is actually your problem?

Jarl
06-02-2012, 06:27 PM
^And what is actually your problem?

Bulgarians...:embarrassed

They sort of... collide with my sense of aesthetics.

Archduke
06-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Bulgarians...:embarrassed

They sort of... collide with my sense of aesthetics.

Please clarify. I cannot understand whether that is a positive or a negative remark. :confused:

finþaų
06-02-2012, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't want them to inherit my overly convex and hooked nose, as it looks stupid.

Siegfried
06-02-2012, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't want them to inherit my overly convex and hooked nose, as it looks stupid.

You're obsessed with your nose, fin.:p I'd rather have a slightly convex and hooked, aquiline nose than my snub nose.

Breedingvariety
06-02-2012, 06:55 PM
I've met very convex nosed Lithuanians. And I don't want to have anything to do with them... These encounters have changed the image of convex nosed individuals up side down.

Leliana
06-02-2012, 07:01 PM
I hope my son or my daughter receive:

-My smile :)
-My blonde hair and blue eyes
-My cheeky and goofy humour :cool:
-My candid stubbornness :fhmm:
-The pride for our people and culture
-My faith in Catholicism
-My loyalty to family and my sense for social justice and empathy

What my children shouldn't receive from me:

-My goddamn freckles! :stop00010:
-My thin lips
-My fine-boned body structure
-My temper tantrums when stressed
-My clumsiness :hrm00000:
-If I have a daughter my unfeminine waist, hips and my small-sized, uneven breasts :embarrassed
-My deficiency in remembering things
-My genetic predisposition for shortness of breath
-My sleeping disorder

My high cheekbones
My blue eyes
My light brown hair
Ehm, sounds like a problem when I look at the photos of your husband. :rolleyes: But good luck! :) I don't have anything against you but I can't relive your choice.

Midori
06-02-2012, 07:03 PM
-My goddamn freckles! :stop00010:

:( I wish I had freckles.

jerney
06-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Ehm, sounds like a problem when I look at the photos of your husband. :rolleyes: But good luck! :) I don't have anything against you but I can't relive your choice.

His mother has extremely prominent cheekbones (even more so than mine) and two out of four grandparents have blue eyes and light hair, so there is actually quite a decent chance for everything I listed. :wink

If it doesn't happen it's also perfectly fine because I happen to be quite content and happy with my choice :coffee:

Aces High
06-02-2012, 07:16 PM
I most likely would not have the time to raise kids, if I achieve my career goals.

Once you make it off the counter and onto the fryer in the back you will probably be less stressed and have more free time.

Lena
06-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Want to pass:

- Love for sports
- Creativity and organization abilities

Not to pass:

- my skin...it's too sensitive (allergic to nickel, allergic to some insect bites etc.)
- the colour of my eyes...I hate the fact that I never was able to define their colour precisely.
- extreme stubbornest which is often damaging

Aces High
06-02-2012, 08:28 PM
My chiseled good looks.
My wit.
My brains.
My footballing skills....(a rare delight to behold)
My winning personality.
My charm.

My modesty.....:D

jerney
06-02-2012, 08:28 PM
A couple more I've thought of

I'd like to pass on

my athletic ability, especially in my youth
love and kindness towards animals
my large eyes (I think big, round eyes look adorable on children)

Not pass on

My crap skin that's prone to breaking out and being oily :(
My wide feet. Random, but I've always hate that.

Mortimer
06-02-2012, 08:31 PM
I hope i wont pass on

-Weakness and Cowardness
-Overweight, Mental Disorder

Pass on

-Smartness, Ability to learn, Good aspects of Personality

Útrám
06-02-2012, 08:41 PM
This please:
Introversion
Good posture
Height

Not so much:
Anxiety tendencies
Nasal prominanece

mvbeleg
06-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Things not to pass on:

* Schizophren pathologie

* Lower spine anomalies

* Chronic skin conditions involving the sebacious glands. Namely, recurring mild inflammatory acne and recurring mild seborrhoeic dermatitis of the scalp and nasal creases.

Osprey
06-03-2012, 03:08 AM
My chiseled good looks.
My wit.
My brains.
My footballing skills....(a rare delight to behold)
My winning personality.
My charm.

My modesty.....:D

Your wit, Your wit Your wit >>> everything

Make sure you pass on that, otherwise your kids won't really be Aces!

CelticViking
06-03-2012, 03:14 AM
I would want my sons to be over 6'1(Because I'm tall) and I wouldn't want my children to get my eye sight haha because I need glasses sometimes when reading or watching films.

SilverKnight
06-03-2012, 03:21 AM
My 10:

1. Intelligence.
2. Intelligence.
3. Intelligence again..
4. Humbleness/ Honesty.
5. Progressiveness.
6. Good morals.
7. Firmness/ Consistency.
8. Good humor.
9. Perfect Balance between introversion and extroversion.
10. Love for nature, arts and family.

StonyArabia
06-03-2012, 03:26 AM
I am sure their mother lineage would dominate, my traits would be little to none.

Here what I like them to have

Honesty
Morals
Consistency
Love nature and hunating as well falconary
Honor their family

Piparskeggr
06-03-2012, 04:19 AM
Only things I'd not want to pass on would be my congenital heart defect (a family trait), our family's propensity towards liver disease, arterial sclerosis and high blood pressure (in spite of healthy life lifestyle choices) and my inherited weakness for distilled spirits.

Otherwise, everything else seems OK, especially longevity in the face of the above defects.

Osprey
06-03-2012, 04:25 AM
That's utter bullshit, actually . No offence.
Greeks are very stick-to-their-own kind actually. To bring a ''foreigner'' as a bride is not welcomed, no matter if she is German, Russian, or Japanese.

In order a man to decide to do that step,overcome all the critisism and negative reaction, he should be really in love with that girl.

You are a lovely couple :thumb001:

Say that when your Greek man leaves you for a German or a Swede.

Angus
06-03-2012, 05:34 AM
Things I wouldn't want

-Height. I'm not short by any strech, I'm right at the national average, but I'd like to see my children (particularly my son) surpass the average.

-My math skills, erhm, lack of math skills. :rant:

Things I'd like to pass on

-Pride in our culture and ancestors.

-Affinity with a Bow, or some other kind of weapon. Also, I dont mean those bloody compound bows :rolleyes:

-My hair and eye color.

Γέλως
06-03-2012, 05:58 AM
Say that when your Greek man leaves you for a German or a Swede.That's how a Greek man reacts if he spots a German or Swedish woman:
http://youtu.be/b5fKxlfxVoI?t=1m25s

MarkyMark
06-03-2012, 06:13 AM
Traits I want to pass on:
-High intellectual capacity
-Normal weight
-Long arms and legs
-Bitchin eyes
-Almost exactly perfect teeth without braces
-Normal 5'9 height or taller for my boys
-Athletic ability
Traits I don't want to pass on:
-Bad eyesight
-Thick eyebrows
-My largish nose, its not that bad just not favored over a straight average one
-Not perfectly symmetrical face
-My upper lip protrudes a little far

rhiannon
06-03-2012, 06:33 AM
My daughter inherited:
Her father's fine, wavy hair
Her father's hazel green eyes
Her father's skin tone....slightly more beige than my rather rosy skin
Her father's jawline
Good height (she is 5'9...one inch taller than I am)
My upturned nose (glad she got it)
narrow hips from both sides
my strong, muscular legs...slightly more slenderized, though
whip-sharp intellect and high IQ (came from both sides)

I wish she had gotten the following from me:
My hair...much thicker and more full of body than her dad's
my clear skin. She had horrible acne through her teen years and early adulthood....her skin is just now fully clearing up....

my son got
my nose
dad's blue-grey eyes
somewhat curlyish hair from paternal grandpa
incredible obstinancy from both of us
dad's ash blond tone
a certain gentleness and affection for smaller or more helpless creatures....from both of us
affectionate personality from dad....and mom (sometimes)

What I hope he gets:
dad's height (dad is 198 cm)
mom's brother's builds (they are all built like brick shithouses lol)
general athletic ability (both sides)
my skin

Osprey
06-03-2012, 06:44 AM
My daughter inherited:
Her father's fine, wavy hair
Her father's hazel green eyes
Her father's skin tone....slightly more beige than my rather rosy skin
Her father's jawline
Good height (she is 5'9...one inch taller than I am)
My upturned nose (glad she got it)
narrow hips from both sides
my strong, muscular legs...slightly more slenderized, though
whip-sharp intellect and high IQ (came from both sides)

I wish she had gotten the following from me:
My hair...much thicker and more full of body than her dad's
my clear skin. She had horrible acne through her teen years and early adulthood....her skin is just now fully clearing up....

my son got
my nose
dad's blue-grey eyes
somewhat curlyish hair from paternal grandpa
incredible obstinancy from both of us
dad's ash blond tone
a certain gentleness and affection for smaller or more helpless creatures....from both of us
affectionate personality from dad....and mom (sometimes)

What I hope he gets:
dad's height (dad is 198 cm)
mom's brother's builds (they are all built like brick shithouses lol)
general athletic ability (both sides)
my skin

I thought you were with an Italian man?

rhiannon
06-03-2012, 07:31 AM
I thought you were with an Italian man?

He's 25% Italian
25% Swedish
25% German
12.5% English
12.5% Irish

But his surname is Italian:thumb001: He identifies most strongly with his Italian roots, for some reason.....especially his taste in cuisine, lol

finþaų
06-03-2012, 07:40 AM
First and foremost I must pass on the obvious Mongoloid admixture in my eyes (as is evident from this high-angle shot):

http://i.imgur.com/m3d3I.jpg

I would like my children to have true blue ones, though.

Osprey
06-03-2012, 08:08 AM
He's 25% Italian
25% Swedish
25% German
12.5% English
12.5% Irish

But his surname is Italian:thumb001: He identifies most strongly with his Italian roots, for some reason.....especially his taste in cuisine, lol

Blond Italian Man :thumb001:

Han Cholo
06-03-2012, 08:40 AM
My chinky eyes, my straight hair, my full lips. I wouldn't like my offspring to have my nose, nor my hands (they're too thick and not very long)

ficuscarica
06-03-2012, 10:06 AM
I would want them to have...
- skin that tans easily
- straight nose
- long harmonous face
- robust body-frame
- fast gain of muscles

and not
- prognathism
- a bit too short nose
- hair that bleaches in the sun
- a bit too less body hair/beard hair

this is for a son of course... for a daughter I wouldnīt want a robust body-frame of a muscular body... :D

Character... if I stay as I am I better should never have children...

exceeder
06-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Would want them to have:
-My eyes (green colour & almonde shape)
-My dark brown hair
-My patience
-General height (5"11)

I wouldnt want them:
-To have my body hair
-My anxiousness
-My procrastinating ways

Queen B
06-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Say that when your Greek man leaves you for a German or a Swede.
Haven't happened, sorry :coffee: