PDA

View Full Version : Guess group of people and classify

Foxy
06-05-2012, 10:30 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-52OK10-NtlU/Tw2ZaR_RCpI/AAAAAAAAEAc/vDAsyyvwIkA/s1600/volei.jpg

Where are they from? How would you classify them?

finžaų
06-05-2012, 10:32 AM
The women look Iberian. Spain?

The guy on the left reminds me of Corvus Albus for some reason. :P

Foxy
06-05-2012, 10:35 AM
The women look Iberian. Spain?

The guy on the left reminds me of Corvus Albus for some reason. :P

I will wait to answer. I want to hear some other opinions. Meanwhile, could you classify the guy and some girls?
I can just say that IMO the second girl from the left in the low line is the apotheosis of the gracile med.

Foxy
06-05-2012, 08:05 PM
None else?

Prince Carlo
06-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Moroccans? :P

Foxy
06-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Moroccans? :P

No, why do you think so?

Sikeliot
06-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Swiss.

Rouxinol
06-05-2012, 08:40 PM
They look Dinarid-influenced - all. I'd say Italy - north or central.

Foxy
06-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Swiss.

They look Dinarid-influenced - all. I'd say Italy - north or central.

No and no. Labrador, where do you see the dinarid influence? Would they pass in Portugal in your opinion?

Sikeliot
06-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Probably somewhere in the Balkans.

aimar
06-05-2012, 09:23 PM
the team is sponsored by a portuguese coffee brand, so they must be portuguese?
some of them don't look like it though.

Rouxinol
06-05-2012, 09:32 PM
No and no. Labrador, where do you see the dinarid influence? Would they pass in Portugal in your opinion?

I wouldn't see them as foreigners. Their noses and head-shapes, I think... But given their profiles aren't visible this may be just a wrong impression I'm getting.

Cristiano viejo
06-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Finnish.

Prince Carlo
06-06-2012, 07:22 AM
No, why do you think so?

They look black to me.

Optimus
06-06-2012, 07:28 AM
Perhaps South Italy?

Prince Carlo
06-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Perhaps South Italy?

Fuck no.

Foxy
06-06-2012, 07:52 AM
They are Portuguese. As for Italy (since now I will speak only of the regions of Italy I know better, so Central Italy and Northern Italy) their mouth and nose lines would look exotic and very Portuguese. Sleepytiger had already told me that in his opinion Portuguese have a very characterist mouth, but I had not noticed it until now, watching this group photo.
Btw I see also 2-3 people, but one in particular, that looks very exotic (the first down on the left). She would not pass here. Is she really Portuguese?

Foxy
06-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Basically I am seeing that what characterizes Portuguese judging by this pic is a very horizontal line of the mouth and down turned eyes.

aimar
06-06-2012, 11:01 AM
They are Portuguese. As for Italy (since now I will speak only of the regions of Italy I know better, so Central Italy and Northern Italy) their mouth and nose lines would look exotic and very Portuguese. Sleepytiger had already told me that in his opinion Portuguese have a very characterist mouth, but I had not noticed it until now, watching this group photo.
Btw I see also 2-3 people, but one in particular, that looks very exotic (the first down on the left). She would not pass here. Is she really Portuguese?

1st girl from the top row, and the first two from the bottom row don't look portuguese.

Overall it doesn't look a very portuguese group, if it weren't for the portuguese coffee brand advertising in their shirts I wouldn't guess them as portuguese.

Foxy
06-06-2012, 11:44 AM
1st girl from the top row, and the first two from the bottom row don't look portuguese.

Overall it doesn't look a very portuguese group, if it weren't for the portuguese coffee brand advertising in their shirts I wouldn't guess them as portuguese.

1st girl on the top seems ok for me and so does also the second in the bottom. She's a gracile med as far as I see. The first in the bottom looks weird, can she be only half Portuguese?

Rouxinol
06-06-2012, 12:46 PM
1st girl on the top seems ok for me and so does also the second in the bottom. She's a gracile med as far as I see. The first in the bottom looks weird, can she be only half Portuguese?

Is this a trolling thread? They all seem ok for S. Europe, even central, with one exception. Specifically, this group does not look very Portuguese in traits so that I guessed them as Italian and other Portuguese members didn't feel immediately connected. I can't tell by one picture if that woman is full or half or 1/4 Portuguese or whatever. I would need further pictures of her in different angles. She could be half-Indian.

Sleepytiger had already told me that in his opinion Portuguese have a very characterist mouth, but I had not noticed it until now, watching this group photo.

Lol, yes, watching a picture no Portuguese seems to connect with is the right way to go. Honestly I don't know what that "very characteristic mouth" sleepytigers thought about is like. He seemingly isn't very acquainted with mainland Portuguese also. Everyone has its own distinct mouth.

Foxy
06-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Is this a trolling thread? They all seem ok for S. Europe, even central, with one exception. Specifically, this group does not look very Portuguese in traits so that I guessed them as Italian and other Portuguese members didn't felt immediately connected. I can't tell by one picture if that woman is full or half or 1/4 Portuguese or whatever. I would need further pictures of her in different angles. She could be half-Indian.

Lol, yes, watching a picture no Portuguese seem to connect with is the right way to go. Honestly I don't know what that "very characteristic mouth" sleeptigers thought about is like. Everyone has it's own distinct mouth.

No, it's not a trolling thread. I agree with you that the first girl on the bottom is not typical and is probably mixed. About the mouth, maybe you can't notice it because being you Portuguese for you it's a normal trait, but if you look them good they have all the same smile.
They don't look Italian to me, neither southern. They have different features although the single would not stand out (except the first girl on the bottom), but as a group they don't tell me "Italian".

Foxy
06-06-2012, 12:52 PM
They have all smiles like Kaka, to understand what I mean, although I know that Kaka is not Portuguese. He just presents that trait.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7ztLvo-4svM/TvHvaggDGcI/AAAAAAAAGEY/eUUH8z-47WA/s1600/tumblr_lgj8weamJc1qfvkobo1_500.jpg

Rouxinol
06-06-2012, 12:55 PM
I don't think Kaka's smile/mouth is a common Portuguese trait. Honestly, his smile and mouth is, among his traits, the ones I have though of as being more of exotic and different of Portuguese standards. And there's something in him that deviates him from standard Portuguese. I am not saying that it has to be non-European, but it could be from other European group that has settled in large numbers in Brazil, so that an Euro-mutt of Portuguese+other Euro could result in similar phenotypes.

Foxy
06-06-2012, 01:08 PM
I don't think Kaka's smile/mouth is a common Portuguese trait. Honestly, his smile and mouth is, among his traits, the ones I have though of as being more of exotic and different of Portuguese standards. And there's something in him that deviates him from standard Portuguese. I am not saying that it has to be non-European, but it could be from other European group that has settled in large numbers in Brazil, so that an Euro-mutt of Portuguese+other Euro could result in similar phenotypes.

By the way Kaka is cute. :thumbs up

Rouxinol
06-06-2012, 01:31 PM
By the way Kaka is cute. :thumbs up

Well, he is good-looking indeed. Anyway, he would not fit as a typical Portuguese in my opinion.

These are typical Portuguese men (from Lisbon):

http://m3.licdn.com/media/p/1/000/0fe/19d/227f8bd.jpg http://m3.licdn.com/media/p/2/000/006/11d/1cfcd7a.jpg http://m3.licdn.com/media/p/3/000/118/319/17ab000.jpg http://m3.licdn.com/media/p/2/000/005/07f/231747c.jpg http://m4.licdn.com/media/p/3/000/028/144/127d419.jpg

Foxy
06-06-2012, 01:34 PM
2nd and 4th have the smile I was talking about.
1st and 3rd are typical also of Italy, quite pan-Italian looking.

Rouxinol
06-06-2012, 02:14 PM

Maybe you're in a better position to evaluate smiles, from a foreigner position. I see now what sort of smile you're speaking of: some sort of grooves or dimples do form in the cheeks while smiling. In Portuguese we use to call it "sorriso com covinhas", don't know if there's a similar idiom in Italian. Maybe it's more common among certain ethnicites than in others,but not that I had ever though of it as being typical to a specific ethnicity - honestly I've never paid much attention to smiles (except for the so-called "Semitic smile") as a trait so I might have been distracted.

Vasconcelos
06-06-2012, 02:31 PM
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of portuguese faces posted on this forum, and you agree on that "portuguese smile" (whatever the fuck that is, first time I've heard such non-sense) based on a picture with poor quality, absolutely terrible lightning and with a few exemplars that even people here agree don't look like the average Portuguese?

Absurd (I'm being PC).

Rouxinol
06-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Out of curiosity, where is this team from, in Portugal?

Queen B
06-06-2012, 04:14 PM

Αnd Greece.

Sikeliot
06-06-2012, 04:17 PM
I am mostly familiar with Portuguese people from Madeira and the Azores.. but with that said I do usually recognize when people are Portuguese.. but in this picture, the girl on the bottom row on the left threw me off.

Damićo de Góis
06-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Female musical group of the pharmacy faculty of the university of Lisbon:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/546516_10150770882073615_359581347_n.jpg

I don't know if they look foreign in Italy or not, probably would... but they look much more familiar as a group. I notice some are smiling the portuguese way too.

Foxy
06-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Well, if when I say that I have noticed that the Portuguese have a distinctive mouth-eyes line offends you, just forget about it.
Eyes like these don't seem to me distinctively Italian for example, but very Iberic, IMO:

http://www.artificial-eye.com/database/dvd/ART595DVD/images/01.jpg

Αnd Greece.

Yes, those two have a quite pan-mediterranean look.

Vasconcelos
06-07-2012, 12:37 PM
Well, if when I say that I have noticed that the Portuguese have a distinctive mouth-eyes line offends you, just forget about it.

It doesn't offend me, but it's absurd.