PDA

View Full Version : PC language hinders the fight against terrorism

Goswinus
11-26-2008, 04:10 PM
PC language hinders the fight against terrorism :

There is never any situation so challenging that Government ministers cannot exacerbate it. Last year ministers directed local councils to employ a special PC vocabulary in their drive to wean the Muslim community, especially young men, from extremism and support of terrorism. In this lexicon of euphemism, "extremism" became "community resilience" and "terrorism" was translated into "anti-Islamic activity".

Read further:
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/gerald_warner/blog/2008/11/12/pc_language_hinders_the_fight_against_terrorism

Oresai
11-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Oh, for goodness sake! :....Isn`t there anything people can do to combat this blatant stupidity and toadying to the PC brigade?
Surely there is something? :confused:

Goswinus
11-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Oh, for goodness sake! :....Isn`t there anything people can do to combat this blatant stupidity and toadying to the PC brigade?
Surely there is something? :confused:

What about a public awareness group?

A league of individuals and organisations across and above ideological factionalism, radical but open and diverse enough to appeal to the mainstream and lseducing also the fence sitters, campaigning on the streets and halls, backened by intellectuals, journalists and artists who dare to tackle the PC hoax on grounds of concerns about truth, objectivity and authenticity... it would help to have a or some figures, flamboyant and provocative, a bit like a mix of a witty Twain or Wilde with a dash of caesarism, to call out against the System and show that the number of discontentment is growing, that it is a force that can't be ignored, tamed and demonised with dirty pettish tricks...

To fight the PC hysteria there has to be done more pro-active than merely wail morosely in blogs, producing chains of semi-professional letter writing in papers and within the protective confines of home...

Oresai
11-26-2008, 05:50 PM
I love the idea. At the very least, it would give folks like me (and gods, I DO tend to moan incessantly about the PC brigade and their ridiculous doings...:o) something to focus on that feels, at least, constructive.
So if anyone knows of any anti-political correctness online groups that aren`t merely rabid complainers, but constructive activists, or if anyone wants to form such a group, please nudge me. I`ll happily join! :D
Seriously, isn`t it about time people challenged the bugg..um..idiots...?
Most of the time, when I read of yet another silly decision that actually affects peoples lives because of misguided (or worse, guided by ulterior motives) political correctness, I groan and feel generally helpless.
Being vocal about it would help. Being vocal and actually being heard would be better.

(actually, beating said PC brigade ruthlessly about the head and neck would feel, oh so good, but I have to be a good girl, I guess.....)