PDA

View Full Version : Dating w/ Age Differences

D_Sheetz
06-05-2012, 08:25 PM
I just wanted everyone's opinions on how big of an age difference is acceptable within their relationships..I can see 5 or maybe 7 years tops, but anything over that is extremely odd IMO..I mean when you date you're either looking for something that will last or a random hookup, now the age difference wouldn't really matter for a hookup but if someone is in a committed relationship with someone 10+ years older than they are then they're just setting themselves up for weird looks in public and honestly an early widow life..

So IMO..5-7 years tops and anything over that leads me to think that one of the two people in that relationship has some sort of baggage or psychological issues of some kind..

Lumi
06-05-2012, 08:34 PM
I dated a guy 10 years older than me. It worked just fine.
Well, until the age got to us when I turned 19... We both agreed that we should date people our own ages.
I'm now dating a 26 year old.

I think age is just a number. As long as both parties consent, why should anyone give a cahoots?

Kazimiera
06-05-2012, 08:36 PM
If you love the person then it doesn't matter whether you get widowed early or not.

My first husband was 16 years older than myself and I could not have wished for a better husband.

D_Sheetz
06-05-2012, 08:36 PM
I dated a guy 10 years older than me. It worked just fine.
Well, until the age got to us when I turned 19... We both agreed that we should date people our own ages.
I'm now dating a 26 year old.

I think age is just a number. As long as both parties consent, why should anyone give a cahoots?

I'm not saying you should care about what others thing about your dating preferences..I guess my question is what benefit is there to dating someone so who is at such an age difference than you..I don't see any benefit to be honest.

Sikeliot
06-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Anywhere from two years younger to six years older.

PetiteParisienne
06-05-2012, 08:43 PM
10 years would probably have been the limit for me. Beyond that, I would have been afraid of generational differences causing conflict and/or lack of common ground.

I am 26 and my husband is 24. He will be turning 25 next month.

Kazimiera
06-05-2012, 08:44 PM
What benefit do you get from dating someone younger? If you love someone and you "click" then age does not matter.

My previous husband and I were the perfect match. He often got mistaken as my father, but we found it funny. People who knew us always used to call me the "child bride". We had some awesome times together. More so than I have ever had with anyone younger. He had done so much, had so many stories to tell. He led a very interesting life and kept me entertained for hours.

Also, there is emotional security in dating so much older than yourself. My husband had seen the world and done who and what there is to do. When I got him he had lived a life without getting married. He had so much more experience in knowing what he wanted in a relationship. He'd been in enough to know what he wants and what he doesn't.

All people have emotional baggage. Some more, some less. I've met some 20 year olds with enough emotional baggage to sink a container ship.

SilverKnight
06-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Everyone is free to date what ever date they want offcourse if he/she is a minor dating way over their age then it's wrong as they are just learning about the world. In the case of an adult it doesn't matter, but I would never personally date a women who's 15 years above my age. ^^

Hurrem sultana
06-05-2012, 08:50 PM
5 years

D_Sheetz
06-05-2012, 08:54 PM
What benefit do you get from dating someone younger? If you love someone and you "click" then age does not matter.

My previous husband and I were the perfect match. He often got mistaken as my father, but we found it funny. People who knew us always used to call me the "child bride". We had some awesome times together. More so than I have ever had with anyone younger. He had done so much, had so many stories to tell. He led a very interesting life and kept me entertained for hours.

Also, there is emotional security in dating so much older than yourself. My husband had seen the world and done who and what there is to do. When I got him he had lived a life without getting married. He had so much more experience in knowing what he wanted in a relationship. He'd been in enough to know what he wants and what he doesn't.

All people have emotional baggage. Some more, some less. I've met some 20 year olds with enough emotional baggage to sink a container ship.

Yes, everyone has emotional baggage..but let me ask you something Loony..wouldn't you have rather experienced the world with your husband rather than experiencing those things separately?

Kazimiera
06-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Yes, everyone has emotional baggage..but let me ask you something Loony..wouldn't you have rather experienced the world with your husband rather than experiencing those things separately?

I don't quite understand you. Would I rather have experienced with with him, than experiencing what things separately?
:confused:

D_Sheetz
06-05-2012, 08:58 PM
it says experience the WORLD with him :P you must have skimmed by that part lol

Vasconcelos
06-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Bro Code:

x ≥ y/2 + 7

where:
x= Chick's age
y= Bro's age

Aces High
06-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Id go out with a 95 yr old bed ridden nappy wearing multi millionairess no probs.........id shag her brains out.
In fact that would be my ideal woman.

:cool:

Kazimiera
06-05-2012, 09:01 PM
it says experience the WORLD with him :P you must have skimmed by that part lol

Yes, it would have been nice but not a necessity. We had each other and that is all that mattered. We were like a unit. Nothing could take us apart. It was like us against the world.

And it was wonderful. Beautiful. :)

D_Sheetz
06-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Yes, it would have been nice but not a necessity. We had each other and that is all that mattered. We were like a unit. Nothing could take us apart. It was like us against the world.

And it was wonderful. Beautiful. :)

well you are very lucky (: I think you and your first husband were one of the rare couples that could make the age difference work in their favor to be honest!

Kazimiera
06-05-2012, 09:05 PM
This is a picture of me and my old hubby on our wedding day.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q526/katzentatzen79/P1010027.jpg

Su
06-05-2012, 09:05 PM
he should be between 24-30, btw l m 26.

Han Cholo
06-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Around my age/generation is fine. Don't really care for exact number. I am not really 41, in case you're wondering.

D_Sheetz
06-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Around my age/generation is fine. Don't really care for exact number. I am not really 41, in case you're wondering.

Agreed.

rhiannon
06-06-2012, 09:31 AM
7 days:p

Queen B
06-06-2012, 09:41 AM
8 years at max .

Vixen
06-09-2012, 05:32 AM
I don´t think I´d date anyone who wasn´t at least 5 years older than me.

LouisFerdinand
06-12-2017, 12:58 AM
Prince Charles The Prince of Wales was twelve years older than Lady Diana Spencer.

Carlito's Way
06-12-2017, 01:19 AM
girl now a days are immature hood rats who cant even cook or wipe their own ass
i've always had a thing for older women, max would be early 30's
girls older than me know what they want and they know how to please a nigga in bed and outside
plus they are a challenge for me cause older women aint looking for young niggas since to them we are immature
I dont like easy females, once they become an easy target, i easily lose interest in them

girls younger than me are naive, dumb, immature, and dont know what they want, 99% of them dont know what is a credit score lol

Noman
06-12-2017, 01:38 AM
+/- 5 years is cool.

Zephyrus
06-12-2017, 01:45 AM
I don't care about age differences.
I'm 37.
She has to be white, racist, conservative, gun-toting and fertile.
That's all I expect her to be,

Annie999
06-12-2017, 09:38 AM
My fiance is 6 months younger and my ex's were just 1-2 years older or younger than me. For me having a similar generational background is important but not a rule.

Silk
07-17-2017, 01:36 PM
Not more than 5 years.

Mädel Edelweiß
07-23-2017, 08:32 PM
I prefer my partners to be older. My only boyfriend was 5 years older than me.
I would consider being in a relationship with older men. Age doesn't bother me.

I may be biased because my parents are 14 years apart in age.

al-Bosni
07-23-2017, 08:34 PM
Whatever age. From rugrats to Madonna. As long as they are females with a vagina.

crazyladybutterfly
07-23-2017, 09:01 PM
Whatever age. From rugrats to Madonna. As long as they are females with a vagina.

EVERY hole is a goal !

al-Bosni
07-23-2017, 09:06 PM
EVERY hole is a goal !
Hehe.

nightrider+
07-23-2017, 09:11 PM
Older female + younger male = guy desperate for pussy
Older male + younger female = girl desperate for money and easy life

Love knows no age, mah nigga!!

crazyladybutterfly
07-23-2017, 09:12 PM
Hehe.

but when she is too little .. lets say under 11 or to make you happy.. 9
wouldn't penetration be too painful for her? if you re of a normal size? so how cant you care about age ? lol

al-Bosni
07-23-2017, 09:15 PM
but when she is too little .. lets say under 11 or to make you happy.. 9
wouldn't penetration be too painful for her? if you re of a normal size? so how cant you care about age ? lol
The vagina can expand very far, that's where babies come from. Besides, you can also not go in too deep.

crazyladybutterfly
07-23-2017, 09:18 PM
The vagina can expand very far, that's where babies come from. Besides, you can also not go in too deep.

yes it can but it will cause great pain . in islam if a wife cant have sex because it can hurt her she doesn't have to have sex. if she has influenza she has the right to refuse , if the penetration is too much for her she should have the right to refuse penetration.. by logic.

al-Bosni
07-23-2017, 09:21 PM
yes it can but it will cause great pain . in islam if a wife cant have sex because it can hurt her she doesn't have to have sex. if she has influenza she has the right to refuse , if the penetration is too much for her she should have the right to refuse penetration.. by logic.
True but it depends on the person.

crazyladybutterfly
07-23-2017, 09:24 PM
True but it depends on the person.

unless you have the penis like that of a little boy you shouldn't penetrate her , according to your own religion.

besides even for preteens and adolescents it can be too much , they are less lubrificated .. i have even heard fo a 15 years old girl dying from bleeding after being raped multiple times by her husband

maybe these girls were hemophilic but it still shows that they weren't ready.. if it caused such damage to the walls of their vagina..

Colonel Frank Grimes
07-23-2017, 09:25 PM
Biggest difference was me being 10 years older or maybe it was 11.

al-Bosni
07-23-2017, 09:26 PM
unless you have the penis like that of a little boy you shouldn't penetrate her , according to your own religion.

besides even for preteens and adolescents it can be too much , they are less lubrificated .. i have even heard fo a 15 years old girl dying from bleeding after being raped multiple times by her husband
Still, from person to person and from case to case, it varies.

Amor Vincit Omnia
07-23-2017, 10:50 PM
EVERY hole is a goal !

in tempo di guerra ogni buco e' trincea ( versione francese ) :wink

Amor Vincit Omnia
07-23-2017, 10:53 PM
age is important so it think not more than 60 years difference :-p :eyes:eyes

♥ Lily ♥
07-23-2017, 10:55 PM
Oh gosh.... my ex boyfriend from Marseille in south-east France has a 100 year old Italian paternal grandfather.... and his girlfriend is 20 years younger than him at age 80. He used to make my ex and me laugh when he joked that his girlfriend is 'too young for him'. :P

al-Bosni
07-23-2017, 10:59 PM
Oh gosh.... my ex boyfriend from Marseille in south-east France has a 100 year old Italian paternal grandfather.... and his girlfriend is 20 years younger than him at age 80. He used to make my ex and me laugh when he joked that his girlfriend is 'too young for him'. :P
My dad is 9 years older than my mom. She was 17 when they met.

Queen B
07-24-2017, 08:50 AM
Older female + younger male = guy desperate for pussy
Older male + younger female = girl desperate for money and easy life
Love knows no age, mah nigga!!
So, a 30 y.o woman with a 40y.o would only be together if the man is rich and the woman jobless? :bored:

nightrider+
07-24-2017, 09:21 AM
So, a 30 y.o woman with a 40y.o would only be together if the man is rich and the woman jobless? :bored:

Doesn't have to be rich nor does the woman have to be jobless. But yeah, in 10+ years age difference relationships, it's usually a sugar daddy kind of relationship or the girl having daddy issues.

Noman
07-24-2017, 09:25 AM
Age is just a number, and jail is just a room.

Age matters bruh!

Jana
07-24-2017, 09:33 AM
Stears 11 years older than me. My previous boyfriends were all my generation.
11 years aparts is kind of lot for me, but we do not feel age difference because of being very alike :) and childlish :)

People here who claim younger girls date older guys for money status only are laughable. I come from same social class as he does and am wealthier meterially though my parents.
The key is to have lover from same social class^standing as you are, and than are many cultural and financial problems avoided that happens when you date person much higher or much lower standing than you are.

Get a life people. Bit older man is more ideal for a woman, but not too old. It was like that since dawn of time. Ofcourse all other combinations work too, if you are in love, not a prostitute.

My parents are 7 years apart which they claim is ideal age difference if man is older, traditionally, in Croatia.

crazyladybutterfly
07-24-2017, 09:37 AM

yeah it depends on the age ... even 5 years of difference can be a lot when the person is like 15 the other like 20.
while its nothing when both are adults .. well maybe it s still a lot when one is only 18 .

20 and 40 is a lot .. but at 80 and at 100 you re basically in the same situation xD

so did they meet when SHE was young?

Queen B
07-24-2017, 09:40 AM
Doesn't have to be rich nor does the woman have to be jobless. But yeah, in 10+ years age difference relationships, it's usually a sugar daddy kind of relationship or the girl having daddy issues.

Α woman that might earn , let's say 800-900€ will seek money for a man that will earn the same amount??
10+ years, depending on the age of both, isn't that much of a difference.

F.e. a 30 y.o woman, might be with a 40y.o man easily. There are men that look like they are in their early thirties, and not much ''older'' than the 30y.o counterparts.

Sugar daddy relationships usually happen in women in early twenties with 45+ guys or women in their 30s and over 55+ guys.

crazyladybutterfly
07-24-2017, 09:41 AM

if she is only 18 and he is 28 it could be .. but i don't think 30 and older years old women with a man just 10 years her senior have any kind of issue .

nightrider+
07-24-2017, 09:44 AM
Α woman that might earn , let's say 800-900€ will seek money for a man that will earn the same amount??
10+ years, depending on the age of both, isn't that much of a difference.

F.e. a 30 y.o woman, might be with a 40y.o man easily. There are men that look like they are in their early thirties, and not much ''older'' than the 30y.o counterparts.

Sugar daddy relationships usually happen in women in early twenties with 45+ guys or women in their 30s and over 55+ guys.

There are always exceptions to the rule. 30-40 is pushing it anyway. The man has a good chance of looking younger than her by then.

♥ Lily ♥
07-24-2017, 10:47 AM
yeah it depends on the age ... even 5 years of difference can be a lot when the person is like 15 the other like 20.
while its nothing when both are adults .. well maybe it s still a lot when one is only 18 .

20 and 40 is a lot .. but at 80 and at 100 you re basically in the same situation xD

so did they meet when SHE was young?

They met only a few months before he turned 100 (so she would've been 80 at the time) and I was told that this was long after his wife (my ex boyfriend's French paternal grandmother) had passed away, and so they were both widows.

Amor Vincit Omnia
07-24-2017, 10:50 AM
now guys ...i know that what i m going to write down will make me leave your esteem but sincere i think i have the age that make me ready to face the trauma :-p :-p
who give a fuck about the age of the person i love , i fuck love her what other thing i need about ?i
i love stay with her , i like her scient ,her vibes and she make me horny as a bull , ciao ciao meow meow

crazyladybutterfly
07-24-2017, 01:52 PM
They met only a few months before he turned 100 (so she would've been 80 at the time) and I was told that this was long after his wife (my ex boyfriend's French paternal grandmother) had passed away, and so they were both widows.

That s so cute :)

Harley
09-11-2017, 06:50 AM
I'm married to someone 9 years my senior, and before that, my ex husband was 5 years older than me.

I've had relationships with men 5 years younger than me. I remember my brother found it troubling that I was seeing someone 3 years younger than me, but we were both legal consenting adults, so??

If insecurity is your victim mantle, so be it.

Anyway, I forget sometimes that my husband is older than me. I forget that he had this life as a soldier and traveled abroad quite often. There are many things we get to experience together as a couple, and god willing, he will show me those things and more as we travel together.

sean
06-02-2021, 01:50 PM
I just wanted everyone's opinions on how big of an age difference is acceptable within their relationships..I can see 5 or maybe 7 years tops, but anything over that is extremely odd IMO. So IMO..5-7 years tops and anything over that leads me to think that one of the two people in that relationship has some sort of baggage or psychological issues of some kind..

5+/- year difference doesn't sound too bad. The happiest marriages I've seen are with that kind of age gap.

As you get older and older you start to regard people much younger than you as kids. There's a significant maturity gap which makes the teenage girls really unattractive as far as dating. Unless you never grow up, are trying to relive your childhood, or are otherwise a sexual predator who doesn't care and just wants sex. None of those things are normal for healthy adults though.

https://i.imgur.com/eOIWfjX.jpg

A socially acceptable age gap is half your age + 7. There's literally no advantage to dating a woman your own age either. Older girls seem to always be less-than-ideal. Try dating a woman in her 30s and see how unattached and unbendable in opinion she seems in comparison to her younger counterpart.

It's pretty much a fact that if you make a strong emotional imprint in someone's mind from an earlier age, their dedication to you and their willingness to mend with your personality is much greater.

You'll find the the only people really in large age gap relationships are celebrities who are either both attractive or can identify with each other for being famous.

https://i.imgur.com/qHibilb.png
https://i.imgur.com/brktp8f.jpg

However, for early 90s millennials, age gap dating might be the only solution, as there is a severe shortage of age appropriate women for them to date.

https://i.imgur.com/JknMHAl.png

Assuming men usually date 2 - 5 years younger, men born between 1990 - 1994 are absolutely fucked.

They are going to have to start dating younger as those born in the early 2000s come of age, or else face inceldom for their entire lives.

On the other hand, 25 year olds will date and marry a 30 year old guy, but they'll think twice about dating and marrying a 35 year old guy. However, the 35 year old guy will have a much easier dating and marrying a 30 year old woman.

These days it kinda feels like no one over 35 should be dating anyone under 30. I get a creepy kinda vibe like I'm seeing someone take advantage of a mentally handicapped person or something.