PDA

View Full Version : Relationships between countries

Hurrem sultana
06-06-2012, 07:59 PM
I don't know if we already have this thread

Which countries are traditionally considered "friendly countries" in your country?

Ushtari
06-06-2012, 08:00 PM

Which countries are traditionally considered "friendly countries" in your country?
Friendly: Norway, Finland, Denmark

Unfriendly: Skåne

Beethoven
06-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Finland and Sweden love each other
Estonians love Finland
Norwegians love Denmark and Iceland

usually friendly countrys is always small countrys with small population big countrys usually doesnt have real allys

Hurrem sultana
06-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Friendly: Norway, Finland, Denmark

what about Kosovo,your svenne wannabe?

aimar
06-06-2012, 08:03 PM
none

RoyBatty
06-06-2012, 08:04 PM

For most accurate answers, analyse Eurovision results of last 5 years :D

Enya had so much influence? :D

Hurrem sultana
06-06-2012, 08:04 PM
none

Spain?:confused:

Midori
06-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Greece and Albania.

aimar
06-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Spain?:confused:

not really.
we are kind of indifferent towards each other, and some portuguese actually dislike sparniards

Hurrem sultana
06-06-2012, 08:13 PM
not really.
we are kind of indifferent towards each other, and some portuguese actually dislike sparniards

weird

Virtuous
06-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Malta and Italia:It's complicated :(

xD

Comte Arnau
06-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Friends: None. Unless Andorra is considered a different country.
Enemies: Spain and France.

RoyBatty
06-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Friendly:

Greece - Serbia
Slovenia - Austria
Germany - Turkey (yes yes I know I know.... still, it is relatively friendly)
Germany - Latvia?
UK - Ireland
Albania - Turkey
Denmark - Sweden
Finland - Sweden
Finland - Estonia
Romania - Moldova
Hungary - Germany - Austria?
Netherlands - Flanders part of Belgium
Netherlands - UK
France - UK
Poland - Slovakia
Slovakia - Czech Republic (relatively friendly?)

etc....

Unfriendly:

Greece - Turkey
Rest of Balkans...Almost Everybody against Everybody :D
Russia - Estonia lol :D
Sweden - Norway (no serious problems... just mutual insults mostly)
Poland - Germany
Poland - Russia
Flanders - Wallonia (in Belgium)

The list is obviously incomplete

Hurrem sultana
06-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Friendly:

Greece - Serbia
Slovenia - Austria
Germany - Latvia?
UK - Ireland
Albania - Turkey
Denmark - Sweden
Finland - Sweden
Finland - Estonia
Romania - Moldova
Netherlands - UK
France - UK
Poland - Slovakia

etc....

Unfriendly:

Greece - Turkey
Poland - Germany
Poland - Russia

Bosnia?:D

The Lively Rock
06-06-2012, 08:33 PM
I like Bosnia :P
And Sweden :D
oh and the land of Rock 'N Roll USA, UK
PS- I guess people like Russia around here

derLowe
06-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Balkans = Total Warfare

Vasconcelos
06-07-2012, 01:54 AM
not really.

This isn't really true, Portugal and Spain, despite being histrorical opponents, have one of the strongest friendships and partnerships in Europe at this moment.

If Portuguese are indifferent towards the Spanish, then we're indifferent towards everyone, the relationship along the Raia and neighbour regions is very strong, Lisboners usually don't see this because they live in this little centralized world of theirs, where Portugal ~= Lisbon.

Foxy
06-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Apparently in 2007 The Netherlands were voted "Italy's best friend".

http://archivio-radiocor.ilsole24ore.com/articolo-535874/paesi-bassi-premiati-amici/

The title has been reached thank to 3 factors:
1. The Dutch newspaper Nrc Handelsblad dedicated huge space to the Italian cinema;
2. The Dutch site Cheffen.nl has opened a new page dedicated totally to the Italian eno-gastronomic traditions;
3. The fashion franchising Pauw Uomo, that has 27 stores in the main Dutch cities, specialized in Italian brands.

Corvus
06-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Best relationship of all contries in Europe is between Germany and Austria

Foxy
06-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Best relationship of all contries in Europe is between Germany and Austria

Ofc, they are the same people. Then also Italy and San Marino. :D

Graham
06-07-2012, 12:46 PM
These Places, they buy our stuff. ;)

Scotland's top export markets:
USA - £3.5 billion
Netherlands £2.4 billion
France - £1.5 billion
Germany - £1.3 billion

ficuscarica
06-07-2012, 12:47 PM
What does Scotland export?

Rron
06-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Friendly:

Greece - Serbia
Slovenia - Austria
Germany - Latvia?
UK - Ireland
Albania - Turkey
Denmark - Sweden
Finland - Sweden
Finland - Estonia
Romania - Moldova
Netherlands - UK
France - UK
Poland - Slovakia

etc....

Unfriendly:

Greece - Turkey
Poland - Germany
Poland - Russia

I see that your only source are internet forums.

Graham
06-07-2012, 12:50 PM
What does Scotland export?
Whisky, Fish, Gas & Oil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Scotland

Food and beverages - £4 billion
Chemicals - £3 billion
Business services - £2.5 billion
Electrical and instrument engineering - £1.9 billion
Mechanical engineering - £1.6 billion

Corvus
06-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Apart from Germany our big brother
Austria has very good relationships with following countries:

Italy
Switzerland
Croatia
Serbia
Netherlands

Dilberth
06-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Apart from Germany our big brother
Austria has very good relationships with following countries:

Italy
Switzerland
Croatia
Serbia
Netherlands

What about Slovenia?

Corvus
06-07-2012, 01:03 PM
What about Slovenia?

It`s good but not excellent because of some unsolved minortiy issues like
bilinigual road signs etc.

Rron
06-07-2012, 01:07 PM
what about Kosovo,
In diplomatic level we are unfriendly only with Serbia ,while in general you know our relationship.
Even with those countries of EU which didnt recognise us we dont have any bad diplomatic relationship attitude toward them or they toward us, for example Greece didnt recognise our independence but they recognised our passports.

Onur
06-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Friendly countries in Balkans;
Albania, Bosnia, Romania, Croatia, Macedonia, Kosova. But Albanians perceives Turkey and Turks as a threat or as a rival to their Albanianism goals in Balkans. Some Macedonians also considers being friendly to Turkey as a betrayal to their former Serbian masters.

Rest of Europe;
Poland and Hungary are the only friendly countries to Turkey and we are neutral with the rest. Tough Austria, France, Holland, Belgium, sometimes being hostile.

Enemies;
Only Greece. They regard Turkey as a sole enemy of hellenism.

Rron
06-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Albania, Bosnia, Romania, Croatia, Macedonia, Kosova. But Albanians perceives Turkey and Turks as a threat or as a rival to their Albanianism goals in Balkans. Some Macedonians also considers being friendly to Turkey as a betrayal to their former Serbian masters.

Rest of Europe;
Poland and Hungary are the only friendly countries to Turkey and we are neutral with the rest. Tough Austria, France, Holland, Belgium, sometimes being hostile.

Enemies;
Is this what you are trying to say, that we are trying to take entire Balkan and while only our rivals and those which can stop us are turks which probably have ''same goals'' since even their era had gone but their diplomatic policy toward balkan didnt change , if i misunderstood you elaborate please.

iNird
06-07-2012, 01:22 PM
I see that your only source are internet forums.

Turkey and Albania do have friendly relations in terms of diplomatic relations. It helps that Albania doesn't border Turkey or it would be a different story.

:p

In terms of Albania (not speaking on diplomatic relationships but the perception the population has towards other states) I'd say Italy and America are most liked. After that are some Western European countries and Turkey.

Turks ruled Albanians (and the rest of the Balkans) for over 500 years. That is biggest reason why Albanians are weary of Turks (and the rest of the Balkans for that matter.) What you are describing relates more to Macedonia and Kosovo, Albania doesn't have that issue.

Otherwise I have only heard of positive reactions when Albanians visit Turkey and everytime I meet a Turk they only have good things to say about Albanians. Turkey also recognized Kosovo so that helps.

Linet
06-07-2012, 01:32 PM
We love Serbia :eyes: and we feel sympathy for Russia :)

Enemies;

You are really hurting my feelings now :love0045:... you know so little about us....:disapproving

Strange as it may sound, of course we dislike Turkey, we dont hate Turkey...
We consider you a threat because of your size and aggresiveness but we dont consider you clever enough to beat us. So we believe we can face you and thus you are an enemy- in general terms- but not THE enemy...
If you ask any Greek and i mean any... he will consider Israel to be the great threat to our existance...We dont expect them to attack but we expect them to arrange things this way that others will attack us p.e Turkey or that they will do the right backstage movements for us to have crazy and totally not logical problems p.e Fyrom...
Greeks wont say they hate Turkey, they will say they hate Israel...

No matter who, people i share my ideology or people we disagree in everything...poeple who love politics or hate political life... all Greeks consider Israel as their enemy... not Turkey... we are afraid of the hand that throws the rock and not the rock itself... and in this case, Turkey is the rock...(of course i ll do whatever i can for the rock not to hit me or not to be near my enemy...but thats another story..)

Onur
06-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Is this what you are trying to say, that we are trying to take entire Balkan and while only our rivals and those which can stop us are turks which probably have ''same goals'' since even their era had gone but their diplomatic policy toward balkan didnt change , if i misunderstood you elaborate please.
No, lol. As i indicated here several times before, Turkey doesn't have any intention to take over Balkans or something like that. Wth we gonna do with a place full of problems and severe underdevelopment issues?

But you Albanians perceive Turkey as such, probably because we ruled in there for 450-550 years before. Tough as you said, this is no more.

Albanians in Macedonia and Kosova adopted all the Ottoman monuments as their own, just look at the old mosques in there, there are red flags with black eagle like supposedly you did all of these. You also adopted all the muslim people like Bosnians, Turks as your own too, considering them as assimilated Albanians in denial.

So, you guys are in panic and fearing of losing it when you hear the word "Turks". You probably fear that Turks might get their former status back in Balkans at least back among muslim people`s mind because you Albanians hijacked our former status in there since 1912. You just don't wanna lose that and fear of the return of the "former boss" in to the arena.

Turkey and Albania do have friendly relations in terms of diplomatic relations. It helps that Albania doesn't border Turkey or it would be a different story.
Yes, regardless of anything, Albania and turkey are friendly to each other. What would happen for you if we would share a border with you? I think if Albania would occupy the current place of Bulgaria, sharing border with Turkey, then you would be 10 times more richer and in much better condition than you are now, few Turkish businessmen`s investment would be enough for that.

You are really hurting my feelings now :love0045:... you know so little about us....:disapproving
Linet, you do same mistake as other Greeks in this forum does. Whenever i speak about Greece, i always speak about your state`s official policies but i am not talking about ordinary Greek people.

I have no problem with ordinary Greek people. I know few Greek people myself and i have absolutely no problem with them. If i go to some foreign country, i am sure that i would try to find a Greek in there to have some chat and pass a good time.

it`s just i find you so much passive, easygoing, careless against your state`s hostile actions towards Turkey. You are playing doable-faced against us. You guys are friendly to us in private, ofc it`s difficult for a Greek and a Turk to not settle and enjoy each other in private because we have so many similarities. But after we say yasas/güle güle to each other, you go back and support anti-Turkish policies in Greece.

Foxy
06-07-2012, 01:40 PM
On what do you base when you list the countries?
In the case of Italy these are the countries that are officially allied with Italy nowadays.

Austria;
Belgio;
Bulgaria;
Cyprus;
Estonia;
Greece;
Ireland;
Latvia;
Lithuania;
Malta;
The Netherlands;
Poland;
Portugal;
Czech Republik;
Slovenja;
Turkey;
Hungary;
Brazil;
Canada;
China.

But the main commercial partners are probably Russia and China.

Vasconcelos
06-07-2012, 01:43 PM
But the main commercial partners are probably Russia and China.

It's Germany and France, according to wiki.

Foxy
06-07-2012, 01:55 PM
It's Germany and France, according to wiki.

Give me the link, please. I was trying to find it but I couldn't. Germany and France makes more sense.

Linet
06-07-2012, 02:10 PM
You are playing doable-faced against us. You guys are friendly to us in private, ofc it`s difficult for a Greek and a Turk to not settle and enjoy each other in private because we have so many similarities. But after we say yasas/güle güle to each other, you go back and support anti-Turkish policies in Greece.

What is anti -Turkish? To not give you whatever you ask when it belongs to us?
You have casus-belli on Greece for a right all countries on this planet have due to international law... and you threaten us with war in order not to ask for it....
Of course i ll be totally anti-Turkish on that... Also how about the illegall occupation on Cyprus? How about our islands that you all the time come and demand something from them?
What about us? What do we ask from you? ...let me think... Nonthing.... Just to leave us alone...

Rron
06-07-2012, 02:11 PM
No, lol. As i indicated here several times before, Turkey doesn't have any intention to take over Balkans or something like that. Wth we gonna do with a place full of problems and severe underdevelopment issues?
But you said you perceive us like rivals , thats why your statement was very suggestive and directed me in that conclusion .

But you Albanians perceive Turkey as such, probably because we ruled in there for 450-550 years before. Tough as you said, this is no more.
I need to explain you that Albanianism was deffensive stance of our identity in time when incentives for religious disruption from all the sides were in highest point, and if those incentives would take place among us consequences would be not repairable for Albanian identity.

Albanians in Macedonia and Kosova adopted all the Ottoman monuments as their own, just look at the old mosques in there, there are red flags with black eagle like supposedly you did all of these.
No, the black eagle is there to show that they are Albanians before everything else.

You also adopted all the muslim people like Bosnians, Turks as your own too, considering them as assimilated Albanians in denial.
Several times discussed earlier

So, you guys are in panic and fearing of losing it when you hear the word "Turks". You probably fear that Turks might get their former status back in Balkans at least back among muslim people`s mind because you Albanians hijacked our former status in there since 1912.
Your status was invader

You just don't wanna lose that and fear of the return of the "former boss" in to the arena.
If you think so!

Vasconcelos
06-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Give me the link, please. I was trying to find it but I couldn't. Germany and France makes more sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Italy

Main export partners:
Germany 12.6%, France 11.57%, United States 5.92%, Spain 5.69%, United Kingdom 5.13%, Switzerland 4.69%

Main import partners:
Germany 16.68%, France 8.82%, China 6.53%, Netherlands 5.63%, Spain 4.3%, Russia 4.12%, Belgium 4.08%

Rouxinol
06-07-2012, 02:25 PM
This thread has already been done before.

Onur
06-07-2012, 02:38 PM
But you said you perceive us like rivals , thats why your statement was very suggestive and directed me in that conclusion.
My statement was about general idea of Albanians, was not specifically directed to you. And lol, when did i say that we consider Albanians as rivals? You cannot be a rival to us in any case, this is laughable but you consider Turkey as such.

I need to explain you that Albanianism was deffensive stance of our identity in time when incentives for religious disruption from all the sides were in highest point, and if those incentives would take place among us consequences would be not repairable for Albanian identity.
Yes, it`s a defensive stance and you see as as a threat to your aims in Balkans as well as a threat to your identity.

No, the black eagle is there to show that they are Albanians before everything else.
OK but put down your flag on top of your buildings but not on top Ottoman era buildings. If you do that, i see that as a sign of adoption and hijacking.

As i said here before, you Albanians have a tendency to adopt whatever useful left from Ottoman era for yourself, like old monuments and even the muslim people themselves but you dismiss all the bad memories of it and distance yourselves from those and leave all these to the "big bad Turks".

Rron
06-07-2012, 02:52 PM
My statement was about general idea of Albanians, was not specifically directed to you. And lol, when did i say that we consider Albanians as rivals? You cannot be a rival to us in any case, this is laughable but you consider Turkey as such.
I know that it was about Albanians in general , i didnt say that you consider us rivals i mentioned your words where you said that Albanians see Turks as rivals thats why i said it was suggestive.

Yes, it`s a defensive stance and you see as as a threat to your aims in Balkans as well as a threat to your identity.
Now you changed your words about us from your first statements when you tend to portray us like some threat in balkan in to those which arethreatened, and i assure you that today Albanians dont see you like threat to our identity, because our ties are strong now thanks to Albanianism ,its not that time anymore when you prohibited our schools just to realize your political goals, Onur balkan is not anymore in 14 century realize that.

OK but put down your flag on top of your buildings but not on top Ottoman era buildings. If you do that, i see that as a sign of adoption and hijacking.
Interesting we despise religion , during all our history we were in war with religion while you see those flags in those buildings like adopting of your buildings, no dont worry that will not happen ?

Incal
06-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Friendly: Brazil and Colombia.

Unfriendly: Chile and sometimes Ecuador

Retarded: Bolivia

Rereg
06-07-2012, 03:06 PM
I think Poland have friendly relations with Hungary, Slovakia an Czech Republic. Lithuania and Germany are our problematic neighbors.

Linet
06-07-2012, 03:10 PM

So... Turks dont put their flag on Troy, Ephesus and all the places Greeks built?

Waidewut
06-07-2012, 03:13 PM
I think Poland have friendly relations with Hungary, Slovakia an Czech Republic. Lithuania and Germany are our problematic neighbors.

Historical conflicts do not affect now a day Poland-Lithuania relationship that much. In reality there is a very strong economical cooperation between both countries and they have the same objectives on many things, which make them allies.

Dilberth
06-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Hungary and Austria.

Lena
06-07-2012, 11:08 PM
We love Serbia :eyes: and we feel sympathy for Russia :)

...and Serbia :love0033: Greece

Leliana
06-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Considered as friendly countries to Germany: Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, Denmark, Netherlands, Italy, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Croatia, Slovenia

Unfriendly or problematic relations: Poland, Czech Republic, Bosnia, Albania, Kosovo, Greece, Serbia, Ukraine, Belarus

Anarch
06-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Friendly countries to Australia? Easy, the Anglosphere. Britain, the US and New Zealand. We don't really have much to do with Canada, but they're alright :p Asides from ethnic bonds, Ireland seems to stick to its own backyard and not really care what's going on with its southern diaspora.

Rereg
06-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Unfriendly or problematic relations: Albania, Kosovo

Lol. Germans always supported Albanians against Serbs.

Leliana
06-08-2012, 02:17 PM
The politicians =| the people

Rron
06-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Unfriendly or problematic relations: Albania, Kosovo,
Interesting , what problematic relations you have with Albania first and second with Kosovo in diplomatic level and in general,while knowing fact that Kosovo declares independence only 4 years earlier and one of Kosovo best allies in Europe is actually Germany.

The politicians =| the people
Who chose those politicians ?, in democratic world the vote of people is sovereign therefore every political party which participate in election have certain program and those which win the majority of votes represent majority of people of certain country, and have right to speak in name of their voters, so this your sentence is lame excuse seriously .

Geminus
06-08-2012, 02:50 PM

That has some truth, additionally Germany went to war three times against Serbia in the last century, even though Germany and Serbia actually don't really have that much opposing national interests. It mostly seemed to be an unlucky compilation of events...
It's really not that fortunate to be involved in the Balkans Total War :)

~Nik~
06-08-2012, 03:24 PM
That has some truth, additionally Germany went to war three times against Serbia in the last century, even though Germany and Serbia actually don't really have that much opposing national interests. It mostly seemed to be an unlucky compilation of events...
It's really not that fortunate to be involved in the Balkans Total War :)

I tend to accept this fact, the western troops currently stationed in Kosovo as occupators have been mandated by NATO after all.

Germany today is nothing less than the servant of the atlanticism.

Rereg
06-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Germany today is nothing less than the servant of the atlanticism.

Not quite, Germany are the biggest european economical partner for USA. During the last war in former Yougoslavia Germans gave weapon from former German Democratic Republic army for Albanians and Croats.

~Nik~
06-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Not quite, Germany are the biggest european economical partner for USA. During the last war in former Yougoslavia Germans gave weapon from former German Democratic Republic army for Albanians and Croats.

I know, but it is a bit more complicated in reality. It was wartime and the Nazi Germany had little time to spend to the balkanic problems, they selected those who had presented to them as useful, don't believe that Serbia was basically in bias in this conflict, in Serbia there were at that time allies of Germany, as well as bands of Communists and Chetniks from all sides. And finally, according to some sources, the behavior of Ustashas and Albanian warbands were not so brilliant that they want to believe.

Minesweeper
06-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Russia and Greece.

More recently, Spain, Italy, Slovakia, Poland, Romania, etc.

Rereg
06-08-2012, 05:07 PM
And finally, according to some sources, the behavior of Ustashas and Albanian warbands were not so brilliant that they want to believe.

I heard a story about Jasenovac and Gradiska Stara... Anyway Germans made big shit in Balkan penisula. Good luck, I sorry for dumb modern polish foreign policy in balkan penisula.

~Nik~
06-08-2012, 05:14 PM
I heard a story about Jasenovac and Gradiska Stara... Anyway Germans made big shit in Balkan penisula. Good luck, I sorry for dumb modern polish foreign policy in balkan penisula.

I don't see what are these policies. I don't care anymore about politics.

Damião de Góis
06-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Lisboners usually don't see this because they live in this little centralized world of theirs, where Portugal ~= Lisbon.

Well it is, in a way :D

We are far from the border too. Same happens in Madrid i'm sure.

Peyrol
06-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Historical friends (excluding obviously WWII): France, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Greece, San Marino, UK, Germany, Argentina, Uruguay, Brasil and the Netherlands.

Major modern economical partners? Germany, France, Russia, Kazakhstan, Lybia, U.S.A., balkan states, Uk, and some others.

Vasconcelos
06-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Well it is, in a way :D

We are far from the border too. Same happens in Madrid i'm sure.

Yep, all true.