PDA

View Full Version : What do you think happens when you die?

IConnor
06-08-2012, 01:31 PM
What do you think happens when you die?

Aces High
06-08-2012, 01:34 PM
They bury you.

You decompose.

Anything else you want to know...?

Paluga
06-08-2012, 01:40 PM
My soul will leave my body,that's for sure. Than God decides what will happen to me.

Barreldriver
06-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Come back alive and ask for water?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/dead-boy-wakes-up-and-asks-for-water-at-own-funeral-in-brazil/story-e6frf7n6-1226386975762

ricko0812
06-08-2012, 02:07 PM
live it up because you will never exist again:thumb001:

Chego
06-08-2012, 02:07 PM
My soul leaves my body, and goes to some sort of higher-dimention world.

Anarch
06-08-2012, 02:17 PM
A lawyer reads out my will and my property is divided up. Then I'm buried and the worms get to work.

Onur
06-08-2012, 02:18 PM
First, bugs and worms will eat your body and you will be useful to the plants by enriching the soil. Then your relatives will come to your remaining skeleton from time to time and leave flowers on your grave.

Btw, enriching the soil is useful too but do something better and donate your organs.

arcticwolf
06-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Ok. Look at nature, what happens to everything? It gets recycled one way or another. Why would the law that rules everything, the law of cause and effect work for humans any different than for everything else? Now, granted we don't know the whole reality so we base our opinions on what we can experience. Why would the law of cause and effect not work on the part of reality that we still don't know. Why would it not work in the moral sphere. Introduce Big Ghost in the sky and it changes things and throws everything out of balance. I'll go with the law of cause and effect, we get recycled. Everything else does not make sense.

Siginulfo
06-08-2012, 02:39 PM
My soul will leave my body, then it will enter in another body, that of a newly conceived child. That child will be the representation of all I did in my life; in short, I will reincarnate in the form of a nigger if I did bad things in my life, and that of an upper caste white [not necessarily Indian] if I did good things.

Osprey
06-08-2012, 02:54 PM
You are judged by a higher power and then reincarnated as some worm or another human depending on your actions.

Drawing-slim
06-08-2012, 02:56 PM
live it up because you will never exist again:thumb001:So whats the point of working so hard to live it up?
Since we all never will exist again no one gonna come back and tell on us about our once shity existence:D

I believe our souls will leave our body and travel the universe with the speed of light. This long journey through the cosmos will be the equivalence of pearly gates and see things in perspective.
No better refalctions then through long journeys, and this one will be a long one:P

Barreldriver
06-08-2012, 02:58 PM
I know how to find the answer to this question, one must first die. Who wants to race? :D

Breedingvariety
06-08-2012, 03:02 PM
You wake up.

Sabinae
06-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Everything else carries on...

Teyrn
06-08-2012, 03:11 PM
I'll find out (or not) when I die.

Dacul
06-10-2012, 09:46 AM
This:
ZhX2ALfqIso
If you want a little explanation about the original verses of the melody is a combination of christianity with old norse religion.
In old norse religion after death people who were righteous were said to have sex with some godess and I understood from some norwegian woman that for woman they are also supposed to have sex with some male god.
"Send me your salva to heal my scars" is a combination of english with salva being taken from swedish,meaning ointment.
Check the original lyrics here:
http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/nightwish/angelsfallfirst.html#4
Is not anything about a love between a man and a woman,people missunderstood it,because they did not paid attention to "send me your salva to heal my scars" which is a prayer to God;
they also neglected:
"The nightwish I sent you centuries ago
/has been heard by those who dwelled in a woe."

And they also neglected:
"The distance of our bridal bed
Await for me to be dead
Dust of the galaxies take my hand
Lead me to my beloved's land"
And at the final:
"Above the universe
Beneath the Great Eye
I shall desire you forevermore"
There happens when she/he got to the land of his beloved,which is "above the universe/Beneath the Greay Eye".
The Great Eye is an icon of Holy Trinity.

Corvus
06-10-2012, 09:47 AM
I don`t know but I am going to find it out soon.

Nurzat
06-10-2012, 09:50 AM
you rot, your wife fucks some lame acquaintance, your kids dispute over the few money left... in two decades nobody remembers your face if not looking at pictures... as pictures are not on paper anymore, yours will be surely lost... you will live less than your ancestors in the thoughts of the others and will be sooner forgotten...

Foxy
06-10-2012, 10:00 AM
The humans are a Thought that crosses the generations.

Contra Mundum
06-10-2012, 10:11 AM
They bury you.

You decompose.

Anything else you want to know...?

I hope to break with tradition and be cremated. I really don't want to become worm food.

Aces High
06-10-2012, 10:16 AM
I hope to break with tradition and be cremated. I really don't want to become worm food.

I would like to be burnt in a viking longboat...with all the neccessary provisions to help me along when i get to valhala.

Loki
06-10-2012, 04:54 PM
The most one can do to die peacefully, is to leave descendants and your memories and genes will pass on to a next generation. THIS is our purpose for living, and the purpose of any other living being.

People who say they don't want children are kidding themselves, and will regret it one day on their deathbeds :rolleyes2:

leisitox
06-10-2012, 04:59 PM
2 things could happen IMO(3 option too):

You die, all your items are destroyed or lost, your lvls are lost and your talents too.
Then all is black, theres your rating and theres the try again or game over, you decide.

Or you just awake from a bad-good dream(depends of your life in general in this dream) and live the real reality again.

Or the last option:
After you are dead, you dont exist, you thought you were a intelligent-soul being but you were only a robot.

sturmwalkure
06-10-2012, 05:10 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m377qectTi1qb5esko1_500.gif

Nurzat
06-10-2012, 05:37 PM
each living organism is an uninterrupted life chain three billion years old. dying without inheritors stops a three billion years old uninterrupted chain of life... the genes must be taken to the next generation. as percentage in the whole DNA code out there, white european genes are losing ground... losing without regaining means extinction, in the end, little by little until the very end...

sturmwalkure
06-10-2012, 06:30 PM
I don`t know but I am going to find it out soon.

Elaborate? I am worried... soon as in? :worried1:

Loki
06-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Elaborate? I am worried... soon as in? :worried1:

he's joking

Loki
06-10-2012, 07:26 PM
rw8RzTe_8YE

Kazimiera
06-10-2012, 08:18 PM
This is a subject which has been close to my heart, especially during the time that I have been sick.

I read an interesting book called "Nearing Death Awareness" by Mary Anne Sanders.

As opposed to a Near Death Experience where the person is clinically dead and "comes back", near death awareness is what the dying experience as their death draws closer.

During this time it is as if the veil which divides our reality from "another realm" gets lifted and the person begins to live in both realms, getting closer to the one and slowly departing from the other.

Also, during this time the person may experience the presence of loved ones, or even religious figures whilst still alive. And unlike a hallucination the person can switch between realms at will.

The book also covers the death of atheists who believe that there is no God and that when they are dead its over. They also experience a sense of peace and stillness as their death nears. They may not see religious figures, or angels but they also see their death as special.

Much research has been done on Nearing Death Awareness across the world. Ranging from dying children of ages 5 and up, to men and women of all ages, across the world, across races and religions all seem to experience similar things as their death approaches.

What happens afterwards no-one can tell, but judging by the words of the dying who know better than anyone else, one can say that it is good and peaceful.

No matter how the person dies, whether it be a long drawn-out affair like cancer, a car accident or a violent death, at the very moment of death there is no pain and absolute peace.

This gives me hope that I am going to somewhere good. If my loved ones are going to be there, who have walked this road before me then I have nothing to fear.

On the topic of what happens afterwards, I don't know. I think perhaps our souls are like a drop in a huge universe of souls. We join the ocean that we came from.

sturmwalkure
06-10-2012, 09:03 PM
he's joking

I was thinking he was going to do something to himself.... never mind. I missed the dark humor there I guess. :D

Linet
06-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Some people here still have hope...:rose:
I dont...:dunno:
I believe death is the end :goodnight:... soul and etc are nothing but stories that sooth our pain...:baby2000:

SilverKnight
06-10-2012, 09:25 PM

Want to really know ? :)

You're soul is connected to your body (by an thin energy string, I seen mines in my out of body experiences :)) until a certain period of time (Notice time feels longer in the spiritual realm).

If your time has being decided by yours and/ or the universal spiritual consciousness for you to depart and not resuscitate, then you will die with no return.

You will go trough a tunnel and eventually end up surrounded with light (it depends on the person where they will go, what they did and such. People who kill themselves stay on Earth for some time, or what they call your own hell, and possible retrograde in spiritual experiences).

Sometimes your souls may stay trapped on Earth (as a ghost) until you have finally liberated yourself.

You may end up with the eternal light, trapped in darkness for a certain period of time or reincarnate into a new life form where you will continue developing spiritually for a long for hundreds, thousands if not possibly millions of years !!

For those who don't believe in the spiritual and the after-life.... then... well I can't do much about that only you'll find out eventually...

Linet
06-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Want to really know ? :)

You're soul is connected to your body (by an thin energy string, I seen mines in my out of body experiences :)) until a certain period of time (Notice time feels longer in the spiritual realm).

If your time has being decided by yours and/ or the universal spiritual consciousness for you to depart and not resuscitate, then you will die with no return.

You will go trough a tunnel and eventually end up surrounded with light (it depends on the person where they will go, what they did and such. People who kill themselves stay on Earth for some time, or what they call your own hell, and possible retrograde in spiritual experiences).

Sometimes your souls may stay trapped on Earth (as a ghost) until you have finally liberated yourself.

You may end up with the eternal light, trapped in darkness for a certain period of time or reincarnate into a new life form where you will continue developing spiritually for a long for hundreds, thousands if not possibly millions of years !!

For those who don't believe in the spiritual and the after-life.... then... well I can't do much about that only you'll find out eventually...

I really hope you are right and i am wrong...

SilverKnight
06-10-2012, 09:35 PM
I really hope you are right and i am wrong...

I seen wonders, so I'm 100% sure I am (at least on the spiritual realm) ;)

arcticwolf
06-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Ok let's get real. Whatever reality is it will continue, all beliefs, dreams will not. Just as simple as that.

Willem
06-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Your soul will be transferred to another dimension.

StonyArabia
06-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Hell or Hevean this what I believe. The wicked people go to hell, and the good to hevean.

Meerkat.86
06-10-2012, 09:49 PM
I'll be food for worms.

Loki
06-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Some people here still have hope...:rose:
I dont...:dunno:
I believe death is the end :goodnight:... soul and etc are nothing but stories that sooth our pain...:baby2000:

I agree Linet. There is nothing after death. It is as if we were never born. What was it like before you were born? I don't know. You just didn't exist. Same will be after you have died :)

We like to soothe our consciences in order to believe that we will somehow live happily ever after. But who are we kidding? We are not immortal :) Just a brief moment of life in the space of time. We must just mae the most of it and leave descendants. Who knows ... in future ...

Linet
06-10-2012, 10:56 PM
I agree Linet. There is nothing after death. It is as if we were never born. What was it like before you were born? I don't know. You just didn't exist. Same will be after you have died :)

We like to soothe our consciences in order to believe that we will somehow live happily ever after. But who are we kidding? We are not immortal :) Just a brief moment of life in the space of time. We must just mae the most of it and leave descendants. Who knows ... in future ...

i really believe that....but on the other hand i really hope we are wrong..:(

Damiăo de Góis
06-10-2012, 10:58 PM
We roth under the ground. There's nothing more after that... unless you believe in Zombies? :p

SilverKnight
06-11-2012, 02:16 AM
People say "but was after we where born " ? "nothing I don't recall anything", off course you won't silly, because it's part of the cycle of souls, is very rare for a soul to carry vivid memories with it (it doesn't have a physical brain like our bodies).

However, there have been few cases where people have remembered their past lives/ events, but it takes plenty of life experiences and energy for this to occur. Souls carry experience-memory with them but that's about it. Imagine a huge collector or sponge that absorves materials, well that's how our soul works to put in into simple words. Just as we have the cycle of life in the physical world, there's one in the spiritual one.

With all the spiritual/ ghostly experiences I had in this apartment is very hard to even imagine the spiritual isn't true and I can't believe how many people don't believe in this :0

Supreme American
06-11-2012, 02:17 AM
My soul will leave my body,that's for sure. Than God decides what will happen to me.

I guess something sort of like this?

Kalitas
06-11-2012, 02:23 AM
you decompose, and then your components return to the life cycle once again

SilverKnight
06-11-2012, 02:28 AM
you decompose, and then your components return to the life cycle once again

Yes your body decomposes as it's physical. Your essence, the energy that you are, that doesn't, it exists for ever on. :)

Kalitas
06-11-2012, 02:41 AM
Yes your body decomposes as it's physical. Your essence, the energy that you are, that doesn't, it exists for ever on. :)

I really don' t believe in the existence of the soul, except in a poetic and symbolic way. I've lost my faith a long time ago

SilverKnight
06-11-2012, 03:00 AM
I really don' t believe in the existence of the soul, except in a poetic and symbolic way. I've lost my faith a long time ago

Understandable, It happened to me as well, when I went from Christianity to Atheism, I eventually realized I was wrong and that the spiritual exists when we began to experience things moving in our apartment, lights flickering, saw shadows moving at night and communicated with a ghost (speaking of, actually the light in my kitchen turned off by itself about a few minutes ago after I turned on, it's the spirit of a men who was born here in 1800's).

But I don't believe that a deity is in heaven caring about every single thing we do, I'm a Pandeist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandeism)...

Just because you don't have any religion nor believe in any god/s, doesn't mean the spiritual has to be out of the question. Sometimes when we decide to quit a faith we take with it our believes in the spiritual, which can be effectively separated with that of an all controlling deity.

Angus
06-11-2012, 03:37 AM
Your body rots. :coffee:

Source: Worked at an Undertaker's.

Linet
06-11-2012, 08:19 AM
If my consiouseness is gone...what different does it make if i leave behind me an energy good enough to boil an egg? :grumpy:

rhiannon
06-11-2012, 08:23 AM
I believe in some kind of afterlife, for to not believe and to think we just return to the dust we emerged from is for me, very depressing.

I don't believe in Heaven or Hell, however.

Iloko
11-29-2016, 03:59 AM
Some form of afterlife

LoLeL
12-13-2016, 12:06 PM
Reincarnation

Kriptc06
12-13-2016, 12:12 PM
warms will eat my flesh and only my bones will be there

Iloko
10-11-2017, 06:28 AM
I believe in immortality

Finnish Swede
10-11-2017, 06:50 AM
Nothing. That's the end. Hopefully someone will bury me.

Humans religions have born because ''avarage'' humans can not handle that information. Humans are the only species which are aware of their own deaths all their living time (except the first years as babies). That's just too big load to carry...for most of the humans.

AphroditeWorshiper
10-11-2017, 06:57 AM
well, if you die by natural causes you go to Helheim, if you die in battle you go to Vallhalla drink Mead with Odin

Finnish Swede
10-11-2017, 07:04 AM
well, if you die by natural causes you go to Helheim, if you die in battle you go to Vallhalla drink Mead with Odin

LOL.

Linebacker
10-11-2017, 07:19 AM
Many atheists as do I believe after death come answers.

You get to understand everything about the universe,how everything came to be,you see all the past of this planet and all the others,and you get to roam the universe as a free particle for all time.

This kind of views are getting adopted from the New Age movements,and they have taken them from the accounts of people who were clinically dead and then revived,or have been in coma,who described having such experiences,but interestingly none of their experiences match anything from any holy book,and most of them were religious people.

Óttar
10-11-2017, 07:34 AM
Many atheists as do I believe after death come answers.

You get to understand everything about the universe,how everything came to be,you see all the past of this planet and all the others,and you get to roam the universe as a free particle for all time.
Where would consciousness come from to do this? When my grandmother developed dementia, she became like a baby and wanted to go back to New Jersey where she was born, but hadn't lived in for decades. Where did her mature adult personality go?

Such a theory is just as non-empirical as any idea of an afterlife, heaven, etc.

Linebacker
10-11-2017, 07:41 AM
Where would consciousness come from to do this? When my grandmother developed dementia, she became like a baby and wanted to go back to New Jersey where she was born, but hadn't lived in for decades. Where did her mature adult personality go?

Such a theory is just as non-empirical as any idea of an afterlife, heaven, etc.

It's proven that nothing ever gets out of the human brain,everything we ever saw in all our life is in there,we just don't have access to it.

Your grandma's real self didn't go anywhere,it's still in there,but just blocked out by the disease.

Even in people with split personality disorder,both personas are always active,just one is suppressed and the other one is in control.

wvwvw
10-11-2017, 07:44 AM
My soul leaves my body, and goes to some sort of higher-dimention world.

+1

Óttar
10-11-2017, 07:56 AM
It's proven that nothing ever gets out of the human brain,everything we ever saw in all our life is in there,we just don't have access to it.

Your grandma's real self didn't go anywhere,it's still in there,but just blocked out by the disease.

Even in people with split personality disorder,both personas are always active,just one is suppressed and the other one is in control.
And after brain-death occurs? What is there for the personality to survive?

Linebacker
10-11-2017, 08:15 AM
And after brain-death occurs? What is there for the personality to survive?

Here is the account of the most famous case of all time,
George Rodonaia,who was dead for several days after being hit by a car and then came back to life when they were about to do an autopsy on him in the morgue.

The first thing I remember about my NDE is that I discovered myself in a realm of total darkness. I had no physical pain, I was still somehow aware of my existence as George, and all about me there was darkness, utter and complete darkness - the greatest darkness ever, darker than any dark, blacker than any black. This was what surrounded me and pressed upon me. I was horrified. I wasn't prepared for this at all. I was shocked to find that I still existed, but I didn't know where I was.

The next thing that happened was that I saw all these molecules flying around, atoms, protons, neutrons, just flying everywhere. On the one hand, it was totally chaotic, yet what brought me such great joy was that this chaos also had its own symmetry. This symmetry was beautiful and unified and whole, and it flooded me with tremendous joy. I saw the universal form of life and nature laid out before my eyes. It was at this point that any concern I had for my body just slipped away, because it was clear to me that I didn't need it anymore, that it was actually a limitation.

Everything in this experience merged together, so it is difficult for me to put an exact sequence to events. Time as I had known it came to a halt; past, present, and future were somehow fused together for me in the timeless unity of life.

During this time the light just radiated a sense of peace and joy to me. It was very positive. I was so happy to be in the light. And I understood what the light meant. I learned that all the physical rules for human life were nothing when compared to this unitive reality. I also came to see that a black hole is only another part of that infinity which is light.