PDA

View Full Version : Should Macedonia change it's name, and if so, to what?

Crn Volk
06-13-2012, 01:21 AM
Should Macedonia change it's name? Please vote.

poiuytrewq0987
06-13-2012, 01:30 AM
Keep name as Republic of Macedonia and restore lost lands to Macedonia.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/37/Macedonia_barbed_wire.jpg/350px-Macedonia_barbed_wire.jpg

El Gre
06-13-2012, 02:51 AM
^^

Keep dreaming , maybe one day you will wake up.

Since the most logical name would be MacedoSlavia but it wont happen cause of all those Albanians the next logical name would be New Macedonia.

After a few decades the Slavs will be known as New Macedonians kind of like people from New Zealand are called New Zealanders.

Everyones happy.

Crn Volk
06-13-2012, 03:28 AM
I think a good analogy here is the Irish example. Republic of Macedonia should remain the name of the independent state, and Greece should change the name of it's province to Southern Macedonia (eg., Northern Ireland in Great Britain vs the independent Republic of Ireland).

Guapo
06-13-2012, 03:36 AM
^^

Since the most logical name would be MacedoSlavia but it wont happen cause of all those Albanians the next logical name would be New Macedonia.

After a few decades the Slavs will be known as New Macedonians kind of like people from New Zealand are called New Zealanders.

Everyones happy.

Why dont you Geeks just let it go? They aren't taking your land like pathetic alnbanian terrorists, the borders are the same. Nobody in the world cares that there's a province in Greece called Macedonia too.

Xenomorph
06-13-2012, 03:36 AM
They should call themselves "Greece."

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120106052215/villains/images/c/c4/TrollFaceDancing.gif

Guapo
06-13-2012, 03:37 AM
They should call themselves "Greece."

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120106052215/villains/images/c/c4/TrollFaceDancing.gif

Ok albanian

Xenomorph
06-13-2012, 04:00 AM
I'm Albanian?! Wow, I learn something new everday!

Guapo
06-13-2012, 04:01 AM
Your posts are reported for trolling and spamming.

Hess
06-13-2012, 04:20 AM
Why should Macedonia change its name? it's perfectly fine the way it is.

Sikeliot
06-13-2012, 04:21 AM

Because some Greeks get offended by it. Duh.

Osprey
06-13-2012, 04:30 AM
Phillpander.

Vojnik
06-13-2012, 04:31 AM

Why should we care if modern Greeks find offense to the name we freely chose after independence from Yugoslavia? I personally don't care what a bunch of bankrupt modern Greeks think, and this should aply to the Macedonian Government which should, as soon as possible, end the name negotiations with Greece and just sit back and watch Greece crumble before there very eyes.

Sikeliot
06-13-2012, 04:31 AM
Why should we care if modern Greeks find offense to the name we freely chose after independence from Yugoslavia? I personally don't care what a bunch of bankrupt modern Greeks think, and this should aply to the Macedonian Government which should, as soon as possible, end the name negotiations with Greece and just sit back and watch Greece crumble before there very eyes.

I was being sarcastic. I don't think it matters if Greeks are offended.. Macedonia is a separate country and can name itself as it pleases.

Drawing-slim
06-13-2012, 04:33 AM
"macedonia"

poiuytrewq0987
06-13-2012, 04:43 AM

Greece:

http://bottledtime.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/crying-baby-in-dress.jpg?w=580

Macedonia:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DALZ0zpXEL4/TH7zdTz7MOI/AAAAAAAABQQ/_TJSQXv7l18/s1600/annoyed-woman.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tptLLXmB4_o/T6MIYzmfHmI/AAAAAAAAOJY/94fFTfhEa2I/s1600/Jerry-Mouse-Facepalm%255B1%255D.jpg

east
06-14-2012, 10:39 AM
It must be part of Bulgaria. Forsake this name changing.

Midori
06-14-2012, 10:42 AM
It must be part of Bulgaria. Forsake this name changing.

In your dreams

Drawing-slim
06-14-2012, 10:50 AM
You guys Should be proud to be called bulgarians. Seriously.
Bulgairans i find to be the most reasonable balkanians today as a whole.
Easy going people, polite in general, honestly i think they're the best balkan nation today.. As far as i've seen.

Queen B
06-14-2012, 06:45 PM
- Vardarska Banovina
- Paionia
- AlbanoBulgaria.

:coffee:

I think a good analogy here is the Irish example. Republic of Macedonia should remain the name of the independent state, and Greece should change the name of it's province to Southern Macedonia (eg., Northern Ireland in Great Britain vs the independent Republic of Ireland).
:rotfl:

I was being sarcastic. I don't think it matters if Greeks are offended.. Macedonia is a separate country and can name itself as it pleases.
Can I create an account in facebook , name myself Michael, and post your photos and act like you?

Crn Volk
06-14-2012, 11:50 PM
- Vardarska Banovina
- Paionia
- AlbanoBulgaria.

:coffee:

:rotfl:

Can I create an account in facebook , name myself Michael, and post your photos and act like you?

You can actually

Njegosh
06-14-2012, 11:59 PM

this, I can't call them Fyromians or anything else. they are Makedonci, living in Makedonia.

Onur
06-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Golden Dawn Candidate Threatens MPs with Physical Violence over Macedonia Name Dispute
During an election meeting of extreme-right Golden Dawn on Monday evening in Floisvos area in South Athens, candidate Ilias Panagiotaros threatened Greek MPs even with physical violence inside the Parliament, should they would open a debate on the issue of the naming dispute with FYROM.

“As a warning we will show them the ANT1 video and if they won’t get it, we will explain to them…, ” Panagiotaros stressed with a very clear by implied threat.

Concerning the health care sector and the social benefits, the candidate who aims to get a seat at the Greek Parliament said:

“If Chrysi Avgi enters the Parliament, it will storm hospitals and nurseries and throw on the streets the ‘illegal immigrants’ and their children to make place for Greeks.” (protothema, )

http://img.protothema.gr/825FE55416508025E806C14A49949D3D.jpg

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2012/06/12/golden-dawn-candidate-threatens-mps-with-physical-violence-over-macedonia-name-dispute/

The "ANT1 video" he was talking about was the one with Golden Dawn MP punching the women on live tv.

Queen B
06-15-2012, 08:25 PM
You can actually
Yes, of course I can, but that doesn't mean that is right.

Archduke
06-15-2012, 08:39 PM
It should remain.

o__o
04-02-2013, 01:51 PM
New Macedonia sounds cool.

Alexq
04-03-2013, 12:05 PM
^^

Everyones happy.

Remember, most people living in Macedonia today, have origins from Aegean Macedonia, so we are Macedonians, while those people living today there have Turkish origins... I dont know why refer to us as "slavs" where if you mean by us being "immigrants" on the balkan, then we are slavs as much as you are slav, since the territory of present day greece was populated by slavs too, and there are slavic toponyms all over greece. When greece took over 'aegean macedonia' changed all macedonian aka "slavic" toponyms to greek, while it didnt change any of those alrady being slavic there across the rest of greece, and there are more than in our country today, why? By the way, since we are mostly dinarics,pontids and alpines, we arent different from you at all, but your church and government spreads hatred towards us, as even dubbing us "slavs", and making us look like we are from a different planet... The name should stay Macedonia, and the childish game about the name should finally end

Arbėrori
04-03-2013, 12:06 PM
Macedonia should remain Macedonia, but under two states, Albania and Bulgaria that is. You can be whatever regionalists you want under yout mother's wings, my dear Bulgarian friends from Macedonia.

Alexq
04-03-2013, 12:12 PM
^^

Everyones happy.

And even let's imagine we are"immigrants" or descendants of "slavs" as you claim, still we would be Macedonians, since slavic migration happened over 1400 years ago, and cause as soon as you get born on the land, your nationality is whatever its your country's name, so if I was born in greece, i would have been greek, if born in england, english, born in macedonia, macedonian :thumb001:

Alexq
04-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Macedonia should remain Macedonia, but under two states, Albania and Bulgaria that is. You can be whatever regionalists you want under yout mother's wings, my dear Bulgarian friends from Macedonia.

You should be happy wherever you live now, even if your imaginery dream happens, you still would not move back to macedonia, so technically you have no right to give suggestions of wars that other people will die, not you, cause you are scared. If you and bugarash want so much that to happen, come to macedonia, and try to achieve it, not from the internet, pussies...

Arbėrori
04-03-2013, 12:23 PM
You should be happy wherever you live now, even if your imaginery dream happens, you still would not move back to macedonia, so technically you have no right to give suggestions of wars that other people will die, not you, cause you are scared. If you and bugarash want so much that to happen, come to macedonia, and try to achieve it, not from the internet, pussies...

You're wrong, 1st of all, I own two houses and an apartment in Macedonia. 2nd, noone was speaking of war here, are you insane? 3rd, it will be achieved in a peaceful matter, stop badmouthing your grandparents already.

No wonder, you start insulting people once you're out of arguments, but watch your language, I am a moderator afterall, matey! :wink

Baluarte
04-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Doesn't matter.

FYROM is a State that cannot work long term. Even today it depends mostly on international aid and transfers from its diaspora.

With the booming birth rate of Albanians, the total support of Atlanticism (who has military presence in the country) to the UCK and the fact FYROM has bad relations with all of its neighbours apart Serbia, will result in either division (split between Bulgaria and Albania), or even a full takeover by Albanians.

IMO, the name should just be Vardaria for that region. Macedonia is divided today between Greece, Bulgaria and FYROM.

Hayalet
04-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Keep as it is, but Macedonians should probably leave ancient Macedonians alone, who were a Hellenic people unlike themselves.

Alexq
04-03-2013, 09:47 PM
You're wrong, 1st of all, I own two houses and an apartment in Macedonia. 2nd, noone was speaking of war here, are you insane? 3rd, it will be achieved in a peaceful matter, stop badmouthing your grandparents already.

No wonder, you start insulting people once you're out of arguments, but watch your language, I am a moderator afterall, matey! :wink

Over my dead body isnt "peacuful" my friend...also you are right, Im wasting time arguing with you hahah I mean you still in high school dude, what do u know about the real world, your a kid, your mum is still probably giving a bath, and washing your face, and you here are telling me about dividing countries, and ruining peoples life, in a "peaceful" way hahahaha

Alexq
04-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Keep as it is, but Macedonians should probably leave ancient Macedonians alone, who were a Hellenic people unlike themselves.

Well, those "hellenic people" didnt disapear, majority of people in the balkan today are descendants of them, its just being so long, so many empires have conquered the region that people have forgotten about them, so its nothing wrong to be proud of them

Turk
04-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Macedonia should not change its name, but greece can change its name as OOPOMTM (Old Ottoman Pashalıks of Macedonia,Teselya and Mora). Infact Ottomans had about 500 years history over greece, as they claim their ancestor have in Macedonia..

Turk
04-03-2013, 10:31 PM
every Ottoman soldier had right to sack city fpr 3 days after conquest.. so all of you probably has Turkish ancestors.. so you are brother, dont fight!! :P:P Until 1912 whole Macedonia belongs Turks and it has been since 1390s. you cant change history.. not to convert another religion doesnt mean to carry pure blood line.. except Muslim Albanians and Bosniaks every nation in Balkans have strong genetic heritage of Turks..

Crn Volk
04-03-2013, 11:30 PM
every Ottoman soldier had right to sack city fpr 3 days after conquest.. so all of you probably has Turkish ancestors.. so you are brother, dont fight!! :P:P Until 1912 whole Macedonia belongs Turks and it has been since 1390s. you cant change history.. not to convert another religion doesnt mean to carry pure blood line.. except Muslim Albanians and Bosniaks every nation in Balkans have strong genetic heritage of Turks..

Do you have any proof of genetic heritage of Turks in Macedonians?

Arbėrori
04-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Over my dead body isnt "peacuful" my friend...also you are right, Im wasting time arguing with you hahah I mean you still in high school dude, what do u know about the real world, your a kid, your mum is still probably giving a bath, and washing your face, and you here are telling me about dividing countries, and ruining peoples life, in a "peaceful" way hahahaha

Enough to know that nowaday's Macedonians aren't the Ancient Greeks. :lol:

It is possible and it is bound to happen, I'm sorry. :o

dralos
04-03-2013, 11:44 PM
new name for fyrom should be ALBANIA BABY

Vojnik
04-04-2013, 06:20 AM
Doesn't matter.

FYROM is a State that cannot work long term. Even today it depends mostly on international aid and transfers from its diaspora.

With the booming birth rate of Albanians, the total support of Atlanticism (who has military presence in the country) to the UCK and the fact FYROM has bad relations with all of its neighbours apart Serbia, will result in either division (split between Bulgaria and Albania), or even a full takeover by Albanians.

IMO, the name should just be Vardaria for that region. Macedonia is divided today between Greece, Bulgaria and FYROM.

You don't know anything about Macedonia, so why do you comment at all? Economically, Macedonia has been working for the past 21 years, and today Macedonia is at the best condition it has ever been, and growing.

Do you honestly think the malnourished UCK soldiers could stand a chance against the Macedonian armed forces? If they ever wish to divide Macedonia along ethnic lines, the only way they will succeed is with support from the US. Never could they do it on their own. As for our neighbours, Bulgaria would support us as they did in the 2001 conflict.

You can take that name proposal and shuv it up where the sun don't shine. The name Macedonia belongs to the Slavs of Macedonia.

Vojnik
04-04-2013, 06:24 AM

Bullshit. Turkic DNA amongst Balkanites is negligible.

Arbėrori
04-04-2013, 06:25 AM
You don't know anything about Macedonia, so why do you comment at all? Economically, Macedonia has been working for the past 21 years, and today Macedonia is at the best condition it has ever been, and growing.

Do you honestly think the malnourished UCK soldiers could stand a chance against the Macedonian armed forces? If they ever wish to divide Macedonia along ethnic lines, the only way they will succeed is with support from the US. Never could they do it on their own. As for our neighbours, Bulgaria would support us as they did in the 2001 conflict.

You can take that name proposal and shuv it up where the sun don't shine. The name Macedonia belongs to the Slavs of Macedonia.

No, but a proud, well prepared & organized minority can. :wink Our birthrates alone can divide your pityful Makedonskija along ethnic lines, which would also, ironically, be the best for your nation, to join Bulgaria afterall.

The name Macedonia is just a region & the ethnonym Macedonians belongs to the Greeks now.

Vojnik
04-04-2013, 06:32 AM
No, but a proud, well prepared & organized minority can. :wink Our birthrates alone can divide your pityful Makedonskija along ethnic lines, which would also, ironically, be the best for your nation, to join Bulgaria afterall.

The name Macedonia is just a region & the ethnonym Macedonians belongs to the Greeks now.

You can be proud as you want, it still won't make you strong enough to divide a sovereign country, not in this day and age.

If we were to join Bulgaria in a union, the whole of Macedonia would be incorporated. Tetovo, Kicevo and Struga are ours, and they always have been.

Arbėrori
04-04-2013, 06:39 AM
You can be proud as you want, it still won't make you strong enough to divide a sovereign country, not in this day and age.

If we were to join Bulgaria in a union, the whole of Macedonia would be incorporated. Tetovo, Kicevo and Struga are ours, and they always have been.

Oh and you think that Albania and the Albanians would just let that happen?

Are you sure about that?
Last time I checked, the Macedonians there are old & fragile, their occupator era has come to an end. :wink

I think I'll come back atcha when you'll be in Bulgaria. :)

Vojnik
04-04-2013, 06:43 AM
Oh and you think that Albania and the Albanians would just let that happen?

Why not, I thought you loved Bulgaria?

Arbėrori
04-04-2013, 06:43 AM
Why not, I thought you loved Bulgaria?

As a neighbour yes.

Queen B
04-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Its quite the opossite, in fact. Every Turk has genetics from Balkan.

Hoca
04-04-2013, 07:37 AM

If we were to join Bulgaria in a union, the whole of Macedonia would be incorporated. Tetovo, Kicevo and Struga are ours, and they always have been.Even Turks are not full Asian .. there is no such thing as racial purity.. but Turk is probably right what he says.

Arbėrori
04-04-2013, 07:40 AM
Even Turks are not full Asian .. there is no such thing as racial purity.. but Turk is probably right what he says.

There is, you have Caucasoids (us), Mongoloids (East Asians) & the ones in between, a.k.a Turanids (you).

alfieb
04-04-2013, 08:07 AM
I have a compromise that everyone can agree to.

How about just renaming the country to .mk? I don't think the Greeks have ever had any claim to the name .mk, or would dispute the right of .mkdonians to call themselves as such.

Vojnik
04-04-2013, 08:37 AM
I have a compromise that everyone can agree to.

How about just renaming the country to .mk? I don't think the Greeks have ever had any claim to the name .mk, or would dispute the right of .mkdonians to call themselves as such.

That is so retarded. Just mind your own business, Sicilianu.

Vojnik
04-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Even Turks are not full Asian .. there is no such thing as racial purity.. but Turk is probably right what he says.

I did'nt call you Asians, Im just denying the norion that Balkanites have Turkish ancestry, because there is no genetic evidence that suggests we do.

alfieb
04-04-2013, 08:43 AM
That is so retarded. Just mind your own business, Sicilianu.

It is my business, as a citizen of the EU, and your country wishes to join EU, but cannot until name dispute is resolved.

Vojnik
04-04-2013, 08:55 AM
It is my business, as a citizen of the EU, and your country wishes to join EU, but cannot until name dispute is resolved.

Macedonia has nothing to do with you. None of your concern.

Hoca
04-04-2013, 08:56 AM
I did'nt call you Asians, Im just denying the norion that Balkanites have Turkish ancestry, because there is no genetic evidence that suggests we do.

there is .. look in the mirror

Arbėrori
04-04-2013, 08:59 AM
there is .. look in the mirror

:picard2:

alfieb
04-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Macedonia has nothing to do with you. None of your concern.

Macedonia has nothing to do with you, either.

Arbėrori
04-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Are there any known Slavic ethnonyms about Macedonia?

I think Vardarska is not bad, but it's etymology is of Turkish origin.

alfieb
04-04-2013, 09:11 AM

Before becoming part of Serbia in 1913, FYROMacedonia was called Kosovo. :lol:

Alexq
04-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Enough to know that nowaday's Macedonians aren't the Ancient Greeks. :lol:

It is possible and it is bound to happen, I'm sorry. :o

We live in the year 2013, not in "ancient fairy tales" lol its interesting how the balkan its lacking behind the rest of the world cause of idiots like you bothering with "Nowdays macedonians arent the ancient greeks"? everyone in the balkan who is either of dinaric, medditerenean or alpine race, which is like everybody, can have "anceint greek" ancestor, family history goes back 50000 years ago, our ancestors have lived together for all those years, but somebody put invisble line aka border on the map, and everyone takes it so seriously, where beleiving on the other side enemies live, while its the same people...

Arbėrori
04-04-2013, 09:15 AM
We live in the year 2013, not in "ancient fairy tales" lol its interesting how the balkan its lacking behind the rest of the world cause of idiots like you bothering with "Nowdays macedonians arent the ancient greeks"? everyone in the balkan who is either of dinaric, medditerenean or alpine race, which is like everybody, can have "anceint greek" ancestor, family history goes back 50000 years ago, our ancestors have lived together for all those years, but somebody put invisble line aka border on the map, and everyone takes it so seriously, where beleiving on the other side enemies live, while its the same people...

Being Dinaric, Med or Alpine has nothing to do with your ethnic origin. :lol:

5000 years ago? Are you sure about that? Your dad was in Thrace while your mom was in Ukraine, so no.

The reason why the Balkans are behind the rest of Europe is because the Ottomans exploited our lands.

Queen B
04-04-2013, 09:20 AM

If they want to use an ancient name, Paieonia is the suitable one. After all, its indeed within the borders of Paieonian land.

Arbėrori
04-04-2013, 09:22 AM
If they want to use an ancient name, Paieonia is the suitable one. After all, its indeed within the borders of Paieonian land.

Bulgarian Paeonia does sound nice indeed.

Vojnik
04-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Before becoming part of Serbia in 1913, FYROMacedonia was called Kosovo. :lol:

You have no idea what you are talking about, again. Kosovo Vilayet, a region within the Ottoman empire, incorporated not only Macedonia, but also parts of Serbia, Montenegro, and Albania. Do you see your Logic??? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosovo_Vilayet

My ancestors, on the other hand, would of been from the Manastir Vilayet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monastir_vilayet

See how you have no idea? go away.

Arbėrori
04-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Wow, all Albanian inhabited lands. cool. :lol:

Alexq
04-04-2013, 09:48 AM
[QUOTE=Arbėrori;1483090][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=2]Being Dinaric, Med or Alpine has nothing to do with your ethnic origin. :lol:

"Being dinaric, med or alpine has nothing to do with your ethnic origin" - because ethnicities were made up, they are all fairy tales, refering to place where you were born... so after all you are macedonian, when you travel overseas and show your passport, it says macedonia, you can go and tell people around you arent, its your right, but officialy you are macedonian, and nobody in the world cares if you start telling them that you actually are something else... in russia there are so many different people living, different languages, religions, skin colour, and still when they go outside, they are all russian, nobody cares about whether they lived in a tent and were speaking mongolian at home, no one has time for that shit

Arbėrori
04-04-2013, 09:51 AM
"Being dinaric, med or alpine has nothing to do with your ethnic origin" - because ethnicities were made up, they are all fairy tales, refering to place where you were born... so after all you are macedonian, when you travel overseas and show your passport, it says macedonia, you can go and tell people around you arent, its your right, but officialy you are macedonian, and nobody in the world cares if you start telling them that you actually are something else... in russia there are so many different people living, different languages, religions, skin colour, and still when they go outside, they are all russian, nobody cares about whether they lived in a tent and were speaking mongolian at home, no one has time for that shit

Made up? Ethnicities are part of who we are, they also make us unique. Ofcourse you can, you can usually pass among European nations, what's the big deal here?

Yes, but not all people in Russia are Russian, they are of different races for God's sake. :P

Alexq
04-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Made up? Ethnicities are part of who we are, they also make us unique. Ofcourse you can, you can usually pass among European nations, what's the big deal here?

Yes, but not all people in Russia are Russian, they are of different races for God's sake. :P

Only people in the balkan and africa still bother with ehnicities, going back thousands of years to prove who is who lol no one else in the world does, beleive me, its all individualism and will apparently take over the balkan too, maybe not today, but tommorow will...you can hit yourself in your chest as much as u want about being albanian, while when you meet somebody from japan, you will realise your ethnicity is very small compared to the world, and is same as serbian, macedonian, greek etc... and no cares about the difference between them, you are all the same :picard2:

Arbėrori
04-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Only people in the balkan and africa still bother with ehnicities, going back thousands of years to prove who is who lol no one else in the world does, beleive me, its all individualism and will apparently take over the balkan too, maybe not today, but tommorow will...you can hit yourself in your chest as much as u want about being albanian, while when you meet somebody from japan, you will realise your ethnicity is very small compared to the world, and is same as serbian, macedonian, greek etc... and no cares about the difference between them, you are all the same :picard2:

No wonder you have a weak ethnic character. :lol:

It doesn't matter, the difference between me and a Japanese is that I'm Caucasian, Albanian, while he is Mongoloid, Japanese.

I don't claim superiority over other races... Most of the time. :wink

Alexq
04-04-2013, 10:39 AM
No wonder you have a weak ethnic character. :lol:

It doesn't matter, the difference between me and a Japanese is that I'm Caucasian, Albanian, while he is Mongoloid, Japanese.

I don't claim superiority over other races... Most of the time. :wink

I dont see why would I have a strong "ethnic" character, even though I live in a foreign country, where Im like 1 in million, and yes my ethnicity make me special lol only people to be proud of is my family and ancestors, who fought for thousands of years so their genes survive and I get born and live today, everyone else is foreigner pretty much, whom most will try to destroy you because its all about survival. ethnicites refer to the time where people lived in small village/communities of 50 people in the stone age, whre they helped and protected eachother and became a tribe, and moving to another village and leaving your tribe was dangerous. Today you can go anywhere, fuck any girl of any kind, and leave just like nothing happend, so enjoy the life man, there are no ethnicities anymore, only the strongest will continue, the other will not, thats how it was and always will be :thumb001: and by the way, thats how the name "Macedonia" still exists today, the people brought it with them, and thats why its our country's name :cool:

Arbėrori
04-04-2013, 10:40 AM
:picard2: :P

Alexq
04-04-2013, 10:53 AM
:picard2: :P

hahah you can laugh, even though you know its true... oh check this out: croatians were first to claim the "Illyrians" with the "Illyrian movement" they had, where were you join the party? ohhh you were not invited, how sad...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illyrian_movement

Arbėrori
04-04-2013, 10:57 AM
hahah you can laugh, even though you know its true... oh check this out: croatians were first to claim the "Illyrians" with the "Illyrian movement" they had, where were you join the party? ohhh you were not invited, how sad...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illyrian_movement

Just like you claim the Ancient Macedonians, they claimed the Illyrians.

I don't really want to be hostile against you, you're just naive, that's all. :P

kabeiros
04-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Only people in the balkan and africa still bother with ehnicities, going back thousands of years to prove who is who lol no one else in the world does, beleive me, its all individualism and will apparently take over the balkan too, maybe not today, but tommorow will...you can hit yourself in your chest as much as u want about being albanian, while when you meet somebody from japan, you will realise your ethnicity is very small compared to the world, and is same as serbian, macedonian, greek etc... and no cares about the difference between them, you are all the same :picard2: Indeed. But among Balkanites you are the most stupid of all and you stick to a name which isn't yours because you have foolish dreams of conquering the real Macedonia :picard2:
In the meantime Albania and Bulgaria are ready to swallow your tiny nation, while Greece has no interest there whatsoever. You obviously don't know how to chose allies.

Alexq
04-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Just like you claim the Ancient Macedonians, they claimed the Illyrians.

I don't really want to be hostile against you, you're just naive, that's all. :P

Hahah no its more like, you are lucky the "Kingdom of Illyria" they made was only (1816–1849), otherwise today no albanian would be able to claim Ilirya, and you would have been in same position as us, where everyone will start guessing what you are and give suggestions lol

Arbėrori
04-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Hahah no its more like, you are lucky the "Kingdom of Illyria" they made was only (1816–1849), otherwise today no albanian would be able to claim Ilirya, and you would have been in same position as us, where everyone will start guessing what you are and give suggestions lol

Wrong again. :lol: The suggestions have been given in the early 18th century & the geneticists have backed those theories, thank you very much. :P

Baluarte
04-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Indeed. But among Balkanites you are the most stupid of all and you stick to a name which isn't yours because you have foolish dreams of conquering the real Macedonia :picard2:
In the meantime Albania and Bulgaria are ready to swallow your tiny nation, while Greece has no interest there whatsoever. You obviously don't know how to chose allies.

^^ This happens to be entirely true.

Even in Anglo-American or French analysis groups this is the prevalent conclusion. I agree with it too. Landlocked, with a 30%-40% ethnic minority that is very hostile, a stagnated economy and bad relations with everyone other than Serbia, it's hard for it to work.

Regarding the last point it's really remarkable how you guys managed to alienate everyone... It's normal that you have a problem with Albanians, since those people are being funded, armed and protected by Atlanticism all across the Balkans.
But the fact you ruined your relations with Greece just because of your stubborness regarding a name that should be SHARED between FYROM, Greek Macedonia and Bulgarian Macedonia; while alienating your eastern neighbour with your irrational anti-Bulgarism is really some of the worst decisions in foreign policy I've ever seen.

Arbėrori
04-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Regarding the last point it's really remarkable how you guys managed to alienate everyone... It's normal that you have a problem with Albanians, since those people are being funded, armed and protected by Atlanticism all across the Balkans.

Solve the name dispute and they'll be part of NATO too. :wink

Vojnik
04-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Indeed. But among Balkanites you are the most stupid of all and you stick to a name which isn't yours because you have foolish dreams of conquering the real Macedonia :picard2:

If we are so "tiny" and "stupid" then why would you even be concerned that we are using the name Macedonia? There is no desire to conquer any land, nor is it possible for us to do so. Considdering how "tiny" we are, I don't see how we are a threat to you.

Ok I see your point about the Shqiptar minority in Macedonia wanting to swollow regions in Western Macedonia, but i don't see why Bulgaria is "ready" to do so? Please elaborate.

kabeiros
04-04-2013, 11:51 AM
If we are so "tiny" and "stupid" then why would you even be concerned that we are using the name Macedonia? There is no desire to conquer any land, nor is it possible for us to do so. Considdering how "tiny" we are, I don't see how we are a threat to you. Because there is a region in Greece called Macedonia, because the ancient Macedonians were a northern Greek tribe and because you are using it in order to claim a minority inside Greece (although there are only 10.000 Slavs here). Your nation is tiny but great powers like USA support you and I know that if their geopolitical interests are in favor of your wild dreams, they might even help you in a war against us. Turkey would help you too, I'm sure about it.

Ok I see your point about the Shqiptar minority in Macedonia wanting to swollow regions in Western Macedonia, but i don't see why Bulgaria is "ready" to do so? Please elaborate. You are Bulgarians in denial Vojnik, I think that you should unite with your real blood brothers and stop being used by NATO and USA in order to destabilize the Balkans

Alexq
04-04-2013, 11:51 AM

I use the name, cause it isnt my fault ancestors lived there, and I was still born on the land that is part of the Macedonia region...
Hahaha the thing is nobody is dreaming of "conquering" you country, and talking about wasting my life to take something isnt worth a dollar today, are you crazy? lol you are the idiot one who beleives that I would do that, so you throw a international campaign of billions of $$$ to prove I have no right to use the name, acting like a ghost protecting his house, following me wherever I go with the name issue thing, which isnt funny anymore, I dont mind you making a fool of yourself telling other nations your fairy tales, but sometimes gives me a bad image you know, I dont like it :mad: Unlike you, who gets money from EU to relax and drink and party, people in the real world kill eachother for peace of bread, so aint nobody got time to play with you the name issue game... find yourself another "friend" who will play such a game, at least you have options of other "friends" like Turkey, Albania, Bulgaria...etc

Baluarte
04-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Solve the name dispute and they'll be part of NATO too. :wink

I'm not sure if all the countries if the Balkans will so gladly accept submission to the Atlanticist alliance as easily as Albanians did.

Novi Pazar
04-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Doesn't matter.

Baluarte, have you ever heard of Albanian population manipulation before? A few years ago kosovo was thought to have a growing 2million Albanian population? Whilst today its approximately 1.6mil? The State of Albania had 3.5 million, in the 90's, now reduced to 2.7 - 2.8mil! Not too long ago a famous Albanian singer pleaded to her country folk to have MORE children!

I believe back in 2009 of the Kosovo elections, dubbed to be a popular and expected to be massive, only saw 45% turnout, why? Census FRAUD, perhaps? The same Fraud is happening in Macedonia also, now Siptari (Albanians) are 30% of the population, concentrated in a small area? Albanians tend to be highly dense outside of Albania? Another sign of FRAUD?

Baluarte
04-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Baluarte, have you ever heard of Albanian population manipulation before? A few years ago kosovo was thought to have a growing 2million Albanian population? Whilst today its approximately 1.6mil? The State of Albania had 3.5 million, in the 90's, now reduced to 2.7 - 2.8mil! Not too long ago a famous Albanian singer pleaded to her country folk to have MORE children!

I believe back in 2009 of the Kosovo elections, dubbed to be a popular and expected to be massive, only saw 45% turnout, why? Census FRAUD, perhaps? The same Fraud is happening in Macedonia also, now Siptari (Albanians) are 30% of the population, concentrated in a small area? Albanians tend to be highly dense outside of Albania? Another sign of FRAUD?

Wow, seriously? I hadn't heard anything like that, but it's not impossible.

Could you please send me a few numbers/articles so I can take a look?
If it is like that, it would mean the current Albanian political leadership and motivations are even more corrupt than what I had thought previously

Thanks in advance

Roy
04-04-2013, 01:27 PM
In Poland we don't use FYROM or Była Jugosławiańska Republika Macedonii for obvious reasons. Modern Macedonian theory was a part of the ancient one, so I can't fully comprehend this problem.

kvarc
04-04-2013, 08:57 PM
it should be renamed Kingdom of Serbia, with it`s capital in Skopje just like in the middle-ages, with Serbia annexed to the now renamed Macedonia ( Belgrade wont be the capital anymore ), and with some genetic Nemanjici or Mrnjacevici for a king :angel:cool:

purple
04-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Other - Bulgaria:thumb001:

ioan assen
04-04-2013, 09:34 PM
it should be renamed Kingdom of Serbia, with it`s capital in Skopje just like in the middle-ages, with Serbia annexed to the now renamed Macedonia ( Belgrade wont be the capital anymore ), and with some genetic Nemanjici or Mrnjacevici for a king :angel:cool:
:) You had Macedonia for what 30 years in the time of Dushan (3/4 Bulgarian)? Thats why Bulgarians and Serbs dont have the brotherly relations we have to have: because of Macedonia. Instead of looking at terrirories populated with serbs (real one) like Republica srubska, you are obsessed with Bulgarian populated territories like Macedonia...

Turk
04-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Do you have any proof of genetic heritage of Turks in Macedonians?

more than you have alexanders heritage..

Turk
04-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Bullshit. Turkic DNA amongst Balkanites is negligible.

for bosnia hercegovina yes, there is rare Turkic DNA,,

but serbian has a lot,,

bulgarian people has Turkic origin historically, or maybe ruled by a Turkic elit dominance... Turks generally dominates Balkans..

Turk
04-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Its quite the opossite, in fact. Every Turk has genetics from Balkan.

yes Turks was very small military groups in medieval age,, but they were ubermensch.. they have come anatolia and with a very short time they succeeded convert language of Byzantine Eastern Roman people to Turkish language and easily Turkified all Greeks and other..

nonsense...

anyway,,
of course there was thousands of janisarry (greek serbian bulgarian other christians) in Ottoman Army but it was founded in 14 th century, and Janisarries was a smaller part of Ottoman Army, they have fame because of being one of first permanent military foundation in medieval age and after...

so Turk have Balkan genetics but Balkans have more Turkic affection.. . Bulgar, Serb,Macedonian,Greek has similar apperance with Turk... Bosniak have not Turkic appearance because they were muslim and they were superior according to Ottoman goverment and has rights as Turk have.. A Croatian and Slovenian whos are dominated by Germans has not Turkic appearance...

Lemon Kush
04-04-2013, 10:01 PM
I think Macedonia should be annexed with Bulgaria. We have always been one people and nation throughout history and this shouldn't change.

Turk
04-04-2013, 10:09 PM
I think it should be decided by tossing coin.. . if its head vardaryaylası , else özüsküp...

the land has a past... and it was a part of macedonia may be not all... (Greece does not contain all ancient Greece... and they are not grandson of ancient greek people.. they are a mixture of gaul roman slavic Turkic genetic stock.. so they shouldnot hold the name in same reason)

So the people who live on Macedonia can decide name of country ..

Novi Pazar
04-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Wow, seriously? I hadn't heard anything like that, but it's not impossible.

Could you please send me a few numbers/articles so I can take a look?
If it is like that, it would mean the current Albanian political leadership and motivations are even more corrupt than what I had thought previously

Thanks in advance

You'll find it on-line, however, if you want to know what an Albanian is, read the link to the following:

http://www.hirhome.com/yugo/kosovo.htm

Novi Pazar
04-04-2013, 10:39 PM

but serbian has a lot,,

bulgarian people has Turkic origin historically, or maybe ruled by a Turkic elit dominance... Turks generally dominates Balkans..

Serbs have ZERO Turkic/ish origins, different story to Bolgari!

Turk
04-05-2013, 05:38 AM
Serbs have ZERO Turkic/ish origins, different story to Bolgari!

yes black slav serbs has no Turkish origin... you can sleep calm tonight..

Arbėrori
04-05-2013, 06:04 AM

but serbian has a lot,,

Sorry, but you wish. Both Bosniaks and Serbs are fully European, any Turkic DNA in them would appeari n their mixed descendants in Anatolia, not the Balkans.

The Bulgars are not yet known what they were, most likely Turkified Caucasians.

Sikeliot
04-05-2013, 06:06 AM
Just throwing this out there: Bulgars speaking a Turkic language does not mean they were mostly or even significantly racially Turkic. Turks speak a Turkic language and they are mostly of native Anatolian descent for instance.

Queen B
04-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Bulgar, Serb,Macedonian,Greek has similar apperance with Turk... Bosniak have not Turkic appearance because they were muslim and they were superior according to Ottoman goverment and has rights as Turk have.. A Croatian and Slovenian whos are dominated by Germans has not Turkic appearance...

You don't know basic principles here.
A Christian and a Muslim would create a Muslim offspring (and the Christian parent will eventually convert under Ottoman empire).
So, if there was mixing during Ottomans, would be either 1) between Christian populations or 2) turn to Muslim

morski
04-05-2013, 07:52 AM
I think it should be decided by tossing coin.. . if its head vardaryaylası , else özüsküp...

the land has a past... and it was a part of macedonia may be not all... (Greece does not contain all ancient Greece... and they are not grandson of ancient greek people.. they are a mixture of gaul roman slavic Turkic genetic stock.. so they shouldnot hold the name in same reason)

So the people who live on Macedonia can decide name of country ..

Reading you is like a punishment. Head aches.:picard1:

alfieb
04-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Greeks are not grandson of ancient greek people.. they are a mixture of gaul roman slavic Turkic genetic stock..
When were Turks ever in Sicily?
When were Gaulish or Celtic people in Sicily?
When were Slavs ever in Sicily?

The DNA of Eastern Sicilians and Greeks are hard to distinguish from each-other. Why is that?

Because today's Greeks are Greek. Your ignorant propaganda claims have been disproven by science.

meAyin-sixteen
04-05-2013, 09:53 AM
anyway,,

of course there was thousands of janisarry (greek serbian bulgarian other christians) in Ottoman Army but it was founded in 14 th century, and Janisarries was a smaller part of Ottoman Army, they have fame because of being one of first permanent military foundation in medieval age and after...

so Turk have Balkan genetics but Balkans have more Turkic affection.. . Bulgar, Serb,Macedonian,Greek has similar apperance with Turk... Bosniak have not Turkic appearance because they were muslim and they were superior according to Ottoman goverment and has rights as Turk have.. A Croatian and Slovenian whos are dominated by Germans has not Turkic appearance...

You know what. The former president of Slovenia Danilo Turk really don˙t look Turkish to me.

Turk
04-05-2013, 06:09 PM

You know what. The former president of Slovenia was Danilo Turk, but he really doesn˙t look Turkish to me.

at first you should learn reading... you are telling same thing with my text... I said slovenians looks like germanic not Turkic.... go and be happy..

kabeiros
04-05-2013, 06:18 PM
The most proper name for this country is Bulgaria but if they don't like it they should choose Paeonia

Turk
04-05-2013, 06:22 PM

The DNA of Eastern Sicilians and Greeks are hard to distinguish from each-other. Why is that?

Because today's Greeks are Greek. Your ignorant propaganda claims have been disproven by science.

I said, macedonia is a geography and the name dispute can be solve by own people.. an if greeks dont want that, they should look for their own historical problems.. because as republic of macedonia does not consist of whole macedonia, the greece does not consist of all ancient greece.. and a state has one name,, if macedonia claim it self as hellenic republic ,, it is problem of greece .. is it fucking clear??

now sicilian.. I cant understand your problem...

1. Do you want sicily as part of greece?
2. or part of macedonia,
3.or three sicily republic with naples and greece?
4.or fk vardar in italian seria...

what is your problem??

as i know there is ancient greek cities in southern italy and sicily,

and you should know there was 500 years Turkish rule in greece and macedonia..

so it is the point.!!!
this not mean Turks rule sicily where there is ancient greek ruins..
I am saying about Todays greeks are not just grandson of ancient greeks.. it is a mixture..,

there is a strong distinguish between italian(etruscan) and Turkish genetic..
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1181945/

and there was arab rule in sicily... but we are not ruled by arabian... anyway..

I want to drink what you does for locking your mind..

Turk
04-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Reading you is like a punishment. Head aches.:picard1:

the truth is headache..

Turk
04-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Sorry, but you wish. Both Bosniaks and Serbs are fully European, any Turkic DNA in them would appeari n their mixed descendants in Anatolia, not the Balkans.

The Bulgars are not yet known what they were, most likely Turkified Caucasians.

Bulgars are slavicied Turks...

and Bosniak has Turkic genetic heritage but at least in balkans..

the serb,bulgarian,greeks has more ...

so I said, Bosniak has very rare,, serb has very much Turkic genetic heritage..

because Bosniaks were not captive people in Ottoman Empire..

Geni
04-05-2013, 06:32 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/37/Macedonia_barbed_wire.jpg/350px-Macedonia_barbed_wire.jpg

Not..we have enough problem in the Balkans..but this map ..is not acceptable..we have all 1 map who neighbours dont exist..

Turk
04-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Just throwing this out there: Bulgars speaking a Turkic language does not mean they were mostly or even significantly racially Turkic. Turks speak a Turkic language and they are mostly of native Anatolian descent for instance.

yes Turks come from steps and leart language to the people of Roman Empire.. you want to believe that..
we come anatolia and Turkified it with population mass,,

Turk
04-05-2013, 06:43 PM
You don't know basic principles here.
A Christian and a Muslim would create a Muslim offspring (and the Christian parent will eventually convert under Ottoman empire).
So, if there was mixing during Ottomans, would be either 1) between Christian populations or 2) turn to Muslim

I think you dont want remember basic principles here..
after the conquest for three days the soldier can fuck'm'all without mariage if there are not muslim.. is it enough??

do you think the soldier who had service about 15 years fight for Grand Turk just... in old times, when a son go for military service the families accept him as a dead... he would die or return 15 years later... so the son have limited chance to inherit its gen... which is serbia, greece, macedonia.. anywhere else..

Turk
04-05-2013, 06:53 PM
:lol:

be careful, your ancestor tastes Turkish rule about 500 years.. maybe you can be a Turk :D:D

Arbėrori
04-05-2013, 07:39 PM
be careful, your ancestor tastes Turkish rule about 500 years.. maybe you can be a Turk :D:D

You wish. We don't look like Siberian_Cold_Eyes. :lol:

Skerdilaid
04-05-2013, 08:08 PM
The only people that deserve the term Macedonian in today's FYROM are the Albanians. Macedonian in Greek meant(means) a "Highlander". Judging by the term the only true highlanders in today's FYROM are the Albanians.

I am not suggesting that we should call Albanians Macedonian far from that, but the peasant society or shall I say the Serfs, like the Slavs of today FYROM do no deserve to be called highlanders.

Turk
04-05-2013, 09:10 PM
You wish. We don't look like Siberian_Cold_Eyes. :lol:

It wont change sacrifation of your ancestors by Turkish rule..

Novi Pazar
04-05-2013, 10:43 PM

Com esta amigo!

Are you sure about it?

"Arabic sources also mention Slavic settlements in Arabic-ruled Sicily. One of them called Sclafani is mentioned in 939. Another one is Harat as-Saqaliba (Slavic Quarter), a Slavic-inhabited district of Palermo located close to the city's port, in the capital of the emirs of Sicily. The origin of these Slavs is disputed; according to conflicting claims they go back all the way to 535 AD when the Byzantine General Belisarius presumably left a Slavic garrison in the city, or to the 10th century when the Fatimids conquered Sicily and likewise left a Slavic garrison there. The Italian historian Amari probably came with the most plausible explanation for their origin; he points out that Abu'l Fida'y, an Arabic historian and geographer from the 1300's, states that in 928/9 off the coast of Maghreb and Sicily there appeared a Slavic piratical fleet of 30 ships which, together with the Arabs, pillaged Calabria, Corsica, and Sardinia. After some time these very Slavic pirates decided to permanently settle in a quarter of Palermo which was named after them. These were most certainly South Slavic pirates from the Adriatic littoral who were quite active sea rovers during the period in question."

"We also find Slavic Guards elsewhere: on Sicily, the local Emir Ibrahim ibn Ahmad formed a strong and disciplined army from slaves of Slavic origin in the second half of the 9th century. At the court of the Egyptian Fatimids there was also a certain princely ceremonial guard of the caliph consisting of, aside from the Slavic ones, princes from Maghreb, Yemen, Nubia, Ethiopia, Georgia, Turkestan, Deylem (in northern Persia), and even Delhi in India. Also in the service of the Fatimids, albeit those from Ifriqiya (or Ifrikiya, present-day Tunisia and Tripoli/north-western Libya), was a certain Slav named Mas'ud, who in 924/5 attacked and captured the Castle of Santa Agata on Sicily; in the subsequent years he launched three additional expeditions against the possessions of the island's emir. But the Slavic activity in this region did not end there; later on the outstanding Norman leader Duke Robert Guiscard had a bodyguard of 60 very loyal Slavic mercenaries. In 1078 Count Roger narrowly escapes death in an ambush made by unspecified Slavic raiders somewhere in vicinity of Taormina."

http://michalw.narod.ru/SlavicSpain.html

Arbėrori
04-06-2013, 06:51 AM
It wont change sacrifation of your ancestors by Turkish rule..

Yes, unfortunately it won't change 5 centuries of the agony and despair you brought to my people.

morski
04-06-2013, 02:11 PM
my english is headache..

I fixed that for you.

meAyin-sixteen
04-06-2013, 03:34 PM
at first you should learn reading... you are telling same thing with my text... I said slovenians looks like germanic not Turkic.... go and be happy..

Your overwhelming and irrefutable arguments took my breath away, Turk. What could l do but repeat it after you word for word?

l am happy are you happy too?:p:

Arbėrori
04-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Hoca, keep pushing it with the rep comments & I will issue a ban on your primitive ass. :wink

bilbil
04-06-2013, 10:17 PM

What if Bulgarians keep their name and restore lost lands to Bulgaria

Tatarlar logic!

Onur
04-07-2013, 01:10 AM
What if Bulgarians keep their name and restore lost lands to Bulgaria

Tatarlar logic!
Ivan Assen was not Tatar nor Bulgar but he was a Cuman. His real name was Esen Bilgin in Cuman Turkic. We use both Esen and Bilgin as a personal name in Turkey today. Ivan was just his baptism name after he became king.

The name of the dynasty comes from one of the brothers, namely Asen I. The etymology is most likely of Cuman Turkic origin, derived from "esen" which meant "safe, sound, healthy" and the Belgun nickname seems to be derived from Turkic "bilgün", which meant "wise". Further support to this connection can be found in the charters of the Great Lavra of Mt. Athos from the end of the 12th century, which mention the monastery's problems with some of the Cuman stratiotes, where "Asen" is listed as the name of one of those Cumans. [2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asen_dynasty

Archduke
04-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Ivan Assen was not Tatar nor Bulgar but he was a Bulgarian.

Fixed it for you.

Anglojew
04-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Love symbol: the country formally known as FYRM.

Alexq
04-07-2013, 12:10 PM
so much crap over the name coming from people either not from there or never been there... the people there decided not to change the name, and thats it.
If you ask for my opinion about other countries names that should be changed Ill tell you starting with bulgaria, where they should deffiently change the name, then turkey, also democratic people's republic of korea, niger, new zealand...

Turk
04-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Your overwhelming and irrefutable arguments took my breath away, Turk. What could l do but repeat it after you word for word?

l am happy are you happy too?:p:

ok you are exist...

Onur
04-07-2013, 07:41 PM
Fixed it for you.
Well, thats also true but he was only Bulgarian by geography. Tough, he was an ethnic Cuman.

I already told you that before. There is no ethnic group such as Bulgarians. Bulgaria is just name of a geographical territory and Bulgarian means anyone who lives/lived in Bulgaria.

Germans for Germany, Turks for Turkey, Poles for Poland but it`s not Bulgars for Bulgaria because Bulgars doesn't exist anymore. Thats why your name is the same as the territory.

Archduke
04-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Well, thats also true but he was only Bulgarian by geography. Tough, he was an ethnic Cuman.

Prove it or gtfo. Why he established Bulgarian empire and not Cuman empire for example?

I already told you that before. There is no ethnic group such as Bulgarians. Bulgaria is just name of a geographical territory and Bulgarian means anyone who lives/lived in Bulgaria.

There is since the 10th century when Bulgars accepted to assimilate into the Slavs.

but it`s not Bulgars for Bulgaria because Bulgars doesn't exist anymore.

You are right. It's Bulgarians for Bulgaria cause Bulgars don't exist since the 10th century when they decided to assimilate to the greater Slavic majority like i said for second time.

ioan assen
04-08-2013, 04:37 AM
Onur is rediculous again, presenting the Cuman theory of Asens like a FACT when its a mere theory and NOT a well established one... The Vlach theory has much more ground, however Ivan Assen did obviously feel only as ethnic Bulgarian, its very obvious from the sources he left... But then again I suppose you only care about some names you are trying to link to the Cumans not direct sources from the man himself... Boris is a Bulgar name, I guess Boris Becker must be a Bulgar...
And Turks saying that Bulgarians dont exist? Where the world is going to? Turkey is populated with over 100 ethnicities, all of which you try to pass as "Turk", unlike Bulgarians who have a national identity since 10th century, one you couldnt crush for 5 centuries' enslavement.

Crn Volk
04-08-2013, 05:36 AM
Onur is rediculous again, presenting the Cuman theory of Asens like a FACT when its a mere theory and NOT a well established one... The Vlach theory has much more ground, however Ivan Assen did obviously feel only as ethnic Bulgarian, its very obvious from the sources he left... But then again I suppose you only care about some names you are trying to link to the Cumans not direct sources from the man himself... Boris is a Bulgar name, I guess Boris Becker must be a Bulgar...
And Turks saying that Bulgarians dont exist? Where the world is going to? Turkey is populated with over 100 ethnicities, all of which you try to pass as "Turk", unlike Bulgarians who have a national identity since 10th century, one you couldnt crush for 5 centuries' enslavement.

Actually it was crushed, but then revived...

Crn Volk
04-08-2013, 05:37 AM
so much crap over the name coming from people either not from there or never been there... the people there decided not to change the name, and thats it.
If you ask for my opinion about other countries names that should be changed Ill tell you starting with bulgaria, where they should deffiently change the name, then turkey, also democratic people's republic of korea, niger, new zealand...

I agree, Bulgaria should probably change it's name. It is wrong for a Slavic nation to be called by a Turkic name.

Queen B
04-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Prove it or gtfo. Why he established Bulgarian empire and not Cuman empire for example?
There is since the 10th century when Bulgars accepted to assimilate into the Slavs.
You are right. It's Bulgarians for Bulgaria cause Bulgars don't exist since the 10th century when they decided to assimilate to the greater Slavic majority like i said for second time.
You don't get it Archduke?
Everything is Turkish, Onur is worst than Mr.Portokalos in my Greek fat wedding :lol:

Drawing-slim
04-08-2013, 07:38 AM

Novi Pazar
04-09-2013, 06:55 AM
I agree, Bulgaria should probably change it's name. It is wrong for a Slavic nation to be called by a Turkic name.

X2 Sokol, the name 'Bulgaria' causes so much historical problems!