PDA

View Full Version : Folkmoot this weekend!

Gooding
06-07-2009, 09:42 PM
I had my first folkmoot this weekend.It consisted of cleaning up the property, putting a huge bonfire together and holding a Sumbel.It was highly emotional, there was a funeral held for Balder, a lot of shouting in Icelandic, drinking out of respect to the slain god and pouring mead out in his honor(ordered a couple of drinking horns for myself and the wife from the hornbuilder and a bone Thorshammer and some square red oak runes for myself).I screamed so loud that I'm actually nursing my voice.I drank my first round of the Sumbel to the god Thor("the light who keeps back the night"), the second round to my German ancestors( I considered Karl Friedrich von Arensberg first, then I thought of Hans Maegert, then Johannes Rommel, etc.,so I just condensed) and on the third round I swore my troth to the gods, goddesses, ancestors, Folk and moot.Well, here are some pics of the event.

Sol Invictus
06-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Looked like it was a decent turnout! And you had a great time. :thumb001:

Gooding
06-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Looked like it was a decent turnout! And you had a great time. :thumb001:

That I did, thanks..lol, even the hard work was enjoyable!:thumbs up

Gooding
06-08-2009, 01:50 AM
Some more pictures, to give my wife due credit for her wonderful photography!

Gooding
06-08-2009, 01:56 AM
Here, of course, are some more!:D

Rainraven
06-08-2009, 03:39 AM
Looks like you had a great time G! And what an interesting looking group of people! :thumb001:

Gooding
06-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Looks like you had a great time G! And what an interesting looking group of people! :thumb001:

Yeah..they do look cool, don't they?It really was a lot of fun.I got a new heathen name over the weekend..Thorulf.:eek::D:thumb001: