PDA

View Full Version : Predict your Babies Eye Colour

Mortimer
06-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Eye Colour (http://genetics.thetech.org/online-exhibits/what-color-eyes-will-your-children-have)

Dominant and Recessive Traits (http://www.blinn.edu/socialscience/LDThomas/feldman/handouts/0203hand.htm)

I calculated it for me with a Green Eyed Woman. I assumed one of her Parents (Father) got Green Eyes and one(Mother) Brown Eyes. For me both Parents have brown Eyes. No Blue Eyed Sibling for her. No Green Eyed Sibling for me.

Here is the Probability based on Genotype.
72.7% Brown
23.1% Green
4%Blue

Based on Phenotype
3 Green Eyed Children
3 Brown Eyed Children
-but this seems random since its always different, for each calculus

http://s16.postimage.org/9qkvju4mt/Eye_Colour.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
hosting images (http://postimage.org/)

Random Coupling
http://s13.postimage.org/4xuh7cx37/IMG_0725.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/4xuh7cx37/) http://s13.postimage.org/otv20n3ib/simonida.png (http://postimage.org/image/otv20n3ib/)

Neanderthal
06-14-2012, 02:51 PM
They will be brown more likely :) The eyes of my children I mean.

Aces High
06-14-2012, 02:52 PM
I calculated it for me with a No Eyed Woman.

Corrected.

Mraz
06-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Both of my parents have green eyes, I have brown dominant eye color.
The test says it's not possible.

Mortimer
06-14-2012, 02:57 PM
They will be brown more likely :) The eyes of my children I mean.

depends on the wifey, if she is light eyed you have a chance of at least 1light eyes baby if you have 3 for example.

Mortimer
06-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Both of my parents have green eyes, I have brown dominant eye color.
The test says it's not possible.

how does the test say its not possible?

Aces High
06-14-2012, 03:02 PM
My wifes got brown almost black eyes and my kids have got electric blue eyes.....and i have cold grey eyes.

Must be the English laser sperm....:cool:

Mraz
06-14-2012, 03:06 PM
how does the test say its not possible?

I mean it's not said it's impossible, but they're not accurate enough. I think it's a simplified version of the reality, like the genetics you learn in school.

Sultan Suleiman
06-14-2012, 03:08 PM
My wifes got brown almost black eyes and my kids have got electric blue eyes.....and i have cold grey eyes.

Damn...

I wouldn't put you over 20 :D

Talvi
06-14-2012, 03:11 PM
The colour options arent very good. Im disappointed. For example, my eyes arent fully brown nor fully green. So there is no grey, hazel or amber there either.

Oh and it keeps giving me errors even though I chose the closest possible colours.

Osprey
06-14-2012, 03:14 PM
sea green, most likely.

Mortimer
06-14-2012, 03:17 PM
The colour options arent very good. Im disappointed. For example, my eyes arent fully brown nor fully green. So there is no grey, hazel or amber there either.

Oh and it keeps giving me errors even though I chose the closest possible colours.

true there is no hazel option.

Balmung
06-14-2012, 03:18 PM
My eyes are pale blue.

Judging from where i'm located in America there is the highest chance my 'wife' will be Anglo or celt and probably have light eyes.

Mortimer
06-14-2012, 03:19 PM
I mean it's not said it's impossible, but they're not accurate enough. I think it's a simplified version of the reality, like the genetics you learn in school.

yes its simplified, we could distinguish more colours like hazel and light from dark brown and black.

Talvi
06-14-2012, 03:22 PM
yes its simplified, we could distinguish more colours like hazel and light from dark brown and black.

It is too simplified and its the same kind of BS kids are told in school.

All of my grandparents have light amber/blue/grey eyes. However my father has green eyes and my blue eyed mothers sister has pure brown eyes whose both daughters have blue/grey eyes . According to "simplified" genetics, none of that is possible. That is completely ridiculous, and these "scientists" that spread these simplified BS, should not be allowed to post their weird websites, publish articles or write schoolbooks.

Arne
06-14-2012, 03:23 PM

Purify some of the Germans and enlight us.
Time for a Revenge.

Itīs way better to pay it back to the chicks before they start chasing wogs.

Mortimer
06-14-2012, 03:25 PM
It is too simplified and its the same kind of BS kids are told in school.

All of my grandparents have light amber/blue/grey eyes. However my father has green eyes and my blue eyed mothers sister has pure brown eyes whose both daughters have blue/grey eyes . According to "simplified" genetics, none of that is possible. That is completely ridiculous, and these "scientists" that spread these simplified BS, should not be allowed to post their weird websites, publish articles or write schoolbooks.

Because phenotype is not the same as genotype:rolleyes:
I still get a Chance of 4% to have a blue eyed Child even none of the family members or hers (in my options) got blue eyes, not even the siblings. So everything is possible but unlikely.

Talvi
06-14-2012, 03:30 PM
Because phenotype is not the same as genotype:rolleyes:
I still get a Chance of 4% to have a blue eyed Child even none of the family members or hers (in my options) got blue eyes, not even the siblings. So everything is possible but unlikely.

Well according to that test my father or aunt and I have impossible eyes so to get any result I should lie.

Supreme American
06-14-2012, 03:36 PM

Very dark eyes among the English? Is that common? Not a foreign admixture?

Mortimer
06-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Well according to that test my father or aunt and I have impossible eyes so to get any result I should lie.

lol. so what should I do now, delete the thread? If its all BS etc.

Aces High
06-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Very dark eyes among the English? Is that common? Not a foreign admixture?

My wife is Italian.

Osprey
06-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Aces is too good looking for an Italian woman.

Arne
06-14-2012, 03:40 PM
lol. so what should I do now, delete the thread? If its all BS etc.
Thatīs the average IM Thread..

Mortimer
06-14-2012, 09:18 PM
anyone wants to try?

The Lively Rock
06-15-2012, 07:21 PM

Hahahahahhaha

Germanicus
06-15-2012, 09:47 PM
I have 2 adult sons..i have hazel eyes, their mother has blue eyes.
My father had blue eyes, my mother has hazel eyes.
Her parents both have blue eyes.

My eldest son has blue eyes, my youngest son has hazel coloured eyes.

The test correctly gave 50% blue 50% hazel/green 0% Brown

Hurrem sultana
06-15-2012, 09:49 PM

or maybe just maybe,no i wont say it(you are too agressive) :D :D

Hurrem sultana
06-15-2012, 09:49 PM
I have green eyes,,both my parents have brown eyes

i think my kids will have brown eyes

Stefan
06-16-2012, 02:27 AM
My mother has blue eyes, my father has brown eyes, and I have brown eyes. There is a 50-86.3% chance my children will have brown eyes depending on whoever I would procreate with, from all blue/green to all brown on their side. Of course this is only a rough approximation because eye-color is polygenic.

ricko0812
06-16-2012, 02:32 AM
my kids really dont have a chance to have any color but blue. :D everybody in my family has blue eyes.

SilverKnight
06-16-2012, 02:45 AM
anyone wants to try?

83% brown (very common), 8.6% (more common in family) , 8.0% blue (less common).
http://s19.postimage.org/t1ycdp3sz/eye.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Melina
06-16-2012, 02:48 AM
My future off springs will have either blue, green or hazel. Both my parents have hazel eyes while I have blue green eye color. My mate for sure will have either blue or greens eyes. I will never mix with someone with brown eyes.

SilverKnight
06-16-2012, 02:51 AM
My future off springs will have either blue, green or hazel. Both my parents have hazel eyes while I have blue green eye color. My mate for sure will have either blue or greens eyes. I will never mix with someone with brown eyes.

Hazel, blue, green (mate and you) eyes doesn't necessarily mean a baby will come with non-brown eyes, is just that the chances are higher, the same could be said for brown eyes mate, they can bring blue, green, hazel eyes. For instance, both my mother and father have brown eyes and both my siblings came with light eyes, one green and the other with blue eyes.

rhiannon
06-16-2012, 03:07 AM
My eyes are blue/green/grey, depending on lighting and mood

My ex's eyes were Hazel to light brown
our daughter has Hazel green eyes

My husband's eyes are a light blue-grey, but more grey
our son's eyes are the same color as his on the most part, with a slightly bluer hue

SilverKnight
06-16-2012, 04:01 AM
My eyes are blue/green/grey, depending on lighting and mood

My ex's eyes were Hazel to light brown
our daughter has Hazel green eyes

My husband's eyes are a light blue-grey, but more grey
our son's eyes are the same color as his on the most part, with a slightly bluer hue

Interesting. Is not the first time I heard or seen this happening. Eye pigmentation is one of the most astonishing types of pigmentation in our bodies, specially on people of European descent. My sister's eyes chances just as yours depending on environmental conditions and mood as well, why is that?, I wonder, maybe the amount of hormones changes the pigmentation, estrogen? levels?

Light in the environment also plays an important role in how our eye color is reflected, also the reflection of what we're wearing in some cases I seen. My fiancee for instance, has brown eyes (more lighter then mines), and her eyes also change color (not in mood) but by seasons. In the winter is lighter, while in the summer darker.

2Cool
06-16-2012, 04:42 AM
From dark brown to dark green. Including hazel eyes. No blue/grey eyes or anything in that spectrum.

My eyes are dark green. With enough sun light (like If I spend a couple of days at the beach and tan), they start to develop a turquoise tint.

Doing the test, I got green/brown as options.

StonyArabia
06-16-2012, 04:56 AM
I carry the genes for Green, Hazel, and Blue eyes and thus can pass them as well brown, so they will probably will have one or another. Something of that nature. I also carry the gene for blond and red hair and can pass that to them as well.

Mesrine
06-16-2012, 04:57 AM
^ You're not going to pass ANY gene, thanks providence for that.

Sarmatian
06-16-2012, 04:58 AM
Very easy to predict: if I mate with blue-eyed woman I have 100% chance of having blue-eyed kids :thumb001:

One of your wife's parents must have blue eyes then and passed it on your wife as recessive gene. Its interesting only that recessive gene was passed from your wife to your kids. How many kids do you have?

Frigga
06-17-2012, 11:28 PM
The first one has steely blue gray eyes so far. :)