Curtis24
06-15-2012, 12:10 AM
Nothing needs to be said, does it?

http://i48.tinypic.com/8xjy2u.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/sw3fag.png
http://i47.tinypic.com/iop0uq.jpg

Sikeliot
06-15-2012, 12:51 AM
Armenoid. He is likely reflective of the Neolithic component in southern Italy, which explains also why he resembles many Jews.

GeistFaust
06-15-2012, 12:53 AM
Armenoid-Mediterranid, but nothing distinctly East-Mediterranid.

Prince Carlo
06-15-2012, 04:49 PM
He has been classified 25329057823 times.

Sikeliot
06-15-2012, 06:31 PM
He is one of the people I have seen the most threads about on here.. maybe I can merge them.

Aiala_Ajala
07-11-2014, 11:47 PM
Extremely south Italian looking and far south east euro in general, fits primarily south Italy, Sicily, Malta, Cyprus. Actually he could a also very we'll be Lebanese, Syrian, Palestinian, Israeli perfectly fine as well :D

Ulla
07-12-2014, 12:03 AM
Extremely south Italian looking and far south east euro in general, fits primarily south Italy, Sicily, Malta, Cyprus. Actually he could a also very we'll be Lebanese, Syrian, Palestinian, Israeli perfectly fine as well :D

I guess that Panetta is like you: "Ethnicity: South Italy: Sicily, Calabria, Puglia". So you can pass in Lebanon or Syria, right?

Peter Nirsch
07-12-2014, 12:10 AM
It's not a secret that many Italians genetically speaking overlap jewish. This man can pass as Italian or Jewish indeed.

Ulla
07-12-2014, 12:14 AM
It's not a secret that many Italians genetically speaking overlap jewish. This man can pass as Italian or Jewish indeed.

Or better, some Jewish can pass as some southern Italians. Jewish surely were formed later than Neolithic component in southern Italy.

Peter Nirsch
07-12-2014, 12:17 AM
Or better, Jewish can pass as southern Italians.

Northern, Southern....honestly I don't see much difference between Italians, where does it start north? where does it start south?

armenoids are equally distributed in Italy.

Ulla
07-12-2014, 12:33 AM
Northern, Southern....honestly I don't see much difference between Italians, where does it start north? where does it start south?

The fact that you do not see the difference does not mean it does not exist. Anyway, historically south of Italy is all that is included in the Kingdom of Naples (also called the Two Sicilies). Anyway, to be clear dear crucco for me Southern Italians are Italians like the others, even the most exotics.

Peter Nirsch
07-12-2014, 12:37 AM
The fact that you do not see the difference does not mean it does not exist. Anyway, historically south of Italy is all that is included in the Kingdom of Naples (also called the Two Sicilies). Anyway, dear crucco for me Southern Italians are Italians like the others, even the most exotics.

these are Venetians, many of them look Armenoid as the man in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iw1XU5dA4k

Ulla
07-12-2014, 01:00 AM
these are Venetians, many of them look Armenoid as the man in this thread.

Ok, let's play amateur anthropologist.

First, many of them don't look Armenoid. Second, in the video there are some famous Venetian of Jewish ancestry (eg. Cesare Lombroso born in Verona and Cesare Polacco born in Venezia; Polacco=Polish). Third, there are even people that has nothing to do with Venice (Giorgia). Fourth, not all people born in Veneto are or were of Venetian ancestry. Sixt, Venice was a famous city-state with large possession in all mediterranean sea. In Venice existed communities of merchants from all over the Mediterranean. Eighth, this video has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

Peter Nirsch
07-12-2014, 01:33 AM
Ok, let's play amateur anthropologist.

First, many of them don't look Armenoid. Second, in the video there are some famous Venetian of Jewish ancestry (eg. Cesare Lombroso born in Verona and Cesare Polacco born in Venezia; Polacco=Polish). Third, there are even people that has nothing to do with Venice (Giorgia). Fourth, not all people born in Veneto are or were of Venetian ancestry. Sixt, Venice was a famous city-state with large possession in all mediterranean sea. In Venice existed communities of merchants from all over the Mediterranean. Eighth, this video has nothing to do with what we were talking about.
if many Venetians aren't of Venetian ancestry we can say that many Sicilians aren't of Sicilian ancestry. Wasn't Sicily an arabian colony? Someone could anwer you that people living in Sicily aren't true Sicilians if they look like levantines and Northern Africans, How can we distinguish a true Venetian by a fake Venetian? Or a true Sicilian by a fake Sicilian? Is there any pure Venetian or any pure Sicilian in Italy?

Anyway I doubt that the person at 0:37 can be a jew, he was a Pope.

Ulla
07-12-2014, 01:34 AM

Dont' troll me. You've perfectly understood what I meant.

This is really the most exotic one in the video. There are few infos about his family origins.

Ulla
07-12-2014, 01:50 AM

His family name is Barbo. A branch moved to modern-day Slovenia and was later known as Barbo-Waxenstein, probably under the Austrian rule.

https://sl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbo_Waxensteini

Aiala_Ajala
07-12-2014, 02:42 AM

I guess that Panetta is like you: "Ethnicity: South Italy: Sicily, Calabria, Puglia". So you can pass in Lebanon or Syria, right?
OOps I definitely worded it wrong! What I meant was that Panetta's phenotype is more common in in the far southern regions of Italy like in Calabria, Bascilicata, Puglia, Sicily, and also Malta, for Greece primarily Cyprus. Even then in the far southern regions of Italy it is definitely not at all fully Levantine in their Phenotypes or genetics, that would be ridiculous to say they mostly overlap with indigenous levantines in their Phenotypes and genetics.
For myself I don't think I have at all distinguishing indigenous Levantine traits a phenotype. I look very standard south Italian, I can definitely be central Italian too.

Smeagol
07-12-2014, 02:45 AM
Zero Armenoid. He is predominantly Semitic mixed with some indigenous Italian elements. And he has nothing to do with the Neolithic, his type is a remnant of Roman era slavery.

Aiala_Ajala
07-12-2014, 02:54 AM

OOps I definitely worded it wrong! What I meant was that Panetta's phenotype is more common in in the far southern regions of Italy like in Calabria, Bascilicata, Puglia, Sicily, and also Malta, for Greece primarily Cyprus. Even then in the far southern regions of Italy it is definitely not at all fully Levantine in their Phenotypes or genetics, that would be ridiculous to say they mostly overlap with indigenous levantines in their Phenotypes and genetics.
For myself I don't think I have at all distinguishing indigenous Levantine traits a phenotype. I look very standard south Italian, I can definitely be central Italian too.

Sikeliot
07-12-2014, 04:15 AM
He can pass as Levantine, but not one of the Arabid types.

Ulla
07-12-2014, 07:23 AM

Ok, thanks for clarifying what you meant.