View Full Version : Macedonians in Greece

Vojnik
06-15-2012, 12:44 PM
WAXQvgakA_k

Ncv5gv69XA4

Oc58pVFTefU

2H_k6AhHLZk

Qr5B_RD1hiA

And according to Greeks and Greece, their are no ethnic Macedonians in Greece.

Vojnik
06-15-2012, 12:53 PM
A old Macedonian woman from a Village in Lerin/Florina region, Northern Greece, singing and talking in her local Macedonian dialect. And she shouts out "razbudi se Makedonia" (Macedonia awaken).

g9-NaTnYcos

El Gre
06-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Title should be changed to ....

" Macedonian Slavs in a few (4-5 villages) near Florina."

poiuytrewq0987
06-15-2012, 07:22 PM

Nice racism there.

Grizzly
06-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Nice racism there.

Racism? I don't see any racism in this thread so far..

Queen B
06-15-2012, 08:00 PM
And according to Greeks and Greece, their are no ethnic Macedonians in Greece.
Of course there aren't because Macedonians are Greeks.
If you mean people from Fyrob, there are not more than 5.000

Nice racism there.
Where do you fucking see racism?
:crazy:

Midori
06-15-2012, 08:02 PM

Their number was bigger, but they eventually assimilated and intermarried with the Greeks.

poiuytrewq0987
06-15-2012, 08:06 PM

Of course, that's what you want to believe but we all can see the hypocrisy here. You criticizing Turks for the treatment of Kurds in Turkey but you won't self-criticize the horrible abuses the Greek state has made against Macedonians since 19th century.

Our name is Macedonian. The guy was obviously using Slav in a derogatory manner. We speak a Slavic language but it doesn't change the name of our ethnicity. It's plain racism.

Linet
06-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Oh....Vojnik i ll tell you something shocking!
Macedonians dance Macedonian dances :shocked:
Where on earth did you see those people in the last video saying they are half-breed Slavs and no Greeks? Are you freaking serious :wacko:?

Also the people in the 3-4th videos dont look Greeks at all and they are dancing in a freaking marriage, why should that be in Greece?

And here is the answer of the Slavophone people themselves about what they are and feel...ok? here you are...
SO DONT SPEAK ON THEIR BEHALF

NKLLG7YnK90

Queen B
06-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Their number was bigger, but they eventually assimilated and intermarried with the Greeks.
No, their number was bigger but they GTFO over here when they sided with communists. Just like communist Greeks did, after the end of civil war.

Of course, that's what you want to believe but we all can see the hypocrisy here. You criticizing Turks for the treatment of Kurds in Turkey but you won't self-criticize the horrible abuses the Greek state has made against Macedonians since 19th century.

Are you talking about hypocrisy?
Actually, you DARE to talk about hypocrisy?
1) Greece has a minority, which was DECIDED upon the treaty of Lausanne, and was also signed by Turkey. Although it is a religious one, it enjoys the benefits of an ethnic one (and even more). Muslims in Thrace have rise their numbers, not decreased.
Greeks in Turkey suffered pogroms and unfair treatment. That's why they are only a couple of thousands left.
2) Kurds are NOT an official minority. They are not 2.000 or 20.000 but 15 millions which is a huge percent of their population
3) We don't have ethnic problems just like YOU had with Albanians in 2001, because they have no major problem living here.
4) Your compatriots are not more than 5.000, and deal with it
Not only they don't get as much votes as they should, according to the so-called numbers, but have you every been in one of those ''celebrations'' (like this of the videos)?
There are even buses that come in the same day from Fyrob, and YET their are not more than a couple of thousands. For such a ''large'' minority we are talking about.

So who the fuck is talking about hypocrisy here?

Our name is Macedonian. The guy was obviously using Slav in a derogatory manner. We speak a Slavic language but it doesn't change the name of our ethnicity. It's plain racism.
In the same way you think its racism, the same way is racism for a Greek to call yourself as such.
Plus, you are Slavs, what's your problem with that?

El Gre
06-15-2012, 11:14 PM

Your very own Andrew Rossos who has written a book calls you Macedonian Slavs throughout the book, you know exactly which book im talking about right tikva? If im a racist then so is he right ?
To Greeks you will never be simply Macedonians you will always be Bulgarians and or Macedonian Slavs, full STOP!!

As for the first couple of videos they are from Meliti. For the past five years or so they have been having this propaganda festival (panigiri) . The fact is MAJORITY of the people in the video are actually from FYROM who have crossed into Greece to join the 'festivities' .
The video with the old lady is more realistic. You got a ghost town village called Buf and only she is left , the rest of the people from that village are in Canada and Australia and probably posting here, right vojski?

Speaking of Buf, Loring Danforth in the Macedonian Conflict writes on pg 72

http://books.google.ca/books?id=ZmesOn_HhfEC&printsec=frontcover&dq=loring+danforth&hl=en&sa=X&ei=LMDbT7CaC-S66AHi_8CBCw&ved=0CDUQ6AEwAA#v=one

"Equally revealing is a 1934 letter from a police lieutenant to the prefect of Florina that indentifies the village of Boufi as "a center of anti Greek propanganda" where young children know how to read and write the Bulgarian language, where young men sing the Bulgarian national anthem.

Next time the guy filming should ask her if she still remembers the anthem!! LOL

poiuytrewq0987
06-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Just because we speak a Slavic language doesn't mean we have to add a composite name to our ethnicity. :rotfl: By using same retarded logic of yours means we could start calling spanish-speaking Mexicans Mexican Spanishs, English-speaking Scots Scottish English, etc... simply retarded. We are Macedonians, that's the name of our ethnicity, simple as that.

El Gre
06-16-2012, 12:52 AM
So just admit that there is nothing racist about calling you a Slav.
Its what you are, learn to live with it, if you are self loathing its not our problem.

To use your example, if i called a Mexican a 'Latino' and he called me racist he would look like a fool, just like you are now.

Ill say it again, if a bunch of you went to Sicily and stayed there for 500 years and decided to call yourself a Sicilian , the real Sicilians would get upset so you would have to be called Sicilian Slavs, understand now .

Macedoslavia for the Macedoslavians , Macedonia for the real Makedones.

poiuytrewq0987
06-16-2012, 12:59 AM
Its what you are, learn to live with it, if you are self loathing its not our problem.

To use your example, if i called a Mexican a 'Latino' and he called me racist he would look like a fool, just like you are now.

Ill say it again, if a bunch of you went to Sicily and stayed there for 500 years and decided to call yourself a Sicilian , the real Sicilians would get upset so you would have to be called Sicilian Slavs, understand now .

Excuse me but I AM indigenous to the Balkans. My people speaking a Slavic-leaning language doesnt mean we are suddenly foreigners to Macedonia and the Balkans. I am actually a mix of Slavic migrants and ancient Macedonians. My genetics have proved it. Whether you want to accept it is up to you. And by deeming us not to be real Macedonians is racist pure and simple. We will always be more indigneous than you Pontic shitbirds.

Vojnik
06-16-2012, 01:11 AM

No they are Macedonians from Greece not the republic and the number is greater then that.

Nice racism there.

Yes racism. By referring to Macedonians with the bogus term 'Slavs' is racist because it indicates that we are brutal invaders with no right to live on the land in which we have for a millennia ++. And 'Slavs' also indicates that we are some how inferior to the modern 'Greeks'.

Vojnik
06-16-2012, 03:44 AM
Oh....Vojnik i ll tell you something shocking!
Macedonians dance Macedonian dances :shocked:
Where on earth did you see those people in the last video saying they are half-breed Slavs and no Greeks? Are you freaking serious :wacko:?

They are not 'half bread Slavs', they are ethnic Macedonians living in todays Northern Greece.

But if you don't believe me that they consider themselves Macedonians, here is a video were a local Macedonian man calls himself as such.

Watch from about the one minute mark. You will hear the man say "ima Makedonci, gledaj tuka sto slavime" (Their are Macedonians here, have a look at how we are celebrating). And the second man says, "It is embarrasing how the Greek government does not recognise that there are Macedonians here. Look around, where aren't their Macedonians!?", "they say their aren't Macedonians, but what am I?" among other things they said.
Anux4UsMY0c

Don't forget Greek propagandists, the Macedonians of Northern Greece were never affected by Tito's so called 'modern Macedonian invention', as they were not even apart of Yugoslavia. ;)

Queen B
06-16-2012, 11:19 AM
No they are Macedonians from Greece not the republic and the number is greater then that.

Prove it. Can you ?
Since they are all located in Macedonia, why the meliti festival doesn't collect more than a couple of thousands (which INCLUDES those that come from Fyrom?)
Since they are so many why rainbow doesn't collect so many votes?
Why all those don't protest?

Yes racism. By referring to Macedonians with the bogus term 'Slavs' is racist because it indicates that we are brutal invaders with no right to live on the land in which we have for a millennia ++...
Since you are not Macedonians to us, and this term contradicts with our history, then you can't be called Macedonians. That's one point, like it or not.
As much fucking racist it is to you, the same it is to us.

Then, you are Slavs. Do you deny that? Or do you think that being Slav is something inferior?

And 'Slavs' also indicates that we are some how inferior to the modern 'Greeks'.
Do you read what you are writing?
THIS is racist. Since you believe that Greeks are superior to Slavs, its not us being racists, but you.

Vojnik
06-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Prove it. Can you ?
Since they are all located in Macedonia, why the meliti festival doesn't collect more than a couple of thousands (which INCLUDES those that come from Fyrom?)
Since they are so many why rainbow doesn't collect so many votes?
Why all those don't protest?

Tell me. With groups like Golden Dawn in your country, will you be stupid as to vote for a Macedonian party and participate in public gatherings?

..Since you are not Macedonians to us, and this term contradicts with our history, then you can't be called Macedonians. That's one point, like it or not.
As much fucking racist it is to you, the same it is to us.

How are we racist? we just want to keep our name. You Greeks on the other hand deny us our identity, which is racist.

Then, you are Slavs. Do you deny that? Or do you think that being Slav is something inferior?

'Slav' is mainly a linguistic and cultural denote, not really racial. I was making a point that Greeks see us Macedonians as Slavs which is racist because to yous it means brutal barbarian murders from Russia.

Do you read what you are writing?
THIS is racist. Since you believe that Greeks are superior to Slavs, its not us being racists, but you.

I was pointing out the common Greek frame of mind regarding us Macedonians. I personally don't think modern Greeks are superior at all.

What is your opinion on the video I posted of the Macedonian guys? on the translations I posted? why do you Greeks keep denying ethnic minorities in Greece? The Macedonian minority is there.

Queen B
06-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Tell me. With groups like Golden Dawn in your country, will you be stupid as to vote for a Macedonian party and participate in public gatherings?

Since when voting is PUBLIC?
Voting is NOT public, its private. Whoever votes, whatever he votes, its totaly private.
Btw, those 3.000 that voted rainbow are still alive, aren't they?
Some motherfuckers like Lithoksoou is also still alive, right?

How are we racist? we just want to keep our name. You Greeks on the other hand deny us our identity, which is racist.

Your so-called identity contradicts and voids our. So what? You want us to give up our history and identity, so you can have one?
We are not charity.

'Slav' is mainly a linguistic and cultural denote, not really racial. I was making a point that Greeks see us Macedonians as Slavs which is racist because to yous it means brutal barbarian murders from Russia.

Noone sees Slavs as such. You are not the only Slavs in the area, in case you didn't notice, yet, I don't think that Croatians or Serbians or Bosnians have to say that we see them as something inferior.
It's YOU that you deny your Slavic element and see it as something inferior, not us.

I was pointing out the common Greek frame of mind regarding us Macedonians. I personally don't think modern Greeks are superior at all.

But you did pointed out that ''Greeks'' is like something superior to ''Slavs'', while we didn't.

What is your opinion on the video I posted of the Macedonian guys? on the translations I posted? why do you Greeks keep denying ethnic minorities in Greece? The Macedonian minority is there.
Sorry, I didn't saw any Macedonians there. You mean those Bulgarians ?

Do you know what a minority is ? In a country of 11 millions, 3.000 or 5.000 people is not a minority.

Grizzly
06-16-2012, 03:22 PM

Isn't there a bit of irony in that part? Alot of modern day Greece's population originated from Anatolia and came in the 20th century from the population exchange with Turkey. He can say the same thing about you..

El Gre
06-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Isn't there a bit of irony in that part? Alot of modern day Greece's population originated from Anatolia and came in the 20th century from the population exchange with Turkey. He can say the same thing about you..

Majority of those people were Greeks who came from anatolia.
Your point doesnt make sense.
It was all Ottoman empire back then , your thinking that it was "Turkey"

Archduke
06-16-2012, 05:51 PM
All greeks here, do you deny that there are many assimilated slavs in Northern Greece?

Midori
06-16-2012, 05:56 PM
All greeks here, do you deny that there are many assimilated slavs in Northern Greece?

They're ashamed of their ubermensch ancestry

poiuytrewq0987
06-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Majority of those people were Greeks who came from anatolia.
Your point doesnt make sense.
It was all Ottoman empire back then , your thinking that it was "Turkey"

:lol: The Balkans was always called Turkey in Europe until recent common era when Balkans term was introduced to everyday use to reflect the Empire's decline.

http://mapsof.net/map/turkey-in-europe-historical-map#.T90LArVYtlo

Queen B
06-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Have you lived in Macedonia?
I did, you didn't. I know better than you obviously.

Vojnik
06-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Watch from about the one minute mark. You will hear the man say "ima Makedonci, gledaj tuka sto slavime" (Their are Macedonians here, have a look at how we are celebrating). And the second man says, "It is embarrasing how the Greek government does not recognise that there are Macedonians here. Look around, where aren't their Macedonians!?", "they say their aren't Macedonians, but what am I?" among other things they said.
Anux4UsMY0c

Don't forget Greek propagandists, the Macedonians of Northern Greece were never affected by Tito's so called 'modern Macedonian invention', as they were not even apart of Yugoslavia. ;)

The modern Greeks are still yet to comment on this video....... :coffee:

Archduke
06-17-2012, 09:21 AM
Have you lived in Macedonia?
I did, you didn't. I know better than you obviously.

Have you lived 100 years ago, you didn't.

Queen B
06-17-2012, 09:34 AM
The modern Greeks are still yet to comment on this video....... :coffee:
Comment on what? on a festival of a couple of hundred people?
What exactly you want me to comment?

That it proves my point of their ''large'' number. Sure. Look how big your minority is :rotfl:

Now, how they call themselves, doesn't necessarily make this a fact.
I can call myself Audrey Hepburn, too :coffee:

Have you lived 100 years ago, no you didn't.
My family did, I am only 28.

All you Einstein tend to forget that there was a population movement, wars AND a civil war.

You think that in those wars Greeks died and the rest stayed here, untouchable.
You think that after Balkan wars or WWars, there was no population movement, and last but not least, you forget the civil war were many communist (Greeks) and many of your communist comrades GTFO because they were communists.

Its hilarious what most of you claim.

For some reason Greece was full of Albanians, Slavs, Bulgarians and Turks and no Greeks YET, we miraclously Hellinized them?
Who Hellinized them? The supossed non-existant people?
Next time your arguments should make more sense.

Drawing-slim
06-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Albanians still make 55% of greeces population. as far as macedonian slav claims, dont even stress it dandenlion, i support you:coffee:

Archduke
06-17-2012, 04:52 PM
My family did, I am only 28.

From where you are sure, that your parents aren't hellenized slavs? :confused:

All you Einstein tend to forget that there was a population movement, wars AND a civil war.

In Macedonia the population was slavic, only Halkidiki and the areas around the sea were greek, even population movement, wars and civil wars can't change the ethnic picture so dramatically. :wink You can see ethnic maps from the end of the 19 century, and if you deny that there were many assimilated slavs, you are simply dumb.

For some reason Greece was full of Albanians, Slavs, Bulgarians and Turks and no Greeks YET, we miraclously Hellinized them?
Who Hellinized them? The supossed non-existant people?
Next time your arguments should make more sense.

The arguments make sense, but the problem is that u can't accept the truth that the Greek nation is mainly from assimilated people.

Look this map, the borders of today Greece are populated by many slavs, turks and albanians:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/c/cf/20071115195307%21Balkans-ethnic_%281861%29.jpg

Do you know Pavlos Melas, i hope he is in hell now.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/Pavlos_melas.jpg

Also, he said this:

"We have to stop Bulgarians to do evil things again, and to repeat the last year's fake uprising, because the whole world is about to admit that there are only Bulgarians in Macedonia, this should be done this year and next year we can work for freedom.

Midori
06-17-2012, 04:56 PM

She said she has checked her family tree and didn't find any non-Greeks.

In Macedonia the population was slavic,

Yeah there were many Slavs living there in the past but most of them were kicked out of Greece during the civil war cause they sided with the communists. The ones that stayed were assimilated and intermarried with the Greeks.

Archduke
06-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Yeah there were many Slavs living there in the past but most of them were kicked out of Greece during the civil war cause they sided with the communists. The ones that stayed were assimilated and intermarried with the Greeks.

The slavic population was huge, majority of them can't be "kicked". Paisiy Hilendarski mentioned in Istoriya Slavyanobolgarskaya that there were many bulgarians that wanted to be greeks and because of this, the first sentence of his book was: "Why are you ashamed to call yourself Bulgarian?".

Midori
06-17-2012, 05:14 PM
The slavic population was huge, majority of them can't be "kicked". Paisiy Hilendarski mentioned in Istoriya Slavyanobolgarskaya that there were many bulgarians that wanted to be greeks and because of this, the first sentence of his book was: "Why are you ashamed to call yourself Bulgarian?".

Anyone who sided with the communists was. Many of the Vlachs were also kicked out, my Vlach ancestors were from Greece.

Archduke
06-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Anyone who sided with the communists was. Many of the Vlachs were also kicked out, my Vlach ancestors were from Greece.

Maybe you are right, but still many greeks are assimilated slavs, Paisiy Hilendarski says it in his book, which is writed for the Bulgarians who are falling victim to the hellenization. And you have to know that this is only in the end of the 18 century...

Midori
06-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Maybe you are right, but still many greeks are assimilated slavs, Paisiy Hilendarski says it in his book, which is writed for the Bulgarians who are falling victim to the hellenization. And you have to know that this is the end of the 18 century...

Yeah many Northern Greeks have some Slavic ancestry. If you've been to Macedonia proper you can notice it from their looks.

Queen B
06-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Because I have a 450 (from father's side) and 500 (from mother's side) family tree.
My mother's side is from Zakynthos ONLY, except her maternal grandmother which was Sicilian.
My father's mother is from Messinia (Pelloponese) and my father's father is from 2 villages from Chalkidiki coast - in the one I lived for 9 years,(from 1991 to 1999) - (I can pm you the villages if you want)

The arguments make sense, but the problem is that u can't accept the truth that the Greek nation is mainly from assimilated people.

What makes sense?
That the majority were Slavs, Albanians and Turks, we were under Ottoman control yet, we managed to Hellinize them?

So the MINORITY, under a FOREIGN rule, manage to hellinize the rest. Oh yeah, makes lots of sense

Look this map, the borders of today Greece are populated by many slavs, turks and albanians:

Do you know Pavlos Melas, i hope he is in hell now.

Good guy :cool::cool:

"We have to stop Bulgarians to do evil things again, and to repeat the last year's fake uprising, because the whole world is about to admit that there are only Bulgarians in Macedonia, this should be done this year and next year we can work for freedom.
Bulgarians? :coffee:

AkisGreece
06-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Well,calling F.Y.R.O.M.ians Slavs is not racist at all.
I don't get it guys,why does is sound harsh to you?
Russians are Slavs too...a great nation with a lot of people to be proud of.

Midori
06-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Well,calling F.Y.R.O.M.ians Slavs is not racist at all.
I don't get it guys,why does is sound harsh to you?
Russians are Slavs too...a great nation with a lot of people to be proud of.

Being a Slav is awesome :cool:

Archduke
06-17-2012, 10:21 PM
What makes sense?
That the majority were Slavs, Albanians and Turks, we were under Ottoman control yet, we managed to Hellinize them?

So the MINORITY, under a FOREIGN rule, manage to hellinize the rest. Oh yeah, makes lots of sense

You can see Istoriya Slavyanobolgarskaya, there it says that many Bulgarians were hellenized, because they were ashamed of their Bulgarian origins. This was voluntary. The interesting part starts in the begining of the 20 century. Macedonia is still in the Ottoman empire and the Greeks there are acting like real Spartans (like Pavlos Melas) because they kill innocent Slavs (Bulgarians).
The real hellenization begins after the Balkan wars, the evil bands of Pavlos Melas are not there, but there is something more terrible for Slavs, they are in Hellenic country, which means that they will be repressed and one day assimilated.
It is full of ethnic maps of the Balkans and Macedonia, there you can see that in the modern borders of Bulgaria there is big Turkish minoroty, and today it still remains, yet in Greece there is also very big minority of Slavs, Albanians and Turks back then, and today they disappeared. How could this happen?

Bulgarians?

The Bulgarians are the only slavs who lived in Macedonia.

Midori
06-17-2012, 10:24 PM
The Bulgarians are the only slavs who lived in Macedonia.

Nope.

Archduke
06-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Nope.

Who are the other slavs except the Bulgarians? The Macedonians? :lol00002::lol00002:

AkisGreece
06-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Unfortunately,i notice a huge anti-Greek sentiment among Bulgarians and Fyromians.
You shouldn't,based on the fact that a lot of Greek enterprises support your economy by heavily investing in your countries.
Also quite a few Bulgarians make a living in Greece.

I don't think it's wise to dig in the past and post about 'Greek Slayers' of Slavic populations...believe me i could do the same for Bulgarians too.

But being 18 like you are,it is sane to think that way.

Midori
06-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Who are the other slavs except the Bulgarians? The Macedonians? :lol00002::lol00002:

Yes, the Slavo-Macedonians were the dominant Slavic minority there.

Archduke
06-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Unfortunately,i notice a huge anti-Greek sentiment among Bulgarians and Fyromians.
You shouldn't,based on the fact that a lot of Greek enterprises support your economy by heavily investing in your countries.
Also quite a few Bulgarians make a living in Greece.

I don't think it's wise to dig in the past and post about 'Greek Slayers' of Slavic populations...believe me i could do the same for Bulgarians too.

But being 18 like you are,it is sane to think that way.

I'm just telling the truth. Sorry if i said someting bad for your country, but i'm angry because greeks here deny the existence of the Bulgarians in Macedonia.

... :D

AkisGreece
06-17-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm just telling the truth. Sorry if i said someting bad for your country, but i'm angry because greeks here deny the existence of the Bulgarians in Macedonia.

Timeline?

You speak for nowdays or 1900 ?

poiuytrewq0987
06-17-2012, 10:54 PM

Jesus, you really are a srboman. :D

Midori
06-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Jesus, you really are a srboman. :D

What makes you think that? :confused:

Archduke
06-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Timeline?

You speak for nowdays or 1900 ?

For nowdays. I'm trying to prove that majority of Northern Greeks are assimilated slavs

poiuytrewq0987
06-17-2012, 10:56 PM
What makes you think that? :confused:

You go from denying our identity then support our identity in the next post... like any good srboman would do.

Midori
06-17-2012, 10:57 PM
You go from denying our identity then support our identity in the next post... like any good srboman would do.

Well, our ethnicity is Slavo-Macedonian. I've never denied that.

poiuytrewq0987
06-17-2012, 10:59 PM
Well, our ethnicity is Slavo-Macedonian. I've never denied that.

And what is the point in adding a composite name to our ethnicity? To appease Pontic immigrant fucks?

Midori
06-17-2012, 11:00 PM
And what is the point in adding a composite name to our ethnicity? To appease Pontic immigrant fucks?

They won't let us call ourselves just Macedonians.

poiuytrewq0987
06-17-2012, 11:02 PM
They won't let us call ourselves just Macedonians.

Who cares what they think? We call ourselves Maceonian, no one can tell you who you are or how you should identify as. More than 130 countries have recognized our constitutional name Republic of Macedonia... so who cares about a country of 10 million 5 years olds?

AkisGreece
06-17-2012, 11:06 PM
For nowdays. I'm trying to prove that majority of Northern Greeks are assimilated slavs

10% have Slavic roots in Nortern Greece,that is correct.
But watch out,Slavs in Greece were used in small rural communities to support agricultural production since the Byzantine era and by time they came in contact with local Greeks they got fully assimilated.

We can claim the same for some Bulgarians of Thracians origins...that they are Greeks,but it is pointless.

The funniest of all,is that some Slavs think of themselves are descendants of Alexander the Great,lol!!!

What people do not understand,is that FYROM is a gift for Greece,lol!
It is just a tiny poor state,and we already have bought all the serious infrastructure there,lol...
FYROM is a cake,that Serbia and Bulgaria fought in the past to eat it...maybe in the future the antagonism between these countries will rise again...thill then,FYROM serves Greece's purposes 100%

Midori
06-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Who cares what they think? We call ourselves Maceonian, no one can tell you who you are or how you should identify as. More than 130 countries have recognized our constitutional name Republic of Macedonia... so who cares about a country of 10 million 5 years olds?

But we speak a Slavic language.. I'm not sure if we have a right to call ourselves the name of an ancient Greek tribe. I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to finally have a real identity though.

Archduke
06-17-2012, 11:12 PM
10% have Slavic roots in Nortern Greece,that is correct.
But watch out,Slavs in Greece were used in small rural communities to support agricultural production since the Byzantine era and by time they came in contact with local Greeks they got fully assimilated.

We can claim the same for some Bulgarians of Thracians origins...that they are Greeks,but it is pointless.

The funniest of all,is that some Slavs think of themselves are descendants of Alexander the Great,lol!!!

What people do not understand,is that FYROM is a gift for Greece,lol!
It is just a tiny poor state,and we already have bought all the serious infrastructure there,lol...
FYROM is a cake,that Serbia and Bulgaria fought in the past to eat it...maybe in the future the antagonism between these countries will rise again...thill then,FYROM serves Greece's purposes 100%

The Balkans are very unique place. Everybody claims something. :thumb001: :D

AkisGreece
06-17-2012, 11:13 PM
The Balkans are very unique place. Everybody claims something. :thumb001: :D

Don't you agree with what i wrote?

Archduke
06-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Don't you agree with what i wrote?

Sure i agree. For first time i'm seeing greek who confessed that there are assimilated Slavs in Northern Greece.

AkisGreece
06-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Sure i agree. For first time i'm seeing greek who confessed that there are assimilated Slavs in Northern Greece.

As a lover of women, i can see the difference with Thessaloniki women.
These sure have Slavic Haplogroup.

I also would like to inform you,that most of the abortions come from Thesaloniki in Greece,where women are dressed more like Slavic women,take Russian ones for example.
Their sex ethics are way less tight than those of Southern Greece or the islands.

Greeks got crazy with Slavic women in the past and i am sure most of my ancestors mated with Slavic women!
I can see it in myself,meeting with a Slavic lady is always a suprise!

El Gre
06-18-2012, 02:28 AM

n Macedonia the population was slavic, only Halkidiki and the areas around the sea were greek, even population movement, wars and civil wars can't change the ethnic picture so dramatically. You can see ethnic maps from the end of the 19 century, and if you deny that there were many assimilated slavs, you are simply dumb.

Not just Halkidiki and the coast, the entire southern part of Macedonia from the Kastoria(kostur) Ptolemaida(kailar) Naousa(Negush) line was purely Hellenic with scattered Vlach villages.

Yes there are assimilated Slavs in Northern Greece, but not as many as you believe. Many left during the exchange with Bulgaria and then more left with the Civil War. The ones that stayed you call "Grkomani". Yes they are there and completely assimilated and very PRO Greek . Bulgarians were burning thier villages because they wouldnt join the exarchate.

Now do YOU admit that there are also Greeks who lived the transition zone where Greek met Slav like Serres, Kilkis etc who learned to speak Bulgarian because of years of contact with them????

Queen B
06-18-2012, 09:15 AM
The real hellenization begins after the Balkan wars, the evil bands of Pavlos Melas are not there, but there is something more terrible for Slavs, they are in Hellenic country, which means that they will be repressed and one day assimilated.
After Balkan wars, in case you didn't know, (majority of) Bulgarians were moved back to Bulgaria, and Greeks moved back to Greece.
After the first WW, more than 100.000 were moved back, actually.
Also, Pomaks left during Greco-Turkish wars, and then some more Bulgarians during the civil war.
The ethnic Bulgarians that remain, are the Pomaks of Thrace, mostly.
The assimiliated Slavs are very few, and they are not modern, but from before, actually.
You can't assimiliate someone in 50 years.

It is full of ethnic maps of the Balkans and Macedonia, there you can see that in the modern borders of Bulgaria there is big Turkish minoroty, and today it still remains, yet in Greece there is also very big minority of Slavs, Albanians and Turks back then, and today they disappeared. How could this happen?

Do you actually know what you are talking about, or not :rotfl:?

The Bulgarians are the only slavs who lived in Macedonia.[/QUOTE]

morski
06-18-2012, 10:07 AM
After Balkan wars, in case you didn't know, (majority of) Bulgarians were moved back to Bulgaria, and Greeks moved back to Greece.
After the first WW, more than 100.000 were moved back, actually.
Also, Pomaks left during Greco-Turkish wars, and then some more Bulgarians during the civil war.
The ethnic Bulgarians that remain, are the Pomaks of Thrace, mostly.
The assimiliated Slavs are very few, and they are not modern, but from before, actually.
You can't assimiliate someone in 50 years.

Do you actually know what you are talking about, or not :rotfl:?

The Bulgarians are the only slavs who lived in Macedonia.[/QUOTE]

Just not true.