PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever registered on a Dating Website

Mortimer
06-15-2012, 09:24 PM
- I tried a few, and had some pleasant conversations with the opposite sex but never got to meet someone
-Newest i just registered on an IR dating site, to see what kind of people are into this IR stuff - never registered on one before. There are few hot looking Wimminz. I filled out my Race as "East Indian". Lets see how many will write me or be surprised when they see my picture that im "really East Indian". My Photo is still pending though.

Mary
06-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Yes, it's mostly for sex.

Strawberry
06-15-2012, 09:29 PM
it works for some people, but to me it just seems desperate.. i think its also embarressing to say you met your bf/gf on the internet.

Didriksson
06-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Never! It's considered weird and dangerous here.

Mary
06-15-2012, 09:37 PM
it works for some people, but to me it just seems desperate.. i think its also embarressing to say you met your bf/gf on the internet.

Yeah, "we met on the Internet" sounds:

http://a.wattpad.net/cover/1281073-256-828817.jpg

Germanicus
06-15-2012, 09:37 PM
A few of my workmates have used internet dating websites, apparently there is a lot of lonely women out there only needing sex without the need for relationships.

Melina
06-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Yes I have registered once and got on some dates. To be honest I would rather meet my future boyfriend face to face. The internet is a portal of lies. I have met men who put the most flattering pics but in person it is a different story. Most of them are losers that don't have jobs..

Mortimer
06-15-2012, 09:54 PM
A few of my workmates have used internet dating websites, apparently there is a lot of lonely women out there only needing sex without the need for relationships.

but not my cup of tea. im interested in coffe/conversation.:)
i filled that out as my option. platonic relationships for me only:)

Fortis in Arduis
06-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Why did you lie and put 'East Indian'?

Yes, I have, and I never met anyone interesting. Mostly it's people who want sex without commitment, which is boring.

Mortimer
06-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Why did you lie and put 'East Indian'?

Yes, I have, and I never met anyone interesting. Mostly it's people who want sex without commitment, which is boring.

There is no "Roma/Gypsy" Option.

Fortis in Arduis
06-15-2012, 10:16 PM
There is no "Roma/Gypsy" Option.

That would be North-West Indian though.

Mortimer
06-15-2012, 10:18 PM
That would be North-West Indian though.

Yes "Eas Indian" means just every Indian from India. West Indian would be an Amerindian in this sense.:D

Hurrem sultana
06-15-2012, 10:28 PM
no never

Mary
06-16-2012, 12:05 AM
http://cdn.memestache.com/2012/1/7/philosoraptor_117453_1326625203.jpg

Mortimer
06-16-2012, 12:09 AM

I found someone interesting on every dating site so far, someone to have a conversation with.

Mary
06-16-2012, 12:20 AM
I found someone interesting on every dating site so far, someone to have a conversation with.

Why don't you simply go out and talk to people in real life?

Supreme American
06-16-2012, 12:23 AM

Beats a bar!

Supreme American
06-16-2012, 12:24 AM

How did you meet your beloved Baboon?

Vasconcelos
06-16-2012, 12:26 AM
Never.

Mary
06-16-2012, 12:43 AM
How did you meet your beloved Baboon?

In high school.

Mortimer
06-16-2012, 12:48 AM
In high school.

Interesting. In Russia or Rumania? Thats quiete Romantic. To meet someone on the Net is really not that Romantic. But you can always meet him/her in Real life though still. Yet i dont know if i would want that. Im just looking basically to meet someone interesting maybe, for talk just. To get deeper into the minds/thinking of people.

Hurrem sultana
06-16-2012, 12:52 AM
well it is one thing to go on a dating site(thats pathetic) but i dont think it is strange to meet someone on facebook(through friends or so)

Mortimer
06-16-2012, 12:54 AM
well it is one thing to go on a dating site(thats pathetic) but i dont think it is strange to meet someone on facebook(through friends or so)

There are several positives of Dating Sites

-Bigger Audience then in Real Life
-Searchable after Personal Taste and Criteria in a few Seconds
-You can look specific (Jewish Dating, African Dating, Muslim Dating, Christian Datin, White Dating, etc.)

Mary
06-16-2012, 12:56 AM
Interesting. In Russia or Rumania? Thats quiete Romantic. To meet someone on the Net is really not that Romantic. But you can always meet him/her in Real life though still. Yet i dont know if i would want that. Im just looking basically to meet someone interesting maybe, for talk just. To get deeper into the minds/thinking of people.

In Sweden. Only losers hang on dating sites. If you're going to meet someone you've got to meet in real life. There are loads of single women out there.

Mortimer
06-16-2012, 12:58 AM
In Sweden. Only losers hang on dating sites. If you're going to meet someone you've got to meet in real life. There are loads of single women out there.

Look up my post above (Response to Bosnian)

Supreme American
06-16-2012, 01:51 AM
In high school.

So where does he fall on your Racial Ladder?

Supreme American
06-16-2012, 01:52 AM

Dating sites greatly expand the pool of people that can be met and sorted through in a short period of time. They are very advantageous.

Mary
06-16-2012, 01:54 AM
So where does he fall on your Racial Ladder?

European. I've already written about it in the hate thread.

Dating sites greatly expand the pool of people that can be met and sorted through in a short period of time. They are very advantageous.

If they were able to get a relationship they would already have gotten one without the Internet.

Supreme American
06-16-2012, 01:56 AM
European. I've already written about it in the hate thread.

Looks more like the Armenian type which is what I'd call nominally European.

If they were able to get a relationship they would already have gotten one without the Internet.

That is just dumb.

Mortimer
06-16-2012, 01:59 AM

Being able to get a Relationship and getting the Right one are Worlds apart.

edit: and thats also a weird prejudice exhibited by you.

Neanderthal
06-16-2012, 02:06 AM
Uh I have never registered on any dating site -but- I had meet people online then irl and i've had pleasing encounters. I don't see anything bad with couples meeting online, it works sometimes, or so I have heard...

Mary
06-16-2012, 02:07 AM
Looks more like the Armenian type which is what I'd call nominally European.

You obviously don't know what Armenians look like.

That is just dumb.

If you are attractive as a partner you will get several propositions a day as a man and about a dozen propositions a day as a woman. That means that in a week an attractive man will get at least 10 propositions from women and an attractive woman will get at least 100 propositions from men. In a month that makes 40 propositions for a man and 400 propositions for a woman. Even if a man is very picky and willing to date only 1 in 40 women, he will be off the market in one month. If a woman only wants to date 1 man in 1000 she will be off the market in 10 weeks.

So why would any attractive person need to be on a dating site to find a partner? They don't.

rhiannon
06-16-2012, 02:08 AM
Yep.
Something called Dreammates....which was more like NIGHTMAREFROMHELL mates.

and

Match.com.

Met hubs through Match.com. He sent me this message which was sort of silly and dorky. Just like him:thumb001:

Hurrem sultana
06-16-2012, 02:09 AM
If you are attractive as a partner you will get several propositions a day as a man and about a dozen propositions a day as a woman. That means that in a week an attractive man will get at least 10 propositions from women and an attractive woman will get at least 100 propositions from men. In a month that makes 40 propositions for a man and 400 propositions for a woman. Even if a man is very picky and wiling to date only 1 in 40 women, he will be off the market in one month. If a woman only wants to date 1 man in 1000 she will be off the market in 10 weeks.

Where do this prepositions happen? what if the person does not go out that often

Mortimer
06-16-2012, 02:10 AM
If you are attractive as a partner you will get several propositions a day as a man and about a dozen propositions a day as a woman. That means that in a week an attractive man will get at least 10 propositions from women and an attractive woman will get at least 100 propositions from men. In a month that makes 40 propositions for a man and 400 propositions for a woman. Even if a man is very picky and willing to date only 1 in 40 women, he will be off the market in one month. If a woman only wants to date 1 man in 1000 she will be off the market in 10 weeks.

So why would any attractive person need to be on a dating site to find a partner? They don't.

LOL. Where would you meet so many People? Only if you are VERY VERY Outgoing and are always met on places with many People.

Mortimer
06-16-2012, 02:11 AM
Where do this prepositions happen? what if the person does not go out that often

exactly. i meet kinda always the same people in my town.

Mary
06-16-2012, 02:11 AM

It can happen anywhere. Well, if you would go out you would get propositioned, that's the point.

Mary
06-16-2012, 02:12 AM
LOL. Where would you meet so many People? Only if you are VERY VERY Outgoing and are always met on places with many People.

You take a walk through town, you check out the selection, hang out somewhere. And when you see someone you like you go up and talk to them.

Mortimer
06-16-2012, 02:14 AM
It can happen anywhere. Well, if you would go out you would get propositioned, that's the point.

not everyone is that outgoing, but that doesnt minor their qualities as partners or friends. (im not talking about me here obviously).

Mary
06-16-2012, 02:15 AM
not everyone is that outgoing, but that doesnt minor their qualities as partners or friends. (im not talking about me here obviously).

Yeah, it does. I think that shy people make bad partners.

Osprey
06-16-2012, 02:16 AM

Preposition?
That means on,in,to....

Mortimer

maybe they are not even shy just dont like "the heat"

Hurrem sultana

maybe in the case of guys but girls are okay ,it is usually the guys that will come up to us after all

Mortimer
06-16-2012, 02:19 AM
maybe in the case of guys but girls are okay ,it is usually the guys that will come up to us after all

what if a guy is shy in the first place but once he knows you he gets open.

what if he is shy but

-intelligent
-succesful
-handsome
-caring

and another has just big mouth and bragging abilities but is zero as family man?

btw (im not talking about myself here)

Melina
06-16-2012, 02:21 AM

I have met men when I go out but the truth is men in the U.S are cowards. European men are more easy going. Europeans can carry out very interesting conversations while men here just think about "muh dik."

evon
06-16-2012, 02:24 AM
Yup, but i prefer meeting girls in real life first...although i have had more success with on-line women in the past...here its common to meet on-line by the way...

Mary
06-16-2012, 02:27 AM
what if a guy is shy in the first place but once he knows you he gets open.

what if he is shy but

-intelligent
-succesful
-handsome
-caring

and another has just big mouth and bragging abilities but is zero as family man?

btw (im not talking about myself here)

For me personally shy is a deal breaker.

ricko0812
06-16-2012, 02:36 AM
nope i have never had to do a online dating service

~Elizabeth~
06-16-2012, 08:26 AM
A few years ago I did the questionnaire on eharmony.com
I never communicated with anyone from there.
I had what I think was a free initial trial, with my email and photo (license photo).
But they didn't filter how I wanted it to be filtered, even though I listed my preferences, so I was bombarded by responses to just my profile or whatever, and I didn't like any of them, and I couldn't block eharmony or cancel, or it couldn't be cancelled, so I terminated my email account altogether. I don't know if that counts or not. I was not a registered /subscribed member, just a trial.

Aces High
06-16-2012, 09:49 AM
8IQJNwvtkmg

Germanicus
06-16-2012, 11:40 AM

For some people that is all they need in their lives, why complicate things even more?

Talvi
06-16-2012, 11:53 AM
I know quite a few people who have met their partners on some internet dating/social site. I think one pair is married now, and the others have been living together for years.

It might not be very romantic to say that you met your SO on the internet (or in a bar when drunk) but if it works for you then thats all that matters.

Mortimer
06-16-2012, 05:50 PM
I send a "wink" to a beautiful black jamaican woman. Seems like a interesting person. Maybe she will write me if she is paid member and able to.

Aces High
06-16-2012, 07:17 PM
I had a "wank" to a ugly black jamaican woman.

corrected.

Mortimer
06-16-2012, 07:20 PM
corrected.

if she were ugly i wouldnt have "winked" her, i got a good taste in wimminz. i want to start a conversation with a black woman because i never did before, there are plenty of white women on the site who are just as hot or hotter even, but i had conversations with white girls before and im familiar with white culture, yet not with black culture and black people. i want to make myself familiar with them.

Virtuous
06-16-2012, 07:23 PM

Depends in which case, dating...like voluntarily going onto websites to meet a girl is indeed desperate, but what if you meet in an unexpected manner, and NOT on a dating site?

Dacul
06-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Never.

Mortimer
06-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Depends in which case, dating...like voluntarily going onto websites to meet a girl is indeed desperate, but what if you meet in an unexpected manner, and NOT on a dating site?

i dont think the first is desperate, as well we could call people who go to bars to meet girls as desperate. internet is a whole new world, where people can meet.

Aces High
06-16-2012, 07:27 PM
i got a good taste in wimminz.

Well let me apologize oh Errol Flynn of the internet and online gypsy community.

:rolleyes:

Mortimer
06-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Well let me apologize oh Errol Flynn of the internet and online gypsy community.

:rolleyes:

you are a funny guy. ;)

Virtuous
06-16-2012, 07:54 PM
i dont think the first is desperate, as well we could call people who go to bars to meet girls as desperate. internet is a whole new world, where people can meet.

Hmm, maybe you're right. But to me the best way to meet a person is incidentally, I consider dating kind of "forced" thing, like you force yourself to fall in love with a person.

Mortimer
06-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Hmm, maybe you're right. But to me the best way to meet a person is incidentally, I consider dating kind of "forced" thing, like you force yourself to fall in love with a person.

also true to some degree.;)

The Lively Rock
06-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Yes, it's mostly for sex.

Dude does it really work ? I mean never registered on a dating website but if i could if there's sex with a hot chick, LOL

Dacul
06-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Dude does it really work ? I mean never registered on a dating website but if i could if there's sex with a hot chick, LOL

Hot chicks?
On dating sites?
Lol.

Mraz
06-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Yes I did : muslima.com.
But they say my picture doesn't fit the site because I need a beard.

Mary
06-16-2012, 09:20 PM

It can work if you have a specific kink. Not for regular sex.

Fortis in Arduis
06-16-2012, 09:29 PM

One would have expected a site like that to be a bit more ecumenical. That's jolly unfair. I would complain if I were you.

Mortimer
06-16-2012, 11:37 PM
I send a "wink" to a beautiful black jamaican woman. Seems like a interesting person. Maybe she will write me if she is paid member and able to.

she send me wink back"to tell her more about myself". nice.:)
do you think it would be worth to pay for the service, i dont think i will ever go to jamaica. and just for internet conversation i doubt i should spend the money.

-thoughts?

Útrám
06-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Internet anonymousness brings out the contrived persona of people. I prefer real life encounters, where I've had much better luck.

Dacul
06-16-2012, 11:49 PM

Lol you really registered there?

Mortimer
06-17-2012, 12:00 AM
Internet anonymousness brings out the contrived persona of people. I prefer real life encounters, where I've had much better luck.

I got equally luck in Internet as in Real Life, basically not really. In Real Life i go to less out and on Internet there are all kind of weirdos/fakers/scammers etc.

Óttar
06-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Yes. Sometimes, it's hard to meet people in the real world when they always blibbity blab about dumb shit like 'Ghost Busters' and mortgage payments. Then there are house parties where all the chicks that show up came with a dude. :rage

The internet is wierd sometimes, because people don't take dating sites very seriously, or they at least pretend not to. I think the internet is a great medium to find sensual fulfillment if only these chicks weren't so stupid.

I got lucky once or twice, but a lot of the times, I'll meet up with an online person at a bar or restaurant and there will be no chemistry and the conversation will fizzle out. What really surprises me about this is, one chick was into Anglo Saxon, Old Norse and Icelandic. She had studied at Oxford. Still NOTHING. Flat. Crickets chirping in a field. Our conversation flopped and that was it.

With how crazy things are nowadays, i.e. people working like crazy, studying 18 hours a day for med school, going off to Timbuktu etc. I wonder how people ever get into relationships. This is coming from a guy who went to a top northeastern college, has been to Germany and India, and speaks a number of languages.

Mortimer
06-17-2012, 12:43 AM
for me the biggest problem while internet dating was distance so far and fakers/scammers, but with the ones i think were reall it was the distance

~Elizabeth~
06-17-2012, 05:13 AM
I think it depends on the website.
Years ago eharmony.com was constantly on the tv with it's commercials of couples who met thru them and got married because they were so compatible with each other. Smiling wholesome couples. I wanted to have that too.

Another one I've seen ads for is christiansingles.com
There is also a catholicsingles.com (I'm not Catholic).

I live in an area where there aren't any men I want to date. I want someone with my ethnic background or at least partly of my background. I'm an American blend of English, Scottish, Welsh, Czechoslovak, German, Huguenot, and Dutch.
But where I live everyone is either Hispanic (all the various countries), Jewish, Caribbean, Black, or Italian. There is also a Russian community, a Greek community (some distance away, not near me), and at work I knew of one Irish man (he was married). Then there was this one guy who was half Swedish and half American, but he was a far right wing, fundamentalist, misogynist (he thinks women and animals don't have souls), Jehovah Witness who was a friend of my mom (?! my mom likes to argue with him), but I didn't like him. There is only one white guy in my neighborhood, don't know his ethnicity, but he is about seven feet tall (a giant), huge, and maybe 70 years old. I'm five feet tall. There was one man, a former neighbor (Dutch-American) who became my boyfriend, briefly, but some weird stuff was going on with him, my landlord caught him trying to break in one day, and other stuff.
Aside from my own mother, I do not know even one person who has English ancestry. I wish I lived in the Midwest or Northwest or New England or maybe even Canada or New Zealand.

The Lively Rock
06-17-2012, 08:14 AM
Hot chicks?
On dating sites?
Lol.

haha :D I didn't think so anyway :D that's why i don't go on there

It can work if you have a specific kink. Not for regular sex.
Uuuh. Well to be honest. If you live here (that's me in this case :D ) you shouldn't expect regular sex anyway :D Lol

SilverKnight
06-18-2012, 05:59 AM
Yes and met my future wife there (fortunately) and we're both happily together after more then a year.

If you have good dedication into the relationship it works no matter if you met that person in a dating site or not. Also, you get to meet more variety of people on dating sites not to forget that many of them provide/include matching tools that will aid you in your search.

Moonbird
06-23-2012, 10:20 PM
No, I've never tried it. Prefer meeting people in real life.

Mago
07-24-2012, 09:54 AM
i have registered and got laid a few times out of it, but i would never married anyone i met on the internet, i don't like the idea of 'i met my wife on the internet', i prefer meet my normal dates out and about in the real world and perhaps at work. But it seems that everyone and their mother had or is using dating sites this days.

Mistel
08-27-2012, 07:05 PM
I recently registered on a couple of websites. I thought it would be a good way of finding someone who was really compatible for me as there is more choice and you everyone is there for a specific person. I am not so sure about it so far though because I have come across a few "weirdos" as I shall call them :-)

Mistel
08-27-2012, 07:06 PM
i have registered and got laid a few times out of it, but i would never married anyone i met on the internet, i don't like the idea of 'i met my wife on the internet', i prefer meet my normal dates out and about in the real world and perhaps at work. But it seems that everyone and their mother had or is using dating sites this days.

Yes, everyone does seem to using them, don't they? Why wouldn't you ever consider someone though? You could meet some serious people on there, not just people who want to get laid. But I see where you are coming from. I would refer to meet people in the real world too.

Arthas
08-28-2012, 11:03 AM
I doubt I'll ever become desperate enough to register on a dating website.

Atlas
10-07-2012, 06:32 AM
Some of the comments here are incorrect - most girls on dating site are NOT looking only for easy sex, unless you only dig up some e-hookers with weird profiles.

I've met three girls through these sites and it worked for a while, sometimes better than with other ex I'd knew IRL...

It's mainly for lazy or shy people, I'm personaly more lazy than shy and I don't like being rejected, or at least prefer to be ignored online than rejected IRL so that's indeed my way to meet up with chicks I'd otherwise never had known, for the better, for the worst too, but ultimately for the better.

Caismeachd
10-07-2012, 08:32 AM
A lot of women on dating sites use it for narcissistic reasons. They like the flood of compliments and attention. I've used them before because I can be a little shy and it's difficult to meet people in general, but I don't take them seriously at all. The sorts of women that use them often are just looking for casual sex anyways and nothing serious. But it's a mixed bag.

1f54142
10-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Not yet hahaha

calibri
10-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Worth a go as an addition to your everyday life and pool of people to choose from, not a replacement! Had some success when I was freshly in America and trying to do some dating in Jacksonville (http://badoo.com/dating/usa/jacksonville-96558/). One girl even came to visit me when I was back in England. Hard to find good-looking girls on there though - most of them get hit on all the time anyway, and really don't need an additional 50 brazen sex offers a week.

papa diddy pop
10-27-2012, 02:20 PM
thanks to online dating site,I have met jabba the hutt

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7281/1325992807adoptowned.png

EagleAtHeart
11-09-2012, 04:18 AM

Anglojew
11-09-2012, 05:12 AM
Anyone else on JDate?

Tabiti
11-09-2012, 05:15 AM
1. I have two legs.
2. I have two arms.
3. I have two eyes.
4. I can say/write my name flawless.
5. I'm not a psycho serial killer.
6. I'm not a sexual maniac.

Why should I register on a dating site?

Han Cholo
11-09-2012, 05:32 AM
Some of the comments here are incorrect - most girls on dating site are NOT looking only for easy sex, unless you only dig up some e-hookers with weird profiles.

I've met three girls through these sites and it worked for a while, sometimes better than with other ex I'd knew IRL...

It's mainly for lazy or shy people, I'm personaly more lazy than shy and I don't like being rejected, or at least prefer to be ignored online than rejected IRL so that's indeed my way to meet up with chicks I'd otherwise never had known, for the better, for the worst too, but ultimately for the better.

Know that feel bro. But also depends what do you consider dating sites. I have seen cases on this forum and on others where people have gotten married. Most of the people I saw appeared to be average-to-decent looking side rather ugly weirdos.

mysticism
11-09-2012, 05:45 AM

No. I dated a shy girl once and it was horrible. Never know what they're feeling, always frustrated with them and they make everything awkward.

bocc
12-23-2012, 03:43 PM
I have not used one but from what I have heard from close friends they work a lot better than you think they would.

Scarlet Ibis
12-28-2012, 07:30 AM
Almost 10 years ago, i tried one of those sites that have some kind of personality matching algorithm. To be frank, though, I found the whole thing to be too boring. It was too much like getting quick, easy, pre-made matches, which is fine to an extent, but it definitely doesn't compare to the joy (and sometimes pain) of meeting people by chance, and getting to know their personalities through the classic way of conversation, etc.

It seems like it can work for people in many cases, but it just didn't work out for me. I found "the one" through other means.

I'm still acquaintances with someone I found on that dating site, though. He's a great guy.

Absinthe
12-28-2012, 07:58 AM
I once registered on a Greek dating site because I was doing research for a relationship column I was writing.

I must clarify beforehand that I hate dating sites; I find them to be utterly pointless and laughable.
Too many desperate people. Too many weirdos. Too many trolls. Too many impostors. Perhaps a fair share of predators as well.

So I registered at this particular one because, unlike others which only had a chatroom, this one had a relationship forum. I lurked and got ideas for my column and then at some point I decided to participate.

What I got for simply speaking my mind about other people's problems was:
- hate mail from older, bitter women
- dating requests from older men
- pictures of guys' dicks
- one request from a guy who wanted to ejaculate on my feet
- one request for a threesome by a guy and his girlfriend who obviously had fake profile photos

So I simply logged out and never visited again. If there is a worse place to get a proper date, I can't think of one other than dating sites. :D

The Alchemist
12-28-2012, 08:41 AM
Never. Fortunately i've never been a desperate case like the ones who need that....

Dacul
12-29-2012, 07:36 PM
I never registered on a dating web site.

Maleficent
01-09-2013, 08:55 PM
No, never.

Virtuous
01-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Apricity is a porn/dating website, so yes.

Corvus
01-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Yes but without success

Dessy
07-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Yes but only to get points from an android app :p

I don't see myself using dating sites, I prefer meeting people in person

Aerin
10-13-2013, 01:15 PM
I have registered once, but, honestly, the guys who talked to me and asked me out all seemed like complete creepers.
And the women there seemed pretty desperate aswell.

shayanjameel08
11-06-2013, 05:43 AM
Yes but it is not much better

Mortimer
11-11-2013, 09:45 AM
i just registered at JDATE

Annihilus
11-11-2013, 09:52 AM
i just registered at JDATE

Jewdate?:D

Mortimer
11-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Jewdate?:D

jewish singles yes

Misfit
11-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Yes, I was curious about it and realized portuguese people are still not very familiar with it but German, Swedish and Polish chicks seemed to dig me a lot.

cally
02-01-2014, 03:11 PM
No, because I know it won't go anywhere. Plus, some people on these sites are creepy as hell. It's best to meet people in real life :)

Hadouken
02-01-2014, 03:13 PM
yes and i am glad that i did :biggrin:

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/california-norcal/805709d1370480032-should-strava-abandon-kom-dh-2790387-if-you-know-what-i-mean.png

Also
02-01-2014, 03:16 PM
No, never. Does it works?

The Illyrian Warrior
02-01-2014, 03:18 PM
yes and i am glad that i did :biggrin:

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/california-norcal/805709d1370480032-should-strava-abandon-kom-dh-2790387-if-you-know-what-i-mean.png

Ohh, did it go out well for you with Portuguese chick you've mention before in TCH. ;)

KrashNick
02-01-2014, 03:21 PM
hell no

Hadouken
02-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Ohh, did it go out well for you with Portuguese chick you've mention before in TCH. ;)

i was talking about datingsites here in germany lol

The Illyrian Warrior
02-01-2014, 03:23 PM
i was talking about datingsites here in germany lol

I don't believe this shits tbh, but since we're speaking about dating sites....can be called somewhat successful dating sites there?!

Farah
02-01-2014, 03:26 PM
No. I don't feel comfortable with the concept although I know it caters to many people's needs/comfort zones, so it's good they exist.

Hadouken
02-01-2014, 03:28 PM
I don't believe this shits tbh,

lol i have met at least 10 girls from dating sites no joke.....ask my friend -nicola- he met a lot also

but now most sites became boring because it is overused and women get 10000 mails daily by a lot of creepers and idiots so it is harder now

but since we're speaking about dating sites....can be called somewhat successful dating sites there?!

didnt understand this question

what do you mean

The Illyrian Warrior
02-01-2014, 03:32 PM
didnt understand this question

what do you mean

I meant do people had success finding soul-mate in these dating sites you were registered in?!

Hadouken
02-01-2014, 03:34 PM
I meant do people had success finding soul-mate in these dating sites you were registered in?!

yes :) well soulmate i dont know lol but i know a few people irl who found their girlfriend/boyfriend online

armenianbodyhair
02-04-2014, 01:36 AM
Only to troll

Fear Fiain
02-08-2014, 06:30 AM
I signed up on jdate because I wanted to make money by dating ugly rich jewish girls but I haven't had any luck. I'm going to see if I can find a jewish friend to take me to synagogue.

Han Cholo
02-08-2014, 07:04 AM
I don't like this idea, but I have friends who have fucked girls from badoo that have told me very impressive histories.

GrebluBro
02-08-2014, 07:06 AM
Yes I have registered once and got on some dates. To be honest I would rather meet my future boyfriend face to face. The internet is a portal of lies. I have met men who put the most flattering pics but in person it is a different story. Most of them are losers that don't have jobs..

How about women? they are worse than men :picard2:

Rambo07
02-12-2014, 12:31 AM
I think its all about options. If your busy with work, the crowd around you is not your type, then dating websites can be really helpful. Yes they do have your weirdos and rejects, but they are also a lot of people who are potentially your type. I know several people who met their fiancees through match.com. OKcupid is just there for getting pussy lol.

Maleficent
02-15-2014, 04:28 AM
Meeting your future spouse on the Internet doesn't sound romantic in the least. I shall one day trick my teenage sweetheart into finally manning up and asking me to be his girlfriend.

King Oskar
02-20-2014, 03:06 AM
Meeting your future spouse on the Internet doesn't sound romantic in the least. I shall one day trick my teenage sweetheart into finally manning up and asking me to be his girlfriend.

Well, for some people, it doesn't hurt to open up an account. If you actually responded to my profile, it must've worked for something, right? Besides that, if you don't go out to sleazy bars or lame clubs and would rather not hit on total strangers in random locations where your "type" would congregate, I don't see why it doesn't hurt to be direct. That way, everyone knows what the other person wants, and how much they suit one another.

That being said, I guess that would be in a perfect world. But not everyone is willing to be honest, or even take it seriously. Sucks for them, but it also sucks for the people who are willing to try and reach out.

Also
02-20-2014, 03:09 AM
I registered once, I had women all over me sending me naked picz and stuff. But I am not that kind of guy, I am looking for a serious stable relationship with someone whom I can identify with.

King Oskar
02-20-2014, 03:16 AM
Every time I'd try to look at profiles, women from 20-23 all had something wrong with them, assuming they were not obese.

One girl claims to not be shallow, but talks condescendingly towards males who are x or fail to meet x criteria. The majority of them claim to be "done with games".. So many negative implications there.

Others just say ridiculous things, many write the same old "i don't know how to do this thing, just msg me" bullshit or some variation of what is essentially "i'm not going to put any effort into this but I expect many of you to fight for my attention"

One could make a website documentating all of this crazy female dating profile shit, as I'm sure that one exists, but I couldn't find it. Women's dating profiles in general are much worse than men's, at least the younger you go, it seems. It gets a bit better in the mid to late 20s, but surprisingly not as much as I could've hoped.

GrebluBro
02-20-2014, 03:16 AM
I registered once, I had women all over me sending me naked picz and stuff. But I am not that kind of guy, I am looking for a serious stable relationship with someone whom I can identify with.

How old are you?

I bet you're close to my age..18-25?

Also
02-20-2014, 03:22 AM
How old are you?

I bet you're close to my age..18-25?

I had twice your age when you had one tenth of your current age.

Maleficent
02-20-2014, 03:58 AM
Well, for some people, it doesn't hurt to open up an account. If you actually responded to my profile, it must've worked for something, right? Besides that, if you don't go out to sleazy bars or lame clubs and would rather not hit on total strangers in random locations where your "type" would congregate, I don't see why it doesn't hurt to be direct. That way, everyone knows what the other person wants, and how much they suit one another.

That being said, I guess that would be in a perfect world. But not everyone is willing to be honest, or even take it seriously. Sucks for them, but it also sucks for the people who are willing to try and reach out.

You have a point.

Anyway your name gives me déjŕ vu.

Manifest Destiny
02-20-2014, 05:25 AM

Why don't you ask him? Fortune favors the bold and all that.

rhiannon
02-20-2014, 07:14 AM
Meeting your future spouse on the Internet doesn't sound romantic in the least. I shall one day trick my teenage sweetheart into finally manning up and asking me to be his girlfriend.It can be:thumb001:

Linebacker
03-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Yea Im on Facebook.

UrsaMajor
04-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Apart from Facebook, no.
I have foolish hope in the conjugation of random circumstances.

Linebacker
04-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Yes I have,for the laughs,we used the good looking guys in our class to set up dates with girls and then not go.It was pretty funny shit.

armenianbodyhair
04-04-2014, 01:06 AM
I made a joke one on ok cupid with a scat fetish. I didn't get any responses. :(

Kalimtari
04-04-2014, 06:54 PM
nein

Virtuous
04-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Aw shet mayte I thought this was a day thing website itself.

Kale
09-27-2014, 11:09 PM
I made a joke one on ok cupid with a scat fetish. I didn't get any responses. :(

Or perhaps you got so many that the system got...clogged. lol

Anyways, I'd like to get back on top(ic). I'm thinking about trying it, since there are basically no social places where I am where one can meet people (of either gender!) face to face. Which ones actually work? I just tried Badoo, but that's obviously a scam site.

Gustave H
09-27-2014, 11:11 PM
No. Hell no.

Kale
09-27-2014, 11:14 PM
No. Hell no.

But there might be Aryans!!!!

Gustave H
09-27-2014, 11:15 PM
But there might be Aryans!!!!

I'm engaged to a beautiful Aryan woman. One is all I need.

Kale
09-27-2014, 11:17 PM
I'm engaged to a beautiful Aryan woman. One is all I need.

Well the question was "did you ever registered"... that a lot of past tense! More than is even grammatically accurate! So you obviously show some past aversion to it, presumably in pre-meeting your fiance.

crimethink
09-29-2014, 09:15 AM
Met my wife via Yahoo! Personals in 1998. Been together for over 15 years now. :)

Shkembe Chorba
12-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Ive registered on The Apricity. It counts.

Freeroostah
12-26-2014, 02:01 PM
Yes, if you consider Tinder as a dating app lol

Trogdor
12-26-2014, 02:05 PM
I've never registered on a dating website and personally I don't plan to.

Corvus
12-27-2014, 03:04 PM
I tried it, but its more or less senseless because there are far more men than women active on these sites
Women have the agony of choice and so most of them cannot recognise the wood due all the trees.

You have to be an exceptional male indiviudal in all aspects to have success on such sites

Harley
12-30-2014, 11:18 PM
I met an ex from a forum we were both at since 2010. I was registered at OKCupid for four days. I accepted one date this year around Memorial Day and the guy forced himself on me. Diffused situation with weird humor and left unscathed. I quit OKCupid shortly after that.

I don't know many people who are into things I am into. I was hoping to meet people who could be friends(which I marked on my profile that I was not looking for romance), but mostly horn dogs looking for quick pleasure. I don't really have that kind of face or personality for that, so whatever.

Odin
07-30-2017, 09:47 PM
Nope.

Kamal900
07-30-2017, 09:53 PM
No. My father introduced me to my girl friend since he knows her father quite well(they're from the same refugee camp in Lebanon).

JMack
07-30-2017, 09:55 PM
Yes. Met my current girlfriend through Tinder.

Odin
07-30-2017, 09:57 PM
why not tho?

Full of ugly chicks.

WeißerJunge
07-30-2017, 09:58 PM
For sex, yes.