-ZQLk_hb-uI

iNird
06-16-2012, 12:21 AM
I fixed the link.

Get your tissues out Greeks.

:wink

El Gre
06-16-2012, 01:58 AM
Maybe the guy crying is an Albanian living in Greece. Have you thought of that?

Im certainly not emotional, i couldnt even finish the whole video.

Drawing-slim
06-16-2012, 03:11 AM
Can u post a link? Cant see it directly

iNird
06-16-2012, 03:45 AM
Maybe the guy crying is an Albanian living in Greece. Have you thought of that?

Im certainly not emotional, i couldnt even finish the whole video.

Laertis Vasileiou/Laert Vasili, he's half Greek half Albo apparently (representative of the Greek ethnos.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laert_Vasili

Don't worry I understand why you didn't finish the whole thing, scared the Arvanite might come out of you. Whole crowd was memeroized...another few minutes of the song they would of been screaming "UCK"....."Shqiperia Etnike"....."Ēamėria eshte Shqiperia"

:coffee:

Can u post a link? Cant see it directly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZQLk_hb-uI

Drawing-slim
06-16-2012, 04:03 AM
Betwen tosks and ghegs between all the dialects and traditions not only we're the oldest people in europe but the richest culture as well.

Xenomorph
06-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Maybe they just like the song? I've been awed by music not from my culture.

Flintlocke
06-16-2012, 06:53 PM
If you consider the map of Albania looking like a guy with an erection, Laberia is where the cock and balls are ;):p:D

http://www.albanianphotos.net/images/photos/thumbnails/LABERIA_600x0_w_3aa3bb71cc4c285a6d9f63cfdc763fdc.j pg

Turkophagos
06-18-2012, 08:53 AM
Greeks do polyphony better anyway:

ZIDPHQ4Y7l4

Btw Albos, do you have polyphonic songs outside Northern Epirus? Do you sing polyphonic songs in Shkodra or Kossovo?

Ushtari
06-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Btw Albos, do you have polyphonic songs outside Northern Epirus? Do you sing polyphonic songs in Shkodra or Kossovo?
Yes

Turkophagos
06-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Yes

Oh that's amazing, I've never heard about iso-polyphony in Kossovo. Can you post some songs?

Ushtari
06-18-2012, 09:00 AM
u have more information here

DSa1mZrBq1g

Turkophagos
06-18-2012, 09:21 AM
The Polyphonic song of Epirus is a form of traditional folk polyphony practiced among Greeks, Albanians, Aromanians and Macedonian Slavs in southern Albania and northwestern Greece. The polyphonic song of Epirus is not to be confused with other varieties of polyphonic singing, such as the yodeling songs of the region of Muotatal, or the Cantu a tenore of Sardinia.

In Greece

Among Greeks, polyphonic song is found in the northwestern Greek region of Ioannina(villages of Ano Pogoni) Parakalamos and some villages north of Konitsa), in very few villages in northeastern Thesprotia (Tsamantas, Lias, Vavouri, Povla) and mainly among the Greek minorities in southern Albania (Northern Epirus), for instance in the Greek-speaking villages such as Delvinė, Dropull, Pogon (Kato Pogoni), Poliēan, Himara and the cities of Sarandė and Gjirokastėr.[7] Among Greeks a second kind of polyphonic singing differing in maximum roughness is also performed in Karpathos and Pontos.

In Albania

Among Albanians, all four regions of Myzeqe, Toskeri, Chameria, and Labėria have the polyphonic song as part of their culture. Among Albanians a related form of polyphonic singing is also found in northern Albania in the area of Peshkopi, the Albanian communities of Kaēanik in Kosovo, the areas of Polog, Tetovo, Kicevo and Gostivar in Macedonia and the region of Malėsia in northern Albania and southern Montenegro.

Sounds like an Epirotan thing to me, sung by the original Greeek Epirotans and those who have been assimilated by Albanians, Latins and Slavs.

Ushtari
06-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Sounds more like an Albanian thing to me since its present in all Albanian regions, while among Greeks only in northern parts of Greece, i wonder why:rolleyes2:

Drawing-slim
06-18-2012, 09:30 AM
Sounds more like an Albanian thing to me since its present in all Albanian regions, while among Greeks only in northern parts of Greece, i wonder why:rolleyes2:

Because north greece alway to athines is albanian land and population:coffee:

Flintlocke
06-18-2012, 10:15 AM
I don't think it's an ancient form, it's probably a pan-European thing that has its roots in church choirs.

Italy:

yAsQ1NnTj40

Corsica:

_91yJDpI7Wo

iNird
06-18-2012, 02:16 PM

There are Ghegs in Macedonia that sing polyphonic songs. I'm not sure if they can be classified as iso-polyphony tho b/c I don't think the drone is clearly present. Here are a few examples:

4JtL_l-Z8rk

EFHPfseH5Cs

There are better examples because these two songs might be considered homo-phonic.....