PDA

View Full Version : Did modern Day Greeks come from ancient Egypt? Should they annex Cairo?

Guapo
06-18-2012, 02:08 AM
I read years ago that Pelasgians came from present day Egypt, and also explains the "th" sound in modern Greek

arcticwolf
06-18-2012, 02:17 AM
Yes! Give them the whole Egypt. Egypt je Ellada! :p

Sikeliot
06-18-2012, 02:24 AM
Other way around. Some Egyptians in places like Alexandria may have Greek ancestry.

kabeiros
07-04-2012, 11:05 PM
I read years ago that Pelasgians came from present day Egypt, and also explains the "th" sound in modern Greek

I read years ago that humanity came out of Africa, so what? Are we all negroes?

Neanderthal
07-04-2012, 11:07 PM

Partially yes, but Eurasians have something that other races doesn't (Neanderthal DNA.);)

Supreme American
07-04-2012, 11:11 PM

No - the races didn't develop until well later. The oldest Negro skeleton isn't even 10,000 years old.

Optimus
07-04-2012, 11:17 PM
If you mean connecting EV13 with Pelasgians not really.Pelasgians are supposed to be Neolithic or Bronze Age migrants from Anatolia and they probably brought J2(which one J2b2 or J2a i am not sure) and probably R1b-L23 subclades into the Balkans.EV13 was already present in Southern Europe when Pelasgians migrated in to the Balkans.Anyway this is just plain guesses.I have read that there is a upcoming study regarding the Neolithics in Balkans.We will have a lot of answers concerning whether they are our ancestors or not or eventually how much they have influenced our genepoole.

kabeiros
07-05-2012, 12:36 AM
If you mean connecting EV13 with Pelasgians not really.Pelasgians are supposed to be Neolithic or Bronze Age migrants from Anatolia and they probably brought J2(which one J2b2 or J2a i am not sure) and probably R1b-L23 subclades into the Balkans.EV13 was already present in Southern Europe when Pelasgians migrated in to the Balkans.Anyway this is just plain guesses.I have read that there is a upcoming study regarding the Neolithics in Balkans.We will have a lot of answers concerning whether they are our ancestors or not or eventually how much they have influenced our genepoole.
I knew all of this stuff but I was trying to be provocative...any way E1b1b1a1b aka V13 is of European origin and one of the few y-dna haplogroups that were allready in Europe before the neolithic. People asociate it with Africans because other E subclades are dominant in Africa but that's silly...for example R1b descends from P which descends from K which is present in South India but that doesn't make Britts Dravidians. In fact haplogroup R1b could have been named as K2b2b1b if the same method used for E-V13 was applied to K's descendants...

poiuytrewq0987
07-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Other way around. Some Egyptians in places like Alexandria may have Greek ancestry.

If so then such admixture is only from recent colonization due to Philhellenism and dreams of past glories that were never theirs and long gone.

The Greek community of Alexandria was founded in 1843. In 1907 the official census showed 62,973 Greeks living in Egypt. By 1940 Greeks were numbered at about 250,000. The Greek community in Alexandria lived around the Church and monastery of Agios Savvas. In the same area there was a guest house for Greek travellers, a Greek hospital and later a Greek school. The Orthodox bishop was based in Damietta in the church of Agios Nikolaos.

Greek community in Egypt is only 169 years old.

gold_fenix
07-05-2012, 09:26 AM
The problem is really we don't as ancient egypt looked, it is said copt are the true descends of ancient egypt and they don't look as average egyptian

I knew all of this stuff but I was trying to be provocative...any way E1b1b1a1b aka V13 is of European origin and one of the few y-dna haplogroups that were allready in Europe before the neolithic. People asociate it with Africans because other E subclades are dominant in Africa but that's silly...for example R1b descends from P which descends from K which is present in South India but that doesn't make Britts Dravidians. In fact haplogroup R1b could have been named as K2b2b1b if the same method used for E-V13 was applied to K's descendants...

E1b1b in Africa i think is from european (or euroasian) origin, there is a population in North of Spain (pasiegos) who was isolated and they have a high often of this haplogroup (together R1b, R1a and G) and this hasn't mean in North of Spain and their zone specially

kabeiros
07-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Well to be honest E1b1b is most likely of Levantine/Middle Eastern origin rather than European. But it is deffinetly of Caucasoid origin not Negroid.

kabeiros
07-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Partially yes, but Eurasians have something that other races doesn't (Neanderthal DNA.);)
Asians have Denisovan DNA and Sub-Saharan Africans have the most archaic admixture of all races...

Petros Houhoulis
07-28-2012, 12:09 AM
If so then such admixture is only from recent colonization due to Philhellenism and dreams of past glories that were never theirs and long gone.

Greek community in Egypt is only 169 years old.

Dusan, shut up, you have more E1b1b genes in your country than we have...

...But not that much really. Generally, you are as much bastardized as we are...

rashka
07-28-2012, 03:27 AM

Greek language does not have the Sh and Ch sounds. That is why it is very difficult for Greek people to learn slavic languages because all the slavic languages have an abundancy of the Sh, Ch and Dj, Zh sounds. However there is no soft or hard "th" in slavic languages.

AkisGreece
07-28-2012, 03:29 AM
Greek language does not have the Sh and Ch sounds.

You must be joking....

rashka
07-28-2012, 03:43 AM
You must be joking....

Instead of such a remarkably witty response why don't you just let the readers know some Greek words that use Sh and Ch?

AkisGreece
07-28-2012, 03:46 AM
Χίος

Σάμος

I guess you can read greek without translator...you must have been an expert since you participate in this thread.

:thumb001:

Γέλως
07-28-2012, 03:54 AM
Well, "sh" is indeed not used in the Greek language.

AkisGreece
07-28-2012, 03:56 AM
Διαβάσε τον Ulrich Wilcken !

rashka
07-28-2012, 04:01 AM
Χίος

Σάμος

I guess you can read greek without translator...you must have been an expert since you participate in this thread.

:thumb001:

Who are you trying to fool?

Two Islands in the Aegean Sea near Turkey. Samos and Chios.
Chios pronounced Khíos and Híos. There is no CH.
Samos has no Sh, only S.

Sigma (upper case Σ, lower case σ, lower case in word-final position ς; Greek σίγμα) is the eighteenth letter of the Greek alphabet, and carries the 'S' sound. In the system of Greek numerals it has a value of 200. When used at the end of a word, and the word is not all upper case, the final form (ς) is used.

arcticwolf
07-28-2012, 04:01 AM
Well, "sh" is indeed not used in the Greek language.

Well what about ponuniciation of the word, (dog) skilos? sounds like an sh kind of, though I can't think of the sound ch as in Spanish chica existing in Greek.

I don't have Greek fonts installed on this laptop.

AkisGreece
07-28-2012, 04:03 AM
No you are the wrong one!

We use it in the hard and not the soft way!

You slavs came much later into the Balkans.

I know very well what you are trying to prove....

You like it or not,Greeks,Albanians and Romanians live in this area since antiquity.

Enough with responding to you.

Γέλως
07-28-2012, 04:15 AM
Who are you trying to fool?

Two Islands in the Aegean Sea near Turkey. Samos and Chios.
Chios pronounced Khíos and Híos. There is no CH.
Samos has no Sh, only S.
If you are referring to "ch" as in "Chinese" or "chewing", then see words such as "βαλίτσα", "τσάντα", "τσουκνίδα". I'm not sure whether "ch" existed in ancient Greek though. Most of the words that have "ch" in them and come to my mind, are loanwords.

Well what about ponuniciation of the word, (dog) skilos? sounds like an sh kind of, though I can't think of the sound ch as in Spanish chica existing in Greek.

No, it's simply "s", not a heavy one...

rashka
07-28-2012, 04:31 AM

σκύλος = Skylos

The σ is the Sigma letter in its lower case. S sound in Greek.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigma

poiuytrewq0987
07-28-2012, 05:19 AM
More like ancient Ethiopia.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L2AskAFsq2Y/TQNFp8OrrUI/AAAAAAAAAEo/YIenXWT_I9U/s1600/black_athena.jpg

AkisGreece
07-28-2012, 09:05 PM
More like ancient Ethiopia.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L2AskAFsq2Y/TQNFp8OrrUI/AAAAAAAAAEo/YIenXWT_I9U/s1600/black_athena.jpg

You forgot to mention that this author was indirectly funded by a Slavic government.

And you didn't mention that all the NGO's that spread the 'Macedonian' identity of your state come directly from either a well known and quite rich man of Jewish heritage or panslavist Bulgaro/Serb sources.

Jews,Bulgarians,Serbs or whoever dream,will remain a dream and only.
I assure you for that.
Greek politicians could destroy you fillthy Slavs but they prefer to obey to US instructions...there are the people that rule Greece as a protectorate.

Greek people are not well paid traitor politicians though,patriots still exist here...and believe me they can turn out to be your worst nightmare...they are the same people that ruined the Great Bulgaria ideology a century ago.

Regards.

kabeiros
07-28-2012, 09:11 PM
If you are referring to "ch" as in "Chinese" or "chewing", then see words such as "βαλίτσα", "τσάντα", "τσουκνίδα". I'm not sure whether "ch" existed in ancient Greek though. Most of the words that have "ch" in them and come to my mind, are loanwords.

No, it's simply "s", not a heavy one...

Yes, the ''ch'' sound did not exist in ancient Greek. When I hear a lot of ''ch's'' in a language it reminds me of Slavic

Coolguy1
07-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Ch, sh, j, zh, were considered barbaric, which is why they are not used by the Greeks, however when you go into the "horia" its all you hear.