PDA

View Full Version : Cyprus problem is fuelling Racism

StonyArabia
06-21-2012, 08:35 PM
In Nicosia last week, marchers from the ultra-nationalist youth group ELAM (Greek popular front) attacked two Asian bystanders. A Nigerian man was beaten and forced into the path of a moving car.

This incident takes its place in the recent litany of violence against foreign workers, students or, in the most notorious case, a 15-year-old Afro-Cypriot assaulted by 40 of her classmates while their teachers stood by. Earlier this year, the Palestinian community centre in Larnaca was vandalised, while the headquarters of the anti-racist organisation KISA are regularly graffitied with swastikas.

It is typical for another reason – the general absence of public sympathy. The teachers' union obstructed punishment of the schoolgirl's attackers, and the Cypriot police are so unwilling to even record racially aggravated assaults that many non-white migrants no longer bother. Listening to opinions on TV phone-ins and talk radio, it becomes clear that the attitude of wider society is that "i xeni" (foreigners) should not be here in the first place, and so deserve whatever they get.

There is an irony here, given the number of Cypriots who emigrated in the 60s and 70s to seek a better life abroad. Indeed, some estimates put the number of diaspora Cypriots as being greater than the remaining population of the island. As Denis MacShane remarked last week, Cypriots have become a formidable enough voting block in London that they may prove a significant obstacle to David Cameron's desire for closer ties with Turkey.

Of course, Cyprus is not alone in struggling to cope with rising immigration. Indeed, due to geographical proximity to both Africa and Asia, and to the porous Green Line, Cyprus has one of the highest rates of migration – both legal and illegal – in Europe.

Nonetheless, there is something uniquely callous in the Cypriot attitude to asylum seekers, economic migrants and, to put it most simply, non-whites of all kinds. It is more striking given the low crime and unemployment rates, the high GDP per capita compared with all neighbouring nations, and the island's long history of welcoming outsiders (such as refugees from the Armenian genocide in 1915).

The major source of such disregard for people outside one's own ethnic group is the Cyprus problem, and no solution currently on the table would address this. Whether one chooses to date the situation to the invasion by Turkey in 1974, the coup by junta-officered Greek Cypriots the same year, the bombings by Turkey in 1964, the attempt by Greek Cypriots to tear up the constitution in 1963, or simply to the British colonial strategy of divide and rule, the fact is that Cypriots have been split along ethnic lines far beyond living memory. The sandbags and barbed wire of the Green Line that runs through the middle of Nicosia are only the most potent reminder of this.

Since 1974, the international conversation about Cyprus has been of "bi-communal solutions". Both sides have formally committed to separate administrations for Greek and Turkish Cypriots plus a central assembly where representatives of the two sides will meet in equal numbers. Another possible solution, talked of with increasing frequency, is of a permanent partition into two states. External parties – the UN, EU, UK, Greece and Turkey – allow no other possibilities to be discussed.

Allowing only two ethnicities into the national conversation encourages zero-sum thinking, where "we" can only win if "they" lose. Both sides try hard to portray themselves as the only victims of the conflict, often in toe-curlingly exaggerated language.

Like all victim complexes, the Cypriot version leaves little room for nuanced understanding of a newly multicultural country. Faced in the 1950s with the need to formally assign minorities to one of the two permitted groups, Cypriot authorities decided the question along religious lines, with the mostly Muslim Roma becoming "Turkish" and the Catholic Maronites "Greek". How might they deal with today's growing Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish populations? Why should their descendants be forced to become "Greek" or "Turkish"?

Without external pressure to admit that the biggest injustices on the island these days are practiced against non-indigenous populations, Cypriots will continue to assume a pose of self-righteous victimhood.

Note: Maronites are Arabo-Levantine Christians, Roma or Rroma are Gypsies.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/aug/03/cyprus-problem-fuelling-racism

exceeder
06-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Interesting read. I've heard of certain orthodox christian members of lebanese society increasingly identifying with helenic culture (presumably through the presence of greeks in the past in that part of the world), but it is interesting to hear of maronite catholics being categorized within the confines of the orthodox greeks.

Reminds me just a little of Quebec in the 40's, you were either english, french, or jewish (ie everyone else - including arabs interestingly, even if you weren't jewish).

Onur
06-21-2012, 09:30 PM
did you expect something different from Greek Cypriots?

ELAM is the Cyprus branch of Greek Golden Dawn. They are neo-nazis admiring the days of fascist military junta in 1960-1970s. Fascist attacks to foreigners are so common in southern Greek Cyprus side and they occasionally beat or stab random foreigners in the streets.

They are supposedly want to unite the island once again but it`s something impossible anymore due to the fascist environment in there. I mean, they can randomly beat Africans in there because no one cares about them but if the island would be united right now, they would surely attack the Turks in the north and Turkey would have zero patience towards these gypsy looking nazi wannabe Greeks.

exceeder
06-21-2012, 09:34 PM
did you expect something different from Greek Cypriots?

ELAM is the Cyprus branch of Greek Golden Dawn. They are neo-nazis admiring the days of fascist military junta in 1960-1970s. Fascist attacks to foreigners are so common in southern Greek Cyprus side and they occasionally beat or stab random foreigners in the streets.

They are supposedly want to unite the island once again but it`s something impossible anymore due to the fascist environment in there. I mean, they can randomly beat Africans in there because no one cares about them but if the island would be united right now, they would surely attack the Turks in the north and Turkey would have zero patience towards these gypsy looking nazi wannabe Greeks.

Gypsy-looking, I don't know...but definitely violence is never the answer! It is tragic indeed and very disturbing that these kind of actions are permissible.

Queen B
06-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Why on earth you posted this in Turkey's section CW?

StonyArabia
06-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Why on earth you posted this in Turkey's section CW?

Well it seemed to be dealing with the Turkish issue more so, and there was no Cyprus section. I would have put it there, but you are more welcome to move it to the correct place that you feel for it, because honestly I don't know where to put it. I thought of putting in the Greece but it seemd to focus on the Turks hence why. If this section is not appropiate for it, certainly it should be moved.

Queen B
06-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Well it seemed to be dealing with the Turkish issue more so, and there was no Cyprus section. I would have put it there, but you are more welcome to move it to the correct place that you feel for it, because honestly I don't know where to put it. I thought of putting in the Greece but it seemd to focus on the Turks hence why. If this section is not appropiate for it, certainly it should be moved.

Its about Greek Popular Front, and the Republic of Cyprus as well as non-Cypriot or non-Turkish immigrants.

Yes, there is no Cypriot section, its more relevant to the Greek but it should be moved to the general regional section since Cyprus is an independant country.

Onur
06-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Gypsy-looking, I don't know...
Yes, it was my bad. The neo-nazis in Greece looks like gypsies but the ones in Cyprus are probably a mix of gypsy+north African abominations.

but definitely violence is never the answer! It is tragic indeed and very disturbing that these kind of actions are permissible.
They are randomly attacking the foreigners but they are doing this because they cant reach to the Turks in the north due to 15.000 Turkish soldiers protecting the border. Thats why the island is in peace since 1974. If there would be no Turkish army in there, then these neo-nazis would surely attack to the Turks as they did between 1960-1974.

This is some kind of norm in Greek Cyprus, also supported by Greek Cypriot state and church just as same as in Greece. Cypriot archbishop also openly supports these ELAM neo-nazis. Even their PM said that the Cypriot church directly finance the fascists in Cyprus. Read here;
http://www.diplomaticobserver.com/EN/belge/2-1518/why-is-racism-on-the-rise-in-southern-cyprus.html

Actually it`s not that appropriate to the Turkish section since 1974 because like i explained above, as much as the Greek Cypriot fascists wanna attack and kill the Turks in there, they cant do that due to the presence of Turkish army in the border. So, they cant hurt us but they just randomly attack other foreigners in the southern side.

Greek fascists tried to invade to the north about ~15 years ago. One of them tried to remove Turkish flag in the border and our soldiers opened fire to him and he died. Since then, they cannot even dare to get close to our border in there.

Queen B
06-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Those happenings are sad to happen.

But I think its sad that they are happening only in Republic of Cyprus, and no other country in the world has that kind of issues *(yes, this is irony)*

Anyway, Onur once again comment with irrelevant (as always) comments about the issue.But what's funny is not that, but that a Turk is actually making that comments.

Its like having a whore talking about morality and virginity.

He is talking about illtreatment of the immigrants, when they don't treat their citizens. Kurds are 15 millions, and they are not yet recognized as minority...
15 millions !!!

They are talking about illtreatment, when they created a pogrom in '55 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istanbul_riots)to kick off/kill/destroy their minority. In the same case, we should also protect our minority in Konstantinopole, like you ''did'' in Cyprus, right?

They are talking about Enosis, when there was also Taksim (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taksim_%28politics%29).

Greek fascists tried to invade to the north about ~15 years ago. One of them tried to remove Turkish flag in the border and our soldiers opened fire to him and he died. Since then, they cannot even dare to get close to our border in there.

Turkish animals killed a Cypriot first. (http://www.hri.org/MFA/foreign/cyprus/UN2.htm) while he , along with other motorcyclists are protesting in the UN buffer zone.

Some days later, his cousin (http://sim.law.uu.nl/SIM/CaseLaw/hof.nsf/233813e697620022c1256864005232b7/d2f488922d2313d4c12574710040c343?OpenDocument), went to remove the pseudo flag from the UN BUFFER Zone, and some other animals, shot him in cold blood.
The animals were identified to be... politicians of the pseudostate. The bastards are being hunted by Interpol. Turkey arrested one of them for smugling, but of course their fair jurical system let them free, despite the Interpol warrant.

I hope they rot in jail, and be the bitches of hungry africans.

Linet
06-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Kaneis ellinas na MIN apantaei edo, h kipros den einai tourkiki gia na briskete sto diko tous section, einai EMMESI apodoxi. DEN ME NOIAZEI TI LENE, AS MAS BRIZOUN, GIA TIN KIPRO SAN TOURKIKO KOMMATI DEN APANTAO.

Sarmatian
06-22-2012, 08:32 AM
I've spent one year at Greek side of Cyprus. Greek Cypriots are very peaceful and welcoming people. There is basically no crime, at least compared to other placed I used to live. Everywhere I went I was treated as a dear friend by total strangers. The most 'misbehaving' thing I've seen was a gang of soccer fans driving around waving national flags and screaming loudly.

One must be insane to portray Cypriots with their mentality of farmers and fishermen as violent nationalists.

The Lawspeaker
06-22-2012, 08:43 AM

Does that include attacks on tourists ?

Queen B
06-22-2012, 08:53 AM
I've spent one year at Greek side of Cyprus. Greek Cypriots are very peaceful and welcoming people. There is basically no crime, at least compared to other placed I used to live. Everywhere I went I was treated as a dear friend by total strangers. The most 'misbehaving' thing I've seen was a gang of soccer fans driving around waving national flags and screaming loudly.
This is how Greeks are. Welcoming and helpfull.

One must be insane to portray Cypriots with their mentality of farmers and fishermen as violent nationalists.
:coffee:

Siberian Cold Breeze
06-28-2012, 08:50 PM
This is how Greeks are. Welcoming and helpfull.

:coffee:

completing sentence : ..if u are not of a different race..

Contra Mundum
06-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Nigerians belong in Nigeria, not Cyprus.

Whites are brutally murdered in Africa all the time, and no one says shit about it.

The Lawspeaker
06-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Nigerians belong in Nigeria, not Cyprus.

Whites are brutally murdered in Africa all the time, and no one says shit about it.

Whites ? Or non-Africans ? Or is that Africans murder everyone including themselves ?

Contra Mundum
06-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Whites ? Or non-Africans ? Or is that Africans murder everyone including themselves ?

I'm sure Europeans murder other Europeans too, but the media only seem to cry about it if an illegal immigrant is harmed in any way.

Yes whites from Europe and other places are hacked to death in Africa. Many of them missionaries and relief workers. White farmers are also being killed.

No African should be allowed to set foot in Cyprus or any other part of Europe.

The Lawspeaker
06-28-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm sure Europeans murder other Europeans too, but the media only seem to cry about it if an illegal immigrant is harmed in any way.

Yes whites from Europe and other places are hacked to death in Africa. Many of them missionaries and relief workers. White farmers are also being killed.

No African should be allowed to set foot in Cyprus or any other part of Europe.
Naturally. But you're only crying about "whites being killed by Africans !!11" without friggin' understanding that Africans's only hobbies are to kill, maim, rape, commit arson and do other things that the Good Lord has expressly forbidden.

Personally I would say relief workers and missionaries are a bunch of idiots. And please don't use the term "white" - when a victim is German, French, British, Italian, Dutch etc. They have nationalities and are part of an ethnicity or can be called European (those coming from Europe and that excludes Americans, Canadians or everyone else that is not from Europe) if you would feel exceptionally lazy.

chipriota
06-28-2012, 09:02 PM
LOL, they mention ELAM basdards as a typical representation of the island... ELAM are hated by all Greek Cypriots, just like Chrysi Avgi followers are hated by most Greeks in Greece. They did a couple of "attacks" in foreigners, these incidents happen everywhere from neo-nazi far-right followers, it's like you say that all Norwegians hate the immigrants because of that massacre that was made by one person...

Sarmatian figured it out fairly, he spoke out of his own experience. And somebody else above says "if u are not of a different race"? Well, Afro-British people come here and live permanently, also a lot of tourists from the UK and Sweden are black, ask them if they have any problem here!

Onur seems to be a fully brainwashed Turk who has no idea what is going on in the island. Your despiseful army is here "to protect the Turkish Cypriots", oh yeah, sure! It's here for that, not for having the control of the strategic position of the island... You don't give a damn about Turkish Cypriots, they themselves say that they suffer from you, and I know many Turkish Cypriots who have this opinion. I used to study with Turkish Cypriots in university here, in the free part of Cyprus. Thousands of them come to this side of the island to study, just ask them if they have ANY problem from Greek Cypriots! They have no problem at all here, they were in groups with the Greek Cypriots, Persians, Lebanese, and any other nationalities they were studying the same subject. Nobody treat them as inferior. I also know in my area, Turkish Cypriots who live permanently in the free side of the island, they are officially citizens of the European Union, and they are treated just like the Greek Cypriots. In fact, any Turkish Cypriot can acquire Cypriot, and thus European citizenship.

On the other hand, you cannot imagine what the pseudo-police does in Greek Cypriots who visit the occupied areas often. They invent fake fines for speeding, or any other thing, just to make trouble to them. They arrested some relatives and friends of mine because they had in their car Christian literature. You can see who mistreats who here...

Contra Mundum
06-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Naturally. But you're only crying about "whites being killed by Africans !!11" without friggin' understanding that Africans's only hobbies are to kill, maim, rape, commit arson and do other things that the Good Lord has expressly forbidden.

Personally I would say relief workers and missionaries are a bunch of idiots. And please don't use the term "white" - when a victim is German, French, Italian, Dutch etc. They have nationalities and are part of an ethnicity or can be called European (those coming from Europe and that excludes Americans) if you would feel exceptionally lazy.

That's a liberal position, to deny the white race exists, unless of course they're needed as a scapegoat, to blame for the failures of non-white countries.

Linet
06-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Min tous apantas...:nono:
Kat arxin auto tha tous dosei trofi gia polla, episis to eixan arxika sto section gia tous tourkous kai telos....pragmatika min apantas...Oti kai na peis, oso sosto kai na einai, tha piastoun na poun mlkes gia tin Ellada, tin Kipro k tous Ellines genika...:rolleyes:

The Lawspeaker
06-28-2012, 09:08 PM
That's a liberal position, to deny the white race exists, unless of course they're needed as a scapegoat, to blame for the failures of non-white countries.

Wrong. That's the position of an ethnic nationalist. There is a white race (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_people) but there is no such thing as white commonality meaning that we have nothing in common with each other: there is no white language, no white culture. It doesn't exist. What does exist is a Dutch people, a French people, a German people. That exists. But that's it.

That means.. to make it easy for you that a Frenchman is a foreigner and so is an American. So don't use blanket terms.

chipriota
06-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Min tous apantas...:nono:
Kat arxin auto tha tous dosei trofi gia polla, episis to eixan arxika sto section gia tous tourkous kai telos....pragmatika min apantas...Oti kai na peis, oso sosto kai na einai, tha piastoun na poun mlkes gia tin Ellada, tin Kipro k tous Ellines genika...:rolleyes:

Afto tha eprepe na kano, ma ela pou den boro? :wink

Den boro na tous vlepo na lene bourdes gia kati pou den exoun tin paramikri idea, kai ola osa lene ine vasismena se pragmata pou akousan apo kapion, i ta diavasan se forums pou ine gemata apo Tourkofilous kai anthellines, kai prospathoun na mas parousiasoun os tous pio afiloksenous, ti stigmi pou imaste akrivos to antitheto! :mad:

Queen B
06-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Afto tha eprepe na kano, ma ela pou den boro? :wink

Den boro na tous vlepo na lene bourdes gia kati pou den exoun tin paramikri idea, kai ola osa lene ine vasismena se pragmata pou akousan apo kapion, i ta diavasan se forums pou ine gemata apo Tourkofilous kai anthellines, kai prospathoun na mas parousiasoun os tous pio afiloksenous, ti stigmi pou imaste akrivos to antitheto! :mad:

Paidia, kante oti kai egw. Grafte tous ekei pou den pianei melani, kai eironefteite tous. Den exoun xeirotero, kai tous spaei ta nevra. Na tous tin les me to ganti einai auto pou tous tin spaei perissotero ;)

Kai fusika topiks me spontes. Eidate kanenan apo autous na apantaei sto thread gia ta septemvriana i gia tin xio? Oxi, giati den kseroun ti na poun :wink

Linet
06-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Kai fusika topiks me spontes. Eidate kanenan apo autous na apantaei sto thread gia ta septemvriana i gia tin xio? Oxi, giati den kseroun ti na poun :wink

Ax....kala pou to pes :D
...tha ta kano copy-paste :laugh: opou lene mpourdes gia sfages apo ti meria mas :cool:

Incal
06-28-2012, 09:50 PM
LOL when is Onur going to understand that besides other turks and their balkan cheerleaders nobody else will buy his "Turks good, Greeks bad" lame propaganda?

Onur
06-28-2012, 09:56 PM
LOL when is Onur going to understand that besides other turks and their balkan cheerleaders nobody else will buy his "Turks good, Greeks bad" lame propaganda?
I am not presenting my views here by expecting people to buy it. I do it to present a different perspective to them.

If you are not intelligent enough to comprehend something outside the dogmas you learned before, then it`s your problem, not mine.

chipriota
06-28-2012, 10:02 PM
It's funny that they talk about Cyprus being another South Africa! Then where do I live and I didn't notice anything about the bullshit they say? :lol:

I see Africans and Southern Indians walking in the street every day, I saw none of them being attacked by racists or anybody... They keep on referring to one incident with the ELAM neo-nazis attacking some Pakistanis or whatever in Nicosia, that incident happened maybe 5 years ago... Since then, I never heard anything similar to happen...

Onur
06-28-2012, 10:15 PM
They keep on referring to one incident with the ELAM neo-nazis attacking some Pakistanis or whatever in Nicosia, that incident happened maybe 5 years ago... Since then, I never heard anything similar to happen...
You are lying. ELAM is a Cypriot twin party of Golden Dawn in Greece and they are doing same actions of GD neo-nazis does.

They occasionally attack immigrants and to the Turks if they find one in the southern side of the island. A simple google search gave me a lot of results from Greek Cypriot and international media;

About 100 Greek Cypriot fascists raids into a festival organized by immigrant associations. They thrash the place, beaten several people and stabbed a member of Turkish Cypriot music band while they were performing on stage. They have been invited to the festival from Turkish northern Cyprus to perform in there. He has been hospitalized and undergone a surgery because of knife wounds on his chest. Also another member of the Turkish band has been severely injured.

Festival turns into war zone as migrants and nationalists clash

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/image_slide/hooligans.jpg

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/135/clipboard01yo.jpg

ONE MAN was stabbed and several police and members of the public were injured last night at the annual migrants’ Rainbow Festival in Larnaca when violent clashes broke out between nationalist protestors and festival-goers.

Phinikoudes Beach was turned into a warzone, when marching members of three nationalist movements came into conflict with participants at the antiracism festival, and with members of migrant support group KISA, the organisers of the event.

Even in their riot gear, a number of policemen sustained injuries, as did several members of the public. In the aftermath, the beach was covered with broken chairs and other debris.

Eyewitness Beran Djemal told the Cyprus Mail last night that one Turkish Cypriot man – 30-year-old singer Sertunc Akdogdu who was performing at the festival - was rushed to hospital after being stabbed in the stomach, while another man had his arm broken. Djemal said after the fracas a number of Turkish Cypriots took refuge at Larnaca Police Station waiting for the violence to be over. As the newspaper went to press, incidents were ongoing.

“A music group of Turkish Cypriots who tried to go home were warned not to leave as it would be dangerous,” said Djemal. She said the injured Turkish Cypriots - and other festival-goers - asked for a police escort to the hospital because they were scared. “But the police refused to help and arrested four of the festival-goers. They did nothing to the fascists and told us not to take photographs because they said it was provocative.”

Headed by the Greek Resistance Movement, a group of protestors had been on their way to the town’s Ayios Lazaros area in a march they had arranged over a month ago to protest the government’s migrant policies.

Accompanied by a strong police presence, the protestors were on their way through Phinikoudes Beach – where the Rainbow Festival was being held – and according to eye witnesses, all hell broke loose.

The protestors came into conflict with members of KISA, which had decided to hold the Festival in Larnaca – instead of Limassol, as was initially planned – in a bid to hold an “anti-demonstration” to counterbalance the nationalists’ march.

According to Djemal, it all started during a speech by the head of the European Commission’s Representation in Cyprus – Androulla Kaminara.

“During the speech, around 80 fascist protestors carrying Greek flags started shouting slogans against migrants,” said Djemal. “The festival-goers returned the slogans, shouting: ‘Nazis out of Cyprus’”. It was then that the scuffles broke out.

“Some of the nationalists had their faces covered, one lifted up his shirt and showed a swastika tattooed on his stomach,” Djemal said. “They threw bottles at festival-goers and cut the electricity cables when a band was playing. Over the next two hours, clashes continued and the group of nationalists grew to around 150.”

Even though both sides offer contradicting accounts of how the events unfolded, the general view was that police and Larnaca Municipality had done little to avert the troubles.

KISA head Doros Polycarpou said his NGO had asked the police to divert the protestors’ march so that it didn’t pass by the Rainbow Festival.

“On the contrary, the police seem to have allowed them to move forward and once they reached the event, to protect ourselves, we sat in the road to block it in a peaceful way to convince the police to veer them away,” said Polycarpou. “They allowed the neo-Nazis to head into the event and start hitting people, in full view of the police. You can imagine what happened after that.”

Another eye witness who wished to remain anonymous told the Cyprus Mail: “The protestors entered the area where the festival was about to start and started throwing chairs all over the place, breaking every single one. There were children waiting in a caravan and they became very scared.”

On the opposite side of the fence, the nationalist protestors claim it was they who were attacked. However, they too agree that it all could have been avoided if the correct actions were taken by the police and Larnaca mayor.

“I am a member of the public who decided to march against illegal immmigrants - not against the migrants themselves, but the policies promoted in their favour by the government,” Dr Andreas Paraxenopoulos, a member of Greek Resistance, told the Cyprus Mail last night. “We announced our march a month and a half ago to the police, and the police – along with the Larnaca mayor – oddly allowed KISA to do another anti-demonstration. It is like they wanted to make us fight.”

A Larnaca police spokesman said there had been a number of injuries, though the full extent of the damage will be assessed today.

Trouble started brewing last week, when KISA announced it would be cancelling the Rainbow festival in Limassol and bringing it to Larnaca last night, as an “anti-demonstration” to the planned march against migrants by the three nationalist groups.

KISA called on all members of the public to join its anti-demo against the “racist and radical right-wing elements in Larnaca”. It added that the Rainbow Festival would from now on be held in Larnaca instead of Limassol – as well as Nicosia – as an antiracism message to the town.

“In view of this new provocative demonstration, KISA decided to organise this year’s Rainbow Festival – apart from Nicosia – in Larnaca instead of Limassol, as was the case for the past two years,” KISA announced. “On the same day of the aforementioned event, the Rainbow organisation will send our antiracist messages against the presence and actions of the radical right-wing and racist elements in Larnaca.”

November 6, 2010

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/cyprus/festival-turns-war-zone-migrants-and-nationalists-clash/20101106

BlXk4ogvrY4

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QsiY-wTXhI4/Sn_2Fzop6eI/AAAAAAAABb4/vU64AHIcRXw/s400/IMG_4528.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QsiY-wTXhI4/Sn1piXAJNGI/AAAAAAAABWo/ITRuyrH7hGM/s400/IMG_4410.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QsiY-wTXhI4/SSUt9_OK7jI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/YwjKmt--Tuk/s400/lampadiforia1.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QsiY-wTXhI4/SSFyGUfJuAI/AAAAAAAAAG4/dr7OP0DBS5s/s400/flag2.jpg

Do you want me to post more of those?

Incal
06-28-2012, 10:17 PM
If you are not intelligent enough to comprehend something outside the dogmas you learned before, then it`s your problem, not mine.

LOL funny you say that because the turks are precisely the ones who do that.

Linet
06-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Sou to eipa na min apantiseis....

Onur
06-28-2012, 10:24 PM
LOL funny you say that because the turks are precisely the ones who do that.
Do i disdain your or anyone else`s view here? Nope, i never said something like "no one buys ur shit" to anyone but it is you who do this.

Already, why the fck you care about who buys my shit or not? Whats got to do with you?

If you have any counter-argument, then go ahead, if not then bugger off!

Incal
06-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Do i disdain your or anyone else`s view here? Nope, i never said something like "no one buys ur shit" to anyone but it is you who do this.

Already, why the fck you care about who buys my shit or not? Whats got to do with you?

If you have any counter-argument, then go ahead, if not then bugger off!

I don't but it's really tiring for me (and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way) to see your off-topic posts repeated all over and over again. Why don't you create a Greek Bashing Thread and post all your hate posts over there?

Incal
06-28-2012, 10:48 PM
On a serious note now and to not continue with the off-topics, my ex told me these kind of things happen once in a while in Cyprus, specially in her town: Limassol. It goes like this basically: Some gypsy robbed a lady for example, later that day you'll see an angry mob of cypriots kicking every gypsy ass they find nearby. I don't support these kind of acts or similar stuff but if you give me the choice I prefer foreigners been abused by locals than locals being abused by foreigners.

The Lawspeaker
06-28-2012, 10:53 PM
It goes like this basically: Some gypsy robbed a lady for example, later that day you'll see an angry mob of cypriots kicking every gypsy ass they find nearby.
Well.. if it keeps the troublemakers in check.... and it saves the coppers some work.

chipriota
06-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Of course, they give examples of ELAM bastards to represent the whole population of the island. They don't show examples like that one, where youth organizations of both Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots having trips together. They don't show this because they will show that Greek Cypriots sometimes are peaceful, they don't always beat people... :rolleyes2:

IXlAkM3ArwQ
1g8-k6pnOCw

^In that videos, youth organizations of both Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots protest outside the British military base in Troodos, and then spending time together. You can clearly see hundreds of people of both sides of the island there. And they keep on saying that it's impossible for them to live together. Well, what are they doing there?

The Lawspeaker
06-29-2012, 01:33 PM
chipriota: Do you agree with me that the best solution for the Cypriot problem would be for both Turkey and Greece to GTFO and let the Cypriots deal with it themselves (where necessary assisted by a neutral country Camp David-style) in the way they see fit and ultimately become a unified nation ?

chipriota
06-29-2012, 01:46 PM
50.000 Turkish Cypriots protest and shout "invador, out of Cyprus":
V_7HDlPdHDI
^Just listen what they say in the end of that video.

Turkish Cypriot journalists say: "we are minority in our own country". And he explains how Turkey is trying to outnumber them.

UTCIAhj561g

^The 2nd man in the video says that the situation destroyed his family, just like it did with many Turkish Cypriot families. Many of them leave and go abroad just because of that situation. Turkish Cypriots suffer under the invador's rule.

The secretary of Eroglu says that they don't want to be dependent from Turkey, they want to be independent and be rulers of themselves.

Turkey with the settlers is having a strategy of wipe out all Turkish Cypriots.

Sarmatian
06-29-2012, 01:47 PM
You are lying. ELAM is a Cypriot twin party of Golden Dawn in Greece and they are doing same actions of GD neo-nazis does.

They occasionally attack immigrants and to the Turks if they find one in the southern side of the island. A simple google search gave me a lot of results from Greek Cypriot and international media;

About 100 Greek Cypriot fascists raids into a festival organized by immigrant associations. They thrash the place, beaten several people and stabbed a member of Turkish Cypriot music band while they were performing on stage. They have been invited to the festival from Turkish northern Cyprus to perform in there. He has been hospitalized and undergone a surgery because of knife wounds on his chest. Also another member of the Turkish band has been severely injured.

Do you want me to post more of those?

Do you have many cultural festivals organized by immigrant associations in Turkey? Just wonder how would Turks react in such circumstances :rolleyes:

chipriota
06-29-2012, 01:47 PM
chipriota: Do you agree with me that the best solution for the Cypriot problem would be for both Turkey and Greece to GTFO and let the Cypriots deal with it themselves (where necessary assisted by a neutral country Camp David-style) in the way they see fit and ultimately become a unified nation ?

Yes, but Greece does not control the island in any way, it's Turkey that does it. Turkey has to GTFO. And so does Britain.

The Lawspeaker
06-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Yes, but Greece does not control the island in any way, it's Turkey that does it. Turkey has to GTFO. And so does Britain.

True. But what would be the best way to resolve the current problem after the Turks, British and Greeks have effed off ?

Onur
06-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Then why i keep seeing the flag of Greece in Cyprus instead of your own?

Why your state officers teaching their kids to praise fascist Greek colonel members and kill the Turks?

Why your state forcibly gets little Greek Cypriot children from primary schools and takes them to the graveyards of EOKA terrorists to put flowers on their graves? These EOKA terrorists killed 1000s of Turkish and British people by bombing or assassinating them.

The Lawspeaker
06-29-2012, 01:58 PM

There is no Cypriot flag or Cypriot section and that should be corrected but I agree with her: the British and the Turkish colonists should eff off. And I think the Greeks should take a hike as well.

Onur
06-29-2012, 02:00 PM
There is no Cypriot flag or Cypriot section and that should be corrected but I agree with her: the British and the Turkish colonists should eff off. And I think the Greeks should take a hike as well.
Tuan, i don't mean for the forum. I meant the Greek Cypriot state.

Take a look at sport games, street events or any activity in Greek Cyprus. You wont see any Cyprus flag but people are waving the flag of Greece.

Also, no one can erase Greekness or Turkishness of Cypriot people. It`s impossible. Neither Turks nor Greeks in the island accepts that. There is no such a thing as Cypriot nation, never been as such. There are only Greek and Turkish people in the island. Some leftist fantasists can claim Cypriot identity but in reality, it doesn't exist for neither of the sides.

The Lawspeaker
06-29-2012, 02:02 PM

Take a look at sport games, street events or any activity in Greek Cyprus. You wont see any Cyprus flag but people are waving the flag of Greece.
That's because there is no flag representing them. I think you should listen to what the Turkish Cypriots (the real ones.. not the ones imported after 1975) had to say about Turkish role: get lost. And I think that that is very tale-telling.

She is not attacking her Turkish-speaking compatriots here at all - on the contrary she is defending them. From the Turks.

Other then Turkey Greece does not control a part of the island, other then what Turkish propaganda may claim, there are no Greek soldiers occupying half the island in the way Turkey does. So the best solution indeed would be for the Turks to piss off and take the Brits with them and for the Greeks to keep a suitable distance and let the Cypriots handle the affairs of their own country themselves. Imperialism and colonial empires are so yesterday so Turkey should also lose this last part of the Ottoman Empire.

chipriota
06-29-2012, 02:05 PM

Why your state officers teaching their kids to praise fascist Greek colonel members and kill the Turks?

Why your state forcibly gets little Greek Cypriot children from primary schools and takes them to the graveyards of EOKA terrorists to put flowers on their graves? These EOKA terrorists killed 1000s of Turkish and British people by bombing or assassinating them.

Those EOKA people that children put flowers have nothing to do with EOKA B' terrorists. You confuse things there. These EOKA people were the ones who fought the British colonels and kicked them out, giving to the island the independence in 1960. They have nothing to do with the EOKA B' and Greek Junta terrorists or whatever. They "killed 1000s of Turkish and British people by bombing or assassinating them", oh yes, sure. In what planet? :rolleyes2:

In the war of independence of 1955-1959, there were Turkish Cypriots who were fighting with the EOKA organization against the British rule, and they were killed by their beloved TNT. Do they tell you such things in Turkey? No..

And why not to hold Greek flags? We are Greeks, aren't we? We will never stop being Greeks, despite living in an independent country and not in Greece.

"Our state officers teaching their kids to praise fascist Greek colonel members and kill the Turks?" What the heck is this? It's the first time I heard it... That's what they tell you there? They put your brain in the washing mashine and wash it for so many years, that you don't know what is truth and what is not truth.

Sarmatian
06-29-2012, 02:05 PM

I didn't notice any problem with Brits :confused:

In fact I think its the presence of their military base near Limassol most likely saved Cyprus from being fully occupied. Turks wouldn't mess with Brits.

Sarmatian
06-29-2012, 02:06 PM

Also, no one can erase Greekness or Turkishness of Cypriot people. It`s impossible. Neither Turks nor Greeks in the island accepts that. There is no such a thing as Cypriot nation, never been as such. There are only Greek and Turkish people in the island. Some leftist fantasists can claim Cypriot identity but in reality, it doesn't exist for neither of the sides.

Are you jealous Cypriots do not feel same sympathy for Turks as the do towards Greeks?

The Lawspeaker
06-29-2012, 02:07 PM
I didn't notice any problem with Brits :confused:

In fact I think its the presence of their military base near Limassol most likely saved Cyprus from being fully occupied. Turks wouldn't mess with Brits.

I'd say that Britain's role is a mixed bag. It definitely kept the Turks at bay in 1975 but on the other hand we can't be too sure about what role they are playing on the island. The best solution would be to have a Cypriot national army and a Cypriot national police.

Onur
06-29-2012, 02:09 PM
That's because there is no flag representing them.
Yes there is a flag but they don't use it. It`s like fake Belgium state where their PM sings French anthem instead of Belgian one.

I think you should listen to what the Turkish Cypriots (the real ones.. not the ones imported after 1975) had to say about Turkish role: get lost. And I think that that is very tale-telling.

She is not attacking her Turkish-speaking compatriots here at all - on the contrary she is defending them. From the Turks.
This is a propaganda created by using EU funds. They failed big time tough, except hiring some few journalists to work for the benefit of Greek Cypriot state.

These pro-EU, anti-Turkish opinions are only represented by 1% in Cyprus but 99% of Turkish Cypriots doesn't think like that.

The Lawspeaker
06-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Yes there is a flag but they don't use it. It`s like fake Belgium state where their PM sings French anthem instead of Belgian one.
But it should never be Turkey. It should be Cyprus. And I think that there should be European countries as well as the United States and Russia making sure that Cypriot independence is protected from Greece and Turkey - by force of arms if necessary.. So basically a repeat of the Treaty of London of 1839: whoever touched Belgium in those days was in trouble with Britain. The first one to try out the water and burn themselves was Germany in 1914.

These pro-EU, anti-Turkish opinions are only represented by 1% in Cyprus but 99% of Turkish Cypriots doesn't think like that.
The massive demonstration (by TURKISH Cypriots no less) in the video showed otherwise. They don't want Turkey there. What Turkey is doing is basically Britain in Ulster 2.0.

Sarmatian
06-29-2012, 02:19 PM
I'd say that Britain's role is a mixed bag. It definitely kept the Turks at bay in 1975 but on the other hand we can't be too sure about what role they are playing on the island. The best solution would be to have a Cypriot national army and a Cypriot national police.

From my experience British presence is absolutely unnoticeable. They use small piece of land on the southern coast for their airbase but I have no idea on what conditions. Cypriots may as well ask Brits for rent if they are not getting one already.

On the other hand British presence is some sort of guarantee of protection. Cypriots do not have resources to back their independence with any significant force.

chipriota
06-29-2012, 02:20 PM
The crowd of 50.000+ Turkish Cypriots you see in that video, it's only the 1% of them? Sure... :lol:

The Lawspeaker
06-29-2012, 02:21 PM
On the other hand British presence is some sort of guarantee of protection. Cypriots do not have resources to back their independence with any significant force.
And that means that the guarantees for Cypriot independence and neutrality should come from outside Cyprus. Basically countries like Britain, Germany, France, the United States, Russia, China. Smaller countries like the Netherlands as well. And it should be binding: whoever touches Cyprus is in a state of war with these countries.

So when the Greeks land they will be removed by foreign troops and Greece will be bombed. When the Turks do it: same story.

Sarmatian
06-29-2012, 02:23 PM
And that means that the guarantees for Cypriot independence and neutrality should come from outside Cyprus. Basically countries like Britain, Germany, France, the United States, Russia, China. Smaller countries like the Netherlands as well. And it should be binding: whoever touches Cyprus is in a state of war with these countries.

Agree... except its unrealistic for

... the United States...

as Cyprus have no oil :p

chipriota
06-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Btw, with Brits we have no problem at all. They have army bases here, it would be better in a way if they had not, but since they are here, Turks wouldn't dare to make any invasion or whatever to the rest of the island, so I don't care if they are here or not. Despite that, there are hundreds of thousands of Brits living here, we get on with them without any problem at all...

The Lawspeaker
06-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Agree... except its unrealistic for

as Cyprus have no oil :p
Their problem. The Russians would be most happy with basis in the Med. :thumb001:

Onur
06-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Those EOKA people that children put flowers have nothing to do with EOKA B' terrorists. You confuse things there. These EOKA people were the ones who fought the British colonels and kicked them out, giving to the island the independence in 1960. They have nothing to do with the EOKA B' and Greek Junta terrorists or whatever. They "killed 1000s of Turkish and British people by bombing or assassinating them", oh yes, sure. In what planet? :rolleyes2:
EOKA-A or B. It`s the same shit, a terrorist organization. First one was created to kill British and after they gone, you resurrected it as EOKA-B to kill the Turks.

Do you want me to post their 1000s of crimes here? including killing 3 year old babies and women? Both Turks and British personnel?

And why not to hold Greek flags? We are Greeks, aren't we? We will never stop being Greeks, despite living in an independent country and not in Greece.
Do you see now Tuan? Did you get your answer?

It`s pointless. Neither Greeks nor Turks will be "only Cypriots". It`s impossible.

"Our state officers teaching their kids to praise fascist Greek colonel members and kill the Turks?" What the heck is this? It's the first time I heard it... That's what they tell you there? They put your brain in the washing mashine and wash it for so many years, that you don't know what is truth and what is not truth.
I caught you lying and send this msg but ofc you are dodging it;
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=986300&postcount=29

And you are lying again. This is from last year;

Kill the Turks and the Communists: Greek grandfather gives lessons to his 4-year old grandson (video)
In the Internet appeared video in which a senior official of the Civil Defence of the Republic of Cyprus teaches his grandson to kill. The recording surfaced in Facebook and has raised considerable buzz both in Greek and the Turkish press.

The video shows a child of about four being prompted by his Cypriot grandfather, who asks “Who are you going to shoot?” He then answers “Turks and communists.”

Hanging on the wall in what is believed to be the grandfather’s house is a small poster of the Greek military junta, who ruled a dictatorship in Greece from 1967 to 1974. “Where’s your junta?” the child is asked by the grandfather and the child then proceeds to knowingly point at the poster on the wall.

During the course of the one-minute video the child is asked repeatedly by his grandfather who he will shoot, until the child answers “Turks and communists” and then shouts “bam bam” while pretending to shoot something in front of him.

“Long live the junta,” the grandfather shouted on the video, “long live the junta,” the child repeated.

With these responses the grandfather answered pleased, “well done my boy, my Greek.”

http://www.newsamen.com/10603/kill-the-turks-and-the-communists-greek-grandfather-gives-lessons-to-his-4-year-old-grandson-video

From Greek Cypriot media;
http://www.politis-news.com/cgibin/hweb?-A=202862&-V=articles

Now go ahead, dodge this one too...

The crowd of 50.000+ Turkish Cypriots you see in that video, it's only the 1% of them? Sure... :lol:
This was a protestation for the cuts of monthly salaries and the ones who yells anti-Turkish slogans were less than 100 who blended among people. Do not present the situation like 50.000 of them was pro-Greek Cypriot.

The Lawspeaker
06-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Do you see now Tuan? Did you get your answer?

Well they are a Greek and Turkish people and they want their independence. The Turkish Cypriots tell the Turks to piss off and that cannot be used for Turkish propaganda. They don't want Turkey there.

Sarmatian
06-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Btw, with Brits we have no problem at all. They have army bases here, it would be better in a way if they had not, but since they are here, Turks wouldn't dare to make any invasion or whatever to the rest of the island, so I don't care if they are here or not. Despite that, there are hundreds of thousands of Brits living here, we get on with them without any problem at all...

Yeah I noticed many Brits like to live in Cyprus after retirement. Its good, they bring money and protection :thumb001:

The Lawspeaker
06-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Yeah I noticed many Brits like to live in Cyprus after retirement. Its good, they bring money and protection :thumb001:

That would make the protection of Cyprus a European thing: a coalition under British leadership.

Sarmatian
06-29-2012, 02:35 PM
That would make the protection of Cyprus a European thing: a coalition under British leadership.

But I'm curious about one thing: all those British pensioners prefer to live at the Greek side of the island exclusively and none of them have any desire to visit the side controlled by their NATO ally. I wonder why is that? :rolleyes:

Onur
06-29-2012, 02:36 PM
But I'm curious about one thing: all those British pensioners prefer to live at the Greek side of the island exclusively and none of them have any desire to visit the side controlled by their NATO ally. I wonder why is that? :rolleyes:
Who told you this?

Brits lives in northern Cyprus in equally or more numbers than southern Greek side.

The Lawspeaker
06-29-2012, 02:39 PM

You should ask Cypriota about that but I don't think it is true.

Sarmatian
06-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Who told you this?

Brits lives in northern Cyprus in equally or more numbers than southern Greek side.

Oh really? Honestly its the first time I hear it. Will have to trust you on that one :thumb001:

Incal
06-29-2012, 08:05 PM
There are some brits retirees living in the TRNC indeed, many were scammed into buying houses who belonged to greek cypriots at ridiculously cheap prices.

poiuytrewq0987
06-29-2012, 08:09 PM
From a British expat in TRNC:

Do not believe what the Greek propaganda has been saying about the North.

The Turks entered the island in 974 as a result of the ethnic cleansing of their brethren by the Greek forces in a military coup. This is a fact!

Land title in the South is a problem because the Greeks try to hide from buyers proof of former Turkish ownership. In the North, the Turks have it issue well documented. This way you know what type of title you are getting.

Pre-1974 and Exchange Title are considered safe. All you need it so get a good solicitor and have the title checked.

In terms of quality of living, costs and attitude to Brits, the North puts the South in a cloud of dust.

If you need any help, contact me via a personal message. If I can not help you, I will find someone who can.

I wish you the best of luck and a Happy New Year.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486438

Onur
06-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Land title in the South is a problem because the Greeks try to hide from buyers proof of former Turkish ownership. In the North, the Turks have it issue well documented. This way you know what type of title you are getting.
This is 100% correct.

Probably you keep hearing the shouts of Greeks like "OMG Turks invaded north and took over our lands, homes, fields" but there is another side of the story;
Before the fascist Greek junta invasion in 1974, Greeks and Turks was living in mixed neighborhoods, so there was Turks in southern side as well as Greeks in northern.

After Turkish military intervention, all the properties previously owned by Greeks are registered and stays intact but the Greek side completely demolished all the properties of the Turks with bulldozers, confiscated all of them and built schools, roads, new apartments on top it all.

Turkish Cypriots cannot demand anything from them because they are not recognized in the international arena and Greek Cypriot courts doesn't even accept their demands.

Thats exatcly why Greek Cypriot state wanna continue with this current situation where they are acting like sole rulers of Cyprus while Turkish Cypriots are in complete limbo.

Ofc Turkey will ask about their properties sooner or later. The rogue state of Greek Cyprus will answer for their illegal confiscations to the properties of Turkish people.

chipriota
06-29-2012, 09:52 PM
You forget that Turkish Cypriots are only the 18% of the island. In their houses in the mixed neighborhoods in the south, it's only refugees who were kicked out from the North that live. In Limassol, the Turkish mahalla is inhabited by Turkish Cypriot Gypsies who used to live in the occupied areas but left because they had no good treatment there. They are Turkish speaking people and Muslims. In Larnaca, the Turkish mahalla is inhabited by refugees. We didn't bring settlers from Greece to fill them. We don't sell them to anyone as Turks do in the north with the land which belongs to Greek Cypriots, they build houses and sell them in extremely cheap prices to Brits. What Dusan wrote, it's just for laughing. Turks accusing others for things they themselves do. Typical Turkish policy.

Queen B
06-29-2012, 10:07 PM
This is 100% correct.

Probably you keep hearing the shouts of Greeks like "OMG Turks invaded north and took over our lands, homes, fields" but there is another side of the story;
Before the fascist Greek junta invasion in 1974, Greeks and Turks was living in mixed neighborhoods, so there was Turks in southern side as well as Greeks in northern.

After Turkish military intervention, all the properties previously owned by Greeks are registered and stays intact but the Greek side completely demolished all the properties of the Turks with bulldozers, confiscated all of them and built schools, roads, new apartments on top it all.

Turkish Cypriots cannot demand anything from them because they are not recognized in the international arena and Greek Cypriot courts doesn't even accept their demands.

Thats exatcly why Greek Cypriot state wanna continue with this current situation where they are acting like sole rulers of Cyprus while Turkish Cypriots are in complete limbo.

Ofc Turkey will ask about their properties sooner or later. The rogue state of Greek Cyprus will answer for their illegal confiscations to the properties of Turkish people.

Who the fuck tells you this shit.

Go to the Hauge stories about how many GREEK homes the Turks have been tried to sell.

Chipriota said in another topic

Luxury tourist estates, yeah sure. In land that belongs to Greek Cypriots and was occupied and Greek Cypriots were kicked out and were not allowed to go there for so many years... This is against human rights, just remember the case Loizidou v Turkey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loizidou_v._Turkey). Remember also Apostolides v Orams case. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostolides_v_Orams)

Btw, the embargo is only in papers. I know many people who do business dealings with the occupied part of Cyprus.

I've heard from people who work in the government that both sides along with UN are trying to balance the level of the two sides of the island in order to re-unite the island, it's impossible as it is now, with the free side to be a developed country and the occupied side to be in very low level of living. Despite what you read and see on the internet, where they show only the "luxury tourist estates" and some parts of Kerynia and Famagusta that are developed to approach tourists etc, I've been there and I know. Most part of it is like an undeveloped 3rd country, the difference from the free side of the island is so noticeable that you think you go to a different country...

Onur
06-29-2012, 10:30 PM
In Limassol, the Turkish mahalla is inhabited by Turkish Cypriot Gypsies who used to live in the occupied areas but left because they had no good treatment there.
What is "Turkish Cypriot Gypsies"? We dont own gypsies, they are not a property. They are either Turks or Gypsies, also why the Gypsies in south becomes Turkish Cypriots? If they are living in south then they are your gypsy community.

The few districts you see is just 1% of what Turks owned in the south. Most of them has been demolished by the bulldozers by your state, confiscated the land and registered as a state property after 1974

Who the fuck tells you this shit.
Turkish Cypriots says and they have their land register papers in their hands, still keeping those since 1974. When the time comes, they will demand their rights just as Greek Cypriots does today.

Are you gonna deny that Turkish people was living in south before 1974, the invasion of Greek junta? Are you denying that Turkish people owned their lands in the south?

Queen B
06-29-2012, 10:36 PM
What is "Turkish Cypriot Gypsies"? We dont own gypsies, they are not a property. They are either Turks or Gypsies, also why the Gypsies in south becomes Turkish Cypriots? If they are living in south then they are your gypsy community.

The few districts you see is just 1% of what Turks owned in the south. Most of them has been demolished by the bulldozers by your state after 1974, confiscated the land and registered as a state property.

Turkish Cypriots says and they have their land register papers in their hands, still keeping those since 1974. When the time comes, they will demand their rights just as Greek Cypriots does today.

Are you gonna deny that Turkish people was living in south before 1974, the invasion of Greek junta? Are you denying that Turkish people owned their lands in the south?

Turkish Cypriots can freely come to the free part, and of course get a Cypriot citizenship and get a passport and of course, again, get their papers.

Unlike Greek Cypriots, that have to go to Hauge, International court of Justice, to get their homes

Maddy
06-29-2012, 10:36 PM
Cyprus....such a nice place from what I hear....that's where my parents went for their honeymoon.....I didn't realize there was an issue with immigration....it's so small!

exceeder
06-30-2012, 01:56 AM
Cyprus....such a nice place from what I hear....that's where my parents went for their honeymoon.....I didn't realize there was an issue with immigration....it's so small!

I also hear it is a very lovely place! I've been wanting to go there for some time now! Some of the allegations i'm hearing on this thread seem almost a little absurd. At first I thought maybe there was some credibility but now... :S