PDA

View Full Version : Why do we allow our children to be so disrespectful to their elders?

Sikeliot
06-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Read this article. Disgusting. Why do some parents not raise their children to have respect anymore? If I have a child and they do anything like that, they would lose every privilege they owned.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/47896993/ns/today-today_news/t/school-bus-monitor-doesnt-want-really-nasty-kids-charged/#.T-OlLWB2ky4

Bobcat Fraser
06-22-2012, 01:43 AM
That was one of the most disgusting and disturbing things that I have ever heard or seen. Those kids sound like demonic imps from the depths of the underworld. It was very hard to listen to their hateful verbal attack on someone's grandma. I'm not a big advocate of corporal punishment, but it's more than warranted in this case.

Christian552
06-22-2012, 01:47 AM
Those are kids, let her stand up for herself.

How are we to tell anyone how to raise their children though? No, of course it's not right to not discipline children but sometimes parents just don't know how to go about doing it. It's their fault and none of my business.

Vasconcelos
06-22-2012, 01:50 AM
Basically because discipline is being lost in the West. There are basically two socio-economic things that can cause this to happen:

Poverty - most people who live in poverty disregard discipline, which is why it's uncommon for these people to climb the social ladder. Eventually when these people grow up they don't know how/care to discipline their kids aswell, and the cycle goes on.

Well offs - mostly spoiled kids who always had everything they wanted because mommy and daddy never really knew how to impose limits on the kids, making them behave like untrained animals. This could be caused because the parents had a rougher life and want to give their kids everything they weren't able to have.

Just give schools the possibility to REALLY punish kids, and fine the fathers who are unable to put their little beasts on a leach. For example here in Portugal the Government is going to fine/cut social benefits if kids misbehave or skip school.

It's the kind of thing a little bit of "brute force" might work wonderfully.

Mary
06-22-2012, 01:54 AM
Hilarious kids. "She probably misses her box of twinkies" :rotfl:

Supreme American
06-22-2012, 01:56 AM
I think the left has a lot to do with it.

They have put into the ears of children to ignore their elders and take moral cues from radicals and "intellectuals."

Vasconcelos
06-22-2012, 01:57 AM

Yea, too bad it wasn't you in there.

Mary
06-22-2012, 01:59 AM
Yea, too bad it wasn't you in there.

She had no business being there in the first place. If she was at home baking cookies for her grandkids, sure. This is just an old parasite trying to leech off taxpayer money and improve her pension.

Hurrem sultana
06-22-2012, 02:01 AM
Mary show some mercy ,everything comes back to you at some point in life,so watch your mouth karma might bite you ;)

Vasconcelos
06-22-2012, 02:03 AM
She had no business being there in the first place. If she was at home baking cookies for her grandkids, sure. This is just an old parasite trying to leech off taxpayer money and improve her pension.

Shut up, you have no fucking clue how her life is. Stop making assumptions, you do tht too much.

arcticwolf
06-22-2012, 02:05 AM
Huh? This is a mystery to you? They learn from their parents. Let's face it garbage in garbage out. The ethical foundation of today's society is selfishness, greed and ignorance. If you people think that you can build something good on that foundation then you have no clue whatsoever. Young generation learns from the previous one. Once again repeat after me so you can memorize it: garbage in garbage out. Hope this helps.:D

Mary
06-22-2012, 02:06 AM
Mary show some mercy ,everything comes back to you at some point in life,so watch your mouth karma might bite you ;)

I wouldn't do the things that this woman does. First of all, her wages and benefits are paid for by those kids' parents. That means she is their employee. She needs to show them courtesy. Second, her pension benefits and health care will probably be funded by those kids. And third of all, kids don't go off on someone like that for no reason, they're not dumb. It's not just some poor old lady, she has done something to deserve that treatment.

Mary
06-22-2012, 02:07 AM
Shut up, you have no fucking clue how her life is. Stop making assumptions, you do tht too much.

Oh, I know very well how her life is. I've seen these things myself in most old people.

Mary
06-22-2012, 02:13 AM
Huh? This is a mystery to you? They learn from their parents. Let's face it garbage in garbage out. The ethical foundation of today's society is selfishness, greed and ignorance. If you people think that you can build something good on that foundation then you have no clue whatsoever. Young generation learns from the previous one. Once again repeat after me so you can memorize it: garbage in garbage out. Hope this helps.:D

She shouldn't be teaching those kids in the first place.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-50Y1Ko2tg6o/T2nhfVIo2bI/AAAAAAAAqc0/mERdsqWqLN0/s1600/Demotivator+0158.jpg

Vasconcelos
06-22-2012, 02:14 AM
Of course, I forgot you know EVERYTHING about people.

Christian552
06-22-2012, 02:40 AM
She shouldn't be teaching those kids in the first place.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-50Y1Ko2tg6o/T2nhfVIo2bI/AAAAAAAAqc0/mERdsqWqLN0/s1600/Demotivator+0158.jpg

What is this strange creature/thing making these post? This is a woman?

Melina
06-22-2012, 02:46 AM
Kids today are being spoiled and if a parent disciplines a child it is called abuse today. The government is getting to where it shouldn't be going which is how to raise your own kids. Parents are scared their kids might be taken away from them.

Arne
06-22-2012, 03:01 AM
some parents donīt desserve respect
anarchy is great

iNird
06-22-2012, 03:06 AM
To be fair, middle schoolers are brats in general. Kids at that age do not have respect for some of their peers let alone for the elderly. Dominant figures are needed to control these little fckers and put them in their place. If this was 1950 America, these kids would receive a beating for their actions. Nowadays all they will get is a slap on a wrist, if anything.

:coffee:

Mary
06-22-2012, 03:44 AM
To be fair, middle schoolers are brats in general. Kids at that age do not have respect for some of their peers let alone for the elderly. Dominant figures are needed to control these little fckers and put them in their place. If this was 1950 America, these kids would receive a beating for their actions. Nowadays all they will get is a slap on a wrist, if anything.

:coffee:

First of all, respect is earned it's not given. Second, the kids' parents pay the wages of the school staff. That means the school staff are the servants of the kids. They need to show respect for the kids, then maybe they'll be shown respect back. This isn't a one way street where you get nice treatment just because you're older.

Osprey
06-22-2012, 03:48 AM
Kids should be taken aside, shown the harsh realities of life and asked ONE time, very frankly what they decide. If they decide to follow their elders wishes, well and good, otherwise, just disown them.

Contra Mundum
06-22-2012, 03:51 AM
Nothing angers me more than people who disrespect the elderly. A person who would abuse a vulnerable elderly person is the lowest of the low.

I blame a lot of this on the liberal media that glorifies youth and portrays the elderly as feeble, having bigoted outdated thoughts, and of are no value to society. In reality, the elderly come from a better generation. They're more moral, honest and trusting to a fault. That's why criminals and con artists prey on them.

Mary
06-22-2012, 04:08 AM
Nothing angers me more than people who disrespect the elderly. A person who would abuse a vulnerable elderly person is the lowest of the low.

I blame a lot of this on the liberal media that glorifies youth and portrays the elderly as feeble, having bigoted outdated thoughts, and of are no value to society. In reality, the elderly come from a better generation. They're more moral, honest and trusting to a fault. That's why criminals and con artists prey on them.

I don't agree. Young people are more valuable to society than old people. Old people should be pushed off a cliff.

Contra Mundum
06-22-2012, 04:12 AM
I don't agree. Young people are more valuable to society than old people. Old people should be pushed off a cliff.

Oh, okay. I think you need to spend more time talking to your psychiatrist than trolling this forum. I've seen a lot of good posters banned from here, but for some reason, you remain.

Mary
06-22-2012, 04:18 AM
That will be $1 trillion, will you be paying cash or plastic?

(CBS News) LOS ANGELES - The slow economy in the U.S. is squeezing state budgets and many can't find the money to pay the pensions they've promised public employees. Nationwide, all together, public pension plans are $1 trillion short.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57457451/u.s-public-pension-plans-face-$1-trillion-shortfall/

Osprey
06-22-2012, 04:22 AM
Oh, okay. I think you need to spend more time talking to your psychiatrist than trolling this forum. I've seen a lot of good posters banned from here, but for some reason, you remain.

She's sly as a fox and smooth as a weasel to wiggle her way out of every possible situation.

Mary
06-22-2012, 04:25 AM
Nationwide, the actual size of unfunded public pension liabilities is four times larger than the $900-plus billion that officials are ’fessing up to. That’s right, the bank sees a $3.9 trillion hole; to plug that, states and cities will need large tax hikes, massive budget cuts or both. Plus, public-sector unions will have to accept smaller retirement packages, and later retirement ages, to keep the pension systems going.

Without these steps, states and cities with the biggest holes face possible insolvency and default, though the bank believes the risk of default “is greater for municipalities than for states.”
In New York, for example, JP Morgan said state officials would have to immediately cut spending by 12.3 percent or raise taxes on everyone by 7.4 percent. And they’d need to make these tax hikes and budget cuts permanent for the next two decades to fully fund public-employee pensions.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/morgan_big_secret_DSB0O9VFZwDih1ZrjkeaAN

It's you vs. the oldies. Let the games begin.

Bobcat Fraser
06-22-2012, 04:27 AM

I take it that you're playing the role of a woman who tries to yank members' chains, so to speak. If not, how would you feel if you and your grandma were treated like this? I doubt that you would find much humor in the situation. One would have to be a sadist, akin to Caligula, to find this cruel abuse to be funny.

Mary
06-22-2012, 04:29 AM
I take it that you're playing the role of a woman who tries to yank members' chains, so to speak. If not, how would you feel if you and your grandma were treated like this? I doubt that you would find much humor in the situation. One would have to be a sadist, akin to Caligula, to find this cruel abuse to be funny.

My grandmother stayed at home and took care of her grandchildren. She did not go where she did not belong.

Sikeliot
06-22-2012, 04:34 AM
My grandmother stayed at home and took care of her grandchildren. She did not go where she did not belong.

What makes you think you should say where this woman does and does not belong?

Mary
06-22-2012, 04:34 AM
What makes you think you should say where this woman does and does not belong?

God.

Bobcat Fraser
06-22-2012, 04:36 AM

Nevertheless, would you laugh if she was bullied by punks in the same manner? I'm guessing that you wouldn't.

Mary
06-22-2012, 04:37 AM
Nevertheless, would you laugh if she was bullied by punks in the same manner? I'm guessing that you wouldn't.

She wouldn't put herself in that situation in the first place.

Melina
06-22-2012, 04:49 AM
She wouldn't put herself in that situation in the first place.

The poor woman had no choice but to go on bus! Not every grandmother in the world is as lucky as yours that stay home and bake cookies to their grandchildren. If that was my grandmother I would sue the kids parents!

Sikeliot
06-22-2012, 04:53 AM
One of the kids told the woman "If my mother was as ugly as you I'd kill myself" or something like that.. without knowing one of the woman's children DID commit suicide in the past.

2Cool
06-22-2012, 05:37 AM
The joke is on them because this woman will be $437,540 richer now.

http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein?c=home

Mary
06-22-2012, 05:57 AM
One of the kids told the woman "If my mother was as ugly as you I'd kill myself" or something like that.. without knowing one of the woman's children DID commit suicide in the past.

How is that anyone else's problem? It's not against the law for a kid to say that.

Mary
06-22-2012, 06:00 AM

The joke is on the people who gave her money.

Vasconcelos
06-22-2012, 10:22 AM
Old people should be pushed off a cliff.

So do you, all you do is fuck your sex master and consume resources that could be used by people that actually produce something.
You're worthless for society.

Jon Snow
06-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Old people should be pushed off a cliff.

So old people should be pushed off a cliff because they consume lots of resources while contributing nothing of value to society (in your eyes), am I right?

Well then, what should be done with posters who consume lots of bandwidth while contributing nothing of value to a forum? :lightbul:

jerney
06-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Kids today are being spoiled and if a parent disciplines a child it is called abuse today. The government is getting to where it shouldn't be going which is how to raise your own kids. Parents are scared their kids might be taken away from them.

That's not the only problem though. Many parents are just fucking lazy nowadays and don't want to bother spending the time to discipline their children and teach them manners. They also make excuses for their kids shitty behavior because they don't want to acknowledge that their kids are assholes and it's probably their fault

Anyway, I heard about this yesterday and was disgusted. I just hope there will now be stiff consequences for those little bastards. I did hear that someone set up a "vacation fund" for this woman and were hoping to earn $5000 for her, but within half a day ended up getting something like $300,000 donated. That makes me believe maybe there is still some good left in humanity.

edit: I just checked the donation site and apparently it's at almost half a million dollars for her.

Kazimiera
06-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Elders should be respected. Especially the frail, demented and those who are at risk for abuse. Elder abuse should be taken very seriously, and serious steps should be taken against those who abuse. They have taught us and devoted their lives to educating us, building this world into what it is today. We carry their blood in our veins and disrespecting them is tantamount to disrespecting ourselves.

Although there is something which I have always wondered about a certain old man I know. He is a psychopath. He abused his family, sexually abused children, gambled the family fortune away, robbed banks, spent time in jail, defrauded a previous employer of a lot of money(while he was already 80 - he was a bookkeeper) and actively encouraged his wife's suicide. He is now 85, had a stroke and can't speak anymore, is in a wheelchair, wears nappies 24 hours a day and needs to be fed. Even before all this happened, he used his age and frailty as a cover for his illegal activities. Who would suspect old grandpa of such terrible things? The man is evil, totally evil. He has made life a misery for countless people, destroyed lives, defrauded people. Does this man deserve to be treated with the respect he never showed to others?

Mary
06-22-2012, 06:37 PM
So do you, all you do is fuck your sex master and consume resources that could be used by people that actually produce something.
You're worthless for society.

On the contrary. Sex is the ultimate resource. Men produce things in order to trade those things for sex. Young hot women who fuck are the most valuable cohort of society.

Mary
06-22-2012, 06:38 PM
So old people should be pushed off a cliff because they consume lots of resources while contributing nothing of value to society (in your eyes), am I right?

Well then, what should be done with posters who consume lots of bandwidth while contributing nothing of value to a forum? :lightbul:

Yes. If they can't pay their way they should be put down.

You tell me.

Jon Snow
06-22-2012, 07:00 PM
You tell me.

I thought the implication of my post was obvious.

They (you) should be pushed off of a virtual cliff (banned). :thumb001:

Mary
06-22-2012, 10:45 PM
I thought the implication of my post was obvious.

They (you) should be pushed off of a virtual cliff (banned). :thumb001:

QsogswrH6ck

Bobcat Fraser
06-23-2012, 12:44 AM

In that case, can I be the new bus monitor? I'll wear a clown suit. The brats can pelt me with eggs and tomatoes, for all I care. It'll be worth the payday.

Mraz
06-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Lack of father figure, single moms raise evil children.

Xenomorph
06-24-2012, 03:55 PM

This is an incredible over-generalization.

Bobcat Fraser
06-25-2012, 04:15 AM
Can these kids be classified as psychopaths? They demonstrate a huge lack of compassion and empathy. How do they treat animals when nobody can see them? They remind me of the future youth portrayed in "The Time Machine", indifferent to the pain of vulnerable people (in that case, a drowning person).

Tony
06-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Kids, teens go far as they feel they're allowed to.

The kids/teens in the video actually seems to me not even that delinquent, they use only words but of course they ain't justified at all.

The "monitor" seems not knowing how to deal with those kind of kids butr to her excuse we gotta say that today everything you do is wrong, if you're liberal and lazy they will grow delinquent, if you're authoritarian and slap 'em the whole system is ready to condemn you.

It's a mess.

Sikeliot
06-25-2012, 02:39 PM

Not if they are a good mother.

jerney
06-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Not if they are a good mother.

True, but I think the ideal way for kids to be raised is with two stable, loving and responsible parents.

Sikeliot
06-25-2012, 02:46 PM
True, but I don't like when single mothers blame their lack of male head of the house for why their children are brats.

xajapa
06-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Unfortunately, many parents have never grown up. I am speaking of middle-class, educated parents as well. They have neither the disposition, the desire, the fortitude, or a combination of these, to guide and direct their children. Many children have more tenacity than their parents, and thus they get their own way.